Thaiphoon - Palo Alto
543 Emerson Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thaiphoon - Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thaiphoonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6503237700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Wanna Vongampai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly, our staff will be happy to recommend dishes that will fit your needs. We cater weddings, lunches and dinners for corporate America and local businesses, birthdays. Minimum delivery for catering order is $150.00.
A word from Thaiphoon - Palo Alto
Over 100 delicious selections to choose from the menu. Some of Chef's best recommendations are Stir Fried Mango Chicken, Pad Thai Noodles, Yellow Curry Chicken and Roasted Duck Curry. There is a full bar, outdoor seating, elegant main dining room with beautiful decor and handcraft paintings made from Thailand. Voted the Best Thai Restaurant by the readers of the Palo Alto Weekly from 2006 to 2012. Hall of Fame winner 2 years in a row 2011-2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thaiphoon - Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/14/2014A few dishes are great...chicken satay, green curry chicken. Several dishes were extremely salty or heavy with garlic or thai basil. Pork arrived way overcooked
- Good but bland.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/29/2014Food is good but bland. Ask people how spicy they want their dish. Not everyone wants it mild! Be more adventurous with seasonings.Special Features:
- DisappointingRezziechickVIPDined on 3/18/2014The food was bland, boring, and tasteless. It was subpar Thai food and we both thought every dish was disappointing. The service was only okay. We won't be back. There are way too many good thai restaurants to frequent this one again.
- Good food, but......TerrieVIPDined on 3/6/2014We go to thaiphoon about every 6 weeks. The food and drinks are great. The service is generally poor. We waited 20 minutes for a menu on this visit. I waiver between "I'm never going back" and "it was worth the wait". One more person on their evening wait staff might make a world of difference.
- love it!malibuDined on 12/31/2013best pad see yew i have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot of it. a little chilly in there, otherwise great service and delicious foodSpecial Features:
- waitress did not want to takeCOWCVIPDined on 12/15/2013waitress did not want to take Open Table "check" for payment. Manager said ok but was embarrassing with our guests there, alsoI would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, poor serviceTerrieVIPDined on 7/21/2013On a not very busy night, we were seated quickly. We then waited at least 5 minutes for a menu. After ordering drinks, it took 15 minutes for them to come, and only then were we allowed to order dinner. Once our order was placed, it was another 40 minutes before we were served. That means it took one hour from the time we arrived until the time we were served. The food was great, but the entire experience was ruined by the dismal service. Won't go back. Carry out, maybe.
- Good food, poor serviceTerrieVIPDined on 7/3/2013Love the food, but don't enjoy having to wait 20 minutes for a menu and another 20 to have our order taken. Kind of puts a damper on the whole experience. The chef deserves better wait staff to complement his great cuisine.
- very enjoyable. right on timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/10/2013very enjoyable. right on time for our reservation even though the restaurant was busy.Special Features:
- This was the worst diningQkshVIPDined on 10/12/2012This was the worst dining I've had in a very long time. First, I made reservations for 7 people and they tried to seat us at a booth for 4. We had to wait an additional 25 minutes for them to seat us at an appropriate table. Our waitress was the worst. She did "drive bys" our table. She'd take one person's drink order and then run, literally, away without taking everyone else's. One person in our party was a vegetarian, so we ordered 2 vegetarian dishes. Twenty minutes after the other dishes arrived, his still hadn't. We inquired twice about those dishes and they never appeared. I had to get up from the table and insist that our waitress go into the kitchen and get our orders. The food was just mediocre.