828 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantthalia.com/
- Phone: 2123994444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday 5:00pm - 11:30pm Tuesday thru Saturday: 5:00pm - 12am; Sunday: 4:30pm - 11:30pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Late Night and Lounge: Monday thru Thursday: 2:30pm - 12:00am; Friday & Saturday: 2:30pm - 12:30am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Paul Nelson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Various business and private arrangements are possible through the Director of Private Dining.
- Private Party Facilities: Customized menus are available to suit the guest's needs.
- Private Party Contact: Helah kehati 2123994625
A word from Thalia
American cuisine with European accents, served in a spacious room with soaring ceilings, gorgeous theatrical vintage posters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thalia reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (64)good for groups (63)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (32)hot spot (30)special occasion (30)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (20)romantic (19)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great FoodzzsharonDined on 10/18/2014We enjoy Thalia a lot. Our food was very teasty, we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014Lots of love and attention from the staff to go along with excellent food in this lively theater district spotI would recommend this to a friend.
- PemaquidDined on 10/18/2014Great place for dinner before or after theater. It's our go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014This is our favorite dining spot in the theater districtSpecial Features:
- JaneVIPDined on 10/17/2014Great menu variety, very good service for a totally packed busy place.
- goldens2Dined on 10/15/2014I have eaten here numerous times. It has always been consistently good for food and service.Special Features:
- operaloverVIPDined on 10/12/2014Very disappointing brunch. Had to wait a while for waitress to take our drinks order. Complimentary muffins were dry. Appetizer arrived before they even brought our drink order. One appetizer order never arrived. One main course was not prepared as requested. Pancakes were dry. Coffee not refilled until we were for the most part done with our meal. Would never return.
- Just okayRhea58VIPDined on 10/11/2014Very pretty popular place with efficient waitstaff. Their brunch offerings are good altho the omelet was disappointing.Special Features:
- Theatre district RestauranthmortDined on 10/8/2014Thalia was convenient to our show & parking lot. We were seated immediately upon arrival (had a reservation) Tables were very tightly arranged. Prices are a little high for pasta/ seafood special. But it was delicious. We shared 2 apps, 3 salads(caesar,health & can't remember the other name) & 3 entrees amongst 6 ladies which was delicious & filling.Special sushi roll was fab. Service was good. Entrees came out nice & hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refried French friesDeliceDined on 10/8/2014I have been to Thalias many many times, but it will be awhile before I return. The service was slow and the food was awful. The French fries were refried many time and the hamburger was cold as if it sat for some time before they brought it out from the kitchen. Although they took it off the bill that was not the point. The manager was busy explaining that it was a Wednesday matinee day and that the restaurant was very busy. I we were very disappointed as this was a regular go to restaurant in the theater district.
- Brunch is awsome!SherylVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great location, beautiful space, very crowded, good crab cakes and gilled chicken sandwich -- bottomless mimosa option is fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Fit the bill for good food in pleasant atmosphere pre theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and quick, close to showsNettoVIPDined on 10/1/2014We made a reservation based on recommendation of friends. Very close to some theaters, good prices. Excellent choices for sushi and sashimi, very tasty burgers. Lunch before the matinee was easy to finish, due to very good service. Very pleasant experience inside, even though the weather outside was awful. A very attractive interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diva1Dined on 9/30/2014Always a satisfying eating experience. Excellent wait staff. food prep and presentation delicious and appealing to the eye. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theater district findLK123Dined on 9/28/20148th Avenue is not my preferred location but we needed a local place for brunch/lunch pre-theater on a Sunday. The service was very attentive and the food came out quickly. We loved the open, modern atmosphere which is good for groups, large or small. We had: oysters, omelets, salads and drinks. Everyone enjoyed their food and the generous sized portions. Great menu, excellent service and an attractive atmosphere comes with a price tag, and isn't that expected while in the theater district? Would definitely recommend and I will likely return!Special Features:
- Service needs a wake upOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/27/2014There were five of us dining at Thalia. Somehow, they managed to screw up at least one thing per person. Ordered items were forgotten, misunderstood. We had to ask for cutlery, condiments, and other items. If it weren't for the fact that I've dined at Thalia multiple times in the past and I know its generally better, I wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DependableChuckVIPDined on 9/27/2014One of our favorite mid-town west restaurants. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Enjoyable pre theater brunchMartydocVIPDined on 9/27/2014good service and food, great for pre theater and a nice brunchSpecial Features:
- Great pre-theater choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/24/2014Good food, fair prices and efficient service make this an excellent choice for a pre-theater meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yeah thaliaBunnyVIPDined on 9/24/2014Always have an excellent meal. We like it a lot. We were three and each one had something different. Everything was done to perfection.Special Features:
- freddiVIPDined on 9/18/2014good pretheater.excellent location.pretty interior.would go back. all in our party felt the same way.Special Features:
- Great for Pre TheaterMarlaDined on 9/16/2014We picked Thalia as we were going to Circle in the Square. It's right across the street. While the food was fair, the staff was lovely and I would go back when I'm going to theater in the vicinity.
- Excellent experienceTootsiesDadDined on 9/14/2014The food was delicious. I had the short ribs which were melt in your mouth tender. Also, the fior de latte was very generous and fresh , fresh , fresh. Blue point oysters at $1.00 each were exceptional. Very reasonable tab for two with drinks. I'll be back next time I'm in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch 9/14Grandma4Dined on 9/14/2014Have gone many times & enjoy it every time. Good food, good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. Great ServicejayeatziDined on 9/13/2014The hostess got my group seated immediately. The food and atmosphere was perfect for our post show revelry. Those that ordered sushi and the specials of the night were especially pleased. The cocktail creations were fantastic. I will of course recommend and return.Special Features:
- Consistently Nice SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014We have dined here for many years before the theater. The place is nice, the food is good, the service is good and they get you out in plenty of time for the theater. We always enjoy it. Very consistent and reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for dinnernycoccasionallyDined on 9/7/2014surprisingly affordable for a nice, quick dinner on a sunday night with the girlfriend. dollar oysters after 7pm were a big hit. had a delicious pasta dish. would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and not just before theaterwm68VIPDined on 9/7/2014I agree with all the reviewers who said they get you out in time for your performance without feeing that they are rushing you. It's an attractive, comfortable space. Somewhat unexpected was the food tasted great and the menu displayed some real creativity.Special Features:
- wonderfulwonderfulDined on 9/3/2014I was impressed with a happy hour prices as well as dinner. I am from Philadelphia was busy for the day. My New York City experience was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SundayDined on 9/2/2014Great food and many choices for all food types. Love the polenta, Thalia health salad, and veggie rolls. Very friendly staff.Special Features:
- great food is n the heart of NYCluv2dinealotDined on 8/31/2014Good food, good ambiance, good service, good price. Very happy customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre theaterGloriaDined on 8/31/2014We went there for a pre theater dinner. The food was good and the waitress made sure we were done in time for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GhostDined on 8/31/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and usually enjoy the ambiance as well as the food. We shared a rainbow roll which was delicious. My husband's pork chop was also delicious. When it was my turn to order I was told that the restaurant was out of the grilled Mayan prawns. This was on a Sunday at 5:00. I don't understand this as the restaurant opens for dinner at 4:30. I had the Tuna which was good but not as good as the prawns which I have had before. In conclusion, I was really looking forward to this dinner and was disappointed that I could not have the dinner that I wanted.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Service, AmbiianceDniceVIPDined on 8/30/2014It is a nice restaurant, decorated vibrantly, inviting and serves excellent food. The service was also very good.Special Features:
- AwfulBobSleddVIPDined on 8/30/2014Have dined all over the world,a VIP diner on Open Table & this is only the 2nd time that I have written a review.I have no choice. While ambiance and service always make a difference, at the end of the day, the quality of the food is outcome determinative.The meal that my family was served at Thalia was,categorically,the worst that I ever have encountered. Several (not one, but several) prominent menu items were not available(perhaps that was a blessing).What we ultimately were served ranged from wilted lettuce that should have been thrown out days earlier to a ravioli sauce that was right out of a tin can and food that simply was not edible. We left & went down the street to a sports bar where flatbread pizza from a pub put Thalia to shame
- Always a good pre-theater choiceMicahBVIPDined on 8/29/2014Whether for brunch, lunch or dinner, Thalia is a convenient, reasonable choice for dining before or after a Broadway show. I love it for brunch. Dinner was good too. While there was not a kids menu, they did a good job with accommodating young children. We had very good pasta dishes, the signature French fries, a sushi roll and soup among the selections.Special Features:
- excellent pre-theater restaurantRobertVIPDined on 8/28/2014excellent pre-theater dinner restaurant. the food was fresh, plentiful and reasonably priced!Special Features:
- like the foodhyraxVIPDined on 8/27/2014this is my second time coming to this place. The food is still good especially the half-price oyster!Special Features:
- great fresh menuLJLULUVIPDined on 8/25/2014though highly priced, the oyster special at a dollar a pop was the real steal. the sushi was uber fresh and the burger was succulent, moist and well cooked. we ate at the bar which was very comfy but there is a lounge area that looked terrific, as well as varied table configurations. i was very impressed. also, if you time it right you can get street parking free after 7 close by.Special Features:
- Great Food!SlimDined on 8/22/2014Have been coming to Thalia regularly over the years on our trips to New York City. We have never been disappointed. The mark of a good restaurant is consistency, and Thalia excels at that!