Thai Life Floating Restaurant
1801 N Roosevelt Blvd
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Life Floating Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thailifekeywest.com/
- Phone: (305) 296-9907
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai
- Executive Chef: Dow Lowe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Thai Life Floating Restaurant
A traditional floating Thai restaurant serving authentic Thai cuisine.Continued
Master Thai Chef Dow cooks everything to order-Great for vegetarians and allergies no problem
Master Thai Chef Dow cooks everything to order-Great for vegetarians and allergies no problem
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Life Floating Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Delicious and funJMBPADined on 11/13/2014We had the Green Curry chicken and the Pad Thai and the spring rolls. All were delicious. it was fun eating on a floating restaurant with beautiful views of the water and harbour. Attentive service. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itLouLouDined on 10/25/2014Great service, very friendly, and accomdating. Food was excellent. We loved the overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JorgeDDined on 10/16/2014Great gem.. Excellent Thai food on a floating restaurant. Servers are outstanding, better service that many 5 stars restaurantsSpecial Features:
- The following 73 reviews are from the Thai Life Floating Restaurant reviews archive.
- Real Thai foodLIEUVIPDined on 7/25/2014Superb food with a broad menu so authentic that it has misspellings. Very friendly service (see Car). Open air dining on a boat at the dock. It can get very warm, if you are in direct sunlight, but bamboo awnings can easily be dropped to provide screenings. Reasonable prices and ample parking. If you like and appreciate genuine Thai cuisine, this is the place. Go!Special Features:
- Great Thai FoodKerryDined on 6/25/2014We love good Thai food, and this restaurant doesn't disappoint. Chicken Satay was accompanied by excellent peanut sauce. My wife's Mahi Mahi was very moist with a spicy garlic sauce, and she loved it. My Red Curry with Duck was wonderful, even though I selected "American Hot," and would have liked it a little spicier. They have an excellent wine list, and excellent service. The floating restaurant rocks slightly as people get on and off, a nice little addition. My only complaint was that the sun was right in my eyes for about the first half of the meal (around 7:00 PM), but it is an outdoor restaurant. I would recommend this to any one wanting an unusual and very good tasting meal.Special Features:
- Outstanding FindFoodieDined on 6/4/2014Outstanding menu, flavors, ambience and authentic. Would highly recommend. The staff went out of the way to be helpful and considerate of our pallets sensitively to the foods spicyness.Special Features:
- great servicejazzqueenDined on 5/29/2014food was average but the service was outstanding mall especially adorable and so very very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely meal at Thai Life Floating restaurant; had the Thai style iced tea - really different and refreshing, followed by vegetarian spring rolls, and we tried the Tom Yum soup and the pad Thai, which were all flavourful and delicious! It was a nice experience, dining among all the boats in the marina as the sun was setting. Really enjoyable!Special Features:
- DissapointmentRandeVIPDined on 4/20/2014Read some good reviews and looked forward to dining. We love Thai food, so that wasn't the problem. It was lack of flavors! Tom kha soup--bland! Green curry pork came mistakenly with chicken. I reordered the pork, but with extra green curry to "season it up" a notch. Still bland. We didn't order anything else as we could see how the chef/owner was preparing her dishes. Warning---if you really like Thai, seek elsewhere!
- Just okayFreshConchDined on 4/10/2014We eat lots of Thai food and this was only okay. Portion size large but too large. A greater focus on quality rather than quantity would serve them well.
- Food was OK not great EntreeSreveVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was OK not great Entree especially fish was over cooked Rice was nothing special veggies were overlooked Wine selections were not very goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique charmerDisappointedDined on 3/28/2014If you enjoy Thai food, a unique floating restaurant experience and find yourself in Key West, you should try this place. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic ThaiLoloDined on 3/21/2014I had not had decent Thai food for some years so this restaurant was a real treat! It is sited on a barge which makes it a little different to start with. Then the welcome was lovely and the helpfulness and knowlege of the menu by the wait staff ( Car in particular) was outstanding. The meal was a gastronomic pleasure! I just love the flavors of good Thai food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and authenticchungclanVIPDined on 3/16/2014Incredible home-style thai food in a surprising setting, on a floating barge just off North Roosevelt. Only in Key West! Whole fish was delicious, green papaya salad with shrimp was also a standout. Don't miss this hidden jewel!Special Features:
- It's definitely Thai!!dbowDined on 3/14/2014Second visit and my husband was just as enthused about the food as the first. This is very unique in Key West as the restaurant is a floating barge. If you order make sure your palate can handle very hot Thai food. A medium degree may be more than an average palate can take. I ordered a steamed fish dish at medium heat and it was so hot for me that I really couldn't even taste the fish. My husband's dish of Tum Yum Soup was also medium, but he loved it. Everything is prepared very well and it is really a fun little place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Key West DiningadventureTimeDined on 3/5/2014My girlfriend and I went to Thai Life on our final night in Key West at the recommendation of a friend's doctor. We were very pleasantly surprised. It is a small restaurant (which is more aptly thought of as a boat restaurant in my opinion), but a big experience. The waitress was very helpful, even in light of a small language barrier (which I feel added to the experience), and offered good entree suggestions as well as made sure our glasses were never empty. The food was delicious as well, and very authentic. Most importantly however was the ambience. The boat setting was fantastic, it proved to be very good weather with a nice breeze and good crisp lighting on the outside. You could tell you were on a boat but not in a bad way at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai to remember!LiveandletThaiDined on 2/23/2014This restaurant was a great find - it really has it all: authentic dishes, attentive service, great ambience and good value. We've lived around the world including many years in the Far East and many visits to Thailand. This reminded us a lot of one meal we had, also on a boat, in Bangkok. Transplanted to Key West - how fantastic is that?!! PS the previous night we had eaten at Tom & Toon's 241 W51st in New York - a very different but equally good experience (but Thai Life wins in the chicken sate stakes!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to come back here!LivetoeatDined on 2/21/2014Had checked it out online and the great reviews are to be trusted. Very freshly prepared, well seasoned, balanced flavors. Food arrived promptly, and server was genuinely happy to serve us. Everyone has their own definition of "hot". We found 'medium' to be rather mild. Suggest you order one dish medium - especially green papaya salad- and you can judge how to order further. Only in Key West till Fri and have to go back at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014I'm a Key Wester, and Thai Life is getting to be my favorite restaurant in Key West. It is SO THAI and SO KEY WEST, with its great waterfront location, fabulous food, and funky, atmospheric space. You feel a million miles away when you eat here. It's great. Across from us tonight four fishermen in baseball hats were eating what they'd just caught, cooked by the Thai chef. Is that not cool?Special Features:
- Delicious food for the most partAndrewVIPDined on 1/26/2014This is not the typical restaurant. You are literally on a boat that does gently rock. Food was very good but beware the portion sizes are small and a bit pricey for what it is. I do recommend the choo chi and was surprised by the dish. The garlic pepper was a bit of a disappointment both from the taste and presentation. Stick with the curries and soups. I was disappointed with the hot tea. I always expect Asian restaurants to have good tea brewed from tea leaves not tea bags. The service is better than average for a Thai restaurant. Also, you are sitting outside and the pollution from the boats can be a minor annoyance. Overall an interesting choice and a nice alternative to Duval. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of Thailand in Key WestDisappointedDined on 1/19/2014Any place that asks do you want your food mild, medium American Hot or Thai Hot has to be tried! The food is amazing, the service is great and the floating boat is like being in Southeast Asia... Good prices, great ambiance, and the food amazing!!!Special Features:
- Last night in Key WestRcw818Dined on 1/10/2014We had done Duval many times over, was a wonderful quiet last night in town. Boys loved it too.Special Features:
- Great Find!PhilDined on 12/29/2013Probably the best Thai food that we have ever had. Really a great place. Food coming out of the kitchen was a little slow, but I believe that is because they make each dish to order. Really a great find!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulNotalocalDined on 12/22/2013I really wished that I had more room for this food. I had the green papaya salad and a pork shoulder special for dinner - when I was done, it looked like I barely made a dent. I want to be clear that this was not cookie-cutter Thai like you can get at any place on the planet - it was clearly lovingly made and delicious. The setting was really nice - covered but open-air, right on the water. I never felt rushed - overall, a happy experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Thai foodPrashantDined on 12/19/2013Staff is very friendly and courteous - to start, we ordered veg spring rolls and red curry with vegetables and tofu - red curry was amazing - we were still hungry and felt like trying noodle dish and so tried the noodles with basil (tofu and veg) - this dish turned out a little bland and we had to flavor with crushed peanuts. The setting is unique - restaurant is on a boat - and there is a view of the water and other boats in marina. We were very pleased to know that dishes were made from scratch and could be made truly vegetarian without fish sauce and shrimp paste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef cooked our freshbandpsadventuresVIPDined on 11/20/2013The chef cooked our fresh catch mahi mahi and tuna four different ways. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Made from scratch!vannavadaDined on 11/13/2013This is one of the very few places I've tried the past 10 years that does not use pre-made sauces in the curries. Great for even vegetarians, since they make the curries from scratch they can exclude the fish sauce! The floating boat was so clean, no webs, no sea side salt deposits,you know what I mean for a boat always in the sea water, it was cleaner than most of the regular restaurants. Small place but unique ambience.Special Features:
- Best Thai food !!!!!FiregrrlmelDined on 9/2/2013The Tom Ka soup was the best I have ever had and the Pad Thai was absolutely delicious! Service was wonderful too....Mo was a sweetheart and took very good care of us. Interesting spot too, the restaurant is literally floating like a houseboat, quiet ambiance and peaceful. Food was made to order and fresh. We will most definitely return on our next trip for more authentic and delicious Thai food here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Restaraunt!TheGambitDined on 8/16/2013We were a bit unsure at first since it was a floating restaraunt but it wasn't even noticeable. The food was delicious and the staff was super friendly. One of the best hidden jems in town!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. Nice casualLoveBichonsDined on 6/30/2013Food was excellent. Nice casual place with very friendly staff. We would definately visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great views at sunset.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2013The food was excellent. Had the masaman curry with chicken and the pad Thai. Sunset was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2013Was wonderfully surprised to find this place with great Thai food, authentic and very tasty. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findJerseyDinerDined on 6/22/2013Don't let the construction on the road or the lack of other nearby restaurants keep you from coming here. We had a 6:30 reservation and a perfect seat for the sunset over the boats docked for the night. Great meal, too. Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysLocalKWDined on 5/9/2013This is a regular treat for locals. This time we had the fresh rolls ( really fresh with a shrimp surprise at the bottom) and the whole fried fish with mango sauce (crispy on the outside and tender and flavorful on the inside).Special Features:
- We just recently returnedDebTVIPDined on 4/27/2013We just recently returned form Thailand. Thai Life is very authentic.Special Features:
- This restaurant provides reasonablyPabloDined on 4/11/2013This restaurant provides reasonably decent Thai food at a reasonable price. You get what you pay for and that's an accomplishment in today's restaurants.
- Thai Life has a lovely locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013Thai Life has a lovely location in the harbor in Key West. Excellent Thai food, particularly any fish dish, which is cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- The appitizers were reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013The appitizers were really good. Then the dinners were mediocre. Too much sauce, too much starch, not enough meat or vegetables. Price probably reasonable for Key West, but didn't seem like a bargain for what we got.Special Features:
- Float, Eat, Enjoy!LynnboatsDined on 3/31/2013Eating at Thai Life Floating restaurant was great. It is delightful to have dinner on a boat, the decor was nice and of course the view of the boats and pelicans in the marina was one of the reasons we went. We shared a bottle of reisling wine which was only $23, a real bargain. Our food was delicious, vegetables were fresh and done just right, the shrimp were huge, plumbpand savory. We even had dessert, something you don't think of eating at an Asian restaurant, but their Mango Sticky Rice is worth the price of the trip to Key West, a must try! The only downside was the construction at the nearby intersection. We missed it at first, but Google maps finally got us into the big marina parking lot where they are docked.Special Features:
- Hard to find good Asian foodFoodblokeVIPDined on 3/29/2013Hard to find good Asian food in KW. This Thai outshines all the others as far as menu and preparations go. Curiously no duck dishes at all. Otherwise, there is a freshness and authenticity to the food here. Pots of fresh herbs on the dock by the entrance are obviously used, and its a real Mom n Pop, it would seem, British husband and his Thai wife.. A nicely decorated floating restaurant.Special Features: