Mid-Vail area on Vail Mountain
Vail, CO 81658Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.the10thvail.com/
- Phone: 9707541010x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Reservation Lines Open October 1st!
Open Daily for Lunch Starting November 21, 2014
Apres and Dinner Served Tuesday-Saturday from 5:30pm-9pm, Starting December 16th
Thanksgiving Special dinner offered Thursday-Sunday, 5:30-9pm
We are open in the summer!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European
- Executive Chef: Vishwatej Nath
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Starting in January, entertainment is offered Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays during Apres Ski, from 3-6pm.
- Cross Street: On Mountain, at the top of Gondola One, out of Vail Village
- Public Transit: The free Vail in-town bus runs from Golden Peak to Vail Village to Lionshead to the Marriott. The closest stop to Gondola One, the lift accessing The 10th, is Vail Village. Proceed across the Covered Bridge and up Bridge Street to load Gondola One (lift ticket required to access Gondola One during daytime hours).
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The 10th is a full service restaurant located at Mid-Vail on Vail Mountain. Guests may arrive by skiing to the Mid-Vail area, or by riding Gondola One out of Vail Village. A lift ticket is required to access Vail Mountain and The 10th restaurant during daytime hours. Gondola One is free to foot passengers after 4pm. Parking is available in Vail Village at the Vail Village parking structure; parking fees apply during daytime hours. After 3pm, parking is free.
A word from The 10th
The 10th is Vail’s premier on-mountain fine-dining restaurant, located atop Gondola One at MidVail. Overlooking the majestic Gore Range, The 10th’s name is a quiet nod to The 10th Mountain Division. Enjoy updated classics with a quintessential mountain feel while overlooking the expansive Gore Range.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The 10th reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Good for lazy lunch on the mountainKLDColoradoDined on 8/29/2014Large groups were seated so our service was slow. However, server didn't offer or bring sugar, cream with coffee, or ketchup with hamburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PTZODined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed our lunch at the 10th. It was essentially upscale bar food. Burgers, flatbread pizzas and salads. Quality of food was good but we were expecting a more panoramic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Summer Lunch AdditionVailFoodieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Great place to take a hike to anyday with breath taking views, enjoy an excellent lunch and head down Gondola 1 . Superb Food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 331 reviews are from the The 10th reviews archive.
- Outstanding Elevated DiningVailFoodieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Invited acouple of guests over , had a great time, great food and service. Wine list and knowledge of the sommelier was very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On mountain dining at its bestVailFoodieVIPDined on 4/16/2014A group of 3 of us dined and enjoyed the whole experience right from the little snow go cart dropping you off to the food, service and dropping you back to the gondi. Very impressive.Special Features:
- heavensharethebestVIPDined on 4/14/2014Don't miss this spot. WONDEFUL service, a spectacular view and delicious food. We almost passed dt the perfect Vail snow and our interest in maximizing ski time… so glad we did not.Special Features:
- A favorite dining spot with friendsFun2dineDined on 4/12/2014Our large group showed up a little early and we were seated right away...thanks to your amazing staff. Sure beats standing in line with a cafeteria tray scouting out tables! Food and drink were the best, will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The 10 was more like a 5LuvyummyfoodDined on 4/6/2014When we arrived, no one told me about the "slipper/ boot" room to store my things - even though there were about 6 servers gathered at the hostess station. My husband found out about 20 min later and pointed for me where to go. The website and reviews made it out to be practically a gourmet ecperience but I was very disappointed when everything was mediocre( except the price ). My cobb salad was nothing special, not very fresh either. My husband had the pheasant pot pie but it was soso and bland and not full of pheasant! The cheddar bread was overpowering . Basically I thought it would be a great experience which turned out "ok". Will find a better place next time for the price.
- The meal lasted 2.5 hoursjackVIPDined on 4/5/2014The meal lasted 2.5 hours and during that time we saw the server maybe twice, the wine steward once maybe twice, never checked our glasses after opening the bottle. Sent one order back to kitchen as it was cold, would have thought that maybe server would have checked on the problem, nope. They were offering a 3 course special menu at a reduced price which was never mentioned until we brought it up. Had to beg for a second bottle of wine. To finish off the meal they presented us with the bill including a 20% gratuity for a party of six. When I told the manager that I don't tip 20% for bad service and pouring my own wine, she said it was "corporate" policy. Manager finally relented and let me tip at my own discretion. Food average.Special Features:
- Poor Servicenothappy10thvisitDined on 4/4/2014We got our bread after our meals and were out of water for a while multiple times before it got filled. There were only 2 tables so no excuss for lack of service. Food was decent, but my pasta was warm not hot coming out.Special Features:
- Great break from ski slopes!OutandaboutDined on 4/3/2014We had lunch here everyday we skied. Deserts are fabulous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and good food.CooldiasDined on 3/29/2014Great view and good food. Best option in the mountain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No place better on Vail mountainDdiningDined on 3/29/2014Almost as good as Keystone's Alpenglow Stube on mountain dining. Large dining area but great entrees. Fun bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitress but kitchen slowKellyDined on 3/28/2014Came early and went to the bar for a beer. Bartenders not busy but ignoring all but seated customers waited ten minutes, then gave up. We were a party of 8 for 2:15 and seated at a table at the door. Took 30 minutes to get some of our drinks, 45 for the last three. Very loud music started at three, the two soups and one salad had arrived. We're stonewalled about moving to a quieter table ( restaurant no longer even close to full) but our waitress insisted they take care of us. Food finally arrived at 3:35. We were tired after a day of skiing and very disappointed with the entire show. This was our 5 th visit and probably our last. Expensive waste of time.Special Features:
- Ski BreakjsherbkcsDined on 3/22/2014ate lunch during a snow storm, it was a wonderful break, food and service were perfect and we had access to the coat room with complimentary slippersSpecial Features:
- Ski breakjsherbkcsDined on 3/21/2014I used open table to assure that we had a table at a great restaurant and forced ourselves to schedule a break.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best view for dinnerBuffaloLaurenVIPDined on 3/18/2014We rode the gondola up to mid-Vail to a wonderful restaurant with great service. They need to work on their understanding of certain food allergies but otherwise the buffalo carpaccio was great and the duck breast was tender and enjoyable. My dining partner ordered the special beef fillet which he said was very tasty and cooked perfectly. Great wine selection. Its a great place for special occasions while in Vail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view but food not great.AlexDined on 3/17/2014We were disappointed with our lunch at the 10th. Obviously, being a mountaintop restaurant the views are spectacular but the food was mediocre at best. We ordered a cup of tomato bisque which was drowned in olive oil as a topper which was not necessary to adorn it. The wild thing pizza had way too much garlic and we could not eat more than 2 bites - and we love garlic. We also ordered the mussels which were not as fresh as we are used too and the broth was very thin not thick or reduced. The service was excellent and the general manager immediately removed the pizza from our check- but the food left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- lovely on mountain dinner!TrishDined on 3/15/2014Our server, Brent, was great! The rack of lamb and the halibut were delicious. The berry dessert was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placePussycat50Dined on 3/15/2014You take a gondola up the mountain. Great views! Get rocky mt trout or beef bourbon on or lamb. Great veggies too. Tuesday nights are two for one!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of the Vail vacationSLCTODined on 3/14/2014Our family loved this restaurant - from the ride up at night in the gondola, to the Snow Cat ride to the restaurant, to the delicious food and attentive service, it is an all around package that shouldn't be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/14/2014I ordered the lobster salad and my dining mate the French dip. Both were good but nothing special. French fries were limp. Chai pot de creme was very good. Service from the hostess to waiter was haughty and all of the wait staff seemed rather put out at the thought of actually serving diners. The space and views are lovely. Might stop in sometime again for après ski but would not recommend for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful top-of-the-mt viewsBirthdaygirlDined on 3/14/2014A spectacular, first-rate setting to see the Gore Range on a Colorado-blue-sky day! A luxurious way to take a mid-day break, with prices commensurate with the view, tho' not out of line; there was interesting food and great service. Providing top-notch locker rooms for gear and cozy slippers for lunch was a nice touch (felt like the golf club). Menu interesting; a sweet spot to enjoy a flute of prossecco for that special or leisurely lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely one of the bestDianaDined on 3/13/2014Absolutely one of the best meals and service ever. The wine list is phenomenal and the wait staff (Oliver) was very knowledgeable and really made the dinner perfect. Recommend this highly to everyone, large or small groups, very nice dining and still child friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was just averageMikeDined on 3/11/2014The food was just average especially for the very high prices. Elk bolognese was like baked ziti and covered in cheese. Beautiful setting on top of the mountain.Special Features:
- Beautiful and always goodJohnAVIPDined on 3/11/2014We always eat at the 10th when we come to Vail. It is beautiful and consistently good. It is a great place to relax and refuel during a long day of skiing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best mountain lunch ever!Me12345VIPDined on 3/10/2014This is hands down the best lunch place on the mountains that we ever been at!Special Features:
- Lunch at the top of the mountainbeachams2Dined on 3/10/2014Gourmet food in an unbelievably beautiful natural environment. Make sure to get a reservation, even for lunch during ski season.Special Features:
- Awesome viewrzerVIPDined on 3/8/2014This restaurant is at MidVail and the view is why you go. No need to go if it is snowing or overcast. Go for the sunset view. There is a great bar and overall the food is good but expensive. But the view is worth a million dollars.Special Features:
- Poorly managed, noisy chow hallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014We sat in this vast, charmless hall 15 min.before water was even poured. We were trapped for 2 hrs total, most of that time with NOTHING to eat or drink in front of us. Our water glasses were NEVER refilled in 2 hours. It was 30 minutes before our order was taken. When bread & butter finally came, two tiny tubs of butter were inadequate for a table of 7 adults.. It was never replenished. When the entrees finally arrived,more than an hour after we were seated, those who ordered lobster salad literally starved, so tiny was this "entree." After plates were cleared 15 more min. passed before the check came. A large "service charge" had been added to the bill. Not one server deserved a tip. An utter disgrace.Special Features:
- Great DinnerLonnieAndDined on 3/7/2014The food and service were wonderful. It's a fun ride up and down the gondola at night. The restaurant is very pretty, and the snow outside is beautiful. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!sonjaDined on 3/7/2014Our dinner was amazing- food, service & ambiance. So we decided to hit Apres Ski here too. Make reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the atmosphere. TheJulesDined on 3/7/2014Loved the atmosphere. The food was great with a really nice selection on the menu. Very lively crowd for lunch. Great place for bigger groups and the service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantChuckDined on 3/6/2014Have come here many times for lunch & dinner since opening GREAT restaurant the view @ night is neat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Vail!SusanDined on 3/5/2014Just tried The Tenth to celebrate a special occasion and it was a perfect night with delicious food, excellent service and great ambience. We would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- given that we could not keepManny11Dined on 3/5/2014given that we could not keep our reservation due to the gondola being shut down for fireworks, we could not dine at the 10th. We have notified Vail of our great disappointment with them. It seems that they did not notify any of the people with reservations during the time period that effected them by the Gondola closure. I am sure Vail left a few people quite upset.
- the ad was rightlocavore51VIPDined on 3/5/2014some restaurants only get 5 starts - the 10th has zillions. great meal - everything was just rightSpecial Features:
- Best restaurant on Vail Mountain,JdjnjDined on 3/5/2014But amateurish service, and a bit pricey. You are paying top dollar for a decent meal and the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We waited 30 minutes aftercassisVIPDined on 3/3/2014We waited 30 minutes after our reservation time and the host was unable to let us know how much longer it would be so we ended up leaving. We are locals here and it was not the first time this has happened.
- Fun experienceBurghDinerVIPDined on 2/28/2014The 10th is special for dinner because you get to go up in a gondola at night and the service is great (a blanket for the ride up, snow cat takes you the ~100 yards from the gondola to the restaurant). The food is very good, on par with other Vail fine dining restaurants. Because the building has high ceilings, it gets loud, and the lighting isn't great. I saw many people reaching for the flashlight app on their smart phones to be able to read the menu.Special Features: