Thai House 530
530 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai House 530
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thaihouse530.com/index.html
- Phone: (415) 503-1500
- Hours of Operation:
Sun-Thur - 12pm-10:30pm Fri-Sat - 12pm-11:00pm Sat-Sun - (Happy Hour from 12pm-6pm) Mon-Fri - (Happy Hour from 3pm-6pm)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Vegetarian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Somroth Inthasak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Public Transit: The 16th and Mission Bart station is the easiest way to make it over here locally, from the east bay, and south bay.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is difficult at night time but look around the small side streets between "Guerrero and Valencia" and "Valencia and Mission" You can also pay a couple bucks for the parking garage on 42 Hoff St. (off 16th St. between Valencia and Mission St.).
A word from Thai House 530
We specialize in authentic Thai food that is good all around! Our pad Thai was voted by Bay Guardian Magazine as one of the best in the city! Our other main dishes are also superb, such as the pork leg stew, green/red curry, pumpkin curry, chicken with basil, pra ram, sautéed eggplant, chicken with cashew nuts, and our fried rice are "must have" items when dining here! As for starters, our garden rolls (made fresh), one-of-a-kind beef jerky, papaya salad, money bags, and fried calamari makes our food stand out from the thousands of Thai cuisines in the city! We are also a vegan friendly spot with many vegetarian dishes and make sure to ask our waiters about our gluten free dishes! The bar makes excellent cocktails, has a pretty good selection of beers, and a wide variety of wine that would pair well with our food! Don’t forget to check in for happy hour (everyday 3-6pm) because we have half off on beers, specialty drinks, and $5 for a glass of wine!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai House 530 reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- TreasureDinerDined on 10/25/2014Food was fantastic. Spicy green beans a must. They definitely know to create delicious tofu dishes. Staff was friendly and attentive but not overbearing. A clear winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notch ThaiAnonVIPDined on 10/16/2014A new Thai place in the hood - must be checked out! We were there with a large group after LitCrawl - although our Open Table reservation had not shown up, they seated us (a group of 13) without delay. While not everything came out at the same time, so some were finished, almost before others were served, we were in a great mood and didn't mind. The fact that all the food was absolutely delicious really helped! I'd definitely go again!Special Features:
- good food, nice ambiance, but. . .MCubedDined on 8/25/2014beware of the spice level. either they made a mistake on the spice level or their medium is actually fire. I love good spicy food and they have 4 levels to choose so we thought going medium would be fine, but it came out extremely hot, too hot for a couple people at our table. they were GREAT about it and made us new places (incredibly nice). when the food came out mild, there was barely any spice. That said the food was great and the service was great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and go back myself.Special Features:
- The following 55 reviews are from the Thai House 530 reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Nice place, good food and wonderful decor. I ordered the pad thai with chicken and the shrimp spring rolls, as good as it gets. Quick service. The sangria was very tasty too. Too bad, parking can be tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine placemrB1VIPDined on 5/17/2014we needed a thai restaurant who served vegeterian and this fit the bill just fine! good dinnerSpecial Features:
- great placeRickDined on 2/21/2014One of the best pad thai dishes I have ever had. Place is nice, clean, modern looking. Good noise level. Wait staff is friendly and has the perfect balance of attentiveness and privacy. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I chose this place becauseglovesmVIPDined on 2/7/2014I chose this place because of the proximity to BART. We ate here before an early show nearby and they were superfast, even without me saying our plans afterward. The food came out piping hot and really delicious. We had the Pad-see-ewe (my typical Thai dish) and Pad King, which was a bit too salty/flavorful so luckily it came with rice. Their Thai 530 signature drink was unique and refreshing with mint and basil. I will definitely come back here when I have shows at ODC again. The décor was modern and sleek-looking with living walls of plants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai and VegiAlakaLazloVIPDined on 1/1/2014We needed a place for New Years Day that could handle carnivores and vegans. This place was a great find. The food was excellent and the service first rate. They were very sensitive to vegan requirements and even changed a few dishes to satisfy our vegan friends. I had a duck curry that was exquisite. My S/O had a vegi Prik King and our vegan friends had vegan Pad Thai and fresh rolls that were all superb. This is a great option for those who have groups of friends with different dietary practices. Everyone can have something really delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, nice selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/1/2014good food, nice selection on the menu, attentive staff, short wait time, overall pleasant dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good ThaiKdsfDined on 10/16/2013I really like this place. We live in the mission and have been going since it opened. We generally have great service, the food is consistently good and the prices are right. I recommend the pumpkin curry and drunken noodles... Yummm!Special Features:
- recommendedcalbearDined on 10/14/2013Thai house 530 was a pretty good place for Thai food. This restaurant was able to ease my craving for Thai food. The food was great especially in the neighborhood. I love the ambient of the restaurant. It was very comfortable and clean. Really love the open kitchen setting. The servers were very attentive and kept checking if we needed anything. Great restaurant would love to come again for some fine dinning Thai food with great price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor servicekatilunaDined on 10/7/2013We had Thai ginger margaritas (very fresh, light, not too sweet), chicken satay, Tom kha chicken soup (coconut), vegetarian spring rolls, green curry with chicken, thinly sliced rib-eye, and Jasmine rice. The food was delicious, nicely plated, and we loved every bite. However, despite the fact that it was a Monday night, and there were just a few other customers, it took an inordinately long time for a server to arrive. I am not a person who gets tense waiting, and I was wrapped up chatting with my relatives before I realized that they were looking antsy because we had been sitting unattended for a very long time. Could be an anomaly, and not that big of a deal -- but it would have been a better if we had been greeted when we arrived.I would recommend this to a friend.
- standout thai placetptperryDined on 7/25/2013normally, i'm a hole-in-the-wall thai guy. there are lots of great places like in that for SF for Thai. These guys, however, is where I took a date. They were awesome - an important combination of great food, warm people, beautiful modern decor and attentive service. I arrived a couple minutes before my date and chatted at the bar with the owner and bartender - both SF natives - super friendly and out to prove that their place deserves high marks. They are foodies who know what it takes to make it in a competitive restaurant city. Dinner, dessert and drinks for 2 at an affordable price as well. Can't recommend highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Über cool!2paddlersVIPDined on 6/12/2013Very sleek, classy decor right in the heart of the Mission. The "green" walls are amazing - they alone are worth a trip. But the food, too, was excellent, portions generous and staff attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- We loved the overall experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013We loved the overall experience. You know it's really good when you have people from Thailand dining here! Word of advice if you cannot handle spicy make sure to order your food without any spice at all. The dishes are super spicy even when you say just a little spicy. Otherwise great menu and selection. The Thai Iced Tea was simply perfect to cool down the mouth after dinner.Special Features:
- "I love the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013"I love the relaxed feel of this place small and cozy – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- We went early in the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/4/2013We went early in the evening on a weekday, and it was nice and quiet. We both liked the design of the space. And the food was very tasty -- definitely better than the average Thai restaurant. The service was very good, too.Special Features:
- Had a great experience here.MikaelVIPDined on 1/31/2013Had a great experience here. Very good service that made me feel special.Special Features:
- Low key, yet modern ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/26/2013Low key, yet modern ambiance. Great menu. Super enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- I was disappointed with theLinhVIPDined on 1/15/2013I was disappointed with the service of the place. We had to order with two different servers and they still couldn't get the order correct... the food was moderate at best. I would not be coming back
- Very nice Thai food, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2013Very nice Thai food, great variety of dishes, wonderful presentation.Special Features:
- Very good food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 1/4/2013Very good food and great service! Recommended anytime... With my two daughters (22 and 17) we loved this restaurant
- This extended family has beenBonAppetitDined on 12/18/2012This extended family has been feeding us for 20+ years at the original Thai House on Henry and Thai House Express on Castro. This location is fun and fresh, with the same high quality of yummy food. Our group had an excellent dinner here. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great find in the Mission.RobTomasHawaiiVIPDined on 12/14/2012Great find in the Mission. They seem to have a lot of healthy organic items on their menu. The restaurant is crazy cool with all the natural decor they got going. Great to go with friends, or on a date. The price was pretty reasonable, and the food was pretty good. I would return here.Special Features:
- The modern ambiance is funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012The modern ambiance is fun and the tables can seat many people. However, the food itself was terrible. The tuna salad dressing was overpowering, and the Tom Kha soup was somehow the wrong blend of sour and salty.Special Features:
- We went there with a GiltOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2012We went there with a Gilt city certificate and was given a separate menu. In our experience with these kinds of deals, we are made to order from the same menu. Overall, we feel that we did not get the deal we thought we would be.
- Loved the food, design andOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/13/2012Loved the food, design and style of the place. Young crowd with full bar on a Saturday night. Wide open spaces, so unusual in this crowded foodie neighborhood. Really liked the "Money Bags", Thai Sangria, Pumpkin Curry dish, Banana Fritters. Owner/manager active with tables and bar, no pretenses here. Warning: Don't waste your time trying to park in this neighborhood on a weekend night, the BART is just a couple of blocks away.Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, butMattVIPDined on 10/6/2012Food was pretty good, but service was uneven. First they tried to seat us at a table in the back, when the restaurant was practically empty. We asked to be moved to the front (more light, a few more people), and they readily accommodated us. We had to ask repeatedly for some special requests (hot sauce, pot of hot water). The tea served was barely hot, and we had to send it back to be heated up. The food was good, and the decor is nice. The place was surprisingly empty for a Saturday evening -- too many other popular restaurants nearby, perhaps.
- Waitress was very knowledgable,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Waitress was very knowledgable, and helped me find gluten-free options on the menu. Drinks were great! Overall, one of the best Thai places in the Mission.
- Excellent service. ReasonablyLoisDMVIPDined on 9/21/2012Excellent service. Reasonably priced wine list. The food is fresh and clean. Great curries.Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Thai House 530. Being from out of town, we wanted someplace special to celebrate an important family event & this restaurant turned out to be a gem. We selected this restaurant based on yelp reviews, the Thai House website & of course its location. The decor was very modern and interesting. The waitstaff was great at making recommendations for many, many dishes that we all enjoyed. We chose family style service which gave us us all a chance to sample a variety of dishes, which of course is always a fun way to experience food. Even though it was a busy Friday night, the waitstaff was very attentive and the food came out quickly. All in all, our experience at Thai House 530 was a great one.Special Features:
- Solid thai dining experience.pesceveganVIPDined on 9/6/2012Solid thai dining experience. The decor is worth the trip and the food is worth the stay.Special Features:
- Even though my party of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012Even though my party of 6 was over 20 minutes late, they quickly accommodated us for a 9pm seating. The service started out a bit slow then quickly ramped up. The food was soo very good, all 6 of us raved about it. A find on Valencia, I'm going back!Special Features:
- We arrived for lunch rightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2012We arrived for lunch right at opening, so the place was empty and quiet. There was only one waitress. She was friendly. The menu seemed thorough enough. The lunch specials are listed on the back, which the waitress did not point out. The specials are quite filling. As more people stopped in for lunch, she seated them around us, kind of cramping all of us into one area, while the rest of the restaurant was still empty. Overall, the place looked trendy, and the waitress was attentive and friendly. I'd go back.Special Features:
- BLAH food & service, nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2012Spotless interior, stylish decor. The service was decent at first, but then the waitress disappeared and didn't take our order beyond the appetizers. When we left, no one said thank you or goodbye, that's just a basic courtesy at any sit down restaurant. I was disappointed with the food. I thought the crab pad thai sounded so good, but it was just noodles, tiny bits of crab all mixed in (no chunks of crab), and the tomato based sauce. There were none of the other ingredients usually in pad thai- the egg, bean sprouts, scallions. We also had the papaya salad, it was very fresh but boring. I requested a spicy curry, and they sent "medium" spicy (which tasted mild), and the shrimp in it were terribly overcooked.
- I love the lunch specials,MargaretVIPDined on 8/4/2012I love the lunch specials, absolutely perfect portions and a little bit of a lot of different tastes.Special Features:
- I had dinner before 5pm, soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012I had dinner before 5pm, so the restaurant was very quiet. I had the pineapple fried rice; it was good, but nothing to write home about. The service was excellent, I was never kept waiting (although this might not say much since the restaurant was mostly empty).
- A very hip restaurant (plusFrancisVIPDined on 7/7/2012A very hip restaurant (plus friendly service) in a very hip part of town. Recommend the Ahi Tuni, Taro Fries, Crab Pad Thai, and 5 Spice Duck. The wine selection isn't bad with Malbec from Argentina a good value.Special Features:
- Fantastic specialty cocktails,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012Fantastic specialty cocktails, good food, and a really helpful waitstaff that gives great suggestions and guidance through the menu make this a great spot if you like Thai food.Special Features:
- I went here for lunch beforeFergieVIPDined on 6/17/2012I went here for lunch before and had a better experience. I ordered the Tom Kha vegetarian, which was delicious, but then my entree, the "Drunken Noodles" was kind of a disappointment. The waitress did warn me that they made things extra spicy, but I like hot, and for "medium" these noodles were kind of ridiculous. I couldn't eat very much of them. I will go back and order better though!Special Features: