Thai Chef & Sushi Bar
1712 Connecticut Ave, NW.
Washington, DC 20009Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Chef & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thaichefsushibardc.com/
- Phone: 2022345698
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Thai Chef & Sushi Bar
Since Valentine's Day of 1990, the Thai Chef has been bringing healthy, fresh and tasty Thai food to the Dupont Circle neighborhood. Our main dining room and its mezzanine section offer an exciting and vibrant atmosphere. Our third floor dining room, with its warm and cozy ambiance, is often used for private parties, office meetings and large group reservations.In summer 2003; a dynamic sushi bar was introduced to the restaurant. Our valuable customers can now enjoy fresh seafood from the sushi bar, as well as delicious items from our original Thai cuisine menu. We hope that our fresh look, combined with exotic dishes served by our friendly and attentive staff, create a remarkable dining experience for you. Please come visit us often at Thai Chef.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Chef & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- mag 13OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was very good and I would certainly highly recommend for Thai and sushi . The place itself was a bit understated and not necessarily a special night out dining experience but the service and food quality could make it a regular go to for dinner. Fair priced and good value.Special Features:
- awesome sushi placedcdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014I am a sucker for a good happy hour and this place nailed it. $4 cocktails that were definitely worth it on flavor and effectiveness. I had the lycheetini and thought it was absolutely delicious. We ordered a seaweed salad, rainbow roll, maryland roll, and a dynamite. They were all awesome and I would definitely order them again. The three rolls were plenty for the two of us and only came out to about $25 each! Awesome sushi, delicious drinks, and a competitive price. I'm sold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, however....JoellVIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was amazing since this is my second meal here. However, we were in a huge group, 14 total, when some of my friends arrived early and checked in, the person on the front of the restaurant, who happened to be the manager, gave them an attitude. Our server apologized for him and give my friends a free meal voucher.
- Great random findTerriVIPDined on 7/7/2014Was staying at the Washington Hilton and looking for a sushi place and found this through Open Table. The food was excellent and the service was amazing. The Lychee Martini is a Must Order!Special Features:
- Decent Thai at Decent PricesJoanieboVIPDined on 6/21/2014Group of 4 of us ate for the first time at Thai Chef & Sushi. Respectable food -- fresh and tasty. Good service. Would definitely go back for more! Reasonably priced to.Special Features:
- Happy Graduation!Cre8tivexpatDined on 6/19/2014Great group experience. Loved the Dragon Fire with soft shell crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food wasn't greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2014I had grilled salmon that came with steamed vegetables. The vegetables were dry and cold, the salmon was hard.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Thai Chef & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- CupcakeWonkVIPDined on 5/15/2014Surprising great thai food with large portions. Lychee martinis could be stronger, but overall nice experience.
- Tasty ThaiENjoySilverDined on 4/19/2014THai chaef is a petite restaurant that somehow packs in the groups. Yet you don't feel crowded. The food is excellent thai food. THe service was spot on and the prices are wonderful. You definitely get more than you pay for. I highly recommend Thai Chef and Sushi Bar for you group of friends. Not a real romantic setting, more light and bright and friendly.Special Features:
- Great little restaurantRosie22Dined on 3/9/2014We chose this restaurant based on reviews from opentable while looking for Thai food. We had sushi and entrees, and enjoyed both of them. They had a really good happy hour on drinks and sushi, so our bill was pretty small for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Was a Decent ExperienceDexterDined on 3/7/2014I went here with members of my book club. The food, service, and ambience were all good; but I wouldn't give the most glowing review. It's not that anything was bad. It just wasn't...glowing. I'll go back if I'm looking for a casual place to eat with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in DCDceatsDined on 2/21/2014We are big sushi people and hadn't had sushi this good in a while. The sushi is extremely fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, bit crampedFoodisGoodDined on 2/14/2014Our sushi appetizer was fantastic! The waiters were very attentive and never left our water cups empty. Although my entrée was great, my girlfriend was not as impressed with her entrée as it was a bit bland. It was Valentine's Day, but even so it was cramped and we had an interesting time listening to the conversations held by the couple at the table next to us. I would have liked more than 6 inches between our table and theirs.Special Features:
- Great sushi & drinksWVQTDined on 2/3/2014This restaurant wasn't exactly what I expected by reading other reviews, but very good! We had about 5 different sushi rolls and decided we liked the dynamite roll better(must try!) the prices are reasonable, the staff does a great job, the overall satisfaction of the restaurant was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Sushi!RustyDined on 1/24/2014Can't go wrong at Thai Chef. Try the Thai Iced Tea and a Volcano Roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not noteworthyRWFavoriteVIPDined on 1/6/2014Decent Thai food at fair prices, but not noteworthy. Wouldn't mind going back but I wouldn't go out of my way to return. Note that I didn't try any of their sushi.
- great!great1Dined on 10/24/2013This place had great sushi. We would definitely go back. Happy hour was great for the mark down on sushi. Service was very friendly. They did not recognize my reservation for open table and had to comment about it. But, besides that. Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Thai in Dupont CircleShannonphotogalDined on 10/5/2013The food was so flavorful - my shrimp clay pot had the perfect balance of garlic and lime. Their chicken curry puffs and green papaya salad tasted like what I'd had in Bangkok! While the food was great, the restaurant was extremely loud. My dining companions and I struggled to hear each other and the poor couple on their first date were clearly in the wrong spot for romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiMattyBDined on 10/5/2013Go for the happy hour menu, even on Saturday nights! Great sushi. Didn't try their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice low-key sushi and thai spotDisappointedVIPDined on 8/1/2013I went here with a group and we all found something we liked and the food arrived nice and quickly. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. SpicylittleKsistoDined on 7/13/2013The food was very good. Spicy yellowtail roll was great. And the service was good. Overall, it was a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Happy HourMsEriKaTDined on 7/2/2013Food was great! Happy Hour specials are very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeJules654Dined on 7/2/2013This is my first time going to Thai Chef for lunch. It wasn't crowded so it lended itself perfectly for discussing business. I've been there at night when it is quite busy but it's not obnoxiously loud. The food is really good and the portion sizes are just right.
- Great food and prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/24/2013Great food and happy hour prices. Wish I knew before hand that you can't take any of the happy hour food you don't finish though, they we're still nice and allowed me to take it anyway.Special Features:
- Great Asia Fusion!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013A friend and I enjoyed dinner at this crowded and trendy DuPont Circle Venue. All dishes were tasty and served in generous portions including larger than typical sushi rolls. The Pad Thai was particularly delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for the priceArlingtonresidentDined on 5/17/2013The sushi wasn't nasty and the service was friendly. The prices are pretty good for sushi, I thought. Not bad if you want to grab sushi close by, but I wouldn't travel to go there without another reason to be in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great spot for regular diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great food, great prices. This is a great regular spot to eat/frequent.Special Features: