Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
735 E Main St
Lakeland, FL 33801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: (863) 686-1434
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering from parties of 20 to 3500
A word from Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland - Best Restaurants in Lakeland ›
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)good for groups (73)neighborhood gem (57)fit for foodies (53)romantic (44)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (21)hot spot (19)notable wine list (18)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Great food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2014I know it shouldn't be too much to ask - for a steakhouse to have good steks & cook them properly - but I've fount that many times that just isn't the case. Here though, they KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING, and they do it well. Add in a comfortable setting and friendly staff and you have a great restaurant. We will be back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightSatisfactoryDined on 11/22/2014We ordered the porterhouse and split. The service and food was on point! We ordered several sides and I would recommend the sautéed mushrooms and steak fries. We also had their escargot which I thought was fabulous and highly recommend as an appetizer. What a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service left alot to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014The food was good, no argument there. Once we were seated it took at least 15 minutes for the server to approach our table and take our drink orders and then overall the service was just extremely slow throughout the rest of our dinner. Not to mention we had to ask for break, steak knives etc, Hopefully next time we will get a better waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The atmosphere was very good and the staff was excellent. Our steaks were cooked wrong but they did remake them. One steak was still overcooked the second time but the rest of the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Food, Better Staff!GoodTimesDiningDined on 11/15/2014We were a party of 6, I had the filet beef tips cooked perfect and delicious, two people had the lobster and filet, which was great, two others had the cowboy steak cooked perfect and huge, the last person had the 8oz filet which was huge. With that said the meat portions are very large but at the same time flavorful. The staff from the time you walk in are very attentive and on top of their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FANTASTICWeddingdesignerDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I went for her birthday and have been there many, many times. Always friendly, service impeccable and the food, "c'est magnificique!!!!!!! " Will continue to go there for all my beef cravings. Oh, and definitely have the garlic potato chips with bleu cheese. Our server, Josh W. was terrific and always on top of our dinner and beverage glasses. I own a wedding design company and will be reaching out to partner with the Texas Cattle Company for receptions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-Fl residents not welcomeLuvSpringersDined on 11/10/2014This use to be our favorite "go to" dining spot. We live in a snowbird community in central FL and we have had many Birthday celebrations at Texas Cattle Company. Usually a group of 8-10 of us (no one is a FL resident) and we have never had a problem taking advantage of the Birthday special with proof it was the persons birthday, always with an out of state drivers license. Monday (11/10) was my wife's B-day.We were asked if we were celebrating anything, told the waitress that yes we had a B-day and showed her KY drivers license. Told it must be a FL license. Explained that in Apr we celebrated my B-day with no problems. Bottom line, lg group no problem. 2, forget it. My KY money spends, but out of state residents not welcome.Special Features:
- "Steak" a claim in LakelandFLMACDined on 11/9/2014We take family here when they are visiting. No one leaves hungry. EVERY SINLE ONE OF THEM LOOOOVES THIS PLACE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs lighting, Where's the Shrimp?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014Been there several times but this time was like eating in the dark. Where is the Shrimp Cocktail?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!TxcattlecoDined on 11/8/2014We were very disappointed with the food. I had a t-bone, so we had already taken the bone off. Cut into it and it was very rare. So, we sent it back to get cooked through some more. They lost the steak in the kitchen and it remained on the stove until it was burnt. So, they put a new steak on. It didn't get back to me until my entire party had finished eating. It only took 40 minutes to get to me, after our dinner arrived. The manager even came over to apologize, but it was like he was blaming it on us for taking the bone off. She didn't fill up our waters for a long time. A1 bottle was empty, so we asked for a new one and it was empty, too. No money was taken off of our bill. It was so disappointing and we won't be back.
- declining quality increasing pricesDinesoutoftenDined on 11/7/2014Prices have gone up and quality has gone down. Used to be one of our favorites but I doubt if we'll be back anytime soon. Waiter was great at first but started to wait on a large party and dropped us. Someone from the kitchen finally delivered our food. we were seated right away but it seems their business has fallen off. They used to be packed on Friday nights.Special Features:
- Special Occasion? Move to back...2CaManAboutaHorseDined on 11/5/2014Thought it was odd that we were seated at the back of the restaurant, totally alone. We walked by so many open tables. We made an inquiry, but no change was made. The food was good; lobster tails were tender, moist and tasty. The twin bacon-wrapped fillets were too bacon-flavored: so much so we had to remove it. The fillet tasted good. The mashed redskins were delicious, while the texas fries were probably left too long in the fryer. Spouse ate them anyway. The insides of the almost-chocolate colored fries were good. (They looked burnt to me.) Service was attentive; we had a trainee that was trying very hard to please us. The team did fine, service wise. Over all, a good experience. We'd still go back, but not frequent.
