Thai Basil - Vermont
4940 Main St.
Manchester Center, VT 05255Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
Thai Basil - Vermont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thaibasilvt.com/
- Phone: 8027688433
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai French, Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Thai Basil - Vermont
Thai Basil combines flavor, aroma, and presentation for a wonderful dining experience, half a world away from the traditional Thai restaurant. Chef Peter Yamyoo has bring the modernist technique and a deconstructed approach to create a foundational Thai menu with a European influence. Thai Basil’s ambiance is warm, casual and inviting---fine dining in the heart of Manchester, Vermont. A superior wine list and progressive cocktails with dedicated, attentive servers complete the hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Thai Basil - Vermont reviews from OpenTable diners
- A very nice restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/22/2012A very nice restaurant in Manchester with a lovely, open dining area. The food was very good and the service was good. This was certainly a nice place for lunch.
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2012The food and service were fabulous. The only comment I can make is that Open Table's price rating of $$ ia wrong. It should be $$$, but also well worth the price.Special Features:
- Best Thai food in the region.DirmaDined on 9/26/2012This is one of my favorite Thai restaurants anywhere. The Curry dishes are amazing and there are a great many to choose from. I tend to enjoy the same ones but I tried a grilled chicken with Yellow curry and noodles and it was also fantastic so I have expanded my choices. I always order the large warm sake to share which is ample for two people. If you love Thai food as I do, this restaurant is a must for the Manchester area. You can also choose your spice level from 1-3***. I am a 1 which is spicy enough for my taste buds.Special Features:
- NIce setting and good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2012NIce setting and good service, but very average Thai food.
- The food was nicely preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012The food was nicely prepared and the service was quite good. With the construction currently going on in Manchester, the restaurant is a bit challenging to locate. We felt it was well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Excellent change of pace fromMjsmdVIPDined on 8/31/2012Excellent change of pace from the generic Thai food.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2012This was our second visit in four days and each time we were delighted with the service and food. The wontons(crab angels) are superb as an appitiser. The crispy duck is heavenly and the curries and Pad Tai were delicous.Special Features:
- Food was well prepared, pretty,AndyVIPDined on 8/11/2012Food was well prepared, pretty, and good! I recommend it and was glad it was on open table to simplify reservations.Special Features:
- Exciting for the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012.The food was excellent. The plates were slightly warm, although the food was hot. Perhaps the plates could be hot, since things cool down near the end of the meal....but not cool or cold. That is just a minor opinion because the entire experience was great , and will come again.Special Features:
- Wonderful Thai food rightRebeKDined on 7/5/2012Wonderful Thai food right here in Manchester VT. Very friendly staff. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- Tasty Thai in VermontSWMomVIPDined on 5/26/2012Thai Basil had fresh food that was prepared to your taste. We enjoyed the dumplings and shrimp spring rolls for appetizer. Curry with chicken and string beans was tasty. Fried rice and Pad Thai were very good. This is a nice quiet restaurant in Manchester, Vermont.Special Features:
- Ymmmmmm....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We went here a few months ago and it was very good. Now that they're in stride, it was great! I had the mango salmon house special and it was outstanding. Can't remember what my husband had, but he licked his plate clean as well.Special Features:
- As Chef myself it is alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012As Chef myself it is always good to find a place where I can truly enjoy the food and service as much as I did at Thai Basil. We were made very welcome upon entering, and were able to get requested items not on the menu that night. Our waiter Dave was very personable had a fairly good grasp of the menu and was very willing to go that extra mile to please my wife and myself. The Bar/manager, Susan was equally helpful and friendly, and did engage us in friendly conversation while keeping a close eye on the dining room. Very professional.I do not usually request items not found on the menu, but being well versed in Thai specialties myself I asked and did cheerfully obtain my requested specialty. Thanks we shall return, Don CahnSpecial Features:
- Great find and great ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2012Great find and great Thai food right here in Manchester, went with group of 4, we all liked our selections but especially enjoyed the Masseman Duck.Special Features:
- Our second visit to this restaurantdavidDined on 2/21/2012Our second visit to this restaurant and our experience was every bit as enjoyable as the first time.Special Features:
- Smart, clean and efficient.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2012Smart, clean and efficient. We enjoyed a nice meal rather than an rapturous repast. But what a nice addition to the food fare in Manchester, Vermont.Special Features:
- Terrific ThaiRobbiVIPDined on 2/19/2012Cozy restaurant. Great food. Pad Thai, Pad See-U, Triple Spice Curry and Masamam Curry were delicious.Special Features:
- Extensive menu and attentivedavidDined on 2/15/2012Extensive menu and attentive staff. Entrees were delicious and well presented. A fine addition to the already excellent Manchester restaurant scene. Before we finished our meal, we had already made plans for a return visit.Special Features:
- A wonderful find. Very nicelyMimfDined on 2/10/2012A wonderful find. Very nicely appointed with mauve table napkins giving an unusual softness to the decor. Fabulous food. I had the pineapple rice which was served in half a fresh pineapple and contained many different vegetables and chicken - delicious. My companion had a duck dish which was also outstanding. Chicken satay and potsticker appetizers were also both good choices. Make a reservation - when we left at 7pm on a Friday, it was already full.Special Features:
- We had a great meal, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012We had a great meal, very good service , and enjoyed our first experience there. We will go back soon. This was also our first experience with Open Table. It is a nice service. One drawback was they had a limited alcohol situation that evening. Our waitress indicated that their alcohol license had lapsed over the weekend. Only beer and wine available during our meal.....no problem for us, I just mentioned it.Special Features:
- This was the freshest ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/15/2012This was the freshest Thai food we have had in a long time. They make every plate upon time of order. The owners are very talented chefs.Special Features:
- Good food and great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012Good food and great location in Manchester. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I'm from NYC and have manyRiffVIPDined on 1/5/2012I'm from NYC and have many good Thai to choose from. The food was fair dumplings were not hot and red curry dish with noodles has so much sauce it was a soup. the green tea consists of a tea bag the kind you buy in an Asian supermarket for about $4 for a large box. Servers were nice but no chopsticks were offered.Special Features:
- I surprised my with with aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/3/2012I surprised my with with a ski trip to Vermont for her birthday. We love Thai food so decided to give Thai Basil a try. I had no idea I would end up eating the best Thai I have ever had. In Vermont of all places!! We enjoyed the food and service so much we dined here again our last night in town.Special Features:
- GREAT food, GREAT service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/1/2012Some of the best thai food I've had. And I live in Manhattan! Nice change from the typical heavy fare that is served in most local VT restaurants.Special Features:
- Thai Basil is a wonderfulRedyDined on 12/31/2011Thai Basil is a wonderful new restaurant in Manchester,Vermont. The food is beautifully presented and very good. The servers are friendly and helpful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- You gotta be kidding me....theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2011You gotta be kidding me....the best Pad Thai I hav ever had and its in Manchester frigging VT. Was completely impressed by all the dishes. Great service and pride, easily has become go to place in VT. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great addition to the localOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/28/2011Great addition to the local area, botj for lunch and dinner. I think the dinner entree pricing is a bit on the high side for Thai/Pan Asian fare. I hope the owners will make some adjustment as this 4 month old restaurant shakes out. Service, though friendly and well intentioned, is amateurish. Nonetheless, a welcome "exotic" addition to the local scene.
- I am originally from Indonesia,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011I am originally from Indonesia, so my taste of food is very close (if not similar) to Thai food. The set-up is very nice, not too formal, but not too casual either. I ordered the Crispy spring rolls and it was delicious. My friends had the mango salad, chicken satay and dumplings - all were delicious. For my entree, I ordered pad see-u with beef. It was delicious, however - for my original Asian taste, the Pad see-u was too sweet. So next time I go there I may want to ask them to make it a little more spicier. The Korean style noddle was spicy, and the vegetable stir fry was very spicy according to my husband who actually like spicy food. I had Thai ice tea for my drink and it was very delicious!Special Features:
- With limited ethnic food choicesRAMSAYDined on 12/20/2011With limited ethnic food choices in Manchester, Thai Basil is a welcome addition. They are very accommodating regarding your personal preferences "heat". Their house cocktails are well thought out, and their apps are very good.Special Features:
- Great but too expensive! FoodGingergVIPDined on 12/2/2011Great but too expensive! Food is standard and well done thai. Place could tone down it's pretensions and reduce the price!
- I have eaten Thai CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011I have eaten Thai Cuisine all over America and this is at the top. Classics such as the Lemon Grass Soup and Thai dumplings were great to start and the Green Curry chicken was just right - complex and perfect. I also ordered a drink from the "Blackboard Specials" which I don't recall in name but it was a wonderful treat that replaced desert. Service was young but I guess the restaurant is just getting started also - but no complaints! Glad this is in the Vermont neighborhood! LJSpecial Features:
- Wow! Eating in a Thai restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/29/2011Wow! Eating in a Thai restaurant is always an adventure, but Thai Basil is an adventure in paradise! I strayed from my usual conformist pad thai choice to sample some dishes I’d never had. Okay, I have to admit I started with my favorite Thom Ka, a wonderful coconut soup with tender chicken and galanga root; then beautifully delicate Thai spring rolls stuffed with fresh veggies and tofu, served with a very complex tamarind sauce. Couldn’t resist a grilled, melt-in-your mouth steak called “Grilled Beef Tiger Cry.” Once again, the spicy dipping sauce was complicated, flavorful with just the right heat to set off the beef. Next time (and there definitely will be a ‘next time”), I’m having the Massaman curry, a dish “served to celebrate entry iSpecial Features:
- Our new favorite in Manchester.MelGDined on 11/25/2011Our new favorite in Manchester. Everything is made with the freshest ingredients and delicious. A good spot for healthy choices.
- I am so thankful to finallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2011I am so thankful to finally have delicious Thai food in our neighborhood. The Red Curry was heaven! It was so good I brought a group there three nights later for a business dinner.Special Features: