Thai Place - Westport
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
39th St / Westport / Midtown
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Place - Westport
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://kcthaiplace.com/
- Phone: 8167538424
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Thai Place host your next party or special event. Thai Place offers full service catering from office lunch buffets, to full service wedding parties. We are able to decorate your next party with Authentic Thai Buffets with hand Carved fruit and vegetable carvings, as well as ice sculptures. Check our website for details
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining from 6 to 60 people.
- Private Party Contact: Craig 8167538424
A word from Thai Place - Westport
Thai Place is the place to go for Authentic Thai food. Located in historic Westport in the heart of Kansas City. Thai place has been family owned and operated since 1991. Stop by and dine in our scenic outdoor patio and try our award winning Phad Thai, soups, curries, salads, traditional Thai stir fry, and much more. Enjoy our extensive wine list and draft beer selection at our bar. Happy hour is daily from 3 to 6pm. We offer a special Native and New Small Plate menu every monday night beginning at 5pm ranging from $3 to $9. A great opportunity to sample different tastes in traditional authentic Thai cooking as well as trendy new Asian fusion items. Tuesdays are Phad Thai Tuesdays when we offer 2 for 1 Phad Thai. For the spicy food lover we have a Thai Hot Challenge every Thursday night which gives you the opportunity to eat free as well as a prize if completed. Check our website for details. We offer private dining from 6 to 60 people, private parties, banquets, catering and togo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Place - Westport reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great service, very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013Great service, very accommodating for food allegies!Special Features:
- our server was awesome- veryShannonDined on 1/18/2013our server was awesome- very hospitable and friendly, and made great suggestions. Everyone loved their choices, and we had a great time.Special Features:
- The entree was good. The saladLeahVIPDined on 1/8/2013The entree was good. The salad was tired and dull. We waited for more than 10 min after being seated for a waiter.
- My husband and I thought thisSushifanVIPDined on 12/28/2012My husband and I thought this was the best Thai food we've ever had. The server gave us wonderful recommendations. We will definitely become regulars!Special Features:
- What more could you ask?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012Eating here was an exceptional experience! All other Thai food I've had prior to this pales in comparison. The atmosphere was just right, the prices were very reasonable, and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- Great experience all way round.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/1/2012Great experience all way round. Thai hot wasn't that hot.Special Features:
- Since we love Thai food, thislttutorVIPDined on 11/16/2012Since we love Thai food, this is our favorite place to go. We always ask for Bun, but all of the waiters are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The menu is extensive, and they will accommodate your wishes in any way they can. They will take back a dish if it is too hot or not to your liking. We highly recommend The Thai Place and they are even on Open Table!Special Features:
- Great Thai food. I had theHojawettVIPDined on 11/13/2012Great Thai food. I had the red curry and my wife had Pad Thai. Both outstanding. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great Thai food and a terrificFoodieVIPDined on 10/20/2012Great Thai food and a terrific server. The thai beef salad was outstanding. I took guests from Denver and they loved it.Special Features:
- The service was amazing andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012The service was amazing and the food was wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The food was really good, although - we asked for the Medium version of the dish we chose - and it was MUCH HOTTER than anticipated. We were not sure if they made a mistake in the kitchen or when she took our order. I love hot/spicy food, but this was over the top hot for what was supposed to be medium. Service was not bad. One problem - they came by every 5 minutes to top off our water glasses from the time we got there until our food arrived. (We are talking not even half empty) – And then they did not come back by our table for 20 minutes after delivering our food (when we were almost finished eating) to then refill our VERY EMPTY glasses. Not sure what happened there, but they were obviously not paying attention.Special Features:
- I'm a big fan of Thai Place'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2012I'm a big fan of Thai Place's food. Really love the King and Ann. Wine is affordable and they offer a nice selection. I was seated immediately in a great spot to watch the door waiting for my friends. Waiter was attentive and anticipated needs. Ambiance is comfortable and hard to leave! My only negative is the lack of parking in this Westport area, but Thai Place is worth it!
- Fabulous Thai Food! TimidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Fabulous Thai Food! Timid palates beware: even the mild is quite warm. I'd normally order medium, but ordered mild on a tip from a friend--good call; it was perfect. A good tip for a group that wants to share dishes: order your dishes mild, then ask for the condiment tray (4 different hot condiments for even the most adventuresome at the table.)Special Features:
- The green curry with shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012The green curry with shrimp was delicious. I ordered it hot... medium might have been a better option, but I don't mind a lot of spice.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/11/2012I went to dinner on a tuesday night and got the 2 for 1 Pad Thai Special. It was great and the portion size was huge. I am still eating left overs and they are just as good as they were Tuesday night. We also got the Egg rolls, which were very tasty but a bit greasy and oily. Was very happy to finally try this place.Special Features:
- The service was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/4/2012The service was terrible. We went on a Tuesday and they had a special. It was disorganized and slow service.Special Features:
- First of all I have to sayScrimpetsVIPDined on 9/1/2012First of all I have to say I really appreciated the chilled wine glasses and was impressed with the wine selection - surprised they offered a really good Oregon Pinot Gris at a very reasonable price! Food was very good, service was excellent. We ate kind of early (5:30) so there were plenty of people bringing in their children (not a huge fan) which is the only reason I didn't check "romantic." But the quality of the food is very good, the ambience is probably the best of all the area Thai Place restaurants, and I really liked the bar scene where we stayed after dinner. It's just some of the dishes are a little pricey. But hey it's Westport.Special Features:
- Although the food was alright,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Although the food was alright, I cannot get over how rude our service was. Our waiter RUSHED us to order, then mysteriously disappeared only to reappear 30 minutes later with the check, not withstanding that we had full drinks and the waiter never asked if we needed anything else, drinks, dessert, coffee, anything. This made us feel unwelcome in the restaurant and are not inclined to ever return.Special Features:
- Server was very attentive.Jen2Dined on 8/17/2012Server was very attentive. Pad Thai was outstanding and so were the spring rolls. Hint, if you do not like hot, stick with mild. Medium was perfect for a someone that likes a little kick.Special Features:
- Ok, will maybe go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012We went to Thai Place for a late dinner date on a Wednesday night. We got there about 9:30. We were seated promptly. The service was very nice. He did take awhile to get our order but everything came out quickly once ordered. The Spicy Basil was good but the chicken was a little dry. My friend ordered Phad Thai (medium heat). He thought his food was too spicy for only being the next up from mild which was supposedly not spicy at all. I tasted his and I thought the heat was okay but the taste was a bit off. There was no hint of sweetness that usually comes in Phad Thai. It also had a weird flavor. I would have sent it back but he said it was good enough. We also had spring rolls were mediocre but the sauce tasty. Maybe it was the late night?Special Features:
- Not up to it's usual standardKCFoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2012Perfect night to eat outdoors. Shrimp Pad Thai was 4 stars, dumpling appetizer was not hot dropping it to 2 stars.
- Season yourself and be happy!LaurenjoDined on 7/21/2012This was our 2nd time here. My husband, who is unsure of Thai food went reluctantly; but since we had a good experience previously, agreed to go. I made an early reservation through Open Table, which the hostess seemed to disregard. My husband had Pad Thai and I had Sen Mee Phad Sea Eaw. Both were good. We were unsure of what hotness to order (We were thinking mild) and got no hotness. We observed an adjoining table ask to bring the condiments to season it themselves, so that is what we will do in the future. Waiter was pleasant, service attentive.Special Features:
- I ordered a roast duck dish.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012I ordered a roast duck dish. There were lots of pieces of rubbery fatty duck skin and very little meat. The vegetables were dull in color and over-cooked. The beautiful flowery essence of good Thai cooking was missing. It was flat in taste and appearance. I love well-done Thai food . . . my favorite. Avoid Thai Place if you know and like Thai food.
- Wonderfully Deliciously SpicyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2012We enjoyed a very pleasurable experience at our most recent visit. The service was excellent and the food was equally as good. I love spicy food and requested to have the cook make my meal extra spicy. They did not go lightly on the Thai chili as I could see crushed Thai chili covering my chicken and could even smell the heat when our server placed the meal in front of me. If you like it HOT, they can certainly make it HOT for you! They also have one of the best bartenders in the city who makes a deliciously mean Mojito! All our food was very flavorful and had plenty of heat to keep our mouths on fire. The great thing is that if you don't like it hot, they can certainly accommodate you, as well.Special Features:
- Had a great time with my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012Had a great time with my wife for our 5th anniversary. We had an excellent waiter who was very friendly and offered several off menu items. The foods was nice with some good spice, but perhaps lacking a certain bit of Thai flavor I enjoy. Overall enjoyed our timeSpecial Features:
- Thai me upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Great Thai food. Hot the way I like it or not it's up to you. One of KC best.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, nice menu,NataliaDined on 4/26/2012Nice atmosphere, nice menu, respectable servers, I would come back.Special Features:
- This was my first time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2012This was my first time visit to Thai Place. My 20 y/o son & I chose the Tuesday 2-for-1 Phad Thai special as relatives had recommended it as being very tasty...and it was. The menu has many delicious sounding selections and we will definitely return. Nice evening indoor atmosphere, plus several different diners were seated in the front outdoor patio.Special Features:
- my first time there. mostOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/16/2012my first time there. most enjoyable. group of five. tried lots of different yummy dishes.
- I have eaten twice at thiscommentsVIPDined on 4/14/2012I have eaten twice at this restaurant and each time have enjoyed the food/meals. Had seafood dish and chicken appetizers. First time there we ate outdoors and second time indoors. Prefer outdoors. Sometimes the indoor music can have heavy base or may not be your preference. Nice place for a date. Sometimes parking can be a little hard to find.
- A totally forgettable mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/14/2012Totally boring food lacking in flavor and freshness. Also, both of us has noodle dishes and thought there was some sort of slimy film to the taste. Also, I've never seen smaller crab rangoon in my life. Basically we paid for fried wontons. Hot Basil has them beat across the board, hands down. Definitely worth the drive.
- Incredible Food Makes You ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/13/2012The food is always good, but was absolutely incredible this visit. Each dish is specially hand crafted to your desired heat and even at Thai Hot is full of flavor. For great Thai food or any Asian food, I always recommend that my friends eat here. This is one Kansas City restaurant that has been on my frequent dining list for years and is there to stay!Special Features:
- Lovely menu, great food, spectaculaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/11/2012Lovely menu, great food, spectacular service! We enjoyed our weeknight visit to Westport!Special Features:
- Excellent Service with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2012I went there with 2 other friends to catch up on life. The server was great and had personality which is always a plus for me. The food was great and we even ordered seconds to share. Some things are spicy even when asked for mild because of the spices but I never mind a little heat if it gives flavor, which it did in the Squid Phad Phet.Special Features:
- Excellent food - I had theCholland7811VIPDined on 4/11/2012Excellent food - I had the Panang Curry w/Chicken and it was EXCELLENT!! Husband had the garlic pepper chicken stir fry and it was excellent as well! Cozy little place! :)Special Features:
- Thai Place is an excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2012Thai Place is an excellent restaurant. The food was fabulous and I would certainly go again.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful doubleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2012We had a wonderful double date. Our server was very funny. Would recommend Thai Place for the food and fun environment.
- The Thai Place seemed veryDerricomonicoDined on 4/6/2012The Thai Place seemed very authentic with a very cool atmosphere. The server was fantastic and the food was great. I would easily go back and recommend this to anyone who enjoys Thai or Asian foods.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOlatheSteveDined on 3/31/2012Thai Place was excellent! Being a first time visitor, our waiter Darrell did an excellent job catering to our needs. We will definately be back!Special Features:
- Better for lunch when pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2012Better for lunch when prices are cheaper. Very loud for dinner. Food quality is inconsistent, but always at least ok.Special Features: