Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
2600 34th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 7275273335x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)good for groups (27)romantic (25)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Not what I expected.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014We just went to Texas Cattle for the first time. Cute on the inside. Minimal wine menu. Appetizer tasted like a re-fried frozen meal. Steaks were ok, it was nothing I would order again. And in the end I felt it was way too expensive considering the food and even the birthday steak. Not a good first impression.
- horrible serviceFamilydinner43Dined on 10/17/2014Food order messed up. When corrected was very blan n seemed old
- Good- could improvekillbyteDined on 10/17/2014Menu rigid / Atmosphere stuffy - Responsible for lack of crowds? If I owned this restaurant: Dining is expensive, I would add more affordable appetizers & smaller portions to draw younger crowd. People don't always want huge portions. Despite changes, I don't want salad or bread, so no value for me with no choice to omit them. Great idea adding craft beer! Stock more craft bottles. Atmosphere too oppressive, restaurant decor outdated (like your patrons) too stuffy, & too dark. Lighten up atmosphere - clear out clutter, change to lesser cowboy theme. Remove meat-exhibit case. These days, who wants to be confronted with raw animal meat or think about cows? I love TCC & want it to be successful, still the best steaks in St Pete!Special Features:
- great place for special occassionsMoonsGirlDined on 10/17/2014Food is fantastic! Great service. Definitely recommend for birthdays or anniversaries. If you leave room for dessert...you wont be disappointed. My favorite appetizer is tye country fried bacon with gravy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Was disappointed that you no longer have coconut cake. Tried the red velvet cake which was very dry.Special Features:
- WIFES BIRTHDAYstyxDined on 10/9/2014My wife's steak needed to be cooked more, other than that the food was great and good customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious Viddles!luvgreatfoodDined on 10/9/2014Texas Cattle Company is such a wonderful place to go if you enjoy scrumptious viddles & attentive service. Don't be in a hurry or you won't find the pleasure of being in their "company". We live too far away to be able to go often, but we surely do look forward to the times we can go. Texas Cattle is one of the best restaurants we have ever eaten at. You won't know what pleasure to the palate you have missed until you dine there and discover the pleasure yourself.....don't delay, go soon!Special Features:
- FantasticBirthdaygirlDined on 10/6/2014This is my annual Birthday choice, and this year it was exceptional! Best service ever and I do believe the best steak ever as wel..Special Features:
- Texas CattleSandyDined on 10/5/2014The best place for birthdays, anniversary's, out of town company. Food is always good, service is also always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RAYMONDVIPDined on 10/3/2014Entire dining was a pleasant experience with great service and friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddrea329Dined on 9/29/2014everything here was great... the drinks, food, and service! only complaint I have is that a special on the menu sounded really good to me and they said I couldn't order a special because my boyfriend was getting the free birthday steak... I even offered to pay the difference but they said I wasn't allowed. Like I said everything else was great, just kind of bummed I couldn't order what I wanted even when I offered to pay the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The steak was great, the service was terrible. The server we had was one of the worst I've experienced. I use to work in the hospitality field as a manager for 15 years and I would never employee a serve like this. The manager was no where to be found to correct the laundry list of issues we were experiencing. The bathroom was flooded and dirty and seemed that no one cares. I will be going to another steakhouse in the future. Let's face it there are thousands of other places to go for a good steak. Great food can not make up for terrible management and service!!
- GreatpetplaceDined on 9/20/2014Steaks were tasty tender and cooked perfectly. Service was excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for the best steak in the area.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!Luv2dineoutDined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner!! Outstanding food and service!! Our #1 restaurant to eat at!!!Special Features:
- Dinner At Texas Cattle CompanyChristaRDined on 9/6/2014My experience at Texas Cattle Company is ALWAYS GREAT! The food is awesome! The service staff is friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and always smiling. The restaurant is clean. I always make reservations and I never have to wait. My table is always ready. Best steaks ever! My favorite is the t-bone but I've had most of the others and they are all great as well!Special Features:
- Come often, but...BeetlejuiceLovesLydiaDined on 8/29/2014Our group grew to 9 with two children so we had to move our reservation to 9:15. We would come here often when we lived in the area and thought it would be great to return on our vacation weekend to see family. Yes, it does take some time here to prepare your food properly. Sadly, we had some bumps with our order. About 1:25 into our evening after seating our order started to trickle in. A few plates were mis-delivered, a few were under cooked and unfortunately we were missing parts of the order. When that was noticed items that should taken longer was out in minutes and, yes, undercooked. We did have a few conversations with management and were credited some of the bill. I think we'll be back, just in a much smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went if for my bithdayTweedDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went in for the first time last Friday. First impression was that it was very dark and the decor is extremely outdated. The menu has a decent selection. Pretty much what you'd expect at a steakhouse. The wine list is simple but quite adequate.The beer list is the same. Both have quality selections. The shrimp cocktail was a bit overcooked and tough and the presentation was sloppy. My wife and I both ordered the filet med rare. I also added blue cheese, mushrooms and asparagus. It was all prepared very well. We were very happy with the entrées and the peanut butter cheeskake :) The service was also pretty spot on. Overall, decent food, good service, a bit overpriced and very, very, very outdated atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terry hartlineHartlinesDined on 8/29/2014We love the birthday free dinner. It presents a time to try the rest of the menu.... And remember how outstanding the steaks are ...for times other than birthdays....so it's worth it for us and Texas Cattle Company !!!!!Special Features:
- Not worth 18% gratuity!LoveVettesDined on 8/29/2014We have gone to this restaurant for over 20 years usually to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. We still agree their steaks are the best! However we were disappointed to learn we had to pay 18% gratuity if celebrating a birthday. Before it was only for parties of 6 or more. So much for the "free" steak on your birthday. How absurd! It wasn't like we we getting top notch service either. Sorry to say we probably won't be going back again if they keep this practice in place.Special Features:
- Had betterronjDined on 8/29/2014For the last 10+ years we have loyally celebrated every family and friend birthday at the St Petersburg Texas Cattle Company because of their birthday promotion. This year was not as good as the past. The staff is very friendly but my meal was not as requested - medium is not rare. Sent it back and still not cooked properly but as others at the table were eating I stayed silent and ate my lobster then the undercooked steak. Lobster tail was too dry. Salad lacked olives. Probably will begin a new birthday tradition at another restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst birthday experienceluckyqbnDined on 8/25/2014I've been a customer of Texas Cattle Co for about 3 years with no complaints. That changed this past August 25th. In previous years I always ordered their tasty ribeye/t-bone but this year I decided to try medium 8oz filet. When the food came, I noticed right away that the filet was dry and very dark. Took one bite of the overcooked filet and could only taste the intense smoke flavor which was then replaced by a very under-cooked filet, and finally another over-smoked dry filet that I couldn't eat. I was offered a glass of wine but was charged for the cold sides that I couldn't enjoy. Paid over $160 for an embarrassing dinner that I was so looking forward to enjoy with out-of-town friends. Their response? Well, your steak was free anyways.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Very dark inside, had Texas theme, Christopher was server, Excellent. My husband ordered the filet he was pleased, he did not like the taste of the lobster, but it was huge, I ordered the Sirloin steak, flavor was very good but I had to fight to cut it, I ordered it medium, maybe I should of gotten it medium well. I had better steaks not impressed. bottomless house salad, very good, came in a bowl instead of a plate which was easier to eat out of. Cheesy bread was very good. Pricing was beyond fair for a steak house. Service from the time we walked in was great, Very clean place. Would go back but I would order the filet instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the steakDudeDined on 8/23/2014The streak is to die for! Best in my life! The flavor is put off this world and cooked perfectly to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BeefFloridaFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014I'm a steak lover and a bit jaded when it comes to my expectations, so I have to admit that I went in expecting an average meal. It was so far above my expectations, it is hard to put it into words. Summary: Go. Order the large filet, medium rare. Throw rocks at 97% of all the steakhouses you've eaten in. Outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Love, love, love this place-we come here often and have never been disappointed. We will continue to come here for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakStPeteMikeDined on 8/15/2014Food was tasty and cooked properly. The chocolate cake for dessert was way overpriced at $10.95Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDanbucsfanDined on 8/8/2014The service was extremely slow. Steak was just ok. Salads and bread were good.
- Nice dinner, good service but warmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Upon arrival we were immediately sat, our server asked for our drinks and if we were celebrating any event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) We mentioned we were not but were looking forward to a relaxing date night. She understood and did not rush us with orders or the check. Unfortunately, as more guest started to arrive and be seated the room became very warm. On the way to the facilities, I mentioned it to management and they adjusted the thermostat however it was already warm and would take a while to cool off so we asked for the check and departed. All in all it was a pleasant date night, just a little warm at the end.
- MickiDined on 8/8/2014My fiance and I (sometimes a group of friends) typically celebrate our special annual occasions at this restaurant. The service and ambiance is always pleasant; however, I must say we were not as happy with the quality of the food this time. Something has changed in quality and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGardenDined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated our birthday's at Texas Cattle Co. For over 20 years. The food was still very good. But, the service was very poor. I don't mind paying 18% gratuity, but I still should receive good service. The changes with the birthday dinner, were not very customer friendly. thank-you!Special Features:
- Excellent,GriffDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time there and we will definitely return, it was a special birthday dinner and everyone was very satisfy end with their meal.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 8/3/2014I always enjoy going to texas cattle for dinner on my birth day, I was not to fond of the way they have changed there birthday meal selection. and force you to pay a big tip.Special Features:
- Excellent food and value!johnjDined on 8/1/2014We went to Texas Cattle Company for my husband's birthday. His dinner was free with his driver's license ! The steaks were cooked to perfection. The salad was great and all you can eat. But that bread! Their bread is a cheesy garlic bread with a crispy crust and soft warm center. Absolutely the best ever! Excellent service and a nice wine list. A great steakhouse and great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDmb311Dined on 7/31/2014Our host seated is immediately, the server was warm and welcoming and quick to point out the specials and selections of beers, even recommended one that we actually ended up not getting, but was still nice to have that offered. Will come back again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i was expectingMamaInFlipFlopsDined on 7/31/2014We were a bit off taken with the waiting area. It reminded us of an old haunted house you'd see in a movie. The ambiance inside was much more comfortable. I expected exceptional service, given the prices we were paying. That's not what we got. Our waiter was very busy, took 10 min. to greet our table, then, another long wait for our drinks to arrive. It was our first time there, so i had a few questions that i had to hurrily ask one at a time, while my server quickly swung by our table, before she ran off not to be seen again for another 10-20 minutes. About half way through our meal we suddenly had a fantastic server who was on top of taking care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesanbardiningDined on 7/31/2014We dined at Texas CC for my husband's birthday and the free birthday steak offer. It has now been downgraded to a Strip Steak instead of the T-Bone they used to offer. In the past you were able to upgrade and pay the difference for the Porterhouse. You can no longer upgrade to the Porterhouse which was rather disappointing. Not sure I understand their logic in that since you pay the difference. The steaks were cooked to order but tasted very salty. The wine list was also a disappointment. Not as many choices as before. The one gem of the evening was our waitress. She was very helpful, friendly and made our visit a pleasure in spite of the disappointments mentioned above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpchargeshellsDined on 7/29/2014Our waitress was wonderful and checked with us during dinner. When we received the bill we noticed the "free" birthday steak was $34.50 and not $26.95 like we were told. We were given a choice of 4 different steaks to choose from and we chose the Rib eye steak. We were not told about the upcharge in any way for the steak. The waitress made it sound like we have a choice of 4 different steaks at the same price. The food and service was great, we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!CountrygirlDined on 7/24/2014Very accomodating for a birthday dinner for six! Steaks just keep getting better and always enjoy the all you can eat salad. So yummy!Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedLouisvilleWaltDined on 7/22/2014The menu has changed from when we were in town last year. It seems smaller, lacks the cow girl which was the favorite of the women, and is definitely pricier. The steaks were excellent however. The bread was wonderful, the salads seemed wilted and the potato wedges were burnt on the bottom. Our server was excellent. Our party of six included a teen and a pre-teen and she did a good job of keeping everyone's drinks filled. The kids ordered cheeseburgers but didn't like the wedges at all. Others at the complex we're staying at mentioned that they missed the steak sharing option listed in the previous menu. Four people ordered steaks and the bill with tax and 20% tip was around 175.00.Special Features:
- suebDined on 7/19/2014I was surprised to find the best french onion soup I have had. There is a special flavor added that is fantastic. The salad with house dressing was great, just to find out it is bottomless. Our filet was cooked perfect at medium rare. The waitress was extremely helpful and friendly especially as this was our first visit. We will definitely return.Special Features: