Tex Mex Connection
201 East Walnut
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Tex Mex Connection
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.texmexconnection.com/
- Phone: 2156999552
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Southwest
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Vozzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Planning a fiesta? Let Tex Mex Connection do the work for you either here or at your location. We offer an extensive menu including appetizers, entrees, taco & fajita bars…and much more. We offer full service catering or parties to go you can pick up & serve yourself. So why not spice up your next gathering, whether it’s a baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party or corporate event. Visit texmexconnection.com to view our full menu or call in & one of our chefs will plan a menu to suit your needs.
- Entertainment: Karaoke on Tuesday nights, Trivia on Wednesday nights, DJ Dance Party Thursday and Saturdays
- Special Events: Join us for one of our summer tiki parties. Visit our website for details.
A word from Tex Mex Connection
Opened in 1984, Tex Mex is a family owned & operated restaurant, which takes pride in customer satisfaction, serving the community & protecting our environment. Our multiple “Best of” honors, yearlong fundraising efforts & Three-Star Certified Green Restaurant designation are just a few reasons to stop in & let our family serve your family. Visit Texmexconnection.com to see how we can bring the sights, sounds & flavors of Mexico & the American Southwest to you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tex Mex Connection reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)vibrant bar scene (17)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)romantic (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- awesome anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I celebrated our 5th anniversary here, couldn't have gone better our waiter was funny and proffesional, the food was fantastic, best Mexican food I ever had, and I've had higher bills at red lobster, overall awesome place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DeliciousChippyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Another review for one of our favorite local restaurants. It's difficult to find good mexican/tex-mex restaurant that consitenly has good food, especially in Lansdale/North Wales area. Well look no further. Whether you are just looking for casual drinks and appetizers, or if you want a truly delicious tex-mex dish that will have you coming back for more Tex-Mex is your place to go.. During our last visit, we noticed that service has been stepped up. It was Friday (busy time), and they've added additional help to clear the tables giving the waitstaff more attention on guests. Don't forget to check out the specials menu.. Each time we try somthing new from the specials menu we are always pleasently surprised by deliciousness!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!BridalgalDined on 8/6/2014Best Mexican food I have had other than in Mexico. Their Margaritas are fantastic but the food is the really gem of this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tex-Mex DeliciousChippyVIPDined on 7/29/2014This place has been in North Wales for years.. You can always expect consistency and simnply great food from the kitchen. We've never had a bad meal here and have been coming for years. Some of our favorites are; fish tacos, beef brisket, pulled pork, quesadillas, chili relenos just to mention a few. Don't forget to check out the Specials menu as well.. The premium pour Margheritas on rocks w/salt are the best around.. Service can sometimes get slow when they are busy but the food is always good..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always stellar!MarkGDined on 7/20/2014My wife and I had another great meal with friends at Tex Mex. They are always consistent and can really knock your socks off now and then with some amazing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2014Food was fine. Kid friendly. Drinks were good - especially margarita. That being said, the experience was nothing special.Special Features:
- Consistently Very Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 7/11/2014My son ordered the tenderloin burrito off the specials menu and gobbled it up! He said it was awesome.. I tasted a bite and it was really good. The meat was cooked to perfection very tender and flavorful. My wife and I had the beef brisket.. It too was awesome. I had the jalapeno potato salad and black beans as side dishes.. My wife got the corn bread.. Mmm wonderfully prepared, tender as ever melt in your mouth meal.. Always a great place to go expectations of a great meal.. If you are there on the weekend ask for Jay as your server.. He’s the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveNomnomnomDined on 7/10/2014I come to tex mex often and it never disappoints. Great food, great service overall love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLazyOGDined on 7/8/2014We have been here many times and have never had a bad experience. The food and drink menu are great.Special Features:
- Good dinner...but host not too niceMicheleDined on 7/5/2014Our host did not hide how annoyed he was that we added one person to our reservation. He huffed and acted completely put out. It was a bad way to set the tone for dinner. Luckily our waiter was great and very friendly. The fish tacos were great. The only downside was that the tortilla shells were a bit charred for most of the people in my party.Special Features:
- Always Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Have been coming to Tex Mex for years. They have gone through menu changes and management changes over the years, but they always manage to do a really good job at keeping it all seamless to their customers. Consistency is the key to a great restaurant. It's what keeps us coming back. . Margheritas are fabulous. Fish tacos (fried), fajitas, pulled pork and brisket are some of our favorites... So many to list..
- Fathers dayBubbaporterDined on 6/15/2014We had a great time and really enjoyed Jay as our server. Great food and Jay was very personable and helpful with menu suggestions, etc. Really enjoyed our dinner and will recommend to friends!! Food was perfect, drinks were awesome, especially Margueritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NolongerlivesthereDined on 6/15/2014I have been going here since it opened back in the 1980's. It is better now than ever!Special Features:
- Always goodTheresaHKDined on 6/7/2014The food is always good, the margaritas are THE BEST, and the service is warm and friendly. My favorite local place to eat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Only thing was that we ate here last weekend and had a wonderful (strong) Margarita and this time, it was very dissapointingly weak. Other than that, everything was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good FoodChippyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Excellent meal - food is always good here. The menu has changed a little. Fish tacos are one of my favorites. We have been coming to Tex Mex for many years now and have never had a bad meal. Service can be spotty, but it does not get in the way of the good food.. The hostess gets scatterbrained when it gets busy, but it does not get in the way of good food... Keep up the good work Tex Mex!
- Great foodjao988Dined on 6/3/2014Been coming here for years. Our favorite Mexican! Great margaritasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tex Mex connectionBigdog63Dined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, and the food is terrific! And the price is so reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Good TimetexmexgroupieDined on 5/31/2014I have been going here for 20+ years, and have not once had a bad meal. Food is excellent, good selection, and lots of it! Also, hands down, the best margaritas in town! Along with that, the service is great as well. Can't go wrong dining at Tex Mex.Special Features:
- good food, waitress in traininganonymousdadDined on 5/30/2014Went to dinner with my wife and two small children. We got seated immediately, and were told our waitress was in training. Her mentor was staying back and letting her do the work, but somewhere in the training phase he missed a few important tips. 1. If you pass a table and see empty glasses, even if you are doing something, at the very least make sure you come right back to ask if those drinks need a refill. both waitress and mentor passed my table twice and didn't ask about refills. its a small thing, but it gets noticed. 2. When a 6 year old child engages you in conversation about his meal, remember he is also a customer, pay attention to what he is saying. Aside from that, the food was good and the rest of the service was ok.Special Features:
- Hostess is CluelessChippyVIPDined on 5/12/2014We had a reservation and walked in behind a walk-in party of 3. She took the party of 3 and we waited for another 7-10min before we were even acknowledged. I was put off by the way the hostess handled our reservation. They ended up sitting the walk-in at a nicer table and we got stuffed into a corner with an quite boisterous and obnoxious crowd of young clueless women carrying on... Food was good but not the most enjoyable experience..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely gonna be a regular!lizgroDined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was awesome! Fun décor, staff friendly, food delicious. I had heard about the place but never been. I am definitely going to be a regular! Service was also excellent! there is not one bad thing I could say about our visit. I would encourage you to make reservations however as the place is on the small side. Try it - you will like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIRTHDAYLou55Dined on 5/10/2014We took my daughter for her 21st birthday with family and friends. The waiter was excellent as was the food. We especially liked the margaritas and special bithday dessert and sombrero. Continues to be a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, poor serviceeandaDined on 5/10/2014we had reservations but were told we'd have a short wait for a table. it is a small place on a Sat. night so no big problem for us until 4 other couples walked in & were seated immediately before the host finally came over to us " oh you're still not seated?" 2 waitresses came to our table for drink orders but still took 15 min for my husband to get 1 beer. another 15 min later we had some chips & salsa. another 10 min wait & we seemed to have an assigned waitress who never gave us her name or asked for our order until I initiated. another long wait & what I had ordered was not available. FINALLY got our entrees which were delicious & affordable
- Disappointed for group of 10Not2pickyDined on 5/9/2014Waiter overwhelmed, table not ready, waiter did not check after bringing entrees To see of everyone served. Steak not cooked as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGingerDined on 5/9/20144 of us went for dinner to celebrate a birthday and anniversary. We were seated immediately. The waiter was excellent recommending drinks and meals. He even brought us a special dessert for the occasions. We were here once before and the food is excellent. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodLrombergDined on 5/3/2014Had my favorite dish 2 chicken and cheese enchalidas with mild white sauce. And pitcher of their fabulous white wine sangria that goes down super easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Tex Mex Connection reviews archive.
- another good lunch at Tex MexChrisDined on 4/23/2014This is a favorite Mexican stop for us. The food is always delicious and the margaritas are exceptional. The outdoor seating is an added bonus. We always look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTequilagirl2VIPDined on 3/29/2014We come here often and have never been disappointed. Service was great and food was excellent. Love love love the margaritas!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food / Great ServiceChippyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Jay was our server - He is the best server they have. Food is always good. Excellent premim pour margheritas.Special Features:
- AuthenticJSAMDined on 3/19/2014This is a very authentic Place serving all your favorite tex/mex meals. The drinks are excellent and the ambience is very nice. You would not believe your in North Wales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic!MMc98Dined on 3/15/2014Food, drinks, and service were great! Look forward to going back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodWalter1VIPDined on 3/14/2014Good drinks, good food, good sized portions, good prices. Who could ask for more?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner38BirthdayDined on 3/12/2014This was not the first time we have dined at Tex Mex. My daughter always wants to celebrate her birthday there & we have gone there for other occasions also. The food was excellent all around the table & the presentation was very nice. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable of the menu items, & very engaging. All in all, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was my first time. GreatJohnDined on 3/1/2014It was my first time. Great service. Friendly staff. Great food. Priced right.Special Features:
- girl's nightJenniferDined on 3/1/2014Was out for a fun girl's night out and a fun time was had by all! Great food and fun atmosphere! Hoping to come when the weather warms up to try your outdoor dining room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't missOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2014We are a half mile from Tex Mex. We are regulars. They know us and our kids. Food is great all of the time. Severs are very friendly and care about you. The margaritas are lethal. seriously. 2 is good, 3 ?? good night. The bar is no smoke free which is great. They built a great patio but since that's where the smokers hang, we haven't been there. Tex and Chad are great bartenders. If you haven't tried it, please do.Special Features:
- AttitudeapchopDined on 2/14/2014The drinks, food and the wait staff are great! We are frequent diners and Tex Mex is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little place in north walesJs40VIPDined on 2/14/2014Been here many times, best margaritas around. Crab burritos - sublime! Great selection and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Valentines night hit!MarkGDined on 2/14/2014Had an awesome meal, Jay our waiter was excellent. The food was superb with lots of flavor and spice, but not over the top hot! Great job people, keep up the good work!Special Features: