3609 Shire Blvd
Richardson, TX 75082Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://texas1846.com/
- Phone: (972) 664-9975
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - Close;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether your group is 8 people strong or 200, TEXAS has a private dining area for you! Four separate rooms, patio, balcony, and a gorgeous semi-private mezzanine area provide an array of seating choices for your next event. Call or email for details!
Rehearsal Dinners | Corporate Events | Cocktail Receptions | Dinner Parties & more
We're a place for every occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Dale 9726649975x
- Entertainment: A variety of music adds to an exciting dining atmosphere, while a quartet of 60" plasmas positioned around the bar area keep you posted on the games going on each night. Stop by Tuesdays through Saturdays to see Sam the Magic Man!
- Special Events: View what's currently happening at TEXAS under the "Current Events" tab on our website.
A word from Texas
TEXAS - A place for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Texas - Best Restaurants in Richardson ›
Texas reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (25)romantic (19)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014The service was outstanding and the food was executed perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsMikeDined on 11/17/2014It is clear that this establishment is filled with workers who like working there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary at TexasPWallaceDined on 11/15/2014Wonderful dining experience. The food was full of just the right amount of flavor and cooked perfectly. It was a nice touch that the owner stopped by a couple time for a quick chat. The service was the right amount of attention without being intrusive. We will definitely return and suggest Texas to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, service, and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014I took my wife for her birthday. The food was outstanding and Mera was energetic, enthusiastic, and a delight to have as a server we have already recommended this restaurant to our friends and will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMattLee4Dined on 11/8/20146 pepper sirloin was great. Manager and owner both visited table to wish us a happy anniversary. The crab cake app was delish. Server was attentive and non-intrusive. The wandering magician was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRosesnwineDined on 10/31/2014I recommend this to couples. It is great for anyone looking for a nice quiet meal with class and casual styles mixed. I wish the waiters were as clean and polished as the white table cloth like atmosphere and service. It is easy to enjoy the Texas charm so friendly and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great changesteakjunkyDined on 10/31/2014This was our first time to Texas. It won't be our last! It was an absolutely great time. Food was excellent; service was excellent; the pace of the dinner was excellent. It was Halloween night and everyone was dressed up. It was a fun evening. The owner and his family are truly committed to service.Special Features:
- Fun Friendly Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014You will always receive the warmest of welcome at the door. Service and great food is foremost in this restaurant. It is a must - go and take your friends, you will be so glad you did!Special Features:
- FriscoDined on 10/29/2014Very nice. Crowded for a We'd. Night but we were seated right away. Staff was fantastic.Special Features:
- Food & Magictomas4tejasDined on 10/29/2014As usual, the ambiance was quite nice for a return visit with one of my #1 customer's staff. Appetizer suggestion was very nice to pair with opening round of beers (great selection!). Entrees very well prepared with tasty veggies and a nice wine to go along. Evening finished off with a 5-10 tableside magic show that was very entertaining. Overall an excellent evening on all fronts and my customer was very well pleased. We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DustyDined on 10/28/2014Excellent attention to detail. Were greeted with happy anniversary and threated like royalty. The unexpected extras were a nice touch, (roving magician, a rose for my wife, deck of cards for me) Great food and wine. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudnoTalkingDined on 10/22/2014Our first visit was quieter so we returned with friends we wanted to visit with. The noise this time was terrible. We regret we will have to cross off our list. Wednesday night was noisy at 6:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencePlanotxDined on 10/20/2014Excellent ribs, salmon, and the bang bang shrimp were delicious. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and EntertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2014I had to try the burnt corn and crab bisque and it was outstanding. Wish I had not only ordered a cup. I had the Redfish broiled and it to was outstanding with a side of Lyonnaise potatoes. These potatoes are some of the best I have had in DFW. Cooked and seasoned perfectly. While waiting on entrees a magician stopped by our table and did some magic tricks that were very entertaining. It is a nice touch to pass the time.Special Features:
- Great PlaceLeerDined on 10/10/2014Excellent place to dine. Dell and his staff are excellent. The food is great, variety of choices and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but not a quiet settingHal2dalDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I went for our 10th anniversary. We had been there one other time (Saturday evening) thinking it was on the same scale as chilis or outback... We were wrong and the good was great, so we decided to come for a special occasion - which was a Thursday night. The open layout gave nice ambiance, but also allowed for the noise levels to rise considerably. The waitress was nice, but wasn't the best - found a few avocados in the salad and had to ask for a second beer. The food... Was awesome. I had the delmonaco and my wife had the flash fried chicken. Both were superb. I would recommend to anyone not looking for a quiet dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPNO927Dined on 9/27/2014I had the lobster, he had the steak and both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was great,,,thanks again...would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food/ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Stephen our waiter brought experience in wine/food compliment and detail of entrees' That was cool for a mature 23 yr old!Special Features:
- Nice placePhillyTravelerDined on 9/17/2014This is a comfortable place with a nice vibe and friendly service. Appetizers were excellent, and the main course was very good as well. I had a filet, medium, and it came out perfectly.Special Features:
- Review 9/12/14 diningtoomuchkidnoiseDined on 9/12/2014We chose Texas to celebrate our friends' upcoming marriage. The meal, service, and facilities were wonderful. However, our evening was marred by the table of diners next to us, four adults and four very noisy and unruly children. Unfortunately, the children (estimated ages 7-10) had no public manners and the parents could have cared less. They disturbed our entire meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Texas" Restaurant Excellent!TexasPropertyBrothersDined on 8/30/2014Took my family of four, including our two kids ages 10 and 14. All of us enjoyed a terrific meal and just the right level of service.... not too attentive, not under attentive. Between the four of us we had steak (filet, filet medallions), fish (red fish), chicken (grilled), appetizer salads, and eventually dessert. My wife particularly enjoyed the house salad with Texas Honey dressing. The kids enjoyed chocolate cake for dessert. Dale, the proprietor (also known for III Forks) stopped by to say hello and make sure all was well. The filet was particularly tasty! We plan to go back again.Special Features:
- YogiDined on 8/30/2014A complementary After dinner liquor was brought to our table. The times I have gone I have been pleasantly pleased with my experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!!!JomommaDined on 8/30/2014We had a blast here. They went above and beyond to make us feel special.
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014A friend recommended Texas for a good steak and he was right! Will certainly return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantSnoopyDined on 8/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the food. All of our selections were great, and the filets were wonderful. Texas has a nice 'at home' feel about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found a new GemCapjackDined on 8/30/2014Had a wonderful and entertaining evening celebrating my (adult) daughters birthday. Of course, the food was excellent and the ambiance comfortable and pleasant. However, the outstanding service and friendly restaurant staff made this a true dining experience. Hats off too to the "Magic Man" for his captivating entertainment. Thanks to all and can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnergregecDined on 8/19/2014I took my two sons, 18 and 16 for a birthday celebration. I had been to Texas once before and had their ribs. My 18 year old ordered the full rack of ribs, which is huge. My 16 year old ordered a 12 ounce Delmonico steak. I had the half rack of ribs. The food was great. Ribs have a lot of meat and the meat is fall off the bone tender. My son who had the steak indicated it was the best he has ever had. The restaurant was busy and the server did not come by as often as would be typical. But, we did not run out of drinks or anything else. Would recommend for a special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not "Special" for the "Ocassion"RepastSeekerDined on 8/16/2014What price point does it take for high-end ($44/steak) eateries to appreciate a customer? Made rez specifying a birthday celebration. First time here. Atmosphere near bar felt sport-grill-a-la fresh cut flowers: strange. Waitress confused & confusing. No bread served until after plates on table 5 min. Had to request water refills. Steak dropped off without anyone bothering to check for doneness! Sides felt quick-frozen (Shwanns?) Lobster way over cooked. Least of all, no acknowledgement of special occasion- not a dessert, GC, drink or even a measly greeting as compared to other hotsy totsy spots (S.Fields, Crudo). Save urself disappointment - this is not a fine restaurant serving drinks, this is a high brow bar serving mediocre food.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at TexasNARZONDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I took her parents there to celebrate her mother's 73rd birthday. The service was great our waitress Mickey did a wonderful job and had a great sense of humor. My in-laws who never go to these types of restaurants stated it was the best steaks they have ever had. They both had the 5oz filet. We don't really drink so we did not expereience any of the wines but the wine list was extensive. The only draw back if there is one is that it tends to be a little noisy due to the accoustics of the restarant, other than that it was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, well worth the priceDavidDined on 8/13/2014We took our son and his family there to celebrate his 35th birthday. The people were so friendly and helpful...and the food was awesome. We'll be back !Special Features:
- Business DinnerDROBDined on 8/12/2014Went to Texas for a business dinner with 6 people in our party. We had great food, Drinks, and the Magician that came by our table was outstanding..Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Steaks were great green beans a little too crisp. Service was good, but she had a little difficulty understanding waitress. Received a wine list but not a hard liquor meanie. Ordered drinks anyway. Will return. 50 characters is a lot To type.Special Features:
- OutstandingLuvtoeatoutDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed a great meal here on Saturday night. I was entertaining a friend visiting from out of town and based on our prior dining experience at Texas, she wanted to return there. Great food, good service with a friendly, helpful waitress. Great evening!Special Features:
- OverallTuckandclifDined on 8/4/2014Dale was the prime example of personalized service, coming by our table and greeting us. It was extremely loud, food was outstanding, but the service, in just refilling drinks was slow. Wait staff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to celebrate!RichardsonFoodieDined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our daughter's 22nd birthday at Texas & all of the staff made her feel special! The food was fabulous & the service impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steaks, great sevicebadgerbadgerDined on 7/30/2014We went here with a work group and had superbly accommodating service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced basic hamburgerChopsVIPDined on 7/30/2014Since this was my first time there and they seated kids in the bar, I decided to try the $10.00 Hamburger that does Not come with fries or any side. What a disappointment, all bread, it was just a basic burger. I did add on the fries, they were not cooked enough. I tried the $7.00 house salad, small, basic. They brought the main meal right as we started our salad. So for $22.00 I had a boring cheeseburger & salad. Will never return
- The following 431 reviews are from the Texas reviews archive.
- Great Food Great ServiceAUM94NupeDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The most tender and tasty steak Ive had in a long time.Special Features:
- Dinner for twoDBExeterDined on 7/26/2014My wife had wanted to go but was skeptical because she did not know anyone who had gone. When we arrive and parked she was still not convinced this was where we should have our anniversary dinner. Once inside she was taken back by the décor and 50’s and 60’s music and atmosphere for it seemed to invite you in. The food was absolutely fantastic and by nights end we had found a new neighborhood restaurant. Food and wine selection was limited but just enough to satisfy your taste. Definitely a place to try. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.