Thai Time Restaurant & Bar
1240 El Camino Real
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Time Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thaitime.com/
- Phone: (650) 596-8400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:45PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Thai Time Restaurant & Bar
With more than 15 years of experience, we promise great Thai cuisine and welcoming service to our customers. Knowledgeable yet courteous staff can assist you in making choices, which includes a variety of vegetarian dishes. We offer 17 different Beers from around the world(3 on draft), a Wine List or choose and enjoy one of our imaginative cocktails from our cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Time Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelQuiet
kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great!ChoppedFoulVIPDined on 8/7/2014We come here often. Awesome service and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Thai Time Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- It is worth trying at least once.LeungVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food is good. Service is excellent. I like the tom yum soup. The vodka with orange and pineapple is good too.Special Features:
- One of our favorites in townKCIASVIPDined on 3/21/2014Everything is always great at Thai Time- the food, the service and their drinks. We always enjoy fining there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peninsula Best ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014This is my go to place for Thai. Come in and meet the staff once, next time they not only remember you, they have an uncanny way of remembering what you like too. Now that's service. The food is always great, fast service even when they seemed shorthanded everyone pitched in so no one had a long wait. A must have is the Tom Yom Goong Soup, its kinda a hot and sour with shrimp but the kiffar lime leaves and galangal bring a taste to it that is outta this world. Go in and enjoy.Special Features:
- LOVE this place! A favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2014LOVE this place! A favorite among many of my friends too!Special Features:
- Quite authentic Thai foodEvieDined on 1/7/2014I have been to Thailand many times and I love Thai food. Most Thai restaurants in the SF Bay Area tone down the intensity of spices in their dishes, but not Thai Time. There are 2 dishes I order to determine if a restaurant is authentic: Som Tum (green papaya salad) and Larb, and I tell the kitchen to make them "Thai spicy". Thai Time's papaya salad is very close to the ones I've had in Thailand, closer than any other restaurant I've tried in this area. Same with the Larb. The papaya salad needs to have a slightly fishy/shrimpy taste together with sourness from lime and saltiness from fish sauce. The Thai Time papaya salad fulfills these criteria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!DuffysmomDined on 10/26/2013The staff here is wonderfully welcoming and the food was incredible! We had not been here in quite a few years but had remembered that we had enjoyed the food. Everything and everyone was even better than we remembered.Tumi (sp?) was the best! My husband and I look forward to a return visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2013We celebrated my daughter's birthday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and the food.Special Features:
- Thai TimeyvonnecapVIPDined on 8/13/2013Thai Time is a great place to go for groups. I have gone here for both work lunches and happy hours with friends, and it's always a good place. The food is authentic Thai food and host very good options for affordable prices - especially the lunch specials. serive is fast, which is also a winner when dining during your lunch break. Located on El Camino in San Carlos, Thai Time is a good getaway from the usual downtown restaurants. Food recommendation: The green curry with a Thai iced tea.Special Features:
- Thai TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2013Great food, great service, what more could you want? If you really want spicy be specific as you will get a milder version if you do not. Also be aware if you ask for spicy it has a pretty good kick. You can add additional spice by asking for the hot pepper condiment plate to be brought to your table. The house made thai chile in the fish sauce is the bomb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tumi and Tom from the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2013Tumi and Tom from the kitchen always remember their clients and even what one had ordered in the past. VERY friendly staff, excellent food!Special Features:
- We're RegularsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2013My husband and I eat at Thai Time every weekend and have for about 10 years. We love the people (staff and patrons), the food and the cocktails. The food and cocktails and beer are especially good. It is a great neighborhood restaurant. Very fun and friendly.
- Great Thai restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2013Great Thai restaurant that we frequent as it is a very comfortable atmosphere with friendly service and the flavors are close to what we experienced in ThailandSpecial Features:
- Above average Thai food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/8/2013Above average Thai food. Friendly but slow service on a crowded night.Special Features:
- Good food, good value. ExtensiveterrikVIPDined on 1/17/2013Good food, good value. Extensive menu. Great service.Special Features:
- Throw back family run & familycpe123VIPDined on 1/3/2013Throw back family run & family feel restaurant. Full bar with good drinks - super friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- really enjoy the food, pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2012really enjoy the food, prices are very reasonable as well. overall, a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- The service was very friendlyDWoodVIPDined on 8/31/2012The service was very friendly and attentive but the food was just so-so. The spring rolls were very greasy, and the fried rice was mushy. I probably won't go back.
- Don't have highchairs. ToughDebbiemVIPDined on 7/13/2012Don't have highchairs. Tough to use a booster seat with a one year old. Need at least one please!Special Features:
- Very good, tasty food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2012Very good, tasty food and overall good quality. Excellent, corteous service. I recommend this as a place for family and/or friends special events.Special Features:
- Waited a bit, but worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/4/2012We had a reservation then waited at least 20 minutes to have our order taken, even for drinks, they seemed to busy for the crowd. However, they were very friendly and apologetic and the food came relatively quickly after that and was worthy he wait. We had the prawn rolls, brown rice with a green chicken curry and pad thai. It was all absolutely delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Made the reservations aboutMenloGalVIPDined on 2/25/2012Made the reservations about 3 hours prior to dining, looking for a place close to the movie theater. We both enjoy Thai food, so decided to give it a try. The food was good, service good, priced a bit high in my opinion.
- They do great fish and noodleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011They do great fish and noodle dishes. The cocktails are large, very well made, and they have an imaginative list. Their beer list features some hard to find and unusual choices.Special Features:
- One of the best Thai restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/16/2011One of the best Thai restaurants in the Bay Area. Service is very efficient and very friendly. They also have an excellent bartender with very, very generous pourings. No wonder why we keep going back!Special Features:
- Disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/14/2011Rude and very kid-unfriendly. Food was average and tasted blend. Service was generally acceptable by staff, but the manager was rude. Won't be returning.
- I took 9 people from workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2011I took 9 people from work to celebrate a new team member joining us. We arrived before noon and our reserved table was waiting for us. Very nice decor, with beautiful wood carvings at the door and interesting room dividers giving it the feel of separate areas rather than one big room. The service was quick and very friendly - also very helpful. They provided great guidance for the vegetarians and for those not sure about how spicy the dishes were. Everyone liked their meal; all were done with the appropriate amount of spice per request, and everyone enjoyed the flavors. We all enjoyed our lunch and had a great time at Thai Time. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- favorite thai restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/16/2011this is my favorite thai restaurant! the staff is friendly and the food is great!Special Features: