Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
240 W. Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
- Phone: 4122304004x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Texas de Brazil catering is perfect for your special event-whether you are hosting a wedding, graduation, business event or family get together. Let our skilled gauchos bring the Churrasco rotisserie to your event to cook and assist guests with food service. Our catering packages are available in a self-serve fashion as well as with table-side service. Restrictions may apply. Please inquire with the restaurant directly for a catering menu or additional info.
A word from Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh - Best Restaurants in Mt. Washington ›
Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (143)good for groups (102)fit for foodies (72)romantic (39)notable wine list (33)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Absolutely a Great Experience !!!!!FrankJDined on 9/15/2014This is a great place to go for a truly enjoyable evening. The restaurant is beautiful, selections plentiful and the food and service are amazing. Our server Quentin was incredible. He was very kind, and made sure that every detail was attended to. Overall a Great Experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas de BrazilOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Truly outstanding ambiance, food and service. Upon recommendation from family, I took my husband to the Station Square location for his birthday. It was amazing! He truly enjoyed the entire meat experience as well as the other generous salad selections. We will definitely recommend Texas de Brazil to others and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- palmcoast2Dined on 9/8/2014It was our first time at a Texas de Brazil restaurant. All was a great experience with great food, atmosphere and the Meat Runners were wonderful. Our waiter though was like a ROBOT with no customer service skills. He was cold and unfriendly and definitely did not make you feel welcome.(his trainee for the night, was very nice and friendly)Special Features:
- Perfect place for a perfect meal!SpaceCoastFLGirlDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for a wonderful dinner to take business guests to after the Steeler game. This was a perfect place! The food was amazing! You have the best salad bar, ever, and your meat is amazing! We were even able to request low sodium meat preparation for my husband, too. Our service was awesome! We are so glad we picked Texas de Brazil! Thank you for a perfect meal! We will be back the next time we are in the Burgh!Special Features:
- Diver55VIPDined on 9/7/2014Skewers of meat good. Salad bar amazing. Service lacking. Very loud.Special Features:
- Great Gluten Free OptionGlutenFreedomDined on 9/7/2014Texas de Brazil is a GREAT dining experience. I noted in my reservation that I am gluten free and the chef came out to speak with me. I expected "avoid the soup, avoid..." But what I got was a tour of the salad bad from the chef, only 4 things to avoid, all the meats are gluten free AND the rolls at the table were made from tapioca flour so I could actually eat bread. At a restaurant. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ONE TIME VISITMarSDined on 9/6/2014First time visiting. Noise level prevents conversation with out yelling. Food good but pricey, I am not a big eater and I don't feel I got my money's worth. Service good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but not worth itshellebelle920Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to Texas De' Brazil for our anniversary dinner. Everything was great, including the food. The place was a man's dream! However, after trying about 3 or 4 of the meats offered, you can't possibly eat any more. I wouldn't change a thing about the food, but my husband and I definitely didn't eat $90 worth of food. We enjoyed the dinner, but probably wouldn't go back frequently.Special Features:
- ServiceReturningSoonDined on 9/3/2014Although the food was amazing, we were most impressed with the service from our waiter, Cory, to the servers to the manager that stopped at our table. The restaurant is beautiful. We were a little disappointed that the outside seating was not open. We were told that they did not want to take a chance because of the weather, but it was a beautiful night and on a Wednesday night, the place had enough empty room that if it had started to rain, we could have easily moved inside, but all in all, the experience was amazing. We will definitely return and have already told everyone we know they have to visit the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions!CPLMORGAN3Dined on 9/3/2014My wife took us here for my birthday and to surprise me with another baby on the way! We had a very good time, and everything was top notch. Bring plenty of cash and an appetite! Everything was great, we are going to try to make it back at least once a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014THIS IS OUR SECOND EXPERIENCE AT THIS RESTAURANT, THE FOOD IS AMAZING, THE SERVICE THIS TIME AROUND WAS LACKING BECAUSE OF A SCHEDULING CONFLICT ON THE RESTAURANT'S PART, BUT THE AWESOME DISCOUNT MADE UP FOR IT! THANKS TEXAS DE BRAZIL! WE WILL BE BACK MANY TIMES TO COME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining at Texas de Brazil1happyfamilyDined on 8/30/2014I took my family to Texas de Brazil for a special occasion on Saturday, August 30th, and we had a wonderful time. The venue is delightful, the food fantastic, and the service was top quality. It was my first time at Texas de Brazil, and it was delightful. My family had dined there before and were anxious to go there again. All in all, it was a wonderful evening, as we definitely look forward to another great meal at your fine establishment.Special Features:
- YumwuduinoDined on 8/30/2014The salad buffet was excellent, many items, fresh and varied. The meat cuts were excellent, the lamb chops nicely seasoned, garlic sirloin delicious. Salty, in a good way, but the offer of less salty versions were offered, I just didn't accept.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would highly recommend!charwelshDined on 8/29/2014Saw this restaurant advertised for restaurant week, visited their website, and decided this was where I wanted to go for my birthday. Signed up for their email list and received a $25 gift certificate!. My husband I went on a Friday nite with a 6:30 p.m. reservation. Service was excellent all the way around - hostess, waitress, and meat carvers. Salad bar was out of this world - choices you don't normally see such as hearts of palm and smoked salmon. House-made ranch dressing was excellent. Meat carvers were very attentive. I recommend the house specialty meat and the skirt steak as outstanding choices. The only drawback is the high ceilings which make the restaurant loud and echoing. Will definitely return with friends/family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!PartyPigDined on 8/27/2014The food is absolutely fantastic, and any self-respecting meatlover has to try it! The pork ribs were the best I've ever had, and the leg of lamb was completely out of this world! My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and she loved the soup/salad bar, and was totally satisfied with the plethora of offerings on it. Great for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leftfullandhappyDined on 8/26/2014Great food, meat on a sword! Great service, Raymond was pro!Special Features:
- salsa stylesalsaDined on 8/24/2014Everything was great, sometimes it was a little loud to conversateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to CollegeGregDDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I took my two college-bound sons here last Friday and had a great time. The good was great and they did not skimp on bringing the filet mignon around. All the meats were great and our waiter was very attentive and recommended the sangria....fantastic with the meats.Special Features:
- New Date FavoriteJacobsPlatter2Dined on 8/22/2014We have always favored another nationally renowned steakhouse as our special occasion, "burgh," dining destination. After our experience at Texas de Brazil in Station Square, my wife and I agree that it has catapulted to the top of our list. While you never get the sense that you are rushed (and you better pace yourself), you can be eating within minutes of being seated. The explosion of flavors from the skewer options almost gives you a complex of guilt as you taste one bite while your head swivels to the next approaching gaucho carver. It was a wonderful night to remember. Happy 30th Anniversary sweetheart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodte23Dined on 8/22/2014Of course, you go here for the meat, which was great. However, the one thing that really bothered me was the water situation. First, the poorly designed water pitchers spilled water on the table every time our server filled our glasses. By the end of the meal, we had puddles all over the place. Because of the design of the pitchers, the server was resting the edge of the pitcher on each glass. Gross considering no one had straws. Might be a minor complaint but it's still uncalled for especially in a restaurant that is trying to be classy. Salad bar was also good but not great. But don't fill up on this...save your appetite for the meat.Special Features:
- very good. not quite great.daburghnatDined on 8/21/2014Some of the salad bar items are kinda bland(looking at you spicy shrimp, sauteed mushrooms), but it had a nice variety. The lobster bisque is the sort that lacks lobster chunks. The price is just over the top expensive. However the meats were all delicious. Well seasoned, perfectly cooked, and juicy. I'd go again for a special occasion, but it's too pricey for even a fancy date. P.s. be sure to wear some loose clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!JamelleDined on 8/21/2014We really enjoyed our experience! The food, service and the staff did a great job! We were completely satisfied with the entire meal and would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceYum24Dined on 8/17/2014The food was delicious. Our server was very attentive and the carvers were there when we wanted them . We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014My name is Peaslee but the reservation had Davis. Maybe you can fix it. The restaurant is too loud. The acoustics are overwhelming so we almost had to shout to be heard. The food was great and we had a good server.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jobYooieDined on 8/17/2014We were seated immediately to our table even a bit earlier that our reservation. The restaurant filled up but the service was impeccable as our server Ray, was extremely attentive to our needs explaining the process as well as pampering our requests. When going to this restaurant usually denotes the need for meat, the salad board had varying, different types of fare to accommodate anyone's cravings including soup. When we had a special request for our meet cravings, that request was filled almost immediately due to the attentiveness of the staff. Great job, we will visit again.Special Features:
- Delicious but darkvmsst287Dined on 8/16/2014I made a reservation for a group of 8 people, and the food was delicious. Overall we had an excellent experience. Our server went out of his way to get a skewer of meat for one person at our table because he had missed it. Unfortunately, the placement of our table was lacking. We were put along a wall with no lighting overhead. The darkness made it difficult for our server to pour our water glasses,and the placement of the table along a wall made it difficult for the gaucho's to access the two people in the middle seats of the table. If we had been sat at a better table, I would probably have rated a full five stars because everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week DinnerPittsburghBobFoodieDined on 8/16/2014Service was great. Anthony, our server, was very attentive. The carvers supported him. The salad - appetizer bar is exceptional. The assortment with the cheeses and meats and vegetables and soups and salads are outstanding. The Brazilian drinks with the citrus flare make the meal. The lamb chops are to kill for. Try the signature beef the taste it is unreal. The only negative is the noise level. The room is high ceilings and all the sounds bounce off the walls. And on top of all the was the special pricing for Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come hungryfood4thoughtDined on 8/16/2014An outstanding "salad" bar with everything from smoked salmon, sushi, antipasto meats and olives, to fresh greens, hearts of Palm and much more. Don't overgraze because the best is yet to come. With over a half dozen meat selections delivered to your table, you will be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Our group loved the house specialty top sirloin and the little lamb chops best, but there was not a bad choice to be made. Desserts were just average so use up your appetite on the meats and salad bar.Special Features:
- Not GreatFanofsteakDined on 8/16/2014I have been to a number of Brazialian steakhouses and Texas de Brazil was very "pretty" but did not deliver in food quality or service. Waiter was personable but very slow (desert took 33 minutes with no explanation??). He never asked to refill our drinks but the servers did refill our waters. Salad bar, one of the main parts if this experience, was weak and not well maintained. Meat taste was mediocre. Worst of all the men's room looked like it had not been cleaned for hours. We will stick with Fogo or a traditional steakhouse if we are going to spend $400.00 next time.
- Best resturantnalon11Dined on 8/16/2014Food was great I would go again the meat was cooked to perfection and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigbobDined on 8/16/2014i would recomend this to every body i no it was a great experiance i i will diffently be back again the food servers were great they kept the food coming and the waiter was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!RxJess83Dined on 8/15/2014Food was fantastic as usual, however the service this time left some to be desired. It was disappointing because I brought my family who had never been here before. It was a struggle to keep our iced tea full, he never stopped by enough, and when he did, we would see him do other stuff after we asked for more to drink, instead of bringing us something to drink. He blamed it on the restaurant wanting them to not leave tables ungreeted for too long and not make them wait, however I guess his point was that we could wait. The manager we encountered was not that much more helpful either. Not acceptable in my standards for food of this price. Other than that the experience was good.Special Features:
- ChurrascariadipageDined on 8/15/2014Always wanted to try this style of food. Really excited until we actually ate. Somehow NONE of the meats actually stood out as memorable although my favorite was the lamb chops with the homemade mint jelly. Everything just tasted the same. Great example of how quantity is never as much value as quality. The Lobster Bisque on the salad bar had great flavor but no lobster. Nothing on the salad bar stood out as fabulous either. The dressings, while homemade, were all bland tasting and lifeless. Not a horrible meal but, for the price, am very likely not going backSpecial Features:
- Unique and worth itmtlebodinerDined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week. The place us beautiful, a little had to hear, but everyone is attentive and helpful. The salad/appetizer options were gourmet and delecious. All the meat options were tasty. My one regret is that I was so full, I only tried 1/4 of the meats. Guess I have to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go again!foodismykryptoniteDined on 8/12/2014A couple girlfriends and I ate here for Restaurant Week. Can't beat the deal! The food was delicious. The restaurant opens at 5pm on week days and our reservation was for 5:15pm. There were only a couple people in the restaurant, so the guys carrying the food were able to come to our table numerous times. Once it started to get crowded, we noticed the frequency of meat slowing down. However, we had already eaten more than we could handle. I loved the little cheese rolls on the table, I've been told they are gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great good.MeatmanDined on 8/11/2014Great food, great service. Was even impressed with the salad bar. An all you can eat meat buffet. Awesome. Fried bananas and mashed potatoes were even good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Sjh0009Dined on 8/9/2014This place was expensive but so worth it! So many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing experiencemaryDined on 8/9/2014It was our first time at texas de brazil. The experience was truly amazing. We were treated like royalty. I must say every time me and my boyfriend go out to eat we are judged as soon as were sat. Out waitor was very professional and passed no judgement. Tha ambiance of the place was very relaxing. My only complaint would be that there are too many tables in the resturant so it was a little uncomfortable trying to work our way to the salad bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodRustyjm11Dined on 8/9/2014We really enjoyed this place for my dad's birthday....I have to say it is quite pricey, but the food was excellent, lots of choices. Only negative is that if you order any soda, they charge you per glass....no free refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing but excellence!!FoodmakesmehappyDined on 8/9/2014The best restaurant I've ever been to. Having that kind of selection of meats brought right to your table all night until you have to say stop is genius. The meats are cooked beautifully and seasoned perfectly. The salad bar was top notch. Overall, I would describe it as a very high end buffet, but they bring it to you. Definitely my favorite restaurant anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.