Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
735 E Main St
Lakeland, FL 33801Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texascattlecompany.net/
- Phone: 8636861434
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm
Friday - Saturday: 5pm -11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering from parties of 20 to 3500
A word from Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland
For nearly 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select U.S.D.A. Choice and Prime, three-year-old grain-fed beef. Texas Cattle Company steers clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks on a custom built pit over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida orange-wood and oak. Our managers cut & season our steaks daily to guarantee the absolute best tasting steaks anywhere! We also shop for the freshest local seafood and produce available to ensure that you will have an amazing dining experience. We pride ourselves in having the best service and creating a family atmosphere. Whether you’re having a family celebration or a casual meal for two, remember Texas Cattle Company and experience the taste that has everyone all "Fired-Up"!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland - Best Restaurants in Lakeland ›
Texas Cattle Company - Lakeland reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)good for groups (69)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (44)kid-friendly (23)scenic view (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014I took my partner here for her birthday, it was both of our first times here. Although we had to pull it off like we were walking around the whole building to take a picture because we didnt realize where the entrance was ha, it was very nice as soon as we walked in. We were greeted right away, I had made reservations ahead of time, and we were seated in a very quick time. Our server was outstanding, she was friendly and very knowledgable about the company on informing us how things were prepared and such. The food was also incredible. My partner had gotten the free birthday ny strip which was delicious & I had the surf and turf w/ the scampi, highly recommended on both! But I am sure all of there food is outstanding. We loved everything!Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was one of the few occasions that I have seen so few patrons. It was obvious after entering as the service was slow. There several parties that came in after us that were served before we even received our drinks. The server was not very attentive, and the food was a lesser quality than we have received in the past. We have gone thee for our birthdays for a number of years but do not intend to return. In February, at my wifes birthday, the fried green tomatoes were unpalatable and were sent back. The steaks were thin and not cooked per our requests. At this party, the food was only slightly improved. Not worth the money or wait.
- Sadly disappointed this time..pnorthrop71Dined on 9/17/2014We have always like Texas Cattle Co. and come here when we can. I ordered the 8 oz filet and 7 oz lobster tail for my dinner. The lobster this time was almost flavorless. Hate to say that it was probably the worst I have had there. We also went during the period they gave complimentary fried scallops on a stick with a sauce. They are normally $12.50 each. All I'm going to say is that I'm glad they were complimentary and I would never pay for those. After taking the heavy coating off, there was a very small scallop. That was tasty. However, the sauce was served with an unlit candle underneath and was cold. The flavor of the sauce was terrible. My steak also tasted freezer burnt. I've truly never had this experience here.. very sadI would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodKathyDined on 9/16/2014As always - the food was outstanding. We mostly visit on special occasions - but you always make us feel specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKarenDined on 9/15/2014Great food, great food! Superior service!! As someone in the customer service industry, I notice when I am treated well by waitstaff. And when I am not. We had Excellent service. There was a waitress and a waiter and they were both so far beyond what we have experienced at several other restaurants lately we even joked those other places should send their wait staff to Texas Cattle Co for training.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place with excellent foodNOP1Dined on 9/14/2014This was our second visit to the Lakeland restaurant and it was as excellent as the first one. Service is excellent and food is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLaylay14Dined on 9/13/2014The service and food was absolutely amazing. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I would like to see a better salad with the dinners! It may be unlimited but if you don't like olives you are basically getting lettuce with some tomatoes in it. I expected more for the class of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed.......lightening could be a little better. ....kinda dark when eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesomeNateTheITguyDined on 9/12/2014We find ourselves going back to Texas Cattle Company more than expected. But when we want a really awesome steak, it's the first place the comes to mind. Both the steaks and fish are outstanding, the services is always good and the price is really fit for the quality. If you want a REAL steak that has been properly aged, this is the place (or if you want the best darn grouper in town)!Special Features:
- WOW HIGH PRICESOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014took my father there for a celebration dinner. Was shocked that on a party of 3 that gratuity was added. I always tip 20-25% but since the restaurant already added a lower percentage, I just let it slide and I did not add more. Come to think of that. They shorted the server out of a good tip. The prices on the steaks are extremely high. We ate 3 days later at Texas Road house, steaks were huge and extremely good, yet was only about 1/3 the cost of Texas Cattle Company. We had good service but with one free steak the bill was still over $70 what the? And there were no alcoholic beverages ordered. I can not receommend this place to my friends unless they win the lottery. I noticed the restaurant was only about half full at 6:30 pmSpecial Features:
- Texas Cattle CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Texas Cattle Company is a good restaurant for celebrations especially birthdays because of the free steak. If you are a steak lover, Texas Cattle is the place.Special Features:
- customerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great. I had the salmon and my dad had steak, both were excellent.Special Features:
- Can't beat the steaksSelectiveaterDined on 9/6/2014We each ordered Cowboys (T-bones - medium rare). After appetizers and salads, we were still wow'd by the steaks....tender and delicious the leftovers have given us us four additional steak meals. Because the meat was cooked perfectly to order we have eaten the leftovers cold and the steak is still flavorful and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Challenge: Find a Better OneBookenkaDined on 9/6/2014To find a better night out than the Texas Cattle Co. in the Lakeland area you would have to built it and spend a life time fine tuning it. TCC has the upper hand on local steaks and if you haven't tried their pork chops you have never eaten real pork! Four of us spent an evening at TCC celebrating my 78th birthday and, like many times before, simply enjoyed everything from the first "Hello" to the last bite of some superior food. The wait staff was excellent, the food was cooked to perfection, and the ambiance was delightful. TCC is this area's top spot for a most pleasant, and certainly more than filling, evening.Special Features:
- Oooh la la Rib EyeLisaPogioDined on 9/6/2014There is nothing like the rib eye cooked Pittsburgh rare! I think about it for days in advance. No one does it like Texas Cattle Company. If I lived closer I'd have it every Sunday for dinner. I'm an hour and a half away from Lakeland but that rib eye is worth the drive and it will keep me loyal to Texas Cattle Company for as long as they offer it on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsong hero pork chopsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Most people think steak and they are good. However the pork chops will blow your mindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but not greatEllenDined on 8/31/2014We went to Texas Cattle Co in Lakeland to celebrate my birthday and we only had a party of 6. We instantly got seated which was great but they tried to put us in a tiny booth & we said no we need a table with chairs. We had at least 5 different people come to our table to ask if we needed anything, we couldn't remember who anyone was or who our original waiter was suppose to be. When we finally got our food no one came back until it was time to give us the checks which was horrible considering not everyone liked their food. Good thing the 18% gratuity is automatically cause they sure as sugar wouldn't have gotten that much at all! Some of the food was great but horrible service!Special Features:
- FantasticluvTCCDined on 8/30/2014Food was great, service was great, overall a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Great margaritaMCM1101Dined on 8/29/2014You cant beat $9 for a 32oz Blue Rose of Texas Margarita! Also popular for bdays since you get a free steak although someone in your party has to order the same steak to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaksfabiossteak1Dined on 8/27/2014Texas Cattlemen is great for the steak lovers in my family. Great dining experience!Special Features:
- Over ratedSteveDined on 8/26/2014Our server very nice and prompt. Our steaks were another story. Mine was well done and dry...I ordered it medium well. My husband ordered his medium...it came well down. This isn't the first time they haven't prepared our steaks wrong but our last. We won't be back.
- Great place for steakDreamQueenDined on 8/25/2014When there for my birthday for the free birthday steak. I remember a few years ago that you didn't need to order an entree in order to have the steak dinner for free, so don't go alone. I didn't like also the fact that there was an automatic 18% gratuity added to the check for wanting the birthday dinner (don't get me wrong, I always tip, but never 18% if I don't feel like they deserve it). So if you are saving up because you don't have a big budget, make sure to factor in the extra entree and automatic tip. But I was very happy to be greeted with "Happy Birthday" when the employees saw my birthday crown (yes I'm 23 and I wore a birthday crown).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in TownmjadiningDined on 8/24/2014Sunday it is not only the best steak but the best Filet for only 16. Do not miss it.\Special Features:
- First timerNOP1Dined on 8/22/2014We went last Friday night for the first time and brought some friends from out of town with us. We all loved the servive and the food. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servers need some trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was my birthday, and I recommended this restaurant to family, and we waited for our appetizers for 30 min after we ordered, then 45 min for our checks. Then when they came they were all fouled up and we kept getting told she had to get with the manager. We had 3 servers for a party of 9 and they were not communicating with eachother. one would bring something and the other would duplicate it, or not bring it at all. They didn't explain specials or the menu to us, and everyone was very frustrated. I felt bad for wasting my families time for 3 hours for dinner that was supposed to be shorter. Food was good, when we finally got it. The decor needs some updating.Special Features:
- DeLand2LakelandorbustDined on 8/21/2014Service was superb, food is absolutely wonderful. The ambiance is wonderful. I can not think of anything bad to say. We will continue to come as long as it is there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Very nice of this restaurant to offer a free dinner to the birthday recipient. This is usually where I have my birthday dinner. Very good steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rushed & uncooked!CallusDennysDined on 8/18/2014Had a bad feeling right from the start after arriving on time for a 7:00 & told to have a seat. Was celebrating a birthday & wanted to make an impression. Dang Bang Shrimp was ok. Salad was less than ok. Main course arrived before several mouthfuls (thankfully). That's when the pace started to take on a Denny's atmosphere. My main course was fine, hers was undercooked. We wanted to eat together so it didn't go back. Desert tray was offered well before last bite and the offerings were nothing to write about. Tip was included in bill, so no option there. Also, be advised for birthday discount, the server requests your drivers license & holds it for the "Manager".Special Features:
- Training Lacking2WiseDinersDined on 8/17/2014The food here, though pricey is very good. I happen to have a gluten allergy but my situation can apply to so many people with other dietary needs. Not only do they not have an allergy menu but the staff is not trained to even be familiar with people with allergy conditions. Virtually all restaurants I have been to either have an allergy menu or have staff willing to ask the knowledgeable chef how something might be easily prepared to accommodate special needs diners. I ended up eating a dry salad since they couldn't even look into what salad dressings don't have gluten (which is most of them). One staff member told me all their butter had gluten and another told me that there was plain butter available. The service wasn't coordinated.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedgoodfoodalsoserviceamustDined on 8/16/2014We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation time 7:00 PM. At about 7:15 my son spoke to the hostess. She told him that we had stated, the rest of our party was not there yet. This was a lie, our entire party was there. She also told him that the table we were waiting on had not left yet, we were also told this when we checked in, also not true. We were finally seated at 7:30, our waitress came right to the table and gave us menus and took our drink order, we got out drinks at 8:00. Our waitress was good but she had too many tables to take care of which caused poor service. We waited an unnecessary amount of time on everything! But the food was excellent! I tried to call the next day to speak with a manager, but no one answered the phone.Special Features:
- Dining ExperienceBJR1Dined on 8/16/2014My Husband and I celebrated our 31st anniversary Saturday evening and was seated in a somewhat quiet area. I say somewhat since there were a couple larger parties of 8 so naturally it wasn't as quiet as we thought it was. Our Waiter, Colin (I think) was very pleasant but almost "overkill" with kindness, in the beginning. Then as the larger parties were seated we hardly saw him at all and he was apologizing all over himself. As always the food was great and we will continue to come there, although a tad over our normal budget! Thank you. BarbaraSpecial Features:
- Good DinnerThriftsterDined on 8/15/2014I was in from out of town on business and was in the mood for a good steak. Boy did I find it! I had the 8 oz. filet topped with bleu cheese. It was perfect! The salad is the same for everyone with dressing already applied making it a little soggy but the chopped green olives gave it an extra zing. I choose the Texas Fries with my meal. What I would have liked to choose but wasn't an option, was baked sweet potato. My waiter, Xavier, was wonderful. He was the correct amount of attentive without interrupting my meal too often. He engaged in conversation when I started it but, otherwise, he allowed me to enjoy my meal in peace. I would definitely recommend TCC for a meal. Be sure to make a reservation otherwise the wait would be too long.Special Features:
- Texas Cattle Co. Great For Steaks!!BabeDined on 8/15/2014Texas Cattle Company is the place to go if your looking for steak. They feature a variety of tender, juicy and flavorful steaks with some nice side items. Also a few seafood items but steak is king here. The service is just as good as the beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!MhartDined on 8/14/2014I was finally able to go for my birthday. I was not at all disappointed! Food was amazing. I had never tasted a steak like I did there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnergunnarsdadDined on 8/14/2014Food was excellent as always..the server was informative and efficient...a godd time was had by all. I visit as often as I can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealJH13Dined on 8/13/2014I had dinner here for my birthday- steak was awesome! The salad could use a little help- plain iceberg lettuce with green olives? Not much finesse there- but overall good food- dessert prices were very high- 10.95 for a piece of chocolate cake??Special Features:
- Texas Cattle Company ROCKSLuvTCCDined on 8/13/2014Great, great time. Food, as always, was totally amazing. Had the Filet. Best Shrimp Cocktail in Lakeland and you have to try the carrot cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like it used to beeat4lifeDined on 8/11/2014While the steaks are still top flight, I don't think the food, overall, is as good as it used to be. Now there are some kind of garlic cheese buns instead of the superb French bread they used to have. And we were given margarine and had to ask for butter. WTF? What if you don't like garlic? No options. My salad was wilted and not good. The steak dinners are $26.95 and you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $1.50 for a baked potato? Really? And to spend that kind of money and have to sit behind screaming, crying children is a bit much (go to MacDonald's, for crying out loud). Families should have a separate, distant location at such an expensive restaurant. I would only return on the day that they offer a filet special for $14.95.Special Features:
- Sent steak back 3 timessteak3timesDined on 8/10/2014We have always celebrated birthdays, graduations, and special events at the restaurant for 2 years with no problems; however, the evening was a disaster. Husband's steak was sent back 3 times. He was then insulted by the manager at the end of the evening. The manager stated, "Maybe you should have order the steak Medium Medium." How does a bar not have the ingredients for a Cosmopolitan? The the scallop appetizer was deep fried with Asian Noodles (looked nothing like the advertisement). Never again.