- LoursLoursDined on 11/5/2014It isn't avant garde; it is an above average steak for a good price.Special Features:
- LeonDined on 11/4/2014Food tasty but was disappointed in the manner the steaks are being cut (filet part of Texas Cow Girl was sliced thin and the steak section was thick, causing the filet to be overcooked). We had an exceptional waitress, good service, great attitude, a plus to your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lkldnativeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Awesome dining experience! Excellent service & atmosphere. Been in Lakeland my entire life and this is one of my favorite places to dine. NEVER had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always is excellentmjadiningDined on 11/2/2014Best deal in central Florida! Service is great. Drinks are great. Bread is excellent. Keep up the good everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it ain't broke don't fix it!LisaPogioDined on 11/1/2014An emailed request to have some garlic blue cheese potato chips brought to our table as soon as possible after we were seated was answered with the chips upon seating! We brought friends with us who had not been to TCC before. They loved it and we had a great evening. My husband and the other gentleman both ordered rib eyes but cooked to different temperatures. The two plates were switched inadvertently. When our server found out she took them both back and brought back two freshly cooked ones. The manager checked later to make sure we were all happy. Two cuts of rib eye are on the menu now. The cattle baron is the one to order. The smaller cut is thin and can be tough. HIGHLY recommend the cattle baron rib eye and TCC!Special Features:
- Special Birthday night blownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I made this reservation for my fiance's birthday (free birthday meal and a happy birthday chorus on your birthday). Not only did I provide detailed notes about his birthday in the Open Table reservation but also mentioned it to the waitress when we arrived. Three others were sang happy birthday to but never him. I also waited a half hour just for a drink and had to ask 2 waiters if I could please get my drink. Once the bill came I reminded them he was entitled to a free meal on his birthday and that I hadmade the first waitress aware when we sat down and also noted on my online reservation. There was no last minute Happy Birthday chorus ever came just a corrected check.....not even revised to full bday discount value.Special Features:
- Great experience!BradbDined on 10/30/2014Waiting for the rest of our party was happily accomplished in the bar. All of the staff we encountered were polite, friendly and efficient. Overall, we had a great time, and my birthday girl (daughter) said that she thoroughly enjoyed the whole evening! Well DONE!Special Features:
- New menuJCzamoraDined on 10/28/2014Same great food! Birthday offer still in effect. Delicious as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mynite2cookmynite2cookDined on 10/27/2014Wonderful night out! The food was excellent and the service was top notch. I was notified in advance of the current promotion. We have dined here several times and will continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014It took forever to get the food. Several people in our party had to send their food back. After waiting another 30 minutes to get the food back it was still not cooked right. The bills came out all messed up. We were not happy with the visit at all.Special Features:
- Sterling Oct24, 2014ROBSTERDined on 10/24/2014We had a group of nine people. All were very favorably impressed. I had the Surf and Turf, and the filet was as good as I have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday boy loved itNancyDined on 10/24/2014Your crew made my husbands evening. You sang to him he enjoyed it. It was my son's first tme, he thought tbe place was amazing. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Too far from TexasGarysolDined on 10/21/2014Usually you are safe when you order a filet mignon at a steak restaurant, not this one. My friend and I both ordered the filet mignon and both were bad. What is worse. The potato wedges were also bad. The Charcoal taste was over whelming. The only good thing about the whole experience is the wine bottle was half price.
- I've had betterMyBirthdayDined on 10/20/2014I normally frequent The Palm, Eddie V's, Flemings, The Capital Grille and always have a great steak. I tried the Ribeye steak at the Texas Cattle Company and it was loaded with fat and gristle. I am very familiar with aged steaks and understand that the Ribeye has lots of marbling, however it just simply was not good. Our server was absolutely awesome and we never had to ask for anything. She was knowledgable, recommended appetizers as well as wine and dessert and our drinks were never empty. For upscale prices the staff was very average dressed and when I left the manager was outside near the dumpster smoking. Not a great look and not what I would expect when the prices are inline with other upscale venues.
- Texas Cattle Company Did it AgainmjadiningDined on 10/19/2014The best steak house in Lakeland Florida. The food and service is exceptional.Special Features:
- Best steak ever...SuzyQDined on 10/17/2014Outstanding food & service. We were seated within 10 minutes of our reservation time (7:00 on a Friday!) and waiter was excellent. The size of the steaks was way more than one of us could eat but they had no problem with us splitting it, but limited all-you-can-eat salad to one person. Ordered 2 sides instead because they were very reasonably priced. Juiciest ribeye steak I've ever eaten. Fried green tomatoes & mushrooms were tasty & a generous portion. Indulged in the pumpkin bread pudding with vanilla ice cream which was awesome. Can't wait to get back to Lakeland to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to happynotsatisfied1Dined on 10/17/2014First off apparently class and manners go out the window for customers. I really didn't appreciate the table across from us talking so loud that everybody in the area could here them. Also, I waited 10 minutes to get my bill. My wife ordered a bourbon rita, she had one sip from it and didn't like it so we returned it, and of course I got charged for it. I would have said something to our waitress but I didn't feel like waiting another 10 minutes for our bill. For the amount of money I paid I will go somewhere else in the future. If I want to enjoy a nice steak in a loud atmosphere with poor service your my choice.
- SteakTenderDined on 10/16/2014I had a filet and it was cooked perfectly. Just about melted in my mouth and it had the best flavor. Even with the free Birthday entree, it is expensive, is why we cannot do this often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LmbLmbmDined on 10/13/2014For my family the cattle company is just about the steak. I have never been disappointed, the chef got it right. We had an early reservation 5:30 it was nice and quiet, we were able to hear each other. The server we had was great she was engaging and attentive. I would have left more tip than was pre added.Special Features:
- Not a bad placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This restaurant isn't bad at all. Comparing it to most restaurants, the food and atmosphere is better, but not that much better. It has 4/5 star prices and a low end 4 or high end 3 star quality. The filet is a bit bland, but the strip steak was fairly good. Overall, I don't dislike this establishment, but it certainly doesn't live up to its prices.Special Features:
- Like Outback at 2.5 times the pricepde720Dined on 10/10/2014Not impressed. Salad tasted like lettuce was about to go bad or left out at room temp too long. The Texas Fries are basically last nights left over baked potatoes that they cut into wedges and deep fry (Nasty). Steak was good but it's not a 30$ steak its a 15$ steak at best.
- Meaner a bad experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Visiting and on my list of places to go. They made everything right and glad it was on the list.Special Features:
- Birthday Ladies SteakPatsy80Dined on 10/7/2014Our overall experience was good but we have two items that did not meet your standards. A: We had two Manhattans both were missing vermouth which the waiter saw and brought us a ounce of vermouth Drink was still second class. Three of us had a great meal as we expected but our Birthday lady had a steak about quarter inch thick and totally over cooked like as she said shoe leather. Was she disappointed would be kind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about the Server!nikitikitabyDined on 10/4/2014I have been coming to The Texas Cattle Company for years. The quality of each visit has really varied depending on the server that took care of us. This visit we were sat in the cramped aisle placed right beside a service counter, it was so dark we had to use our cell phones to see the menu. Our server was obviously new and not very sure of herself and not attentive to our needs. Our party of 4 went through the appetizers, salad and bread with only 2 sets of forks... once again having to remind her for the 4th or 5th time once our steaks were served. My steak was amazing. Boyfriend's steak was the fattiest t-bone i have ever seen. I'm sure we will be back, but will request an experienced server and better table for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceBudlinDined on 10/4/2014We took our son and his friend to dinner and while the food was good, I thought the portions were a little light for the price. The last 2X we have been there the Texas Fries tasted like they were old baking potatoes recooked. The only other option was mashed potatoes without an upcharge and I think for the price you should have been able to pick any item on the menu. The light portions you are given are not enough to warrant an upcharge. The service as usual was excellent, but I know we would eat at this establish more except for these items.Special Features:
- JessDined on 10/3/2014Great time! Food was awesome and service went above and beyondSpecial Features:
- TCC strives to pleasePixieDined on 10/2/2014Although I was disappointed to learn that the Birthday Special is now limited to the 8-ounce filet or the New York Strip, the meal was better than ever. In previous years, I faithfully ordered the filet and it was usually undercooked the first time, sometimes even the second time. Last year, I ordered a lobster tail instead. This year, I returned to the filet. It was cooked perfectly the first time. We also enjoyed a huge appetizer of shrimp, escargot and fried mushrooms, most of which we took home. We also had delicious strawberry daiquiris and an apple-blueberry cobbler. This occasion was for my mom's birthday. We already have reservations for my birthday next week and are anticipating another great meal.Special Features:
- Great Place!JCzamoraDined on 9/30/2014Food & Service, was great! Our server Collin really is exceptional! Awesome place to visit on your birthday. New menu's as well.Special Features: