711 Eisenhower Dr. (Garrison Bight Marina)
Key West, FL 33040Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thaiislandrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3052969198
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Executive Chef: Phenphak Futterman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available for local parties and weddings with several days advance notice. Please contact the restaurant for additional details at 305-296-9198 or 305 296-9189
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining can be reserved in our newly renovated downstairs dining room, also known as the "Barrelhead Bar". Please contact the restaurant for additional details at 305-296-9198 or 305-296-9189
- Private Party Contact: Phenphak 3057313984
- Entertainment: Coming Soon!
- Cross Street: Palm Ave
- Public Transit: Key West bus pickup and drop off location is just a few blocks from the restaurant and is at the intersection of Eisenhower Dr. and Truman (US 1). Please walk north down Eisenhower and make a right another immediate right into the Garrison Bight parking lot just before the bridge. The three story house with patio is Thai Island Restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample free parking is always available adjacent to the Thai Island Restaurant in the Garrison Bight Marina parking lot.
A word from Thai Island
Thai Island is a large waterfront Thai and Sushi patio restaurant that opened Valentine's Day 2008. Thai Island's menu contains one of the largest selection of fine fresh ingredients: including locally harvested thai herbs and spices combined with local noodles, meats and seafood used in preparation of traditional thai dishes. In addition to onsite dining, Thai Island also delivers to all locations within Key West as well as on Stock Island.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Island reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not much to praise. Very basicOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/24/2013Not much to praise. Very basic food, decent sushi, but uninspired Thai dishes. Great waiter helped make the evening bearable.
- Had a great experience! TookDinermeisterVIPDined on 1/10/2013Had a great experience! Took some of our fresh-caught fish, and left ourselves in the good hands of the chef. She did not disappoint! A variety of preparations of our our myriad fish were brought to our table family-style, with plenty of rice and outstanding vegetables and sauces, including a spiced-to-order red chili sauce and a yummy coconut curry sauce that cemented our desire to return soon for MORE! Our waiter was lightning-quick, personable, and quite an athlete considering he had to go up and down the stairs for our beer/wine orders!Special Features:
- Decent Thai food. Nice viewMookieNYCVIPDined on 12/30/2012Decent Thai food. Nice view of the water from the porch. Nothing really special or out of the ordinary but food is fresh. Prices on the high side but it's a tourist town so to be expected.
- The service was impeccable,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012The service was impeccable, Jeremy or Jerry was our waiter and he was awesome. The appetizers, we had chicken dumplings (dipping sauce was too sweet) and the edamame were good. The red curry dish was excellent, they have an option for brown rice. May even go back again this week.Special Features:
- very noisy and costly food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012very noisy and costly food. I don't recommend for couples for dinner.Special Features:
- Worth a visitCMuciusVIPDined on 12/25/2012Good American Thai food, friendly service, quick kitchen, key west prices.Special Features:
- Fantasic setting at dusk!WindsorLaneVIPDined on 11/15/2012Thai Island continues to be one of the better values in Key West and the food just keeps getting better. Soft shell crab on veggies with rice and "spicy" fish (which is not spicy at all!) are two of our favorites. Pad Thai and curries, of course. The large outside deck is now covered by an awning which reduces the issue of too much wind if its cool although I don't recommend going there if the wind is blowing strong out of the north. Downstairs is their new locals bar but it doesn't detract from the dining experience upstairs.Special Features:
- Simple, not-fancy outdoorvlat191Dined on 8/3/2012Simple, not-fancy outdoor patio. They were flexible and able to adjust menu items for my vegetarian girlfriend.Special Features:
- Great Thai FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012The food was excellent but the beers were not as cool as we liked. The waiter was very attentive, polite and helpful.Special Features:
- Excellent food with pleasant/efficiOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2012Excellent food with pleasant/efficient service overlooking water.Special Features:
- Not much to look at, nor isjfkbikeVIPDined on 5/26/2012Not much to look at, nor is the decor very interesting but the food is very good, large portions and served with humor and prompt service. We sat outside which overlooks over a marina, not a particularly pretty view but at least it is interesting. We would go again.Special Features:
- Good food and very friendlyAnsleyTravelerDined on 5/12/2012Good food and very friendly service. The physical space is sparsely furnished and slightly worn.Special Features:
- Fantastic Thai food, and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012Fantastic Thai food, and the view over the marina is wonderful if you sit outside. Their sushi is good too, but if you like Thai, you'll absolutely love this place. And, they have parking, a rarity in Key West.Special Features: