Thai Thani - Tampa
615 Channelside Drive
Tampa, FL 33602Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Thani - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thaithanitampa.net/
- Phone: 8132289200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 2:30pm - 10:00pm Weekend Friday-Saturday 11.30am-11.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout
- Private Party Contact: Mathew 813-228-9215
A word from Thai Thani - Tampa
Known for excellence in Authentic Thai cuisine, Thai Thani Restaurant is a must-not-miss for Thai food lovers. Charmed and beautiful by valuable artworks and furniture imported from Thailand, the distinctive, exquisite setting will make you feel like you are dining in a grand room of the Royal Palace in Bancock. On weekends the restaurant offers Thai classical dance as live entertainment. Thai Thani award winning as one of the best Thai Restaurants in the USA from the Thai government.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Thani - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
- The service was friendly,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2012The service was friendly, and the food arrived promptly. Our meal was tasty, but nothing too unusual.
- Great food, but the pricesmesserhawkDined on 3/16/2012Great food, but the prices are a bit higher than other Thai places in town...likely due to the proximity to the cruise port terminals. Great food and atmosphere though for a fun dinner.Special Features:
- Overall ok but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012Tucked away on Tampa's Riverwalk, this is a good (not great) restaurant adorned with numerous ?authentic Thai art pieces and fanci-ish artifacts. The service showed a good effort, if not a bit disorganized (refilling drinks with the wrong drink). Food lacked the freshness/zest of other places we know. Overall ok but not great.
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The service was great and the food was excellent. One of the best Thai restuarants I've been to. The prices are also reasonable both for the food and drink. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Service was so rush and hurry.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Service was so rush and hurry. We were expecting to be there relax for more than an hour but just in 60 minutes we were out. Never offerered another drink and the ticket came without asking and not dessert was offered. Also the food is pre-cooked. So after appetizers we order food, including duck and exactly in 7 minutes the food was on the table. Not great flavor and presentation.
- Went there for dinner beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2011Went there for dinner before going to the Tampa Forum for the Connecticut / FSU Basketball Game. The food was good and the menu extensive. Our service person could have been more attentive. We wanted to share our dinners an they just did not understand. We had to ask for extra plates and serving spoons. They brought us small bread plates and complete extra silverware and napkins.Special Features:
- Good food, good service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2011Good food, good service and nice venue at an affordable price.
- Giant prawns in chili wasGerrySVIPDined on 12/8/2011Giant prawns in chili was great as well as the pepper steak.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, however,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/4/2011The food was excellent, however, the service was very slow. Was slow to acknowledge us upon being seated and service through-out the meal was very slow. With improved service, it would be a great place to eat!
- YuckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2011Our reservation was early, for 5:30, we ordered right away and the food didn't come until 6:30. The waitress told us that the kitchen waits for a group of the same foods to be ordered and then they cook it together, crazy?! And the phad Thai tasted like dog food.
- Nice Dress Up Thai!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Everyone was very polite and quick to help. The good was amazing, in taste and amount on the plate. I took my boyfriend here for a birthday dinner. Located at Channelside, it's close enough to any "nightlife" you would like to enjoy. We ate here before the broadway show at the Straz Center started. Nice enough to dress up at, but didn't completely break the bank either. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- Tastebuds Shout With JoyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2011I have eaten at many Thai restaurants in the Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, and now Tampa, FL area. Thani Thai is the best Thai restaurant I've had the pleasure to experience. I've never been to Thailand so I can't say if it is "authentic" - I just know my tastebuds would shout with joy if they could shout. And I love their decor and their service. The Green Curry Chicken was excellent!Special Features:
- Food was yummy, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Food was yummy, but service was slow. When our table of 5 waited 20/25 min for food only half of us got served so we had to wait to eat it until the rest of the order came out after another 15/20 min... the crazy roll was delicious and thanks for having brown rice!Special Features:
- Best Thai FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2011Thai Thani has some of the best Thai food in Tampa. We love it!Special Features:
- I love Thai food and ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/17/2011I love Thai food and Thai Thani didn't disappoint. The big group tables make me want to go back for my birthday or some other special group occasion. The food wasn't the best Thai I've tried but it was decent. If you go, make sure and try the Thai tea, it is delicious!Special Features:
- Service was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2011Service was great, food was very good, price was right.Special Features:
- Just what you might expectOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2011Just what you might expect from an Thai restaurant, but some of their dishes were just so great, like the mango salad.Special Features:
- It was not what I exspectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2011It was not what I exspected for my 1st year anniversary,I didn't see any of the romantic scenary I saw on the internet,got a booth instead of a nice table.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/26/2011The food was very good. The downside of the evening was the waiter. He brought our cocktails with a flourish and said "Ta Da!". That was cute the first time. When he did it for apps and dinner, it was annoying. We finished our drinks with the apps and he never asked if we wanted anything else to drink. I sat through a relatively hot Thai dish with an empty water glass. He dropped off the main course and was gone before you could say anything. He never asked how was dinner or if there was anything else we wanted. The only thing he was prompt about was when we wanted to pay the bill (after we waited to get his attention). He was back with the credit card slip as fast as possible to get us out.Special Features:
- Great Pad Thai and springLuvit2Dined on 6/4/2011Great Pad Thai and spring rolls and the Thai Dounuts were awesomeSpecial Features:
- The food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011The food was outstanding and generous. the staff was attentitive with out being over-bearing. It is and upscale but casual enviornment...great date spot! There are two private rooms with low tables and cushioned seating (reservations required?) It is located in an outdoor shopping and dining area so parking was not free (as far as we could see) so there is plenty to do ...a movie or a bar after or before and excellent meal!Special Features:
- The PF Changs of ThaiDaveHVIPDined on 4/30/2011Food and service were excellent. Consider this the PF Changs of Thai food. They have a Thai section to their restaurant as well as a sushi area.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011The food was excellent, very worth the drive from Pinellas county. The staff was wonderful and the interior was beautiful, very traditional Thai decorations. The service was excellent and we were not rushed at all.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2011Best meal I've had in Channelside, by far. Nice people, tasty food, served with a smile.Special Features:
- Great service. We loved outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2011Great service. We loved out waitress who kindly refreshed my memory on some common Thai words. The food was authentic as you could get without actually going to Thailand with options for guests to make dishes as mild or ultra spicy as they liked. Loved the Todd Mann, Three Taste Fish, and Paanang Curry Shrimp. All in all a nice dinner near the water.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food very much,AgnesDined on 4/16/2011Enjoyed the food very much, but not the service. Our waiter was only hospitable when he was asking us for drink or dessert orders.
- Pretty good Thai food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2011Pretty good Thai food. The decor is a little cheesy, but I enjoy their food. I go to Thai Thani regularly.
- Fun place to visit and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/12/2011Summary: good appetizers, chicken and vegetable dishes are your best option. Very good service and good ambience. THE GOOD: Great appetizers, good taste and great presentation. Also a good wine list. GREAT service! Chicken and vegetable dishes seems to be what they do best. THE BAD: I wanted fish but the menu only had four options, all showed "price according to market". I got prawns dipped in batter and fried with a sauce, they were fresh and the sauce was delicious, but the batter was a bit thick. TIP: They have semi-private rooms for groups which seems fun and a good idea; rooms are decorated in traditional style, guests sit on the floor, take off your shoes, provides a more intimate setting.Special Features:
- Great authentic feel. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2011Great authentic feel. There are secluded booths with sunken tables and pillows for seats where you need to take your shoes off first. If you don't want to do that there are regular tables with normal chairs. I've been here about 4 different times and it's always the same with service...slow on the drinks fast with the food, last time we recieved our appetizers first another 5 minutes later our drinks (ordered at the same time).Special Features:
- Good - But Not GreatRickVIPDined on 1/23/2011This is a decent Thai restaurant but nothing distinguishes it. It's very nicely decorated and is attached to a sushi place and, is normal with a Thai restaurant , has lots of menu choices. I had a ginger infused fish (I think it was a snapper) which was O.K. And my wife had a green curry but if you are looking for a great Thai place, you might need to look further. The wait staff was attentive but it was a Sunday evening and very quiet so I'm not sure if that is normal. Good, but not great.
- Great Thai Restaurant in theArtanisDined on 1/21/2011Great Thai Restaurant in the Channelside area of Tampa, 2 blocks from the Forum make this an ideal spot to eat before an event. They are very aware of making sure you are served and out in time for whatever event you're attending. The Pad Thai was excellent, both with chicken and with shrimp. The duck was excellent as well. Very attentive and helpful server. Will definitely return when in the area.Special Features:
- good food, large menu, fastOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/14/2011good food, large menu, fast & courteous service. we'll definitely eat there again!Special Features:
- The restaurant has wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010The restaurant has wonderful ambiance. We went on New Years Eve (we are regulars here) and even thou they were very crowded the service was good in comparison to what they had to deal with. I would rather rate the restaurant how it normally is which is outstanding. I highly recommend it to anyone because even if you think you don't like Thai food, there menu is fabulous for all kinds of appetites. Great for couples, not recommended for children. Prices are excellent for all of the food you get too! They have a full bar and don't forget to save room for dessert!Special Features:
- I enjoyed the atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010I enjoyed the atmosphere and food and will be returningSpecial Features:
- I don't really ask for much,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010I don't really ask for much, but tempid food is not acceptable. We ordered two appetizers and two entrees. They brought us everything at the same time. The waiter was not helpful at all when asked about food selections.
- We went her for a culturalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2010We went her for a cultural experience for my daughter's school project, but were pleasantly surprised by this lovely restaurant. The decor is rich with culture, down to the uniforms worn by the wait staff. The servers were very attentive, the food was delicious, and there was not an unreasonable wait time for each of our courses. They have "private room" seating, too - where you take off your shoes and sit on the floor! What fun... we'll try that next time. Also, it's within walking distance of the St. Pete Times Forum, so a great stop before or after an event while you wait for the traffic to die down.Special Features:
- Best Thai food in Tampa handsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2010Best Thai food in Tampa hands down... I've been to Thailand a few times and is as close as you can get to the real thing..!! you will never go wrong if you are a group, or on a romantic date or just for the fun of Thai..Special Features:
- Good food. Great prices. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2010Good food. Great prices. Good locataion. Though, it's a pretty casual place. I definitely wouldn't go there for a super special occasion as it seemed too "generic" for my taste.
- We are regulars at Thai Thani.JennDined on 5/23/2010We are regulars at Thai Thani. I know its a chain of sorts but not the usual Thai and great sushi too.Special Features:
- We made our reservations onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2010We made our reservations on line and what a treat - there was a huge line up to get in and we just walked right in and our table was waiting for us. The food was excellent - well priced - great selection and the staff very friendly. This is our second trip to this restaurant and it wont be our last!Special Features: