That's Amore Italian Cafe
1425 31st Ave S
Seattle, WA 98144Neighborhood:
Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
That's Amore Italian Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thatsamoreseattle.com/
- Phone: (206) 322-3677
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Lunch: Friday & Sunday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul McMillion
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Each off-site catering is custom designed for your event from 30 to 250 people. We can drop off or provide full-service catering. Chef Paul is very flexible in working within your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Paul 2064780223
- Special Events: Starting the second Thursday in January of 2011, we'll have Andre Feriante flamenco/classical guitarist. Join us Thursdays at 7:30 and check our Facebook page for specials.
A word from That's Amore Italian Cafe
Welcome to Seattle’s only Neighborhood Italian Cafe with a city/water view. Just minutes from downtown Seattle, you'll enjoy classic Italian dishes with a modern twist. Local partners assure you of the freshest ingredients possible. Casual and cozy, you'll love the experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
That's Amore Italian Cafe - Best Restaurants in Leschi / Madrona / Madison Park ›
That's Amore Italian Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)scenic view (45)fit for foodies (23)romantic (21)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (10)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Wonderful little neighborhood place!airmattdogDined on 11/18/2014This was my second visit, and I can't wait to go back again. Great food and great, friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was late, but was later attentive & helpfulHoosurGurlDined on 11/15/2014We were seated right away, even though we were earlier than our reservation time. However, it took a long time for our server to appear. Thereafter, the server was attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Really solid Italian in an adorable settingpickyeaterVIPDined on 11/12/2014Food and service very good. Not fussy- but fresh, innovative dishes. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and peopleMellyferneDined on 11/9/2014Our server Mo was awesome. The food is very well priced and the food always tastes amazing. 10/10 will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- redgooseDined on 11/2/2014Fabulous!!!! In all ways!!! My grandson had meat balls and spaghetti. I told him I could make that for him and he said, "Not this good!" I would rather take him out anyway!!! Thank you for the delicious food! Friendly service! and helpful staff!!!Special Features:
- I enjoyed itBikkidiDined on 10/28/2014It was very nice. My wife and I enjoyed it. Wine was expensive and red wine was served in a small white wine glass. My app, entrée, and desserts were awesome. I would go back.Special Features:
- Alwyas great specialsSharpshooterVIPDined on 10/26/2014I have dine at this restaurant three or four times every time I ask for the specials. Always great . My 9 year old son loves this restaurants and I feel he is a great connoisseur. He asked for spaghetti with clams and he finished every single piece of food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Birthday dinner with girlfriends. Perfect by the window with view of Seattle at night. Would do it again!Special Features:
- ALWAYS hit it out of the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/18/2014Once again, we had an amazing experience at That's Amore. Food was amazing, staff is always amazing, wine and friends were amazing. If you want to have an amazing time all around, visit Thats Amore. They put 'Amore' into everything they do.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemNoiedDined on 10/10/2014As always, we had a wonderful meal here. We love the food. The restaurant is unpretentious and reasonably priced. It has a fantastic nighttime view of Seattle if you make your reservation far enough in advance to get near the windows. It is a great place to bring out of town guests, with free on street parking in the neighborhood, and friendly, attentive service.Special Features:
- Lovely mealsouthenderDined on 10/9/2014Had a great time and lovely meal. Special mushroom risotto and spinach-tiger prawn risotto were delicious. Service prompt and friendly. Wonderful place to go around sunset; view of downtown,Sound, and the Olympics is neat. Limited window tables, though, sotalk to them well ahead if you want to make sure to get one.Special Features:
- Always great cuisinemazamagirlDined on 10/8/2014We used to live in Columbia City and would dine frequently at That's Amore. Now it is our number one restaurant destination when we come back to Seattle 3 or 4 times a year. We are never disappointed in the quality of the cuisine or the experience. This time we ordered fruiti del mare (mussels were outstandingly fresh, calamari and shrimp) and pasta pomodoro con pollo, ensalta mixta and for desert tiramisu. We drive away wondering when we'll get the next chance to enjoy a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Worthy of repeat visitsCabernetFlashVIPDined on 9/26/2014We travelled out to this little gem from downtown trying to avoid another expensive downtown meal. It was well worth the taxi ride. Delightful food and cheery and timely service. Only issue is a limited wine list.Special Features:
- What a gem!neighborsDined on 9/26/2014We have lived in the area for 5 years, but just discovered this gem. The food was exceptional, far beyond our expectations and the location and ambiance was beautiful. Very quaint, traditional Italian, sweet and romantic spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful Neighborhood Gem!JJH1Dined on 9/2/2014Fun, fresh, and flavorful - perfectly consistant and affordable price-point!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find close to Leschi areaMikeDined on 8/22/2014We went to That's Amore two weeks ago with some friends. We were shocked that he hadn't been there sooner. The food is amazing, and the service is perfect. We loved it so much that we keep bringing our friends so they can experience this little gem.Special Features:
- PricingtrishrnDined on 8/9/2014I ordered the steak special for that day. I believe it was the New York strip? steak. I was very surprised at the price. Although I did not ask in advance, the waitress also did not offer prices. I believe it was overpriced for a neighborhood restaurant. The steak was cooked as I requested but not tender, the asparagus was limp, and I believe it was Gnocchi was terrible. I expect a higher overall significant improvement was called for a dish priced at $35.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotSeattleLocalDined on 8/2/2014We love this restaurant as a great little neighborhood spot. So much so that the waitress was letting everyone know about the gorgeous sunset so we could walk to the outlook next door and enjoy the view. I thought that was really fun. And the food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2014We'll be back soon! We had a pleasant evening dinner outside on a balmy summer eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattVIPDined on 7/26/2014This small neighborhood Italian restaurant is a gem. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced. The portions were big enough for a hearty eater. The waitress was great. Everyone was very friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be coming back again.Special Features:
- The following 158 reviews are from the That's Amore Italian Cafe reviews archive.
- Personal TouchLouattleDined on 7/12/2014Not even 5 minutes after I made my reservation I received a call from the restaurant and they were calling to assure me that they could accommodate my anniversary reservation request for a window. Once there the wait staff made me and my family feel welcomed and invited, we weren't guest, we were family. They gave us a nice card commemorating our special day and they also provided dessert on the house. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find and worth it!love2eatDined on 7/1/2014After searching the neighborhood for 30 minutes and 2 calls to the restaurant, we finally got to the restaurant (obviously we are not locals and our GPS took us to the wrong location!). the search was certainly worth it! As a group of 9, we ate off the entire menu. The salads were fresh and the dressings very good. The pizzas and appetizers were very good. The entrees were, for the most part, original (not just the same everyday fare) and all were individually prepared and all tasted great. The waitress was very attentive and made sure everyone was taken care of. The view is excellent with the only problem being the glare of the afternoon sun despite the sun shade on the window. Truly worth the trip!Special Features:
- neighborhood find2citizenshipsVIPDined on 6/13/2014Came highly recommended for the view. It is scenic but I guess I just expected more. However, forget the view and go for the food. Our waitress was prompt and personable. Food was tasty and arrived hot. What a concept!! In the middle of a residential neighborhood so it kind of just blends in until you eat here. If we were locals, we'd be regulars for sure. Thank you for a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewsMandMDined on 6/12/2014Make sure you request a table by the window. The view from the top of Mt. Baker is beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard To BeatSurfSwitchVIPDined on 5/28/2014Quite possibly one of the best Italian restaurants in all of Seattle. The view is fantastic from the table windows (which are worth waiting for) and the staff is so friendly and nice. Service is quick, wine is great, and everything n the menu is delicious. I have absolutely zero complaints. They made our evening perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Terrific neighborhood Italian. Unprepossessing from the outside, no fancy decor inside--but quality food and a thoroughly friendly atmosphere. If you happen to secure one of the small number of tables with a spectacular view, that's a very nice bonus. But go for the food. I just wish it was in MY neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still exceptionalSeattleRalphDined on 5/22/2014I've been eating at this restaurant for years. And although I haven't eaten there for a few years, returning there a few days ago, was like coming home. The food was top notch, served with expertise by wait staff that were personable and sharp to notice details that make a difference. I left satisfied, relaxed and happy.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2014We are so glad to have this restaurant in our neighborhood! The food is very fresh and tasty; and the service is always friendly and attentive. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Favorite spotfoodieinseattleDined on 5/7/2014We dine here all the time and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than AmoreGeosDined on 5/5/2014That's Amore continues to be one of our "go-to" Italian restaurants in Seattle. The food is great, and the service is professional, and fun. Everyone is having a good time, and it is a pleasure to dine there.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Great food. Had a fantastic Pollo Parmiagiana and Pollo Piccatta with great sauce on the Penne Bolognese. Great service to boot. Just a fantastic dining experience. View would have been spectacular if not for the classic Seattle rain.Special Features:
- Overall Great Experience.GoodCookDined on 5/2/2014Great food, view and service. I have been to That's Amore several times and never been disappointed. The pasta was fresh. Wine was good and well priced. This is a neighborhood restaurant, wish it was in my neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be going back soon!JenleehiDined on 4/30/2014Loved the view, the food and the staff. Sounds like other patrons tried to steal away our reserved table (as I had requested near the window with the spectacular view) but the staff kindly told them it was reserved and kept their word. We made a 7:45pm reservation and it was a beautiful place to watch the sun go down. I'd say the food was casual (but delicious) Italian dining. Nothing fancy which makes it great because you could come for a casual dinner or for a special occasion (as we did). I'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Waitress delightfulbarney99Dined on 4/11/2014Our waitress was a delight. Very helpful, great sense of humor and efficient. Food was excellent. Three of us had pasta and one pizza. One had the Wild Boar Pasta and it was excellent. A very pleasant experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great meal!desserthoundDined on 3/23/2014Went for a special occasion, not only was the view gorgeous, the food was great, the service OUTSTANDING and they even made us a little "congratulations" card and bought us a piece of their delicious tiramisu to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood dining room w/ a viewAmorousEaterDined on 3/9/2014We were delighted to waltz into an excellent table near the window at That's AmoreCafe after reserving a table only 30 minutes before arrival on a Sunday evening after being refused a table at SkyCity Restaurant at the Space Needle. We didn't give up anything when it comes to having a sweeping view of downtown Seattle and the sun setting in the West, over the Olympic mountains. Based on reviews of SkyCity, we likely improved the contents of our plates. While not expensive, the menu at That's Amore Cafe offers a nice selection of special plates for the adventurous palate as well as classic pizza, calzone, and pasta. If one insists on a wine selection that will set them back a few Andrew Jackson's, That's Amore Cafe does not dissappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfulvetrDined on 3/8/2014We have been here several times and the food Is always incredible. They were kind of busy when we went Saturday night but once our waitress got to us she was amazing. Super friendly and attentive to every detail.. everything you'd want in a restaurant experience. When we were almost done another waitress came over and remembered us from our last time there. We had had a looong and tiring day and this provided the perfect respite. They know how to provide a wonderful dining experience overall. Good job you guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian food at it's best!LuvsvinoDined on 3/8/2014That's Amore Italian restaurant is the best neighborhood place in the Seattle area! Great food, always delicious specials plus all regular menu items are fantastic. Nice wine list with many choices for wines by the glass. The best thing about this restaurant is the service, soo friendly and you genuinely feel like they are happy to see you again! By far my favorite place to go for a night out for a delicious dinner and overall great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food. Amazing view.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2014The antipasti platter and bruschetta appetizers we're wonderful and perfect or sharing! We had a party of 8. Everyone's entrees were delicious. In particular, we cll loved the Wild Boar Ragu and the Pok Chop. A delicious dinner and very fun evening! (And, wow.. That view!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously, I'm very pickyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/24/2014Seriously, I'm very picky about my Italian restaurants, and this place is top notch. A little too pricey to be an every-night spot for most folks. But for even semi-special occasions? This is an absolute must. Get the polpetta. Seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.