Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
735 E Main St
Lakeland, FL 33801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 8636861434
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering from parties of 20 to 3500
A word from Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland - Best Restaurants in Lakeland ›
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (52)romantic (47)fit for foodies (46)kid-friendly (24)notable wine list (17)scenic view (16)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Food was yummyUrbinaDined on 9/28/2014We had the T bone and it was cooked perfectly. The cheesy rolls were yummy. The service was great.. she made our visit fun.. :) My only recommendation about the food is the salad tasted more like water than dressing.. wish it had more toppings.. it was like just washed lettuce.. no flavor. And the only glitch was the older woman in the next booth talking so loud into her cell phone for 10 minutes.. it interfered with our conversation. The lady was at least 65, so I want to point out it was not a young group.. just an older person behaving rudely. The drinks were outstanding and we enjoyed the Texas Blue being set on fire.. it was fun.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I was extremely upset that they would not accept my daughter's Florida I.D. to show it was her birthday. They said it has to be a drivers license. She doesn't have a drivers license. Other than that, the steak was very good. Cooked perfectly.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014While the decor is tired, the steaks as always were impeccable. I will note the salad which we normally love did not have the caliber it normally does, bowls inconsistent, chunky letttuce, mine was not dressed and only one piece of chopped olive. Service attentive though first time there wihtout a team caring for tables and lots of lag time in between awaiting drinks, etc. young lady was doing her best.Special Features:
- ServerrushingDined on 9/27/2014The server was in hurry all the way. We go there always for special occasion and always are happy with the food and service, but this time is not.Special Features:
- Best birthday in years!LisaPogioDined on 9/27/2014I had a delicious 8 oz filet cooked to perfection. The garlic blue chees chips were out of this world. Sour Apple Martinis and blueberry apple cobbler cake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightvrcnbDined on 9/26/2014I recently took my new friend to Texas Cattle Company in Lakeland for our first date. It had been a long time since I had been there. I was looking for a really good steak restaurant, but I was very disappointed with the quality of the food. The salad was wilted and was full of dressing and green olives. I ate very little of it, she just tasted it. We both ordered steaks. They were a generous size, but they were so salty, they were hardly fit to eat. (I wondered later if perhaps the cook had salted them two times by mistake.) Had I known her better, I would have complained. It was just an very awkward situation. I think she was disappointed with the food too, but was just too polite to say anything or to complain.Special Features:
- Texas Cattle CompanyKeithDined on 9/25/2014The service was excellent. The steak, grouper, Texas fries, and cheesecake were all first-rate. The salad and bread were not so impressive, however.Special Features:
- Food Good - Service is Hit or MissTampaGirl333Dined on 9/25/2014We always come here to celebrate birthdays and the food is always good, but the service is very hit or miss. One night, we had an excellent waitress who made my daughter's birthday dinner very special but then just a week later for my birthday, we had a different waitress and there was nothing special about it at all. Very casual atmosphere. More suited to groups instead of a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large group birthday partycurrygurlzDined on 9/23/2014Birthday party dinner for my niece who was arriving from Utah. Texas Cattle Company called my cell to confirm. 15 people all arrived at different times. Brought in a cookie cake which they took off our hands then presented it to bday girl after dinner. Waiter, Josh? Jeb? something like that was awesome. Food arrived as close as it could for 15 people. Steaks were a bit on the rarer than requested side but everybody was fine with that. (better to be underdone than overdone). I think everybody said their meal was very good. LOVE their salad. Overall very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service and foodloveditDined on 9/23/2014The service was excellent. Best steak ever. Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to be more than great food.likeagreatsteakDined on 9/22/2014The food was great, service was great, but the restaurant had an unpleasant odor that permeated the dining room. With a restaurant where the prices are as high as they are here, I would expect better. This tended to distract a lot from the experience. I doubt if we will return, and if so, next time I will not stay for a meal if it is the same.Special Features:
- My BdayBremamaDined on 9/19/2014Very good food great waiter our food came out quickly, drinks were great not watered down I enjoyed every moment..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aged steak ... need I say more.ChrisDined on 9/19/2014Great staff. The ambiance was OK. The food was good. If I could change anything it would be the chips and blue cheese were a bit oily. I did the cowboy porterhouse and each bite melted in my mouth. For Florida, this is a top notch steakhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!dinerdashDined on 9/18/2014I took my partner here for her birthday, it was both of our first times here. Although we had to pull it off like we were walking around the whole building to take a picture because we didnt realize where the entrance was ha, it was very nice as soon as we walked in. We were greeted right away, I had made reservations ahead of time, and we were seated in a very quick time. Our server was outstanding, she was friendly and very knowledgable about the company on informing us how things were prepared and such. The food was also incredible. My partner had gotten the free birthday ny strip which was delicious & I had the surf and turf w/ the scampi, highly recommended on both! But I am sure all of there food is outstanding. We loved everything!Special Features:
- DisappointedDominicanDonDined on 9/18/2014This was one of the few occasions that I have seen so few patrons. It was obvious after entering as the service was slow. There several parties that came in after us that were served before we even received our drinks. The server was not very attentive, and the food was a lesser quality than we have received in the past. We have gone thee for our birthdays for a number of years but do not intend to return. In February, at my wifes birthday, the fried green tomatoes were unpalatable and were sent back. The steaks were thin and not cooked per our requests. At this party, the food was only slightly improved. Not worth the money or wait.
- Sadly disappointed this time..pnorthrop71Dined on 9/17/2014We have always like Texas Cattle Co. and come here when we can. I ordered the 8 oz filet and 7 oz lobster tail for my dinner. The lobster this time was almost flavorless. Hate to say that it was probably the worst I have had there. We also went during the period they gave complimentary fried scallops on a stick with a sauce. They are normally $12.50 each. All I'm going to say is that I'm glad they were complimentary and I would never pay for those. After taking the heavy coating off, there was a very small scallop. That was tasty. However, the sauce was served with an unlit candle underneath and was cold. The flavor of the sauce was terrible. My steak also tasted freezer burnt. I've truly never had this experience here.. very sadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodKathyDined on 9/16/2014As always - the food was outstanding. We mostly visit on special occasions - but you always make us feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKarenDined on 9/15/2014Great food, great food! Superior service!! As someone in the customer service industry, I notice when I am treated well by waitstaff. And when I am not. We had Excellent service. There was a waitress and a waiter and they were both so far beyond what we have experienced at several other restaurants lately we even joked those other places should send their wait staff to Texas Cattle Co for training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with excellent foodNOP1Dined on 9/14/2014This was our second visit to the Lakeland restaurant and it was as excellent as the first one. Service is excellent and food is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLaylay14Dined on 9/13/2014The service and food was absolutely amazing. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I would like to see a better salad with the dinners! It may be unlimited but if you don't like olives you are basically getting lettuce with some tomatoes in it. I expected more for the class of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed.......lightening could be a little better. ....kinda dark when eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesomeNateTheITguyDined on 9/12/2014We find ourselves going back to Texas Cattle Company more than expected. But when we want a really awesome steak, it's the first place the comes to mind. Both the steaks and fish are outstanding, the services is always good and the price is really fit for the quality. If you want a REAL steak that has been properly aged, this is the place (or if you want the best darn grouper in town)!Special Features:
- WOW HIGH PRICESOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014took my father there for a celebration dinner. Was shocked that on a party of 3 that gratuity was added. I always tip 20-25% but since the restaurant already added a lower percentage, I just let it slide and I did not add more. Come to think of that. They shorted the server out of a good tip. The prices on the steaks are extremely high. We ate 3 days later at Texas Road house, steaks were huge and extremely good, yet was only about 1/3 the cost of Texas Cattle Company. We had good service but with one free steak the bill was still over $70 what the? And there were no alcoholic beverages ordered. I can not receommend this place to my friends unless they win the lottery. I noticed the restaurant was only about half full at 6:30 pmSpecial Features:
- Texas Cattle CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Texas Cattle Company is a good restaurant for celebrations especially birthdays because of the free steak. If you are a steak lover, Texas Cattle is the place.Special Features:
- customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great. I had the salmon and my dad had steak, both were excellent.Special Features:
- Can't beat the steaksSelectiveaterDined on 9/6/2014We each ordered Cowboys (T-bones - medium rare). After appetizers and salads, we were still wow'd by the steaks....tender and delicious the leftovers have given us us four additional steak meals. Because the meat was cooked perfectly to order we have eaten the leftovers cold and the steak is still flavorful and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Challenge: Find a Better OneBookenkaDined on 9/6/2014To find a better night out than the Texas Cattle Co. in the Lakeland area you would have to built it and spend a life time fine tuning it. TCC has the upper hand on local steaks and if you haven't tried their pork chops you have never eaten real pork! Four of us spent an evening at TCC celebrating my 78th birthday and, like many times before, simply enjoyed everything from the first "Hello" to the last bite of some superior food. The wait staff was excellent, the food was cooked to perfection, and the ambiance was delightful. TCC is this area's top spot for a most pleasant, and certainly more than filling, evening.Special Features:
- Oooh la la Rib EyeLisaPogioDined on 9/6/2014There is nothing like the rib eye cooked Pittsburgh rare! I think about it for days in advance. No one does it like Texas Cattle Company. If I lived closer I'd have it every Sunday for dinner. I'm an hour and a half away from Lakeland but that rib eye is worth the drive and it will keep me loyal to Texas Cattle Company for as long as they offer it on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsong hero pork chopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Most people think steak and they are good. However the pork chops will blow your mindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not greatEllenDined on 8/31/2014We went to Texas Cattle Co in Lakeland to celebrate my birthday and we only had a party of 6. We instantly got seated which was great but they tried to put us in a tiny booth & we said no we need a table with chairs. We had at least 5 different people come to our table to ask if we needed anything, we couldn't remember who anyone was or who our original waiter was suppose to be. When we finally got our food no one came back until it was time to give us the checks which was horrible considering not everyone liked their food. Good thing the 18% gratuity is automatically cause they sure as sugar wouldn't have gotten that much at all! Some of the food was great but horrible service!Special Features:
- FantasticluvTCCDined on 8/30/2014Food was great, service was great, overall a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Great margaritaMCM1101Dined on 8/29/2014You cant beat $9 for a 32oz Blue Rose of Texas Margarita! Also popular for bdays since you get a free steak although someone in your party has to order the same steak to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaksfabiossteak1Dined on 8/27/2014Texas Cattlemen is great for the steak lovers in my family. Great dining experience!Special Features:
- Over ratedSteveDined on 8/26/2014Our server very nice and prompt. Our steaks were another story. Mine was well done and dry...I ordered it medium well. My husband ordered his medium...it came well down. This isn't the first time they haven't prepared our steaks wrong but our last. We won't be back.
- Great place for steakDreamQueenDined on 8/25/2014When there for my birthday for the free birthday steak. I remember a few years ago that you didn't need to order an entree in order to have the steak dinner for free, so don't go alone. I didn't like also the fact that there was an automatic 18% gratuity added to the check for wanting the birthday dinner (don't get me wrong, I always tip, but never 18% if I don't feel like they deserve it). So if you are saving up because you don't have a big budget, make sure to factor in the extra entree and automatic tip. But I was very happy to be greeted with "Happy Birthday" when the employees saw my birthday crown (yes I'm 23 and I wore a birthday crown).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownmjadiningDined on 8/24/2014Sunday it is not only the best steak but the best Filet for only 16. Do not miss it.\Special Features:
- First timerNOP1Dined on 8/22/2014We went last Friday night for the first time and brought some friends from out of town with us. We all loved the servive and the food. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers need some trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday, and I recommended this restaurant to family, and we waited for our appetizers for 30 min after we ordered, then 45 min for our checks. Then when they came they were all fouled up and we kept getting told she had to get with the manager. We had 3 servers for a party of 9 and they were not communicating with eachother. one would bring something and the other would duplicate it, or not bring it at all. They didn't explain specials or the menu to us, and everyone was very frustrated. I felt bad for wasting my families time for 3 hours for dinner that was supposed to be shorter. Food was good, when we finally got it. The decor needs some updating.Special Features:
- DeLand2LakelandorbustDined on 8/21/2014Service was superb, food is absolutely wonderful. The ambiance is wonderful. I can not think of anything bad to say. We will continue to come as long as it is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.