53 West Main Street
Smithtown, NY 11787Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (631) 979-5242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Anon Holmquist
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On site catering for up to 44 guests.
A word from Thai House
Located in the heart of Smithtown, Thai House Restaurant offers some of the finest Thai cuisine found in the New York area. Our cozy dining room coupled with a range of exquisite dishes served by a charming and attentive staff, provide the ultimate Thai dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerThai
Thai House - Best Restaurants in Smithtown ›
Thai House reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (15)great for lunch (15)romantic (11)good for groups (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great place for Thai food!DaisyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Thai House is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always superb, and the service is very attentive. The restaurant is small, which keeps quality top-notch. The chef is always on the premises and will walk around and talk with customers when she has time. Reservations are a must on weekends. We highly recommend Thai House!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014Have been here several times before and never disappointed. Suggested this place for my friends' monthly get-together (3 of us). We all chose the prixe fix menu which is more than you can eat. I chose the salad, which is big, walnut encrusted chicken ((I'm enjoying the leftovers) and a Belgian Chocolate gluten free, nut free cake (they were out of the chocolate mousse cake) and includes coffee or tea. I suggest you take half of the dessert home also. The other 2 had Rama Shrimp and Porterhouse Pork Chop, Spring roll and Glass noodle soup and apple crisp - they enjoyed all of it. The people that work there are very nice and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodcohnmanDined on 11/16/2014Excellent food, especially the price-fixed menu. Excellent selection of cocktails and beers. Service was good, but could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JurazVIPDined on 11/15/2014Consistently good food. The service is never hurried. You can enjoy each course slowly. Very nicely decorated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai splendorZoeyDined on 11/1/2014This is a sweet Intimate Thai restaurant. The staff aims to please and the food is absolutely the best ... From appetizer to dessert!Special Features:
- Do not go on a Saturday nightNevercomplainDined on 11/1/2014We had a 6pm reservation and waited almost 2 hours for our meals, the waitress told us "there was a hold after the takeout orders." We were waiting and the takeout orders took a priority over our orders. Two of the six dinners were wrong, some were barely warm and the brown rice "would be ready in 20minutes" needless to say we never got it. We were never apologized to, charged an extra $1 for different rice, couldn't believe it. Horrible experience, will never go back.
- Great placefoodloverVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is consistently good every time we go. Service is always good and people are friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DakotasunVIPDined on 10/30/2014Love this place the food is delicious! Staff attentive and friendly. We have never been disappointed , and we have been here many times. The Siam shrimp with the pineapple fried rice is my favorite, I usually split with my husband but truth be told I could eat this by myself. The tamarind Duck is also a great selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!love4yogaDined on 10/25/2014The food is always fresh and delicious! I have yet to order anything I didn't love. Even my husband who is not a "go out to eat" person always agrees to go here. Don't have time, take out is convenient. It's a little small and can get loud but I think it adds to it's charm. They never rush you out and the service is awesome!Special Features:
- Great foodcohnmanDined on 10/19/2014Excellent price fixed menu that is absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Thai HousefoodloverVIPDined on 10/18/2014My go to place. Very small building so reservation are needed.Food is consistently good and can made to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Thai Tea needs to have a little less milk inside. Less milk would make it taste better. FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, RECOMMEND TO ANYONE FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION. GREAT PROFESSIONAL AND TENTATIVE SERVICE.Special Features:
- MiracleDined on 10/4/2014The round table was perfect for our group of 6, with just the right noise level. Food was just right, too. Will definitely be returning again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great place for Thai. The food is outstanding and matched by great service!Special Features:
- AmazingFoodLoverDined on 9/22/2014I have been here a couple times, and it has not dissapointed me. The food is absolutely delicious, and the place is very clean. The Pad Thai is amazing, and i love the Thai Iced Tea!! The chicken wings are also a must have. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousElegant61VIPDined on 9/18/2014We share the same yummy dishes always. Friendly & lovely staff & owner. Our go to place before the local theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real dealFazio55VIPDined on 9/12/2014Thai food is one of my favorite cuisines and Thai House is as close to authentic on Long Island that you can get. The lettuce cups are amazing, fresh, crisp, and flavorful. Chicken satay is marinated and grilled to perfection. The Thai house Cashe Chicken is amazing with a slight sweetness with a little heat. Service is usually ok but they had new staff working and they were a bit overwhelmed on this particular Saturday night. No worries it's a great place and very fairly priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodAlisonDined on 9/6/2014We always live Thai house. We continue to come back again & again. Great calamari, dinner big enough to share. Love cashew chicken & my daughter always goes for mixed vegetables with tofu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PennypennyDined on 9/5/2014as always, dinner was amazing. turns out the friends we brought had visited some time back. They loved the dinner we had together.Special Features:
- Food great, service this time NSGDocBDined on 8/31/2014As usual the food was very good. Although there seemed to be enough staff, the service was pretty slow. Perhaps because it was a holiday weekend, but certainly not what we have been accustomed to.Special Features:
- OutstandingFoolonthehillDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were looking to try something different, so we headed down to Thai House. We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. The atmosphere was pleasant and the service was fantastic. There were a lot of different options to choose from on the menu, so we tried the app sampler with two entrees. The food was absolutely perfect, had a wonderful presentation and was very flavorful. My wife and I just found our new favorite spot to dine at this quaint, lovely little restaurant on Main St.Special Features:
- great timelovefoodDined on 8/23/2014Great food. Great service. Great food. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pennyDined on 8/23/2014It was just as amazing as our first time. We try something different each time we come. Everything has been great.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I've been here twice, the latter time on a date. There aren't a great amount of tables so having dinner reservations is greatly recommended. The food was delicious, came out fairly quickly and the staff was helpful and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Thai house has delicious excellent food and service. All Thai dishes are delicious. The Cosmo's are great and the servers aim to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food---Great serviceluvfoodDined on 8/16/2014This was an overall great experience...From the appetizers to the dessert it was great tasting food. Food was served in a timely manner and hot, it was fresh and savory...and the price was very reasonable. The ambience was nice and the service was great as well.. I recommend this restaurant to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On a MondayRestaurantGirlDined on 8/11/2014Although the food was very good, it took 3 hours to complete our meal. There were six other tables that "came and went" while we waited for our meal. We were only a group of five so that should not have been an issue. We had to ask to have our order taken, ask for a menu for dessert, ask for the table to be cleared and ask for the check multiple times. This is not the norm at this restaurant so we were quite surprised. The restaurant was not overly busy, and they had two servers. To spend three hours for a Monday night dinner was not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Knowledgeable staffMe2uDined on 8/9/2014Pleasantly surprised for a first time diner eating Thai food. Like it better than Chinese. Love the spice it has to offer. Would definitely come back to try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticpennyDined on 8/9/2014The food is amazing we'll be back over and over againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simply OKJohnZVIPDined on 8/2/2014Reviews talked it up so expectations were high going in. If you live in Smithtown and want Thai it is OK. Have had much better Thai elsewhere.
- Wonderful Birthday DinnersteakloversDined on 8/2/2014Took my husband to the Thai House for his birthday on Saturday night. Dinner was wonderful, service excellent and his special birthday surprise was an added BONUS! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!Special Features:
- MusicmanMusicmanVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is the 1st time I went with a large group, including some children. The food and the service was just as wonderful as it has always been. I would now include the thai house as a great family friendly restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 257 reviews are from the Thai House reviews archive.
- Still Great!DiscerningDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We haven't been to Thai House in a while, and was concerned when I read some recent reviews. We had an excellent experience. Service was attentive and our meals came in a reasonable time (on a Saturday night with a full house). Food was well prepared and delicious as it had been. We even used the "Thai word of the day" from Facebook for a free entrée!Special Features:
- A treasure in smithtownJurazVIPDined on 7/26/2014Consistently good thai food. We always enjoy our meal dining here. A nice choice in appetizers. The Siam shrimp entree was excellent. My husband had a duck curry which he truly enjoyed. We will continue to visit this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great Thai food and cocktails. Curry dishes with fish or meat is excellent. Pad Thai is a second favorites. Every dish is special.Special Features:
- amazing !!pennyDined on 7/26/2014this was a first visit for us. every dish was amazing. we'll be back with and without friends and family.Special Features:
- goobergooberVIPDined on 7/23/2014Went there last night for dinner with another couple. We have been customers for a long time. First of all , the waitress with the long braid waited on us. Very poor service. Ordered our food wrong. Never came to refill water or ask if we wanted more drinks. Had to keep looking for her. Asked for spicy, she never told the cook. All the food was very bland. No taste. Very surprised, because it is usually good. Very disappointed in the food and the service. Don't know if we'll go back.
- Thai House is authentic!deesdiningdealsDined on 7/18/2014Excellent menu, wonderful service! The owner aims to please and will customize your dinner choice to your taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THAI CRAVINGluv2dineDined on 7/16/2014Went during the week and got the last table. It was very loud and something was wrong with the air conditioning so it was very uncomfortable. Drink could have been better. As usual, the food was very good and prices reasonable. Will be returning for the good food.Special Features:
- Good appetizers, horrible entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The spring rolls and dumplings were very good, but the entrees were gross. The chicken had a horrible, gamey smell and the sauces were watered down and tasteless. Won't go there again. They were also understaffed and we had to wait a long time.