Thasos Greek Taverna
3330 E Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Thasos Greek Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thasosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9542006006x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian, Greek
- Executive Chef: William D'auvray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thasos Greek Taverna
Thasos Greek Taverna's focus is on fresh seafood and meats cooked on our wood fire grill & rotisserie along with seasonal vegetables featuring flavors of the Mediterranean. Our goal is to provide a unique dining experience, in a casual chic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Thasos Greek Taverna - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Thasos Greek Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)good for groups (35)special occasion (35)hot spot (28)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (16)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great atmosphere and foodCraig4245VIPDined on 9/19/2014We shared a bunch of small plates. It was perfect. So many tastes. Loved the octopus. Loved the watermelon salad. And the fish special was So good. And the atomosphere was fun. Very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yuhnahDined on 9/12/2014DELICIOUS! The watermelon/feta salad with balsamic glaze was amazing. My boyfriend and I could not get over it. The grilled octopus was good, but nothing to write home about. Lamb chops were perfect as was the panna cotta we had for dessert. The ambiance is trendy, and while our server was good, we noticed a disconnect with management and service team. Do not let your customers see that you are upset, or scolding anyone.Special Features:
- SUPER DELICIOUSlovesushiDined on 9/7/2014from the appetizers ( eggplant spread and grape leaves) to the meals( grilled octopus, crab cakes and lamb chops with polenta and mashed potatoes) to the OMG dessert dark chocolate bread pudding.... everything was to DIE for!!!!!!!!!! definitely going again!!!!!!! The place is beautiful!!!!! Just like being in Greece!!!!!! the service was great!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally some competition!BeachyqueenDined on 9/6/2014Couldn't let Greak Islands Taverna maintain their complete dominance on Greek food. Now there's a choice. Ok people! Would you like to make a reservation and not rush to stand on a long line? Would you like free valet parking? Would you like an owner who is friendly? Would you like absolutely comparable food at reasonable prices? Go to Thasos, give it a try, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great food and ServicePianoladyDined on 9/1/2014The ambience and service were outstanding! The food was beautifully presented, but we thought it was a bit costly. In addition, I would have liked to see a more varied menu.Special Features:
- very goodtom53Dined on 8/27/2014The food was great. Bar service was a little slow despite the restaurant being nearly empty. Our waiter was not all that familiar with the menu. The portions are very generous. We probably ordered too much food. But, I love seeing the fresh fish on display. Wine list very disappointing, especially Greek wines. will go back. The booths are difficult for short people, so we moved to accommodate one person in our party. not rushed. it was a very leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- ThasosElsupremoVIPDined on 8/24/2014the restaurant is beautifully decorated and is very pleasant to the eye....The white and turquoise decor makes you feel as if you are in the greek island of Mykonos....The service is courteous and pleasant and always trying to make your experience worthwhile ....The food is authentic Greek and based on George's(Te owner) mother's recipes and is quite delicious....I will be going back very often!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 8/23/2014The selection and quality is excellent. Loved everything I've tried at Thasos on both visits. I'm a New Yorker but have dined at Thasos twice on different trips and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs polishLarryDined on 8/22/2014great attempt at a hip Greek restaurant but needs polish. Good good, not great. Management attention to detail not there. They have to take the next step to get a fifth star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably delicious!ginabDined on 8/22/2014Had a spectacular seafood meal with one exception, lamb meatball appetizer. Octopus, mussels, Bronzino, calamari and Greek salad. Nice and generous pour of a Sauvignon blanc which paired well. Of course, 2 Greek desserts! Service was beyond exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely findChewieDined on 8/16/2014Had a great meal. Well prepared and presented Greek dishes, not the usual run-of-the meal fast food style Greek found at most places. A unique compilation of appetizers, salads, small plates, entrees and desserts at a variety of prices. Prices are reasonable for quality and quantity. Service is attentive but not intrusive If you like noise, sit inside; if you want to share conversation sit in their outside area (air conditioned) and enjoy the quieter atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to loudJimmyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit. Food, service and everything else was awesome. However the noise level this time was unbearable. My wife and I maybe said two words to one another. They should invest in some kind of sound absorbing panels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Good local spot in East Ft Lauderdale to enjoy a tapas meal. Excellent service as always and a great place to bring out if town guests.Special Features:
- Great dinnertitoVIPDined on 8/4/2014We come to Florida once a year ..beach week for us.. Thasos has become a must stop for Greek food. From the grilled octopus to the whole fish..yum yum... Excellent... Great friendly service,great food.. Can't said enough..if you are visiting on the mood for Greek food..make it a stop.Special Features:
- All smoke and mirrorsSanjDined on 8/2/2014Upon entering very nice .. Food was cold, apps good entrees small not impressed over priced for what you get. So many better places in lauderdale skip this one
- Great food/Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Food is great. Wine was excellent. The service lacks experience and this was not the first time. Service needs polishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is slow and apatheticBSK567Dined on 7/26/2014We have been there several times and it seems the service has gone down hill over the past couple years. They went from professional and attentive to high turnover and poorly trained, apathetic servers.
- DisappointingTommyDVIPDined on 7/17/2014The hostess was apathetic and looked like she wanted to be somewhere else. We had to assist the waitress to clear the table, and the menu is limited and overpriced.Special Features:
- Consistently ExceptionalJMETravelDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Thasos many times, most recently with a group of six. We shared small plates as a table, ordering more as we felt hungry. The food, decor, service and feeling all made for a fun, memorable evening.Special Features:
- Love It!DisappointingVIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again, we had a great meal at Thasos! This time, we opted for small plates. We had the green chickpea spread, octopus, lamb sausage, keftedes and orzo with feta and spinach. All were winners! Shared a piece of galactaboureko (sp?) for dessert. Drinks were a watermelon, vodka and ouzo combo and were perfect! Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- good Mediterranean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined here several times. Each time the food is very good- the appetizers and small plates are typically more interesting and tastier than the entrees. The service, however, is typically inattentive. This has been our experience every time we have dined at Thasos. The dishes are fresh and interesting. The restaurant itself is very noisy- even in the much slower summer months it was almost impossible to hear anyone who was not seated directly across the table.
- fantasticKTofFLDined on 7/12/2014We LOVES our meal!! We tried almosy all of the apps and they were simply amazing. ...the drinks were great....the main courses delicious and the service was great. Very very expensive but enjoyable; will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- modern twist on classic greekveggies4meDined on 7/12/2014All the goodness of classic greek with modern upscale details and presentation. The setting is modern with traditional white greek feel. A few options for vegetarians and they are flexible with changes to menu items. The noise level is a little high but we were able to converse. Overall a very nice dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaydeeJaydeeukDined on 7/6/2014Great welcome, great food, great fun! Excellent to have such very different food from the same old stuff on every other menu. Also the decor in the restaurant is cool and adds to the whole experience. After all it should be about the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent but poor serviceSirbobbyDined on 7/5/2014Cool place. Great decor. Food decent but main course took for ages and vegetables cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek treat!Picky1Dined on 7/5/2014I love this restaurant! I am very particular when it comes to dinning out. I find the food very fresh and delicious.... I love the all white decor and the servers are friendly and knowledgable. I love the green chickpeas and pita bread. The muscles are a hit with our entire family. I usually do not eat dessert but I make that an exception because they are well worth the calories. I would say this is one of my top picks!Special Features:
- do not go....DiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Terrible service that went from bad to worse...went on a Saturday evening when restaurant was far from crowded...appetizers arrived far ahead of cocktails which then arrived not as ordered...had to request more water...only two glasses filled for four...then....a 50 minute wait for entrees...waiter apologized..we asked to speak with manager who never bothered to come...we has ordered yellowtail...waiter said it would come as filet..it arrived with head and bones...sent it back...finally after check was paid waiter offered a glass of wine! Manager finally showed up and did little but be arrogant and unsympathetic...Luckily there are many other better options to dine at...so don't go here....
- Great place, if you can get to itWinegirlncDined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed our cocktails, food and wine at this restaurant. Our server was a bit overbearing but nice. Unfortunately, if you are trying to access this place from A1A, you need to know the secret route of cutting through the nearby Hess station. After driving around for a while, we ended up parking the car in a place near the restaurant that we weren't sure was legal, so we asked the valet to go find the car and move it. 15 minutes later, we asked the hostess to make sure they found it and they had not (not sure the valet even bothered to look). So my husband had to get up from his meal, go fetch the car, and drive in a circuitous route to get it to the parking lot. Unfortunately, this colored our entire experience. Can't recommend.Special Features:
- Gourmet GreekRJENVIPDined on 6/22/2014Great food and excellent service. Not your typical Greek gyro place. It's upscale food in a fun, beautiful setting. The waitstaff are attentive and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodFalcoDined on 6/15/2014Great greek food and great table service from Maria. A++Special Features:
- Good but not Great.FoodboofVIPDined on 6/13/2014The all white design and location is amazing. The service was excellent and the owner came over to get to know us, we felt very welcomed. But over all, the food was good, but a little expensive for what you get, especially the appetizers.Special Features:
- Top Notch Greek RestaurantJimmyDined on 6/7/2014Been wanting to visit this restaurant for some time. Food is excellent, service was great has a great ambitious. They valet your vehicle (not by choose) which I was not really happy about but that is their policy. All you have to do is give them a tip if you like as parking is free. The place is spotless and complete white with a few blue accents. Manager visited our table a few times to be sure everything was to our liking and the chef gave us a sample appetizer for free. We will visit this restaurant again as we enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs upMatimatikDined on 5/31/2014Great service, athmosphere, aesthetic, and food. At times I thought I was on travel in Greece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too die for!ChristopherDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I have always stop in for their amazing food, service and ambiance every tim we are in town. This is a must for your bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 301 reviews are from the Thasos Greek Taverna reviews archive.
- Wonderful surpriseDomlovesdiningDined on 5/17/2014Passed by so many times and finally had. Friends bday to celebrate and was totally surprised by the beautiful ambiance, awesome food and outstanding customer service. If u like Greek food you will thoroughly enjoy this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and ambiancebonchiVIPDined on 5/16/2014As always, the food was awesome. Waiter was very pleasant and attentive. Great atmosphere!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loving Dining ExperiencelovetoeatwithfriendsDined on 5/12/2014Was there for a birthday celebration. The food was delicious and the service impeccable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit priceybownotsDined on 5/10/2014We went to Thasos for eatly Mother's Day on Saturday night the food was good the service was very good. The large Greek salad was a nice portion and the dresing was good. I felt ovetall that it was a bit over priced for Greek food and would probably not be back anytime soon.
- One of the best Greek restaurantsJBinFLVIPDined on 5/9/2014We went here once before and enjoyed it but hadn't been back and I don't know why. The food was great and so is the atmosphere. We had a bunch of tapas and all were really good but our favorite were the zucchini chips. I also liked the goat cheese spread and the meatballs. We are not going to wait as long to come back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatJackieDined on 5/3/2014we keep coming back to Thasos. food ,service and atmosphere are the best for a happy and delightful meal with friends and familySpecial Features: