53 West Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 6319795242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Anon Holmquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On site catering for up to 44 guests.
A word from Thai House
Located in the heart of Smithtown, Thai House Restaurant offers some of the finest Thai cuisine found in the New York area. Our cozy dining room coupled with a range of exquisite dishes served by a charming and attentive staff, provide the ultimate Thai dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Thai House - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Thai House reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (19)great for lunch (19)romantic (18)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were looking to try something different, so we headed down to Thai House. We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was fantastic. There were a lot of different options to choose from on the menu, so we tried the app sampler with two entrees. The food was absolutely perfect, had a wonderful presentation and was very flavorful. My wife and I just found our new favorite spot to dine at this quaint, lovely little restaurant on Main St.Special Features:
- great timelovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service. Great food. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pennyDined on 8/23/2014It was just as amazing as our first time. We try something different each time we come. Everything has been great.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I've been here twice, the latter time on a date. There aren't a great amount of tables so having dinner reservations is greatly recommended. The food was delicious, came out fairly quickly and the staff was helpful and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Thai house has delicious excellent food and service. All Thai dishes are delicious. The Cosmo's are great and the servers aim to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food---Great serviceluvfoodDined on 8/16/2014This was an overall great experience...From the appetizers to the dessert it was great tasting food. Food was served in a timely manner and hot, it was fresh and savory...and the price was very reasonable. The ambience was nice and the service was great as well.. I recommend this restaurant to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On a MondayRestaurantGirlDined on 8/11/2014Although the food was very good, it took 3 hours to complete our meal. There were six other tables that "came and went" while we waited for our meal. We were only a group of five so that should not have been an issue. We had to ask to have our order taken, ask for a menu for dessert, ask for the table to be cleared and ask for the check multiple times. This is not the norm at this restaurant so we were quite surprised. The restaurant was not overly busy, and they had two servers. To spend three hours for a Monday night dinner was not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Knowledgeable staffMe2uDined on 8/9/2014Pleasantly surprised for a first time diner eating Thai food. Like it better than Chinese. Love the spice it has to offer. Would definitely come back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticpennyDined on 8/9/2014The food is amazing we'll be back over and over againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simply OKJohnZVIPDined on 8/2/2014Reviews talked it up so expectations were high going in. If you live in Smithtown and want Thai it is OK. Have had much better Thai elsewhere.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnersteakloversDined on 8/2/2014Took my husband to the Thai House for his birthday on Saturday night. Dinner was wonderful, service excellent and his special birthday surprise was an added BONUS! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!Special Features:
- MusicmanMusicmanVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is the 1st time I went with a large group, including some children. The food and the service was just as wonderful as it has always been. I would now include the thai house as a great family friendly restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!DiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We haven't been to Thai House in a while, and was concerned when I read some recent reviews. We had an excellent experience. Service was attentive and our meals came in a reasonable time (on a Saturday night with a full house). Food was well prepared and delicious as it had been. We even used the "Thai word of the day" from Facebook for a free entrée!Special Features:
- A treasure in smithtownJurazVIPDined on 7/26/2014Consistently good thai food. We always enjoy our meal dining here. A nice choice in appetizers. The Siam shrimp entree was excellent. My husband had a duck curry which he truly enjoyed. We will continue to visit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great Thai food and cocktails. Curry dishes with fish or meat is excellent. Pad Thai is a second favorites. Every dish is special.Special Features:
- amazing !!pennyDined on 7/26/2014this was a first visit for us. every dish was amazing. we'll be back with and without friends and family.Special Features:
- goobergooberVIPDined on 7/23/2014Went there last night for dinner with another couple. We have been customers for a long time. First of all , the waitress with the long braid waited on us. Very poor service. Ordered our food wrong. Never came to refill water or ask if we wanted more drinks. Had to keep looking for her. Asked for spicy, she never told the cook. All the food was very bland. No taste. Very surprised, because it is usually good. Very disappointed in the food and the service. Don't know if we'll go back.
- Thai House is authentic!deesdiningdealsDined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu, wonderful service! The owner aims to please and will customize your dinner choice to your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THAI CRAVINGluv2dineDined on 7/16/2014Went during the week and got the last table. It was very loud and something was wrong with the air conditioning so it was very uncomfortable. Drink could have been better. As usual, the food was very good and prices reasonable. Will be returning for the good food.Special Features:
- Good appetizers, horrible entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The spring rolls and dumplings were very good, but the entrees were gross. The chicken had a horrible, gamey smell and the sauces were watered down and tasteless. Won't go there again. They were also understaffed and we had to wait a long time.
- No lie - Thai !bobaqueDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food in large quantities. Clean with nice ambiance. Efficient and friendly service. Make sure you go to their website for the word of the day - the free dish of food is HUGE! Reasonable prices. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite thai housekeriDined on 7/8/2014never a disappointment here in smithtown! I recommend to all my friendsSpecial Features:
- Perfect Appetizers!kopyorDined on 6/27/2014We ordered the som tam and the chicken larb for appetizers, and both were perfect. Just as we remembered these specialties from the streets of Bangkok and the Isaan countryside. Our entrees were just average. They tasted like they were adapted for American tongues, which means they were not only a little bit bland, but also had just a kind of generic "Asian" flavor... shrimp, soy sauce, tofu, rice... we ordered the Thai basil stir fry and could not taste the Thai basil in it at all. To end with another positive, the portions were generously sized, with lots of shrimp and chicken, etc. We were more than full, and took home leftovers that we could eat for lunch the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TiffanyOVIPDined on 6/20/2014I wasnt expecting much when I walked in, but the food and service were EXCELLENT! Presentation of plates was beautiful and I loved the vegan options... Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieDined on 6/7/2014This neighborhood spot is always crowded so we decided to try it out. I am skeptical of Thai food because of my gluten allergy but when I made the reservation I was told that there are items that are gluten free and/or they could make things to my request. I was disappointed to learn that many of the appetizers are premade/frozen so I was unable to enjoy the first course. The waitress was very understanding and kept returning to the kitchen to ask questions about the menu. I was told that the items ordered were, indeed, gluten/wheat free. The food was slow to arrive and when it did it was not "Thai Hot" as requested. Upon arriving home, I felt ill! I spent the next day ill due to a reaction to the gluten!Special Features:
- Dinner at Thai House, SmithtownCjcmusDined on 6/6/2014We have mixed reviews. My dinner was wonderful (mild curry with seafood), my husband's not so much (chicken stir fry). He ordered a rum and coke. He said it was the worst drink he has ever had! The Pinot Grigio I had was fine. The house salad with peanut dressing was very enjoyable. The restaurant is small and, with all the tables full, can be quite noisy. Service was very friendly. We had a reservation for this Friday night and got the last table! Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome ThaiDebbylVIPDined on 5/20/2014The food here is so delicious that we try to go as often as possible. The portions are generous and they really work very hard to make you happy.Special Features:
- DisappointedTellersloverVIPDined on 5/10/2014This is our second visit. We were disappointed in the food. Food was lacking flavor. Okay.
- Great place!DaisyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Thai House is an excellent Thai restaurant. The food is the best, service is great and the owner/chef is usually walking around and saying hello to customers. A friend who visited Thsiland said that the food at the Thai House is better! Always a great meal!Special Features:
- The following 240 reviews are from the Thai House reviews archive.
- Great FoodLuvGreatFoodDined on 4/26/2014The food at Thai House was excellent, the menu choices are plentiful and the taste was second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014We went for our anniversary but it will be a regular for us now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied the craving for Thai!Italianmommafoodie13Dined on 4/19/2014The Thai lover in the group was very pleased and the non-Thai lover who almost didn't come was throughly happy with her very tender steak cooked to perfection. The waitress saw us toast a birthday in the group and ended her meal with a bowl of ice-cream with a candle, totally unsolicited by us, very thoughtful! Everyone left the table happy!Special Features:
- Awesome foodKostnkostDined on 4/17/2014I never had a bad dish at this place. Food is excellent, and the service is always top notch.Special Features:
- A small place in town withluv2eatDined on 4/12/2014A small place in town with great food, good drinks, good service, never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always perfectfoodloverVIPDined on 4/5/2014We've going to Thai House for years. Food is always consistent and service friendly. We'll be coming back often.Special Features:
- Real Thai FoodVSXsportDined on 4/5/2014Small, super clean restaurant. Beautiful paintings, soft music, very romantic. Great food for a great price. Staff are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JazzmanMusicmanVIPDined on 4/3/2014This restaurant never disappoints. It is without question the best Thai restaurant in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai House consistently deliversbameyerVIPDined on 4/1/2014Thai House consistently delivers excellent food with friendly and competent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem & gracious staffneighborhoodVIPDined on 3/30/2014The Thai House is run by a wonderful Chef and staff. They pay attention to their customers appetite for Thai food and seek satisfaction. They are always attend and offer wonderful food and service. Thank you from a regular customer.Special Features:
- Area that needs improvementFoodqueenDined on 3/29/2014We were on time for our reservation with a few people standing in the extremely small lobby. No one acknowledges your presence, no greeter, and even after giving my name to the one person I could snag I felt invisible. The food was tasty but I wouldn't return because the front end was too chaotic.Special Features: