That's Amore Ristorante
700 Harbour Post Drive
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
That's Amore Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thatsamorerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8132219889
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Sat 5:00pm to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: T. CASTELLANO
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nicola Romano Many of Tampa's finest musicians and vocalists have loved jamming with Nicola, who always enjoys sharing the limelight.
A word from That's Amore Ristorante
That's Amore is a romantic Italian restaurant tucked away on Tampa's Harbour Island with a serene waterfront views of the downtown Tampa skyline. Customers can enjoy an authentic Italian dinner and a glass of wine by candlelight while listening to piano music. Enjoy serene views of Garrison Channel and Tampa's moonlit city skyline. Diners can also relax and enjoy a sunset meal outside on the patio or arrive via boat or book Tampa Bay Water Taxi. Menu items include antipasto, several specialty pastas, seafood dishes and Italian desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
That's Amore Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
- Check on Prix Fixe pricingAndyVVIPDined on 2/14/2014We came for a valentine's dinner and had an enjoyable evening. The atmosphere was romantic, with live music and soft lighting, The food was very good...everything we had was delicious...portions were modest. What was shocking was the sticker price for the meal. At $70 per person on a prix fixe menu (included salad, a small anitpast, entrée and desert)...this seemed a bit steep for this restaurant. Looking at their regular menu...the prices seemed very reasonable. The dinner we were served would normally have been less than $40 a person. Certainly not a good way to win over new customers. Extra tables made things tight (we were sat at a well decorated folding table). Overall a good experience, but beware of holiday menus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I ExpectedTampaTasterDined on 2/14/2014I made a reservation for this place for my wife and I for V-day because we had been wanting to try it for a while. I get a phone call several days later that the meny you only be Prix Fixe @$70pp. At this point, had to keep reservation since everywhere was booked. The food was goood but not amazing nor $70 worth. My entree was a thin sline of chicken breast w/ prosciutto and sauce and a handful of baby carrots w/ a few asparagus stalks. The only thing redeeming is if you get a window seat. At night, Tampa's skyline is amazing by the water.Special Features:
- PoorVisitfromMilwaukeeDined on 2/4/2014Was looking for Italian dining and this is not the place. Food quality below average at above average prices. Slow service and uncomfortable seating. Overall ambiance was marginally ok.
- Excellent little spot to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/14/2013Excellent little spot to eat - convenient water taxi over to the Times Forum. Food was excellent. Service started out good but got slower as the meal went on. Not sure if sitting outside had anything to do with it, but would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced/Small PortionsCelebratingDined on 12/14/2013Title says it all. Not at all excited about the Italian Food. We thought it was expensive in relation to portion size and food quality and presentation. We could have gone to Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden for the same at a much lower price. We are Italian ourselves, so it is really hard when the next 3 nights at home we had cavatellis and meatballs, eggplant parm with a side of spaghetti, and grilled salmon, mashed potatoes, and corn...I would without a doubt take any of those 3 dishes and stand them right up to what they were selling.
- Would not goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2013The menu on the around me app was 100% wrong and the place was way to expensive for the food it had. Very bland food.
- The food was not as good astower2Dined on 11/23/2013The food was not as good as the price,would love to support this place since its in the neighbor but without the discount we ( thats eight of us ) will not make it a regular hangout. We can get the same food at other places for the same price without the discount.Special Features:
- Outstanding!kchinn8Dined on 11/15/2013Booking the reservation was really easy, and the restaurant was great! My girlfriend (who's Italian) and I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Very romantic place. Great view of Harbour Island. Definitely a great "date night" spot.Special Features:
- Tampa surpriseGolphinutDined on 11/9/2013We were in Tampa for the Josh Groban concert and wanted a nice quiet place for dinner close to the venue. We found "That's Amore" walking distance from our hotel and the Tampa Bay Times Forum and it was a very nice experience. Food was above average with an outstanding brochette and very good Cesar salad. Drinks were ample if pricey ($12 martini), and waiter, "Eddie" could not have been friendlier or more accommodating. Atmosphere was lively but not too noisy and location on the water was very nice. So nice we decided to go back the next night as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choicehungryArchyDined on 11/8/2013Our group was attending a conference close by and decided to make reservations for our group of 14 here. Our table was ready when we arrived and we were catered to all evening. The food was very good as was the wine. I would recommend this place if you are in the neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Food doesn't justify the prices!JBone514Dined on 8/10/2013This was our 1st time dining here. Simply put, the quantity & quality of the food does not justify the prices charged. I was charged $23 for chicken limone + capers ala carte (1 small breast with a little pasta) which was ridiculous! My wife's veal marsala wasn't much better. The food was OK, but I've had much better value around town at several other local Italian restaurants. Finally, my waiter mischarged for my wife's glass of wine, mischarged the wrong amount of sales tax, and misadded the entire check! I realize that it's so costly to have a computer system in such a small restaurant. But, the owner may want to invest in a calculator with a paper tape that could be stapled to the check, helping avoid such mistakes in the future!Special Features:
- this was FABULOUS!GigiDined on 7/27/2013The owner came to the table many times to make sure we were taken care of and suggested great items not on the menu. The jazz guitarist was great. The food was really good. The whole evening was wonderful and the owner and waiter made us feel special. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Birthday in Tampa Yet!MiDeKopDined on 7/20/2013Really enjoyed the lamp chops and the brochette, the great service, and the chocolate martini. That combined with the one-of-a-kind view across Harbor Channel to the Forum and downtown made it a perfect birthday and one to remember. We might schedule a little later next time since the music, romantic piano tunes played by the former owner and current owner's Father, started around the end of our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointingSam77Dined on 7/13/2013Prices were pretty high for the quality of the food. And, after the fact, we realized the waiter had overcharged us $10 on our meal for 4. Tables are small for the large plates used. Just a mediocre experience overall.Special Features:
- On the ChannelsideSheenaDined on 7/6/2013Dining was nice, but not what was expected. There were no side choices, all came with a spaghetti type side and the same vegetable, which was slightly disappointing, especially for how much each plate costs. Other than that the food was good. I had to go order from the bar twice as our server was a little slow getting to our table but he ensured our food was out when it was still hot. As for the ambiance, it was much like dining on the cobble stome streets of Itly, which I have done many times. The water was stinky just as it is in Venice, but the lights are beautiful and the weather kind of muggy... it was a nice night for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never would have found thisJfondren3Dined on 5/10/2013Never would have found this place without open table. It's tucked into a nice little spot on harbour island over looking the water. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There use to be the same restaurantxmasVIPDined on 4/6/2013There use to be the same restaurant at Vienna, VA that was very good. So we thought having the same name it was going to be a par with the restaurant in VA. We were very disappointed. Service - took 30 mins for a waiter to even come to our table and get our drink order, the other table that came later than us was even served first, food and all. Everything was just slow and for an Italian Restaurant that was not even running full it took us 2.5 hours from the time we walked in to the time we left. Our whole party also got the feeling that she was speaking to us like we did not understand English. Just bad service.Special Features:
- Great little hidden gem!jcbslbDined on 10/27/2012My wife and I live about 20 minutes away and make it here about every other month. It can be a little pricey but being able to sit outside and watch the sunset makes the bill well worth the romantic, scenic evening. This owned by a great family. The owner and his wife entertain (sing, play piano, etc.) and their daughter is a great bartender there! If you do sit inside, the only downside on a Sat night can be the pizza bar getting a little loud if a football game is one. It's on Harbor Island in a quaint, upscale neighborhood right on the water across from the Tampa Bay Times arena. Again, all in all, a great little hidden gem and I highly recommend it. Also, you can take a free water taxi from Captn Larry to get here.Special Features:
- Our 3rd time... And probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2012Our 3rd time... And probably our last time. Food is above average, but something is very wrong with the kitchen. We waited o Almost 90 minutes for our entrees. Live music was obnoxiously loud with a bass registering at 11/10
- GROUPER TASTED A TAD TO "FISHY",OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012GROUPER TASTED A TAD TO "FISHY", WHICH 3 OUT OF 4 IN OUR PARTY ORDERED, AND WE ALL AGREEED WITH THAT EVAL.EVERYTHING ELSE WAS GOOD.SERVICE A LITTLE TO SLOW...WAITED FOREVER TO GET OUR CHECK.Special Features:
- Great food and unique in thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Great food and unique in that it is Italian but not too heavy. This was my second time and the first time the service and food were both great. This time the service left a lot to be desired. The food was very good although one member had to send her entree back the first time. Other than that the food was excellent. I am hoping my first experience was much more the norm. The view is very pretty on the Harbour and the complimentary valet parking is very convenient for meeting groups.Special Features:
- Food was sort of bland. Didn'tMachelleVIPDined on 6/1/2012Food was sort of bland. Didn't take them long to get it out. I felt like they rushed it out.Special Features: