Thasos Greek Taverna
3330 E Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Thasos Greek Taverna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thasosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (954) 200-6006
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian, Greek
- Executive Chef: William D'auvray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Thasos Greek Taverna
Thasos Greek Taverna's focus is on fresh seafood and meats cooked on our wood fire grill & rotisserie along with seasonal vegetables featuring flavors of the Mediterranean. Our goal is to provide a unique dining experience, in a casual chic atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Thasos Greek Taverna - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Thasos Greek Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)good for groups (47)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (30)romantic (25)vibrant bar scene (18)notable wine list (15)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- they need to improve their service.FoodloverVIPDined on 11/21/2014drinks way too long even when you seat at the bar food is fresh and very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek!NandoDined on 11/18/2014Love the ambiance here, white on white, very bright. It can get loud but then that's part of the Greek dining experience. This is probably not for kids, it's white table cloth Greek, not Opah flaming cheese greek, although they do have that and it's very good. Food's great and the wine list is pretty good and inexpensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take your sunglasses and expect a large billFredBVIPDined on 11/14/2014Everything is white inside the restaurant, so the interior recreates the whitewashed walls of a Greek island. The food is Greek with a modern twist. The wine list is extensive. The prices are at the high end of the spectrum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary GreekGlassmanDined on 11/10/2014We wanted a place with an amazing atmosphere and great food for my girlfriends 40th. This place knocked it out of the park. The waiter was amazing the small plates we shared were well presented and tasted so good. The owner is quite the character and makes periodic visits. Just go and see for yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly customer servicedrgioDined on 11/9/2014delicious food and drink; excellent customer service; beautiful settingSpecial Features:
- Authentic and fresh foodFoodloverVIPDined on 11/7/2014Just the drinks took while to come to the table because the bar got jammed. Everything Else is great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is unlike Greek hospitalitypalmbeach78VIPDined on 10/31/2014We recently had dinner at Thasos for the 1st time and we were looking forward to it. Our server was polite, but extremely cold, and couldn't really sell dishes. Thankfully, I am Greek and knew exactly what to order. The food was excellent with the exception of Smelt (tasted old) and the dessert was way too sweet (ekmek kataifi). When I said I was disappointed in the smelt, I didn't feel empathy from the server, which was strange. I think what is lacking is the inviting and welcoming feel of a Greek taverna, especially since it is one. However, the ambiance is fabulous, the lighting was beautiful and the wine list was excellent. We will most likely return, but hope they can teach their staff to build a rapport with patron and learn to smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thasos 11/30/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014What a great find in Ft. Lauderdale! The restaurant is visually stunning, service was perfect - wait staff was attentive and offered excellent suggestions on menu items. Bartenders were personable and friendly, the owner was present and checked in on us during the meal. Everything we tasted was excellent.Special Features:
- The worst greek restauranteatingoutDined on 10/30/2014Greek food is my favorite. So, when I recently moved to Florida I sought out its best greek menu. It is not Thasos. Just for starters, the waiter had never heard of roditis wine. "Is that like retsina?" I ordered spanakopita and was served 3 small canapes that you can buy in the frozen food section at SAMs Club. The calamari appetizer was $16.00 for a plate barely enough for two...and it was greasy. We paid $100 for two and it was for nothing. They have a lot of nerve charging the money that they do for such small and unappetizing portions. This is not a greek restaurant. It has some greek dishes on the menu but that about as far as it goes. Don't bother.
- Must try RestaurantJimmyDined on 10/25/2014We have been here a few times, the last time we visited Thasos we sat inside and the noise level was out of control. This time we sat in the porch area. What a difference. Food as always was great with service complimenting everyrhing. The manager visited our table thought out the meal. We ordered all kinds of food off the menu and everything was top shelve. You can count on it that we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindVinnyDined on 10/21/2014For years my family and I have gone to Miami/Ft Lauderdale and gone to many resturants. This time we decided to try Thasos based on the look from the outside and that we drove by it to get to another Greek spot. I'm glad we did. Everything from Service, Food and Wine was amazing!Special Features:
- Always greatidolfanaticDined on 10/18/2014Been her a few times and each time it is great. Food never disappoints, and service is the best. Whipped feta, while it is a bit spicy, and green hummus are excellent appetizers. Greek salad is delicious and has the best tasting tomatoes. Highly recommend for dinner or drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- Delicious fish!MbstrnthlDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten at Thasos on multiple occasions and have ordered different appetizers and entrees each time. TheY have all been good and the fish is always fresh. Our favorite restaurant in Fort Lauderdale!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Greek CuisineIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 10/5/2014The restaurant is beautiful from the outside (it's why we chose the restaurant), and the interior design doesn't disappoint either. It made for a beautiful setting for a well prepared meal. Greek food can be risky with unique flavors, but Thasos managed to offer creative dishes that satisfied the tastes of all members of our party. Prices were reasonable, service was good...an overall positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern and ExcitingChrjDined on 10/4/2014Thasos is a real find for the architecture, the food, the service and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of Greece at homeYeseniaTravelingSpoonVIPDined on 10/4/2014We've been to this lovely family owned restaurant on several occasions. The food served is always fresh and the service is great. In addition to their regular menu, they offer a special menu that changes regularly. We've been to many Greek restaurants in the tri-county area, Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, and oftentimes the food is a bit greasy. The food at Thasos is cooked perfectly and the natural ingredients can each be tasted as opposed to the greasy food we've had at other Greek restaurants. The restaurant is also a great place for group celebrations as they have a few areas in the restaurant that can cater to larger groups. Additionally, the restaurant decor is very chic. We're looking forward to dining at Thasos again soon!!Special Features:
- Greek ChicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Finally a place with contemporary European food. In europe you would have to wait a week to get a reservation in this place. Here, well, you can enjoy it whenever you want. Ask for the mediterranean sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Took my wife and 6 others for a celebration meal. Food was Good, service was good, food took a long time to get out of the kitchen. Octopus was a little too fishy tasting for me. Prices were fair. Noise level was high, but because we were a big group, it didn't matter to me. It's a group place, not a quite romantic venue. Also kind of hard to get into the parking lot. Open table booking is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodCraig4245VIPDined on 9/19/2014We shared a bunch of small plates. It was perfect. So many tastes. Loved the octopus. Loved the watermelon salad. And the fish special was So good. And the atomosphere was fun. Very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yuhnahDined on 9/12/2014DELICIOUS! The watermelon/feta salad with balsamic glaze was amazing. My boyfriend and I could not get over it. The grilled octopus was good, but nothing to write home about. Lamb chops were perfect as was the panna cotta we had for dessert. The ambiance is trendy, and while our server was good, we noticed a disconnect with management and service team. Do not let your customers see that you are upset, or scolding anyone.Special Features:
- SUPER DELICIOUSlovesushiDined on 9/7/2014from the appetizers ( eggplant spread and grape leaves) to the meals( grilled octopus, crab cakes and lamb chops with polenta and mashed potatoes) to the OMG dessert dark chocolate bread pudding.... everything was to DIE for!!!!!!!!!! definitely going again!!!!!!! The place is beautiful!!!!! Just like being in Greece!!!!!! the service was great!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally some competition!BeachyqueenDined on 9/6/2014Couldn't let Greak Islands Taverna maintain their complete dominance on Greek food. Now there's a choice. Ok people! Would you like to make a reservation and not rush to stand on a long line? Would you like free valet parking? Would you like an owner who is friendly? Would you like absolutely comparable food at reasonable prices? Go to Thasos, give it a try, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Great food and ServicePianoladyDined on 9/1/2014The ambience and service were outstanding! The food was beautifully presented, but we thought it was a bit costly. In addition, I would have liked to see a more varied menu.Special Features:
- very goodtom53Dined on 8/27/2014The food was great. Bar service was a little slow despite the restaurant being nearly empty. Our waiter was not all that familiar with the menu. The portions are very generous. We probably ordered too much food. But, I love seeing the fresh fish on display. Wine list very disappointing, especially Greek wines. will go back. The booths are difficult for short people, so we moved to accommodate one person in our party. not rushed. it was a very leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- ThasosElsupremoVIPDined on 8/24/2014the restaurant is beautifully decorated and is very pleasant to the eye....The white and turquoise decor makes you feel as if you are in the greek island of Mykonos....The service is courteous and pleasant and always trying to make your experience worthwhile ....The food is authentic Greek and based on George's(Te owner) mother's recipes and is quite delicious....I will be going back very often!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 8/23/2014The selection and quality is excellent. Loved everything I've tried at Thasos on both visits. I'm a New Yorker but have dined at Thasos twice on different trips and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs polishLarryDined on 8/22/2014great attempt at a hip Greek restaurant but needs polish. Good good, not great. Management attention to detail not there. They have to take the next step to get a fifth star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably delicious!ginabDined on 8/22/2014Had a spectacular seafood meal with one exception, lamb meatball appetizer. Octopus, mussels, Bronzino, calamari and Greek salad. Nice and generous pour of a Sauvignon blanc which paired well. Of course, 2 Greek desserts! Service was beyond exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely findChewieDined on 8/16/2014Had a great meal. Well prepared and presented Greek dishes, not the usual run-of-the meal fast food style Greek found at most places. A unique compilation of appetizers, salads, small plates, entrees and desserts at a variety of prices. Prices are reasonable for quality and quantity. Service is attentive but not intrusive If you like noise, sit inside; if you want to share conversation sit in their outside area (air conditioned) and enjoy the quieter atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What to loudJimmyDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit. Food, service and everything else was awesome. However the noise level this time was unbearable. My wife and I maybe said two words to one another. They should invest in some kind of sound absorbing panels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Good local spot in East Ft Lauderdale to enjoy a tapas meal. Excellent service as always and a great place to bring out if town guests.Special Features:
- Great dinnertitoVIPDined on 8/4/2014We come to Florida once a year ..beach week for us.. Thasos has become a must stop for Greek food. From the grilled octopus to the whole fish..yum yum... Excellent... Great friendly service,great food.. Can't said enough..if you are visiting on the mood for Greek food..make it a stop.Special Features:
- All smoke and mirrorsSanjDined on 8/2/2014Upon entering very nice .. Food was cold, apps good entrees small not impressed over priced for what you get. So many better places in lauderdale skip this one
- Great food/Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Food is great. Wine was excellent. The service lacks experience and this was not the first time. Service needs polishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Thasos Greek Taverna reviews archive.
- Service is slow and apatheticBSK567Dined on 7/26/2014We have been there several times and it seems the service has gone down hill over the past couple years. They went from professional and attentive to high turnover and poorly trained, apathetic servers.
- DisappointingTommyDVIPDined on 7/17/2014The hostess was apathetic and looked like she wanted to be somewhere else. We had to assist the waitress to clear the table, and the menu is limited and overpriced.Special Features:
- Consistently ExceptionalJMETravelDined on 7/12/2014We have been to Thasos many times, most recently with a group of six. We shared small plates as a table, ordering more as we felt hungry. The food, decor, service and feeling all made for a fun, memorable evening.Special Features:
- Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/12/2014Once again, we had a great meal at Thasos! This time, we opted for small plates. We had the green chickpea spread, octopus, lamb sausage, keftedes and orzo with feta and spinach. All were winners! Shared a piece of galactaboureko (sp?) for dessert. Drinks were a watermelon, vodka and ouzo combo and were perfect! Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- good Mediterranean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014We have dined here several times. Each time the food is very good- the appetizers and small plates are typically more interesting and tastier than the entrees. The service, however, is typically inattentive. This has been our experience every time we have dined at Thasos. The dishes are fresh and interesting. The restaurant itself is very noisy- even in the much slower summer months it was almost impossible to hear anyone who was not seated directly across the table.
- fantasticKTofFLDined on 7/12/2014We LOVES our meal!! We tried almosy all of the apps and they were simply amazing. ...the drinks were great....the main courses delicious and the service was great. Very very expensive but enjoyable; will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.