Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
2600 34th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33713Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 7275273335
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Texas Cattle Company - St Petersburg, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (60)good for groups (27)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014everything here was great... the drinks, food, and service! only complaint I have is that a special on the menu sounded really good to me and they said I couldn't order a special because my boyfriend was getting the free birthday steak... I even offered to pay the difference but they said I wasn't allowed. Like I said everything else was great, just kind of bummed I couldn't order what I wanted even when I offered to pay the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The steak was great, the service was terrible. The server we had was one of the worst I've experienced. I use to work in the hospitality field as a manager for 15 years and I would never employee a serve like this. The manager was no where to be found to correct the laundry list of issues we were experiencing. The bathroom was flooded and dirty and seemed that no one cares. I will be going to another steakhouse in the future. Let's face it there are thousands of other places to go for a good steak. Great food can not make up for terrible management and service!!
- GreatpetplaceDined on 9/20/2014Steaks were tasty tender and cooked perfectly. Service was excellent. Would recommend to anyone looking for the best steak in the area.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!Luv2dineoutDined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner!! Outstanding food and service!! Our #1 restaurant to eat at!!!Special Features:
- Dinner At Texas Cattle CompanyChristaRDined on 9/6/2014My experience at Texas Cattle Company is ALWAYS GREAT! The food is awesome! The service staff is friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and always smiling. The restaurant is clean. I always make reservations and I never have to wait. My table is always ready. Best steaks ever! My favorite is the t-bone but I've had most of the others and they are all great as well!Special Features:
- Come often, but...BeetlejuiceLovesLydiaDined on 8/29/2014Our group grew to 9 with two children so we had to move our reservation to 9:15. We would come here often when we lived in the area and thought it would be great to return on our vacation weekend to see family. Yes, it does take some time here to prepare your food properly. Sadly, we had some bumps with our order. About 1:25 into our evening after seating our order started to trickle in. A few plates were mis-delivered, a few were under cooked and unfortunately we were missing parts of the order. When that was noticed items that should taken longer was out in minutes and, yes, undercooked. We did have a few conversations with management and were credited some of the bill. I think we'll be back, just in a much smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went if for my bithdayTweedDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went in for the first time last Friday. First impression was that it was very dark and the decor is extremely outdated. The menu has a decent selection. Pretty much what you'd expect at a steakhouse. The wine list is simple but quite adequate.The beer list is the same. Both have quality selections. The shrimp cocktail was a bit overcooked and tough and the presentation was sloppy. My wife and I both ordered the filet med rare. I also added blue cheese, mushrooms and asparagus. It was all prepared very well. We were very happy with the entrées and the peanut butter cheeskake :) The service was also pretty spot on. Overall, decent food, good service, a bit overpriced and very, very, very outdated atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terry hartlineHartlinesDined on 8/29/2014We love the birthday free dinner. It presents a time to try the rest of the menu.... And remember how outstanding the steaks are ...for times other than birthdays....so it's worth it for us and Texas Cattle Company !!!!!Special Features:
- Not worth 18% gratuity!LoveVettesDined on 8/29/2014We have gone to this restaurant for over 20 years usually to celebrate anniversaries and birthdays. We still agree their steaks are the best! However we were disappointed to learn we had to pay 18% gratuity if celebrating a birthday. Before it was only for parties of 6 or more. So much for the "free" steak on your birthday. How absurd! It wasn't like we we getting top notch service either. Sorry to say we probably won't be going back again if they keep this practice in place.Special Features:
- Had betterronjDined on 8/29/2014For the last 10+ years we have loyally celebrated every family and friend birthday at the St Petersburg Texas Cattle Company because of their birthday promotion. This year was not as good as the past. The staff is very friendly but my meal was not as requested - medium is not rare. Sent it back and still not cooked properly but as others at the table were eating I stayed silent and ate my lobster then the undercooked steak. Lobster tail was too dry. Salad lacked olives. Probably will begin a new birthday tradition at another restaurant.Special Features:
- Worst birthday experienceluckyqbnDined on 8/25/2014I've been a customer of Texas Cattle Co for about 3 years with no complaints. That changed this past August 25th. In previous years I always ordered their tasty ribeye/t-bone but this year I decided to try medium 8oz filet. When the food came, I noticed right away that the filet was dry and very dark. Took one bite of the overcooked filet and could only taste the intense smoke flavor which was then replaced by a very under-cooked filet, and finally another over-smoked dry filet that I couldn't eat. I was offered a glass of wine but was charged for the cold sides that I couldn't enjoy. Paid over $160 for an embarrassing dinner that I was so looking forward to enjoy with out-of-town friends. Their response? Well, your steak was free anyways.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Very dark inside, had Texas theme, Christopher was server, Excellent. My husband ordered the filet he was pleased, he did not like the taste of the lobster, but it was huge, I ordered the Sirloin steak, flavor was very good but I had to fight to cut it, I ordered it medium, maybe I should of gotten it medium well. I had better steaks not impressed. bottomless house salad, very good, came in a bowl instead of a plate which was easier to eat out of. Cheesy bread was very good. Pricing was beyond fair for a steak house. Service from the time we walked in was great, Very clean place. Would go back but I would order the filet instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the steakDudeDined on 8/23/2014The streak is to die for! Best in my life! The flavor is put off this world and cooked perfectly to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent BeefFloridaFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2014I'm a steak lover and a bit jaded when it comes to my expectations, so I have to admit that I went in expecting an average meal. It was so far above my expectations, it is hard to put it into words. Summary: Go. Order the large filet, medium rare. Throw rocks at 97% of all the steakhouses you've eaten in. Outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Love, love, love this place-we come here often and have never been disappointed. We will continue to come here for many years to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steakStPeteMikeDined on 8/15/2014Food was tasty and cooked properly. The chocolate cake for dessert was way overpriced at $10.95Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDanbucsfanDined on 8/8/2014The service was extremely slow. Steak was just ok. Salads and bread were good.
- Nice dinner, good service but warmOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014Upon arrival we were immediately sat, our server asked for our drinks and if we were celebrating any event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) We mentioned we were not but were looking forward to a relaxing date night. She understood and did not rush us with orders or the check. Unfortunately, as more guest started to arrive and be seated the room became very warm. On the way to the facilities, I mentioned it to management and they adjusted the thermostat however it was already warm and would take a while to cool off so we asked for the check and departed. All in all it was a pleasant date night, just a little warm at the end.
- MickiDined on 8/8/2014My fiance and I (sometimes a group of friends) typically celebrate our special annual occasions at this restaurant. The service and ambiance is always pleasant; however, I must say we were not as happy with the quality of the food this time. Something has changed in quality and flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedGardenDined on 8/8/2014We have celebrated our birthday's at Texas Cattle Co. For over 20 years. The food was still very good. But, the service was very poor. I don't mind paying 18% gratuity, but I still should receive good service. The changes with the birthday dinner, were not very customer friendly. thank-you!Special Features:
- Excellent,GriffDined on 8/5/2014This was our first time there and we will definitely return, it was a special birthday dinner and everyone was very satisfy end with their meal.Special Features:
- Great Birthday dinnerbirthdaygirlDined on 8/3/2014I always enjoy going to texas cattle for dinner on my birth day, I was not to fond of the way they have changed there birthday meal selection. and force you to pay a big tip.Special Features:
- Excellent food and value!johnjDined on 8/1/2014We went to Texas Cattle Company for my husband's birthday. His dinner was free with his driver's license ! The steaks were cooked to perfection. The salad was great and all you can eat. But that bread! Their bread is a cheesy garlic bread with a crispy crust and soft warm center. Absolutely the best ever! Excellent service and a nice wine list. A great steakhouse and great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceDmb311Dined on 7/31/2014Our host seated is immediately, the server was warm and welcoming and quick to point out the specials and selections of beers, even recommended one that we actually ended up not getting, but was still nice to have that offered. Will come back again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i was expectingMamaInFlipFlopsDined on 7/31/2014We were a bit off taken with the waiting area. It reminded us of an old haunted house you'd see in a movie. The ambiance inside was much more comfortable. I expected exceptional service, given the prices we were paying. That's not what we got. Our waiter was very busy, took 10 min. to greet our table, then, another long wait for our drinks to arrive. It was our first time there, so i had a few questions that i had to hurrily ask one at a time, while my server quickly swung by our table, before she ran off not to be seen again for another 10-20 minutes. About half way through our meal we suddenly had a fantastic server who was on top of taking care of our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesanbardiningDined on 7/31/2014We dined at Texas CC for my husband's birthday and the free birthday steak offer. It has now been downgraded to a Strip Steak instead of the T-Bone they used to offer. In the past you were able to upgrade and pay the difference for the Porterhouse. You can no longer upgrade to the Porterhouse which was rather disappointing. Not sure I understand their logic in that since you pay the difference. The steaks were cooked to order but tasted very salty. The wine list was also a disappointment. Not as many choices as before. The one gem of the evening was our waitress. She was very helpful, friendly and made our visit a pleasure in spite of the disappointments mentioned above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpchargeshellsDined on 7/29/2014Our waitress was wonderful and checked with us during dinner. When we received the bill we noticed the "free" birthday steak was $34.50 and not $26.95 like we were told. We were given a choice of 4 different steaks to choose from and we chose the Rib eye steak. We were not told about the upcharge in any way for the steak. The waitress made it sound like we have a choice of 4 different steaks at the same price. The food and service was great, we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!CountrygirlDined on 7/24/2014Very accomodating for a birthday dinner for six! Steaks just keep getting better and always enjoy the all you can eat salad. So yummy!Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedLouisvilleWaltDined on 7/22/2014The menu has changed from when we were in town last year. It seems smaller, lacks the cow girl which was the favorite of the women, and is definitely pricier. The steaks were excellent however. The bread was wonderful, the salads seemed wilted and the potato wedges were burnt on the bottom. Our server was excellent. Our party of six included a teen and a pre-teen and she did a good job of keeping everyone's drinks filled. The kids ordered cheeseburgers but didn't like the wedges at all. Others at the complex we're staying at mentioned that they missed the steak sharing option listed in the previous menu. Four people ordered steaks and the bill with tax and 20% tip was around 175.00.Special Features:
- suebDined on 7/19/2014I was surprised to find the best french onion soup I have had. There is a special flavor added that is fantastic. The salad with house dressing was great, just to find out it is bottomless. Our filet was cooked perfect at medium rare. The waitress was extremely helpful and friendly especially as this was our first visit. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good DiningAmrenDined on 7/17/2014We had a family get together dinner at this restaurant. Most of the family members wanted steak so we decided to go to Texas Cattle Company. We had not been here in many years. The food was very good! The proportions were more than adequate. Our waitress was great! My son had 5 refills of tea, our waitress was so accommodating. I would definitely go back to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New York StripOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Went for my birthday. Had the New York Strip and it was cooked perfectly Medium. Tons of flavor. Baked Potato was outstanding. Also had Triple Chocolate Cake and it was amazing. Server was very professional and recommended a horseradish sauce for the steak that was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindRTNOLEDined on 7/6/2014Drove down from Clearwater to the restaurant; sort of a "in-between-er" type location. Food was really good! Had the Salmon, which was excellent. Super large dinner salad. Great beer and wine selection. The monkey bread dessert was a great ending to a great meal.
- Save your bucks cowboy!SterlingDined on 7/5/2014Over-salted, over priced, overly gristled steaks. Potato is EXTRA. Oh PLEEEEZE. Definitely not worth the money. Better steaks can be purchased at the Winn-Dixie.
- bad Birthday for me.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014This was once a place I would tell everyone about now I won't bother I will share the fact that the prices are outlandish and not comparable to any other steak house and the serving amount it ridiculous on the gator for what you are charging for it as is the escargot , service it was sad we had a waiter who was telling us how he had been there 7 years, hmm he must be getting tired of his duties or better yet he knows it doesn't matter how he performs his duties he still gets a ridiculous 18% from me any way and there were only two in my party. when I asked for a couple more pieces of garlic bread for my escargot they arrived during my second order and it was a basket full and I was charged $5.00 and wasn't told about it. It was on my billSpecial Features:
- Excellent serviceWats35789Dined on 7/5/2014The service was outstanding! Overall the food was good. However, my filet was over cooked. I would venture to say that without Andres our waiter our visit would not have been as good. Andres made our visit for my birthday very satisfying. Cudo's to Andres, and to the owners for hiring him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love This PlaceMoniMTampaDined on 7/2/2014I made reservations here for my birthday and the experience was wonderful. I would recommend this place to everyone that I know. I'm also planning to visit again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerdindin1Dined on 6/27/2014steak best around...sides were pricey for serving size..appetizer list is okay...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisementBdayspecialfailDined on 6/25/2014I went there because I heard of their Birthday promotion for free steak. When mentioned by the waitress, She stated I had 3 options, the most expensive being 34.50. I was told if I purchased an entree of equal or greater value the other was free. So of course I went with the most expensive. The food was okay, too priceY. The waitress was nice, but could've been better. When I received the bill, I was only discounted 26.95 from bday special. When mentioned to waitress she brought manager over and he stated rudely that's the promo and he couldn't do anything he apologized for the miscommunication. Stated it was specified for 26.95 and couldn't be fixed. After going back and forth and proving it wasn't specified, we got the dessert removedSpecial Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/23/2014Excellent steaks. Outstanding value for money. Service and food always up to par.Special Features: