Tex Mex Connection
201 East Walnut
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tex Mex Connection
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texmexconnection.com/
- Phone: (215) 699-9552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Vozzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Planning a fiesta? Let Tex Mex Connection do the work for you either here or at your location. We offer an extensive menu including appetizers, entrees, taco & fajita bars…and much more. We offer full service catering or parties to go you can pick up & serve yourself. So why not spice up your next gathering, whether it’s a baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party or corporate event. Visit texmexconnection.com to view our full menu or call in & one of our chefs will plan a menu to suit your needs.
- Entertainment: Karaoke on Tuesday nights, Trivia on Wednesday nights, DJ Dance Party Thursday and Saturdays
- Special Events: Join us for one of our summer tiki parties. Visit our website for details.
A word from Tex Mex Connection
Opened in 1984, Tex Mex is a family owned & operated restaurant, which takes pride in customer satisfaction, serving the community & protecting our environment. Our multiple “Best of” honors, yearlong fundraising efforts & Three-Star Certified Green Restaurant designation are just a few reasons to stop in & let our family serve your family. Visit Texmexconnection.com to see how we can bring the sights, sounds & flavors of Mexico & the American Southwest to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tex Mex Connection reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)good for groups (10)special occasion (10)hot spot (8)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- a bit disappointingyumyumDined on 11/14/2014A long time customer I feel as if new owners took over. The margarita's were not as tasty and seemed watered down; the chips not as tasty. Fried green tomatoes app was delicious. The entrees were good except for chicken and pork enchiladas which were dry and tasteless. The tacos were the best. I usually rave about Tex Mex and it has been my favorite restaurant with this cuisine across the country but I have to say I was sadly disappointed this evening. Last but not least, I ended up with Montezuma's revenge that night. Will probably be a while before I go back or recommend Tex Mex again.Special Features:
- Going down hill...portion sizes cutredsoxVIPDined on 11/14/2014I have been going to Tex Mex for the past 14 years on a regular basis and always loved it ....that is until this visit. New menu apparently signals new approach.... Have ordered the chili repeatedly ..tonight..the chili portion was about literally 1/4th the size thta it used to be and was watery and runny. It was not nearly enough for my son and he was left hungry. Then we ordered the chocolate decadent desert which used to easily be able to split for two and was a generous portion..again this was a much smaller serving. The service was also very slow tonight. Get the impression that changes have been made to improve the bottom line..which i do not have a problem with......I guess was just used to the generous portions which have drastically been scaled back under the new menu. Recommendation..don't order the chili unless you are expecting an appetizer sized portio
- Sapphire61SapphireDined on 11/14/2014Great find with nice atmosphere and good food. I like the local beers. A little tight for a large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014right off the bat, the chips were stale. my dinner, chile rellenos, lacked spice,cheese and a reason to go back again.
- Great Tex-MexChippyVIPDined on 11/7/2014I am trying to understand how this place gets such horrible reviews on Yelp?.?.?.? Tex Max has been in business for 30+ years and has changed ownership/management a few times, but how can a restaurant be in business this long if it is that bad.. Drink to that - Yelp Haters!!! I can't speak to the bar... but it's always pretty packed so it can't be that bad.. The food is always consistent and has always been delicious. I have been coming here for 10 years and have never had a bad meal. It's a small place and it gets busy.. Service can be slow occasionaly and high turnover with servers - gee nothing new to the restaturant business... They still have 3 full time servers that have been there since I have been going there. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was cold. Fish was toughForgetitDined on 11/6/2014Ordered the fish taco special. It arrived cold. The fish was precooked, pulled out of the frig and put on the taco shell cold. Would have said something but it was so noisy no one would be able to hear me.
- Tex Mex ConnectionEmontel99Dined on 11/6/2014I've been to TexMex many many times over the past 10 years. It's always good, never disappointed. The servers know what they are talking about and friendly. The food is always good. I love that they are 'green'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeKelHDined on 11/2/2014Great place. Favorite was the Tequila-tini. Best ever! Food was really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLWMcDined on 11/1/2014We had both been here previously and had great experiences, though a long time ago, so were excited to go together. Sadly, this time neither the food or service lived up to our memories. Our server wasn't confident about the menu and our food came with items We specifically requested to be omitted. While it may have just been a rough night, we won't be going back to find out.
- A great experience---as alwaysTexMexFanDined on 10/31/2014We've been going to Tex-Mex since it opened in the 1980's and it never fails to impress. Where else can you get such authentic southwestern cuisine in Pennsylvania? The black bean soup and crab burritos were outstanding! Unfortunately we are moving out of the area soon and will miss this North Wales neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Great Food and Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014We went to this restaurant after taking the kids to a moving. We were seated promptly and had plenty of service attention with the right amount of frequency. The food was very good and the portion sizes were just right. The margarita's were exceptional. We will be coming back.Special Features:
- Did not disapointJohnDined on 10/18/2014Had made reservations for 8:15 and our table was ready when we arrived. We were greeted by our server who took our drink order while we looked over the menu. Our food came out shorty after we ordered hot and was delishious. Great food.. great service.Special Features:
- always goodjao988Dined on 10/12/2014Always consistently good food. Great Chips (homemade I think)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy this timeUsualtexmexdinerDined on 9/19/2014For the last eight or so years, I've been eating at Tex-Mex about once a month. The food is always outstanding. That has never changed and I don't think it will. The service has always been great too, except for this time. We sat at the table for about 10 minutes before our waitress came over. Not a big deal. We ordered drinks. Those took about another 10 minutes to get there. Our food order came out promptly. We ordered another round of drinks. Twenty minutes later, I had to ask for the drinks again. I also asked for water, and another basket of chips. The drinks finally showed, but the water and chips never did. We were very disappointed. We'll go back, but with a little hesitation.Special Features:
- reveiwOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Was a bit slow which doesnt really matter with good companyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Margheritas! Fish Tacos!ChippyVIPDined on 9/11/2014Good menu decent specials. Service is spotty depending on when you go and who you get. The food really is very good and you can expect a certain level of quality food here at Tex Mex. It's been in Lansdale for 30+years under several different owner/management but it continues to churn out good food. It's not the best Mexican food you will ever eat but it's very good and an enjoyable establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thirty Years!HerbiejackVIPDined on 9/6/2014We enjoy this Tex Mex gem Always reliable Always enjoyable Always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as alwaysMarcyDined on 8/31/2014we go here often. its very resinably priced and the food is always good. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The Best Tex-Mex Food Aroundgabob1Dined on 8/30/2014I have been a 20+ year patron of the Tex Mex Commection. The food is wonderful, and they make the best Margaritas I have ever had. The wait staff is very friendly and professional. Entrees are always delivered promptly and are always hot and delicious. NO other Mexican restaurant in the area can compete with their food, drinks, menu variety and service. I highly recommend the Tex Mex Connection.Special Features:
- awesome anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary here, couldn't have gone better our waiter was funny and proffesional, the food was fantastic, best Mexican food I ever had, and I've had higher bills at red lobster, overall awesome place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even close to TexMexpinotnoirDined on 8/27/2014They need to hire someone that actually knows how to cook TexMex food. The restaurant is more of a bar scene with a tiny upstairs restaurant. There is a 2 drink limit on margaritas and disappointed by the food, especialy after. Chips were okay. Wish I would have tried a restaurant in Philly.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousChippyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Another review for one of our favorite local restaurants. It's difficult to find good mexican/tex-mex restaurant that consitenly has good food, especially in Lansdale/North Wales area. Well look no further. Whether you are just looking for casual drinks and appetizers, or if you want a truly delicious tex-mex dish that will have you coming back for more Tex-Mex is your place to go.. During our last visit, we noticed that service has been stepped up. It was Friday (busy time), and they've added additional help to clear the tables giving the waitstaff more attention on guests. Don't forget to check out the specials menu.. Each time we try somthing new from the specials menu we are always pleasently surprised by deliciousness!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!BridalgalDined on 8/6/2014Best Mexican food I have had other than in Mexico. Their Margaritas are fantastic but the food is the really gem of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 290 reviews are from the Tex Mex Connection reviews archive.
- Tex-Mex DeliciousChippyVIPDined on 7/29/2014This place has been in North Wales for years.. You can always expect consistency and simnply great food from the kitchen. We've never had a bad meal here and have been coming for years. Some of our favorites are; fish tacos, beef brisket, pulled pork, quesadillas, chili relenos just to mention a few. Don't forget to check out the Specials menu as well.. The premium pour Margheritas on rocks w/salt are the best around.. Service can sometimes get slow when they are busy but the food is always good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellar!MarkGDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I had another great meal with friends at Tex Mex. They are always consistent and can really knock your socks off now and then with some amazing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2014Food was fine. Kid friendly. Drinks were good - especially margarita. That being said, the experience was nothing special.Special Features:
- Consistently Very Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 7/11/2014My son ordered the tenderloin burrito off the specials menu and gobbled it up! He said it was awesome.. I tasted a bite and it was really good. The meat was cooked to perfection very tender and flavorful. My wife and I had the beef brisket.. It too was awesome. I had the jalapeno potato salad and black beans as side dishes.. My wife got the corn bread.. Mmm wonderfully prepared, tender as ever melt in your mouth meal.. Always a great place to go expectations of a great meal.. If you are there on the weekend ask for Jay as your server.. He’s the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveNomnomnomDined on 7/10/2014I come to tex mex often and it never disappoints. Great food, great service overall love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLazyOGDined on 7/8/2014We have been here many times and have never had a bad experience. The food and drink menu are great.Special Features:
- Good dinner...but host not too niceMicheleDined on 7/5/2014Our host did not hide how annoyed he was that we added one person to our reservation. He huffed and acted completely put out. It was a bad way to set the tone for dinner. Luckily our waiter was great and very friendly. The fish tacos were great. The only downside was that the tortilla shells were a bit charred for most of the people in my party.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Have been coming to Tex Mex for years. They have gone through menu changes and management changes over the years, but they always manage to do a really good job at keeping it all seamless to their customers. Consistency is the key to a great restaurant. It's what keeps us coming back. . Margheritas are fabulous. Fish tacos (fried), fajitas, pulled pork and brisket are some of our favorites... So many to list..
- Fathers dayBubbaporterDined on 6/15/2014We had a great time and really enjoyed Jay as our server. Great food and Jay was very personable and helpful with menu suggestions, etc. Really enjoyed our dinner and will recommend to friends!! Food was perfect, drinks were awesome, especially Margueritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolongerlivesthereDined on 6/15/2014I have been going here since it opened back in the 1980's. It is better now than ever!Special Features:
- Always goodTheresaHKDined on 6/7/2014The food is always good, the margaritas are THE BEST, and the service is warm and friendly. My favorite local place to eat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Only thing was that we ate here last weekend and had a wonderful (strong) Margarita and this time, it was very dissapointingly weak. Other than that, everything was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Excellent meal - food is always good here. The menu has changed a little. Fish tacos are one of my favorites. We have been coming to Tex Mex for many years now and have never had a bad meal. Service can be spotty, but it does not get in the way of the good food.. The hostess gets scatterbrained when it gets busy, but it does not get in the way of good food... Keep up the good work Tex Mex!
- Great foodjao988Dined on 6/3/2014Been coming here for years. Our favorite Mexican! Great margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tex Mex connectionBigdog63Dined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food is terrific! And the price is so reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Good TimetexmexgroupieDined on 5/31/2014I have been going here for 20+ years, and have not once had a bad meal. Food is excellent, good selection, and lots of it! Also, hands down, the best margaritas in town! Along with that, the service is great as well. Can't go wrong dining at Tex Mex.Special Features:
- good food, waitress in traininganonymousdadDined on 5/30/2014Went to dinner with my wife and two small children. We got seated immediately, and were told our waitress was in training. Her mentor was staying back and letting her do the work, but somewhere in the training phase he missed a few important tips. 1. If you pass a table and see empty glasses, even if you are doing something, at the very least make sure you come right back to ask if those drinks need a refill. both waitress and mentor passed my table twice and didn't ask about refills. its a small thing, but it gets noticed. 2. When a 6 year old child engages you in conversation about his meal, remember he is also a customer, pay attention to what he is saying. Aside from that, the food was good and the rest of the service was ok.Special Features: