Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
240 W. Station Square Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texasdebrazil.com/
- Phone: 4122304004x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Texas de Brazil catering is perfect for your special event-whether you are hosting a wedding, graduation, business event or family get together. Let our skilled gauchos bring the Churrasco rotisserie to your event to cook and assist guests with food service. Our catering packages are available in a self-serve fashion as well as with table-side service. Restrictions may apply. Please inquire with the restaurant directly for a catering menu or additional info.
A word from Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh
Texas de Brazil is carving out a new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American “Churrascaria” or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas. Treat yourself to our 50-60 item gourmet salad area including appetizers, fresh vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As your dining experience continues, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink or steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance that is Texas de Brazil.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Texas de Brazil - Pittsburgh reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (181)good for groups (134)fit for foodies (97)romantic (57)notable wine list (45)hot spot (43)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- A++OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I LOVE meat. This place was absolutely perfect for me. Chicken legs, bacon wrapped chicken, lamb chops, filet mignon, bacon wrapped filet, wow. I don't think I was ever more full after eating there. The chocolate mousse cake for dessert topped it off perfectly as well. The service was excellent as well, no complaints there. At around $60 per person for the full dinner and a dessert, I really think the value was great and I will surely be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Great overall, but some items were too salty (seems to be an issue with Texas De Brazil nationwide)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Good food. However, the noise level is so extreme that it is difficult to hear the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning at TexasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Texas de Brazil is the place we go for special occasion. The food is excellent and the variety of meat is also amazing. Normally the service is also excellent but this time we did not get great service. I think that our server was not fully train to the normal procedures of Texas. First as we are starting dinner he brings a pile of 6 plates and leaves them on the table. He said it was to be used later. I had to ask him to remove the plates because it was bothering me. Then normally, the server brings the potato and the banana as soon as you start, again I had to remind our server to bring us the side dishes. Normally our server inquires several time during the meal if we need anything, this time our server was nowhere to be foundSpecial Features:
- Very Good!V2LODined on 10/16/2014food is excellent (minus the $45 a person). Sign up on their mailing list for occasional couponsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meat, Great Salad BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I didn't think I would eat much from the salad bar but it was not your ordinary salad bar!!!Special Features:
- Very good but needs some tweakingfoodmonsterDined on 10/15/2014Let me start by saying the overall experience was great. But there's room for improvement. We had reservations for 7:45pm. When we arrived, it wasn't crowded and we could plainly see a lot of open tables but we still had to wait about 10min. We didn't mind but what was the point of the reservation and the fact that nobody else was there waiting for a table and there were about 10-15 open tables that were ready & set for customers. Some of the meat was very salty but you could ask for unsalted meat, I would definitely go for the unsalted next time. But the waiter we had was great and the overall food was very good. The bananas foster pie is AWESOME! I would go back just for that pie alone! It is a tad overpriced but I would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Simply amazing all around from food, atmosphere , service, drinks, decor, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MAZE ZINGpal1089Dined on 10/14/2014The place overall all is put together really well. The location is great, the ambiance is good, the waiter and servers were guick and on point. The meat was served medium rare and seasoned perfectly. It was not my first time at a churrascaria but it was my first time at Texas de Brazil and it certainly won't be last.Special Features:
- FANTASTICRickTDined on 10/14/2014THE FOOD was ALL FANTASTIC ! Service was Great by All ! The Music was a little Too Loud is my only negative Comment. It would be nice if you would turn it Down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014This was our 2nd time here. Things weren't the same. Our mashed potatoes were cold and the little rolls were not baked enough so the inside was doughy. The meat was not done enough. A slice on the outside was still red on the opposite side. This couldn't be eaten by me. When I asked for well done, not many meats were brought to me and they were burnt on the edges. So this dinner that had 6 of us was expensive and not the best. I am not sure if I will be back. Thanks for listening Janet Myers 412-462-6849Special Features:
- worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014This was my second trip to texas de brazil and again it was absolutely amazing. This is my new favorite placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTexieDined on 10/13/2014The food is delicious - all of the meat was cooked to perfection, and the salad bar is fantastic. Our waitress, Danielle, was excellent. It can be a little noisy in the restaurant due to the floor plan but I would definitely recommend Texas de Brazil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for meat lovers!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Really enjoyed our meal. All of the carved meats and buffet items were tasty. Service was good. Only negative for me was the music was pretty loud on a Sunday night when the place was not really very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- e6armyguyDined on 10/11/2014great food, great atmosphere. servers were very polite. would recommend for a special occasion as the price is a little more than normal but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningSulkDined on 10/11/2014I chose Texas de Brazil for my birthday dinner because I knew it would be a great place for my fiancé and friends to celebrate with amazing food! It did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent churascariaGourmandesseDined on 10/10/2014If you are looking for a variety of quality food items to have in one dining experience, Texas de Brazil is the place to go. The salad bar is extensive and frequently refurbished, and the variety there is enough to satisfy any number of food cravings. If you add the full dinner to include the grilled meats, the experience is outstanding. Try (everything!) but especially the prime rib and lamb chops. The waitstaff is attentive and knowledgeable, making for a very lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Great FoodStickybeansDined on 10/9/2014This is definitely in my top five restaurants in Pittsburgh. Our server, the meat carvers, and even the managers, were all extremely attentive to us. My only recommendation is to not eat all day before going here, because you wont want to pass up on all the good food that comes by!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreeDined on 10/5/2014It was my first time dining at Texas de Brazil. I took my mom and grandparents for a special dinner. The ambiance is beautiful! The wait staff was very nice and accommodating. The food was delicious. I like the fact that we were able to try several different meats. I like having a variety. The sides were also good. The Brazilian Lemonada was my drink of choice, and it was excellent. The only problem is that it wasn’t explained that there were no free refills on any of their drinks, including pop. So I ended up spending $15 on 3 lemonades. I was a little upset about that. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most expensive place around.RustyDined on 10/4/2014The place is great, excellent environment and food was Ok, but the price is too high. I took my wife, my two kids and myself. we $280.00 with the tip. With that amount of money I can go to Morton's or Ruth Chris, have the best steak in town, eat like a king and still not get that high check for a group of 4 people. The wine list is over inflated. Some of the names I knew and I have some of those at home and they are not that pricey as they are at the Restaurant. For business is great, but not for families. And the salad bar is not that good. Churrascarias in Brazil have 10 times more choices at the salad bar.Special Features:
- Why We Love Texas de BrazilkatesbrazilDined on 10/3/2014Texas de Brazil is extra special to our family on a personal level. My daughter in law is Brazilian which now includes my one yr old grandson!! We love the atmosphere, the variety of foods at the most lavish salad bar, and the unique experience of having carvers deliver their specialized meat directly to our table. It only becomes a problem when we have forgotten to turn our small green disc over to red! Thank you for bringing a bit of Brazil to our home here in Pittsburgh! See you again soon. Ps.. reserving our table on line was so fun and efficient. We will use that tool again in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special peopleOlddogDined on 10/2/2014From Anthony the srever, Robin the bar tender and Stephanie the event planner, we had a most enjoyable experience. They are people orientated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go if you are hungry for meat!PamelaDined on 10/2/2014The salad bar here is great, and you can go for that reason alone. The meat - well it just keeps coming! Those gauchos just keep bringing all sorts of tasty bits around. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salad bar2good2btrueDined on 9/28/2014A great new exciting place to eat. The salad bar is an exquisite meal in itself! Great service and drink selection. I ate at the one in Aruba and returned to the Pittsburgh location. My only dislike was the dinning room noise in the Pittsburgh location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingCarolNegaDined on 9/26/2014Im from Brazil so i know what to expect from a brazilian steak house!! The service was outstanding and the food tasted like "home"... If you love meat, this is the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurant!JessDined on 9/23/2014Not only is the food absolutely amazing, they also provide gluten free bread balls made out of rice flour and gluten free fried bananas! I was very shocked when the manager told me they were gluten free! I would highly recommend this restaurant. Just make sure you go hungry because you get A LOT of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annoying.ryanfdealDined on 9/23/2014First. The food was good, not great. The leg of lamb was some of the best I have ever had, but all of the cuts of steak tasted the same. They tasted like salt, and that's it. Then the manager informed me that I couldn't use the $25 coupon that they emailed me along with a gift card! Isn't a gift card to be tendered the same as cash?? Average food paired with unexplainable policies will cause me not to go back. It will also cause me not to suggest it to friends.
- Excellent experience.MaximusDined on 9/22/2014Great food. Excellent service. Way too noisy. A little expensive for a routine dining location. Very nice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brazilian Steakhouse in town.MPJonesDined on 9/21/2014I've been here twice, both times were quite enjoyable. This most recent time was an early birthday celebration, and the entire party thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The service was impeccable, food was delicious, and everyone left feeling very satisfied (and full.) Highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys copious amounts of meat, or has been to another churrascaria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too overpriced for buffet feelAhouse87Dined on 9/21/2014Would not recommend for lge groups, way to expensive for the buffet feel, put more variety on the salad bar; for those allergic to seafood they are restricted to one side of the salad bar. And the chicken is way to dry, and the seating is too crowded. Add more meat variety too skewers.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceRestaurantsDined on 9/21/2014We have been to the Texas de Brazil in Aruba and now the one in Pittsburgh. I would highly recommend this restaurant. They have a nice salad bar and great choice of beef, pork, chicken and lamb. Upon making my reservation I noted that it was my husbands birthday and every server that came to our table wished him a Happy Birthday. You don't find that in every restaurant.Special Features:
- First timer!1stimerDined on 9/20/2014Me and my boyfriend have heard about this place, we ABSOLUTLY loved it and will definatly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant surpriseCheffyDined on 9/20/2014Wasn't expecting much as it's in a tourist trap section of town; but the food was amazing! I would definitely recommend going light with the salad/side dish bar so that you have room for the meat. Every course of meat was better than the last. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mouth watering treat!Hungrygirl16Dined on 9/20/2014The meats were cooked to perfection! They were flavorful and tender! Everything else was gravy so to speak. We were stuffed when we left. Only downside is that you must stuff yourself to feel you got your money's worth at $45/plate. Also it was disappointing that the coupon I got for signing up for email club is not good on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyNinaDined on 9/20/2014it was my first time there. Brought my husband for a birthday dinner. The atmosphere is lacking any privacy, felt like a fast food place. Food was good, drinks a bit overpriced, service pretty good, but it was so loud that we couldn't even hear our server. For $45 a person , I expected a little bit more. Not coming there for a special occasion. May come back for steaks though.Special Features:
- Unassuming but Superb CuisineJulianDined on 9/20/2014I went here for a special dinner date having only been to one other Brazilian Steakhouse and my date had never been to one before. Not only did the server brief us on the ins and outs of Steakhouse dining but she made sure we had everything we needed while giving us ample space to talk and carry on with our date. The spacing of tables seems a bit tight but the Gauchos weave in and out frequently and fluidly enough to leave you feeling like you're the only table in the house. The cuts of meat were fresh, tender and absolutely delicious, varying from chicken, lamb, pork to steak. No matter what your choice in food is, without a doubt, Texas de Brazil has something for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place I've been to in yearsSurvivors32Dined on 9/18/2014The food is delicious. It's like a 5 star buffet. If you like a wide variety of meats, this place is for you. The taste of the food was awesome.Special Features:
- nosmo79Dined on 9/18/2014Food was very good. Service was outstanding from the hostess to the servers. Salad bar was more than I expected with something to please everybody. Noise level however was quite loud not conducive to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely a Great Experience !!!!!FrankJDined on 9/15/2014This is a great place to go for a truly enjoyable evening. The restaurant is beautiful, selections plentiful and the food and service are amazing. Our server Quentin was incredible. He was very kind, and made sure that every detail was attended to. Overall a Great Experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Texas de BrazilMargieSDined on 9/15/2014Truly outstanding ambiance, food and service. Upon recommendation from family, I took my husband to the Station Square location for his birthday. It was amazing! He truly enjoyed the entire meat experience as well as the other generous salad selections. We will definitely recommend Texas de Brazil to others and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.