Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
735 E Main St
Lakeland, FL 33801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 8636861434
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering from parties of 20 to 3500
A word from Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland - Best Restaurants in Lakeland ›
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)good for groups (66)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (48)fit for foodies (44)notable wine list (22)scenic view (21)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (16)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great, service was great, overall a great experienceSpecial Features:
- SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Texas Cattlemen is great for the steak lovers in my family. Great dining experience!Special Features:
- Over ratedSteveDined on 8/26/2014Our server very nice and prompt. Our steaks were another story. Mine was well done and dry...I ordered it medium well. My husband ordered his medium...it came well down. This isn't the first time they haven't prepared our steaks wrong but our last. We won't be back.
- Great place for steakDreamQueenDined on 8/25/2014When there for my birthday for the free birthday steak. I remember a few years ago that you didn't need to order an entree in order to have the steak dinner for free, so don't go alone. I didn't like also the fact that there was an automatic 18% gratuity added to the check for wanting the birthday dinner (don't get me wrong, I always tip, but never 18% if I don't feel like they deserve it). So if you are saving up because you don't have a big budget, make sure to factor in the extra entree and automatic tip. But I was very happy to be greeted with "Happy Birthday" when the employees saw my birthday crown (yes I'm 23 and I wore a birthday crown).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownmjadiningDined on 8/24/2014Sunday it is not only the best steak but the best Filet for only 16. Do not miss it.\Special Features:
- First timerNOP1Dined on 8/22/2014We went last Friday night for the first time and brought some friends from out of town with us. We all loved the servive and the food. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers need some trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday, and I recommended this restaurant to family, and we waited for our appetizers for 30 min after we ordered, then 45 min for our checks. Then when they came they were all fouled up and we kept getting told she had to get with the manager. We had 3 servers for a party of 9 and they were not communicating with eachother. one would bring something and the other would duplicate it, or not bring it at all. They didn't explain specials or the menu to us, and everyone was very frustrated. I felt bad for wasting my families time for 3 hours for dinner that was supposed to be shorter. Food was good, when we finally got it. The decor needs some updating.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very nice of this restaurant to offer a free dinner to the birthday recipient. This is usually where I have my birthday dinner. Very good steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed & uncooked!CallusDennysDined on 8/18/2014Had a bad feeling right from the start after arriving on time for a 7:00 & told to have a seat. Was celebrating a birthday & wanted to make an impression. Dang Bang Shrimp was ok. Salad was less than ok. Main course arrived before several mouthfuls (thankfully). That's when the pace started to take on a Denny's atmosphere. My main course was fine, hers was undercooked. We wanted to eat together so it didn't go back. Desert tray was offered well before last bite and the offerings were nothing to write about. Tip was included in bill, so no option there. Also, be advised for birthday discount, the server requests your drivers license & holds it for the "Manager".Special Features:
- Training Lacking2WiseDinersDined on 8/17/2014The food here, though pricey is very good. I happen to have a gluten allergy but my situation can apply to so many people with other dietary needs. Not only do they not have an allergy menu but the staff is not trained to even be familiar with people with allergy conditions. Virtually all restaurants I have been to either have an allergy menu or have staff willing to ask the knowledgeable chef how something might be easily prepared to accommodate special needs diners. I ended up eating a dry salad since they couldn't even look into what salad dressings don't have gluten (which is most of them). One staff member told me all their butter had gluten and another told me that there was plain butter available. The service wasn't coordinated.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedgoodfoodalsoserviceamustDined on 8/16/2014We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation time 7:00 PM. At about 7:15 my son spoke to the hostess. She told him that we had stated, the rest of our party was not there yet. This was a lie, our entire party was there. She also told him that the table we were waiting on had not left yet, we were also told this when we checked in, also not true. We were finally seated at 7:30, our waitress came right to the table and gave us menus and took our drink order, we got out drinks at 8:00. Our waitress was good but she had too many tables to take care of which caused poor service. We waited an unnecessary amount of time on everything! But the food was excellent! I tried to call the next day to speak with a manager, but no one answered the phone.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceBJR1Dined on 8/16/2014My Husband and I celebrated our 31st anniversary Saturday evening and was seated in a somewhat quiet area. I say somewhat since there were a couple larger parties of 8 so naturally it wasn't as quiet as we thought it was. Our Waiter, Colin (I think) was very pleasant but almost "overkill" with kindness, in the beginning. Then as the larger parties were seated we hardly saw him at all and he was apologizing all over himself. As always the food was great and we will continue to come there, although a tad over our normal budget! Thank you. BarbaraSpecial Features:
- Good DinnerThriftsterDined on 8/15/2014I was in from out of town on business and was in the mood for a good steak. Boy did I find it! I had the 8 oz. filet topped with bleu cheese. It was perfect! The salad is the same for everyone with dressing already applied making it a little soggy but the chopped green olives gave it an extra zing. I choose the Texas Fries with my meal. What I would have liked to choose but wasn't an option, was baked sweet potato. My waiter, Xavier, was wonderful. He was the correct amount of attentive without interrupting my meal too often. He engaged in conversation when I started it but, otherwise, he allowed me to enjoy my meal in peace. I would definitely recommend TCC for a meal. Be sure to make a reservation otherwise the wait would be too long.Special Features:
- Texas Cattle Co. Great For Steaks!!BabeDined on 8/15/2014Texas Cattle Company is the place to go if your looking for steak. They feature a variety of tender, juicy and flavorful steaks with some nice side items. Also a few seafood items but steak is king here. The service is just as good as the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!MhartDined on 8/14/2014I was finally able to go for my birthday. I was not at all disappointed! Food was amazing. I had never tasted a steak like I did there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnergunnarsdadDined on 8/14/2014Food was excellent as always..the server was informative and efficient...a godd time was had by all. I visit as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealJH13Dined on 8/13/2014I had dinner here for my birthday- steak was awesome! The salad could use a little help- plain iceberg lettuce with green olives? Not much finesse there- but overall good food- dessert prices were very high- 10.95 for a piece of chocolate cake??Special Features:
- Texas Cattle Company ROCKSLuvTCCDined on 8/13/2014Great, great time. Food, as always, was totally amazing. Had the Filet. Best Shrimp Cocktail in Lakeland and you have to try the carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beeat4lifeDined on 8/11/2014While the steaks are still top flight, I don't think the food, overall, is as good as it used to be. Now there are some kind of garlic cheese buns instead of the superb French bread they used to have. And we were given margarine and had to ask for butter. WTF? What if you don't like garlic? No options. My salad was wilted and not good. The steak dinners are $26.95 and you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $1.50 for a baked potato? Really? And to spend that kind of money and have to sit behind screaming, crying children is a bit much (go to MacDonald's, for crying out loud). Families should have a separate, distant location at such an expensive restaurant. I would only return on the day that they offer a filet special for $14.95.Special Features:
- waitress1212customerDined on 8/10/2014Chelsea was our waiter and did a fantastic job. She was very helpful with suggestions about the food.Special Features:
- good food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014the food was good and and the service was good ,it made a great birthday,thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!mkanchorDined on 8/8/2014The steak is delicious and the atmosphere is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014We have dined at the restaurant several times since moving to Lakeland last March and have found the servers to be a bit like "Disney". The server we had this week was great. Natalia was down to earth and did not give us the "Disney" feel. The food and service was the best we have experienced at the Texas Cattle Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Starryeyed81Dined on 8/3/2014Sadly disappointed with my dining experience. That's without saying the food was superb,its was the surrounding patrons which left us disgusted & embarrassed our out of town guest.
- It's my Party...mynite2cookDined on 8/3/2014Yes - we had a birthday and used the special offer. The reason we picked the Texas Cattle Company instead of another restaurant is because we knew we could depend on the excellent food and service we have had in the past, and we were not disappointed. The food was great; each order was cooked to perfection. The service was outstanding - both of the folks servicing our table went out of their way to ensure we enjoyed our special night by treating everyone at the table as if they were having the birthday. We had our two grandkids with us and both were asked what they wanted to order and called sir and ma'am. Overall I would rate the Texas Cattle Company as one of the top restaurants in Lakeland, and I don't eat red meat. Thank you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great foodKathyDined on 8/3/2014Always great food - My two favorites are Filet or Salmon. I never know which to order. This time I picked Filet - and it was perfect - Salmon is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!UrbinaDined on 8/1/2014Our salads arrived cold and tasty. The cheesy bread was hot and fresh. The drinks were yummy! Our steaks arrived perfectly cooked and seasoned. Had a wonderful coffee drink with whipped cream for dessert. Our server was very sweet and informative. Overall a great time with great service and great food.Special Features:
- Very good food--very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014The food was excellent, as usual, but the service was unusually horrible this particular night. We received our salads literally moments before our steaks arrived which pretty much meant that we didn't get to eat our salad or risk eating a cold steak. The server was very apologetic but didn't even offer to take our steaks back and allow us to eat our salads. That's probably our fault for not asking for that, but a server should know the needs of her customers without them having to ask. All in all, a fairly poor experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zofftik1Dined on 7/24/2014Have been coming here since it became Texas Cattle Co. Excellent steaks cooked to order. Used to serve plain white bread rolls. The cheese bread is a BIG improvement. Same salad which is fine with me.Special Features:
- Food was great! Service was not!loveneatplacesDined on 7/20/2014Our food was, as usual, excellent. However, the service was way less than excellent. We could not get drinks and service was just slow overall. But, the restaurant was not busy, so not sure why it took so long to get items we requested. We have been when it was 10 times busier with no issues at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsDioneBDined on 7/20/2014Texas Cattle Company in Lakeland is a great place to go for special occasions. Definitely not your everyday steakhouse. This is a little more costly. However, you receive generous portions and the food is delicious. You will find the steaks are better over the next couple of days. Something about the marinate they use. It is such a treat when we go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and kids came over for dinner and it was very good. I loved everything about my experience except for the fact they only have one choice for the salad dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the TheatreAlwayslookingforagoodmealDined on 7/19/2014My daughter and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner, before going to The Theatre next door. Our server was wonderful, and very helpful with all of our questions from drink to food. She even was able to have leftovers held until after the performance, which bumped her tip up a couple notches. Many years ago we enjoyed every birthday with grandparents at this steakhouse. We have not been in so long, it was delightful to see they still do a free birthday meal. Special place, and good food to "boot".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things Are Bigger in Texas except..Tkinkade21Dined on 7/19/2014We love the dining experience at Texas Cattle Company. The food was great. The service was great. We had just a few minor exceptions. Our reservation, made a week in advance, was set for 5pm when the restaurant first opens. The entire party made it to the location at 445pm. We waited outside in the heat. Once the restaurant opened we waited until 530pm, 30min past our reservation time, to be sat. It didn't make sense to us, since we were first in the restaurant and they told us the table was already set up for us. We were not offered an explanation. Our last complaint is the lack of bathroom space. For that size restaurant, there is no bathrooms to speak of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheilaDined on 7/18/2014This is my favorite place to eat. It is on the pricey side so we can't go but every couple of years.Special Features:
- it's has gotten a lot betterkenkeiberDined on 7/18/2014I was there three years ago in my birthday the service sucked the waiting time was long.and I had reservations.but this time it's gotten a lot better there was no waiting time walk In and went straight to my table and the food was good and the service was even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- currygurlzcurrygurlzDined on 7/18/2014Had reservations. No wait. Very good server. Loved the sharing options. Steak was perfect. Mashed potatoes had some big chunks but still good. Very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakOhioseaglassDined on 7/18/2014I have been to Cattleman's three times now. This was the first time I was disappointed with their filet's. Both my brother and I ordered it and it was very grizzly. The taste was good, but hard to chew. The waitress was nice and gave us one to take home. But it surprised me that for a steak place the filets would be like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining herePartyplaceDined on 7/17/2014We love everything about you except - salads not like they used to be - need more olives or at least asked our preference (did not know I needed to ask). Desserts too big and need key lime pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food and fabulous serviceBugtekDined on 7/17/2014Took my hubby for his birthday. He is the ultimate steak lover so instead of getting the free birthday steak, he chose to get a bigger steak and pay the difference. We had the bleu cheese chips for an appetizer. They were very tasty. My husband's steak was done to perfection, and not overcooked (he ordered it rare). The strawberry shortcake for dessert was almost as large as Texas, and the flight of bourbon my husband had to go with it made the evening. We had two servers taking care of us, and they were exceptional. Jason suggested a very nice wine to go with my steak, and he was correct. The pairing was perfect. We will definitely be returning to dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.