Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
2600 34th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 7275273335
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (62)good for groups (32)romantic (27)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Love, love, love this place-we come here often and have never been disappointed. We will continue to come here for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakStPeteMikeDined on 8/15/2014Food was tasty and cooked properly. The chocolate cake for dessert was way overpriced at $10.95Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDanbucsfanDined on 8/8/2014The service was extremely slow. Steak was just ok. Salads and bread were good.
- Nice dinner, good service but warmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Upon arrival we were immediately sat, our server asked for our drinks and if we were celebrating any event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) We mentioned we were not but were looking forward to a relaxing date night. She understood and did not rush us with orders or the check. Unfortunately, as more guest started to arrive and be seated the room became very warm. On the way to the facilities, I mentioned it to management and they adjusted the thermostat however it was already warm and would take a while to cool off so we asked for the check and departed. All in all it was a pleasant date night, just a little warm at the end.
- MickiDined on 8/8/2014My fiance and I (sometimes a group of friends) typically celebrate our special annual occasions at this restaurant. The service and ambiance is always pleasant; however, I must say we were not as happy with the quality of the food this time. Something has changed in quality and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGardenDined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated our birthday's at Texas Cattle Co. For over 20 years. The food was still very good. But, the service was very poor. I don't mind paying 18% gratuity, but I still should receive good service. The changes with the birthday dinner, were not very customer friendly. thank-you!Special Features:
- Excellent,GriffDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time there and we will definitely return, it was a special birthday dinner and everyone was very satisfy end with their meal.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 8/3/2014I always enjoy going to texas cattle for dinner on my birth day, I was not to fond of the way they have changed there birthday meal selection. and force you to pay a big tip.Special Features:
- Excellent food and value!johnjDined on 8/1/2014We went to Texas Cattle Company for my husband's birthday. His dinner was free with his driver's license ! The steaks were cooked to perfection. The salad was great and all you can eat. But that bread! Their bread is a cheesy garlic bread with a crispy crust and soft warm center. Absolutely the best ever! Excellent service and a nice wine list. A great steakhouse and great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDmb311Dined on 7/31/2014Our host seated is immediately, the server was warm and welcoming and quick to point out the specials and selections of beers, even recommended one that we actually ended up not getting, but was still nice to have that offered. Will come back again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i was expectingMamaInFlipFlopsDined on 7/31/2014We were a bit off taken with the waiting area. It reminded us of an old haunted house you'd see in a movie. The ambiance inside was much more comfortable. I expected exceptional service, given the prices we were paying. That's not what we got. Our waiter was very busy, took 10 min. to greet our table, then, another long wait for our drinks to arrive. It was our first time there, so i had a few questions that i had to hurrily ask one at a time, while my server quickly swung by our table, before she ran off not to be seen again for another 10-20 minutes. About half way through our meal we suddenly had a fantastic server who was on top of taking care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesanbardiningDined on 7/31/2014We dined at Texas CC for my husband's birthday and the free birthday steak offer. It has now been downgraded to a Strip Steak instead of the T-Bone they used to offer. In the past you were able to upgrade and pay the difference for the Porterhouse. You can no longer upgrade to the Porterhouse which was rather disappointing. Not sure I understand their logic in that since you pay the difference. The steaks were cooked to order but tasted very salty. The wine list was also a disappointment. Not as many choices as before. The one gem of the evening was our waitress. She was very helpful, friendly and made our visit a pleasure in spite of the disappointments mentioned above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpchargeshellsDined on 7/29/2014Our waitress was wonderful and checked with us during dinner. When we received the bill we noticed the "free" birthday steak was $34.50 and not $26.95 like we were told. We were given a choice of 4 different steaks to choose from and we chose the Rib eye steak. We were not told about the upcharge in any way for the steak. The waitress made it sound like we have a choice of 4 different steaks at the same price. The food and service was great, we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!CountrygirlDined on 7/24/2014Very accomodating for a birthday dinner for six! Steaks just keep getting better and always enjoy the all you can eat salad. So yummy!Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedLouisvilleWaltDined on 7/22/2014The menu has changed from when we were in town last year. It seems smaller, lacks the cow girl which was the favorite of the women, and is definitely pricier. The steaks were excellent however. The bread was wonderful, the salads seemed wilted and the potato wedges were burnt on the bottom. Our server was excellent. Our party of six included a teen and a pre-teen and she did a good job of keeping everyone's drinks filled. The kids ordered cheeseburgers but didn't like the wedges at all. Others at the complex we're staying at mentioned that they missed the steak sharing option listed in the previous menu. Four people ordered steaks and the bill with tax and 20% tip was around 175.00.Special Features:
- suebDined on 7/19/2014I was surprised to find the best french onion soup I have had. There is a special flavor added that is fantastic. The salad with house dressing was great, just to find out it is bottomless. Our filet was cooked perfect at medium rare. The waitress was extremely helpful and friendly especially as this was our first visit. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good DiningAmrenDined on 7/17/2014We had a family get together dinner at this restaurant. Most of the family members wanted steak so we decided to go to Texas Cattle Company. We had not been here in many years. The food was very good! The proportions were more than adequate. Our waitress was great! My son had 5 refills of tea, our waitress was so accommodating. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York StripOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Went for my birthday. Had the New York Strip and it was cooked perfectly Medium. Tons of flavor. Baked Potato was outstanding. Also had Triple Chocolate Cake and it was amazing. Server was very professional and recommended a horseradish sauce for the steak that was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRTNOLEDined on 7/6/2014Drove down from Clearwater to the restaurant; sort of a "in-between-er" type location. Food was really good! Had the Salmon, which was excellent. Super large dinner salad. Great beer and wine selection. The monkey bread dessert was a great ending to a great meal.
- Save your bucks cowboy!SterlingDined on 7/5/2014Over-salted, over priced, overly gristled steaks. Potato is EXTRA. Oh PLEEEEZE. Definitely not worth the money. Better steaks can be purchased at the Winn-Dixie.
- bad Birthday for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This was once a place I would tell everyone about now I won't bother I will share the fact that the prices are outlandish and not comparable to any other steak house and the serving amount it ridiculous on the gator for what you are charging for it as is the escargot , service it was sad we had a waiter who was telling us how he had been there 7 years, hmm he must be getting tired of his duties or better yet he knows it doesn't matter how he performs his duties he still gets a ridiculous 18% from me any way and there were only two in my party. when I asked for a couple more pieces of garlic bread for my escargot they arrived during my second order and it was a basket full and I was charged $5.00 and wasn't told about it. It was on my billSpecial Features:
- Excellent serviceWats35789Dined on 7/5/2014The service was outstanding! Overall the food was good. However, my filet was over cooked. I would venture to say that without Andres our waiter our visit would not have been as good. Andres made our visit for my birthday very satisfying. Cudo's to Andres, and to the owners for hiring him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love This PlaceMoniMTampaDined on 7/2/2014I made reservations here for my birthday and the experience was wonderful. I would recommend this place to everyone that I know. I'm also planning to visit again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdindin1Dined on 6/27/2014steak best around...sides were pricey for serving size..appetizer list is okay...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisementBdayspecialfailDined on 6/25/2014I went there because I heard of their Birthday promotion for free steak. When mentioned by the waitress, She stated I had 3 options, the most expensive being 34.50. I was told if I purchased an entree of equal or greater value the other was free. So of course I went with the most expensive. The food was okay, too priceY. The waitress was nice, but could've been better. When I received the bill, I was only discounted 26.95 from bday special. When mentioned to waitress she brought manager over and he stated rudely that's the promo and he couldn't do anything he apologized for the miscommunication. Stated it was specified for 26.95 and couldn't be fixed. After going back and forth and proving it wasn't specified, we got the dessert removedSpecial Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/23/2014Excellent steaks. Outstanding value for money. Service and food always up to par.Special Features:
- rwr36Dined on 6/23/2014My favorite place for steak! The food is always good and great place to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and Great ServiceClearwaterGeorgeDined on 6/22/2014When my wife and I want a good steak, the Texas Cattle Co is our first choice. Always a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDudeDined on 6/13/2014Best food, especially the steak, that I have ever had in my life!!Special Features:
- Special Occasion Dining13579Dined on 6/11/2014Texas Cattle Company in St. Petersburg is not in the same league as Bern's Steakhouse...but who is? Perhaps it's not a fair comparison. If the price of the meals at TCC was 10% - 15% cheaper, I'd be more enthusiastic. The food is not bad, but the ambiance of the restaurant is lacking. And, what's up with the subdued lighting? It was too dark. At least, allow the patrons some control over the lighting at each individual table. I would recommend TCC for birthday's because of the free steak offer. Otherwise, it's a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great deal for birthdaybigdaddyDined on 6/10/2014The steaks are the best I have ever tasted. My wife's was undercooked. The restaurant needs an upgrade. There is a dingy green hue to the lighting. The service was polite but not over the top in terms of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousHermDined on 6/8/2014Excellent steaks and fantastic service. Great birthday special and the Sunday filet special is a very good deal. The chicken fried bacon app is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat4funDined on 6/7/2014Too pricey for the location, would rather spend my money at a restaurant with ambience and more menu selections
- Steak is Facebook WorthyEMPSDined on 6/6/2014I posted a picture of my steak on Facebook. I posted the stages of my steak on Facebook: 1) Eating at Texas Cattle, 2) Steak and eggs the next morning, and 3) My dog in my backyard enjoying the bone! If Texas Cattle sold T-shirts, I would totally wear one! Thank you.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Food was very good. I thought the buy one, get one free dinner was a very good valueSpecial Features:
- AmbianceTotallyfilled2Dined on 5/30/2014The meal and service were excellent-Way above average. My only complaint would be the dimness of the lighting. So dim that the waitpeople had to use flashlights at the table. Not a good situation especially for seniors who might have limited vision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerNewo2uDined on 5/25/2014We found the staff to be friendly AND knowledgeable. The food was excellent. It is cooked the way you request and has great flavor. This year we went on Sunday for the $15.99 filet. My wife loved it. There is just something about food cooked over a wood fire. I went out on a limb and tried the pork chops. Flavorful and juicy. I has some leftovers a day later and was able to cut it with a plastic knife. We will be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningSteakloverDined on 5/24/2014Upon arriving we were lead to a window seat near the back, but I preferred a booth, that was not a problem. Our table was just the right size with just the right amount of lighting which made the ambiance perfect. Our waiter was lively and friendly and on the ball. The food was better than we remembered from the last time, I think they might have changed the salad, either way it was most awesome. We both were there for the Porterhouse and it did not disappoint. Smashed potatoes were excellent as well. We both had the Blue Rose.. big enough to share (but we each had our own).. mighty yummy! It was a great date night for my husband and I, just as good as always. If you love a great steak, you will not be sorry you came here..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDhick30yearsDined on 5/20/2014We chose your restaurant to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Great choice!! Everything we ordered was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodjobtwerkmasterDined on 5/18/2014So far everything was perfect I will certainly be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.