15201 Shady Grove Road
Rockville, MD 20850Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thatsamore.com/
- Phone: (240) 268-0682
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please see our website WWW.thatsamore.com for complete catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: banquet hall with separate kitchen and bar. we offer all you need for your function such as dance floor, podiums and sound system.
- Private Party Contact: Kourosh Shan 2402680682
A word from That's Amore
Italian family dinning restaurant. Traditional southern Italian cuisine. Our private rooms hold up to 200 people and with complete bar and entertainment facilities. Ideal for all special occasions and meetings. Catering services available for pickup and delivery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
That's Amore reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (13)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- We enjoyed our dinner!Coquette1VIPDined on 11/15/2014We had a delicious caprese salad and also the vodka penne. I ordered a "Solo" meal and the quantity was more than adequate...we shall return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chicken CacciatoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014It may take 45 min for even the single size to cook it, but it will take twice as long if you eat it all. There was at least a half of a chicken on the plate when it was served. My wife got three meals out of it taking two other portions home and that was the smallest size to order. The restaurant worked with us and started preparing it prior to our arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank You...justdjDined on 11/6/2014...for still being in the neighborhood, for still having the Mille Feueille on the dessert menu, and for seating us with Iris for our server. She made dinner fun and she was right on top of our every need. Plus our OpenTable seating request was honored...a huge plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressedDrummeralDined on 10/18/2014Food fair, service mediocore. Decor dated. Will not be going back. Pretty expensive for what it is.Special Features:
- Great service. Good food!KikiDined on 10/15/2014We are celebrating our one month wedding anniversary here! Great service, yummy food. The environment is romantic and great for us to chat. Especially love the entree we order!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food was good but server brought an appetizer to our table accidentally then brought it to another table. Then a cup of coffee was brought accidentally to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- individual or Family style diningcyriouslyDined on 10/11/2014Half-way point for us to meet with friends. No problem for party of 7 even with it being Homecoming season. Lots of young people, but didn't notice until the waiter mentioned. Noise gets muffled, so easy to hear. Menu offersoffers individual or family style meals. Food was good, but not great in our opinion. Also a little pricy for italian. Desserts were amazing!!!!Special Features:
- Good Italian Restaurantdeathm67VIPDined on 10/9/2014I've been eating here for years. Very nice. Service was very gracious. Waiter could not get the order correct and had to send the food back to be redoneSpecial Features:
- Food QualityJimFDined on 10/4/2014Quality was great - Quantity seemed lacking as we did the family style - $29 for a family plate of pasta is high Waitress - Iris I believe was her name was FANTASTIC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerJanelleSVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were traveling and used Open Table to find this place. We were not sure what to expect but felt under dressed and asked to sit in the lounge area. The server (JC) was very sweet and handled the room well. Clearly a lot of locals come to the bar to hang. Food was tasty. Worth a try!Special Features:
- Easy breezy atmosphereKate3Dined on 9/13/2014Our reservation was for 5 pm because we had an infant and toddler in tow. The set up was accommodating for the little ones while the adults enjoyed delicious dinners. We always order the Calamari Caesar Salad which was delicious ans fresh as usual. The Pork Osso Bucco was over the top terrific and Pasta with butternut squash and mushrooms was a taste sensation. Vanilla butter cake and cannoli cheesecake was shared by all and delicious. We will go back next month for a birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible service and foodMSalzDined on 9/12/2014I use to love coming here, but the manager and wait staff have atrocious service. First they asked us to move over to the table next to us (literally 2 feet away) because a big party was coming in. We then received the arugula salad with the wrong dressing and the manager tried to fight with us that we had eaten part of it. I'm sorry, but last I checked the customer is always right. Plus that is a major no-no and how you loose customers fast. Also they claimed their chicken catcetori and eggplant parm were worth the long wait, but both were fair at best. I will never come back here again.
- Pleasant eveningSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a nice meal. The portions are large and there is a nice selection of entrees. We did not feel rushed and our waiter was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!jnl77Dined on 8/30/2014Our group of 7 adults had a wonderful meal here before going to a show. We ordered the familia-size portions, sharing two salads and three entrees among us, and we still took home leftovers. Everything was delicious, and Carlos, our server, was great. That's Amore isn't close to our home, but we'll make the trip there for another meal soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty ambiance with excellent foodAheartDined on 8/16/2014The lobster diablo was delicious. There were some interesting decorations. It is not very handicap or stroller friendly with the steps and no ramp. We had a stroller. The waiter had trouble figuring out how to apply our coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantObservanceDined on 8/9/2014Overall, it was great and love the ambiance, however; our server was more occupy by another table who he is acquaintance with. He was nice to ask if we need more drinks, but he totally forgot about us twice. Instead of apologizing, he made sound like nothing was his fault. I end up asking another server for the drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodMichaelDined on 7/31/2014I was in a group of 11, sat in the main dining room. A little noisy for our purpose. The staff seemed stressed with the fairly large crowds that were there the same time we were. Service was good, food was good and plentiful. My wife and I split a penne dish and she still brought some home. She had a wine, not her usual, at the recommendation of the staff and enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind going back again just the two us to try some of the other menu items.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the That's Amore reviews archive.
- Delicious Italian food family stylengrace77Dined on 7/19/2014If you are looking for delicious food for a group, look no further than That's Amore! this restaurant serves generous portions so that a solo serving is great for sharing among two people. Pair it together with a family salad and a delightful bottle of wine and you have an Italian feast. we enjoyed the Giambonco (sp) sausage and chicken grilled with lots of vegetables, meat lasagna and eggplant parmesan. We also had the mushroom appetizers and a Greek family style salad. Plenty of food with leftovers to look forward to. The server was very attentive, water glasses always filled and extra plates provided and removed as needed.Special Features:
- Great service and attitudeFrankyboy52Dined on 7/18/2014what a great place to spend an anniversary we've never eaten at that's amore that was our 1st experience and what a great experience it was. my wife and I thank you very much for the humble hospitality and for the great food it was certainly a night for us to remember. that's amore made us forget about all the hustle and bustle for a little while. and that's what it's all about thanks that's amore for making our anniversary special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Took a group of 14 for lunch and had no problem making the reservation. Service was not bad for a group that size. Food came out fairly quick. I ordered appetizers based on lunch menu pricing, but family size came out based on group size. Prices of family size appetizers were only available on the dinner menu and were considerably more than I was expecting. It would have been nice to have that information prior to someone making that decision on my behalf. Individual reviews of meals where, "Okay".
- Great for special occasionfood911Dined on 6/15/2014The staff was very attentive & kind. Food was delicious. Environment was very comfortable for a large party of 16.Special Features:
- Maryland GemdwinklerDined on 6/14/2014What a find for us, although many people must know and appreciate it, because it was full of celebrations, couples & families enjoying the wonderful food and service. You can select individual dishes or a family style - and EVERYTHING we had was gourmet tasting. You must try the Calamari appetizer, the Salmon Amore and one of the delicious desserts!Special Features:
- Service not greatgalpalDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is good for big groups and there were several at the time. Food was also good but service left something to be desired. Waiter was passing out styrofoam containers for leftovers while everyone was still in the middle of the meal. One of 14 of us was not served until others were halfway through their entree. Salad available as 'add on' to entrees but we were charged the full salad price on the bill, which had to be re-done.Special Features:
- It was okMeatballsDined on 5/30/2014There was a distinct musty smell that reminds me of clogged drains and carpet damage. The hostess gave me the impression we were putting her out by walking in the door. We were seated by the "windows" that face some late 70's Drs office. The dinner bread was warm and soft and delicious. The veal was perfect but the sauce tasted burnt. The bread pudding was amazing. Our waiter told us jokes and looked after us often. I want to like this place so I will give it another try, but there are so many good Italian restaurants in the area it may be difficult to find an excuse to go back.
- DeliciousLapkoffDined on 5/29/2014I have been going for years and years now, never once having a bad experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014this place tries to be upscale however it fails miserably with the quality of food it puts out
- Good place for the family eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We often go to That's Amore for the family events because we like the atmosphere and food satisfies all tastes. Our favorite dish is Chicken Vezuvio, although there are many more delicious choices there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEMVDined on 5/11/2014Excellent Mother's Day Brunch. Very good for families and other groups. Good food, nice atmosphere and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day ReservationsUNPLEASANT7Dined on 5/11/2014I booked reservations approximately 2 weeks in advance for 12 noon on mothers day for 7 people. I received two phone calls prior to confirm my reservations. Day before Mothers day someone from thw restaurant told me to come earlier. When we arrived my Mom and my party had to wait 30 minutes before being seated. My Mom was not happy and that it was unacceptable. This shouldve been a pleasant time for my MOM not an unpleasant time.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We thoroughly enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day at That's Amore. The brunch was delicious and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Horrible front deskJDawgVIPDined on 5/10/2014Had OT reservations. Restraunts called day before to confirm it. Arrived exactly on time. Hostess acted as if she never heard of me. Handed her the OT printout and she found it. Asked me to wait in bar until table ready. Checked back in 10 minutes later. She looked at me as if she had never heard of the reservation again. Said they were running 10 minutes late. Long story short 1/2 hr to get to table. Server was good and food good. Just got to get to my table. PS bar service was terrible and never got a drink while waiting.
- Excellent for Small PartiesLovinGr8TimesAtThatsAmoreDined on 5/5/2014Our small party of nine (9) was seated at a round table in the corner of a quiet dining room which was perfect for our needs. Seven (7) of us welcomed two (2) new freinds, and the enviornment proved to be perfect for normal voice-level conversation between all members of our party. The food, was excellent as always, including timely service between courses and no guest rush by the wait staff. That's Amore continues to be one of the area's best "Fine Dining" experiences.Special Features:
- That's Amore!, is right.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2014Great place for excellent family authentic style Italian food. If you have a big family dinner, business group lunch or dinner, go to That's Amore. Everything on the menu is great and be sure to order dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent.ExcellentDined on 4/25/2014Great place to go without being expensive. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- katieDined on 4/22/2014Meet my friend for lunch hadn't been There in along time, food and service was good. Will go again.Special Features:
- Where's the Ravioli?WhyDoINeedANicknameDined on 4/4/2014I've been here numerous times with friends and family and always have a great time. This was no different, but what was different was the menu. One of the best things about this place was a large selection of ravioli dishes, one of which was always one of the daily specials. The ravioli dishes have all mysteriously disappeared from all but the kids menu, and our waiter seemed as surprised as we were. Also surprising was that the restaurant was completely empty, there were maybe three other tables sat at 7 on a Friday night?? Are they under new management - salads were larger than before, and a few other small changes. That said, the food as always was AMAZING. Service too was top notch. Everyone in our party was pleased with their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.Chef22Dined on 4/4/2014Always great food and service at lunch and very affordable.Special Features:
- Nice Quiet EveningJosiahDined on 3/8/2014We found That's Amore to have a good menu, a fabulous desert menu and romantic atmosphere. The pasta was good and the seafood special was very good and unique compared to other restraurants in the area. The desert was very good and in our case served with exspesso. The only down side for me was the very limit beer selection.Special Features:
- First Time InAmore4YouVIPDined on 3/8/2014Good food. Great service. Old school Amore for sure. Its about the ambience and old school charm.Special Features:
- Go to Restaurant for Family EventsDDPinMCDined on 3/8/2014That's Amore is consistently very good. The wait staff has been there for years and to me that is a sign of a company that cares for their staff. The food is great and very consistent. Compared to the other Italian restaurants in Gaithersburg Germantown area they are eaisly the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.