55 Old Turnpike Road
Oldwick, NJ 08858Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thetewksburyinn.com/
- Phone: (908) 439-2641
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:30 - 9:00,
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Quintile
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Tewksbury Inn
Oldwick is in the heart of the Hunterdon County horse country, and the Tewksbury Inn is at the center of this 18th-century historic district. The Inn is a former stagecoach stop where the 21st-century traveler can enjoy the traditional friendly tavern atmosphere with fine food that reflects wide ranging influences. In 2008 the Tewksbury Inn began opening on Mondays for the first time and those who join us have been in for a real treat: Our entire wine list at half price. Our exquisite food deserves pairing with an equally great wine and at this value, we think you will agree.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tewksbury Inn - Best Restaurants in Bedminster ›
Tewksbury Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (32)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (21)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Tewksbury InnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The room was cold...should not go when it's cold out...this is an old building. French onion soup was yummy. Salad had whole sour cranberries and few walnuts...disappointing. Yellow fin tuna was excellent. Filet mignon was "weird" looking, falling apart, and not comparable to any filet I've ever had in my life. Wait staff was very friendly and fun.Special Features:
- One of the most consistant placesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014Its our favorite place for dinner, consistent great food, great service, excellent wine list. Great to have the dining room on one side and the bar area with the same menu on the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undiscovered treasurekjdmdVIPDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I were looking for someplace outside of our usual rotation of restaurants. I discovered the Tewksbury in through Open Table. The building itself is a 200+ year old inn, with a busy bar on the right and a quieter dining room on the left. The tables are a little close together but the noise level is reasonable. The menu is not large but there's enough variety to suit anyone. I had an unusual appetizer consisting of a baked apple stuffed with blue cheese on a small waffle. Sounds like a mad lib combo, but it was very good. My sea bass special and my wife's duck were both excellent. There's a decent selection of desserts and wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCelt21Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I went to The Tewksbury Inn to celebrate his 35th birthday and to have a nice date night. The Inn and the food surpassed our expectations and was truly an outstanding experience! We can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tewksbury InnStPaulDinerDined on 11/15/2014Great ambiance in the tavern room! Not too formal but casually elegant in a very traditional style. Service was attentive and friendly. Food was carefully crafted and portion sizes were not too large. Only complaint: two of the wines we ordered were out of stock and not so designated on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicebadude01Dined on 11/14/2014The bartender was also the server for our lunch. He was awesome, quick on his feet, and very friendly. The goat cheese with fruit and walnuts were yummy along with the pumpkin soup and Caesar salad. A little bit cold but that's a historic building for you. Always enjoy coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialEatorbeatenDined on 11/8/2014No warning regarding the spiciness of the coconut milk sauce with the Mahi Mahi. Hanger steak was tasty but a little tough.Special Features:
- still got it after 20 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 11/6/2014thanks guys. Nice to re-visit an old favorite. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely country diningBjp0298Dined on 11/6/2014Good food in a nice setting in beautiful countryside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2014Lunch was wonderful. Met a classmate I hadn't seen for 50 years and was so happy I chose the Tewksbury Inn. So many delicious choices, service was impeccable but discreet. We had plenty of time to talk. I had the Carpaccio and the Blackened Cat Fish, both were prepared perfectly. Always a great spot for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Feel right at homebadude01Dined on 11/1/2014Perfect place and the chef never disappoints! The best brunch going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Foodcaptg3Dined on 10/31/2014As always the food was great and service was promptSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BFC1Dined on 10/20/2014We have been many times ! The food and staff continue to deliver the best in the area!Special Features:
- Charming restaurantln28Dined on 10/18/2014We received a gift certificate for this restaurant, otherwise I don't know if we would have ever gone. It's a wonderful place and I'm so glad we were able to try it. It's expensive, so it's not someplace to go often, but for a treat, it's a great place. It's been around for so long, so people all know how good it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014great food, great service. Host Robbie is always great. I had the skirt steak and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!NJFoodieDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I have been frequent customers over the years. On the overall, we love dining here, whether it be in the fall and winter indoors, as well as the summer when we can dine alfresco. The fish is great, the chicken is the most tender that I have eaten anywhere and the salads are always fresh. The only dish that I will now avoid is the beef tenderloin which I found last night to be over peppered and difficult to finish. But since everything is cooked to order, I will discuss specifics ahead if I choose to order it in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesripley03Dined on 10/10/2014Never disappointed. I have never had a bad experience at the Tewksbury Inn. Have been there lunch, as well as dinner. Any special occasion we will more likely than not go to the Tewksbury Inn. The food is always delicious and the atmosphere very comfortable. My husband, who is a beef lover, always orders the chicken. One of my favorites is the beet salad.Special Features:
- Urban lunchCarolynDined on 10/3/2014Met a friend for lunch. Quaint decor. Salads were delicious. Service was just right. Will definately go back - next time for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very gooodRickDined on 9/27/2014From a nice weekend lunch or brunch to a special dinner, this is the ideal place.Special Features:
- Good timeBeachgirlDined on 9/23/2014We began the evening with lobster appetizer. It consisted of meat from the lobster body and claw sitting in a light creamy sauce. I had the roasted Halibut, it was very good. My friend had the beef short ribs, tender and tasty. We had peach Melba for dessert, delicious! We were there on a very busy week night and our waitress took very good care of us. The restaurant is noisy and lively. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKathiDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealDoctorZDined on 9/18/2014Been going here for over 20 years and never had a bad meal - in fact, they have all been wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like seeing an old friendFinefoodfanDined on 9/10/2014Fine olde traditional place with buzz and space between tables. A great place to catch up with friends. You can converse without shouting, nor is it a library. Service with a smile, unhurried but attentive. Relax, enjoy the quaint bar or go straight to table, inside or out, dining room or bar area. Had been a long time. Good to see the place is even better than I remembered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food always great! Always great specials , great drinks, good service! One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday luncheonKTFgalsDined on 8/26/2014Four great friends met for lunch, the chef salad was so disappointing and not on par with the food at this inn. Greens were not fresh it had one piece of turkey and one of roast beef, we had to ask the server to bring more as it was so skimpy for the price it was charging. No bread to accompany the salads ordered. The rest of the lunch was ok, bees were a nuisance but that is the trade off when dining outdoors. Had dinner two weeks prior and food was great, will not return for lunch and don't recommend it.Special Features:
- First Time dinerfun2dineDined on 8/17/2014We received a gift card to eat at Tewksbury Inn as a wedding gift. We invited our good friends to join us for our first time experience. The hostesses were pleasant and accommodating. The server was a professional and attentive but not intrusive. The wine was superb and we enjoyed having quite a list to choose from. We enjoyed signature cocktails with our starters and a wonderful wine with our dinner. The food was superb! We savored every dish ordered from the carrot ginger soup to the salad to the lobster strudel. The swordfish melted in our mouth and was perfect with the risotto dish and perfectly cooked vegetables. We ended our evening with fresh baked peach turnover and 20yr port. Perfect.Special Features:
- Classic pub and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014It's a classic pub with great food! The bar is a great place to hang out and eat great food, the dinning room is a bit more formal, and the out door dining is a great place to be see and be seen. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, endless waitHurriedDined on 8/7/2014I took a business lunch group to the Inn. Beautiful day lovely table, incredible food (though my portion of fish was tiny), but we waited and waited and waited. We had a 2 hour lunch which needed to be under an hour. Won't come back for lunch with business associates. We were all antsy.Special Features:
- Will keep coming back!Chesterite2Dined on 8/2/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the area. Food is always great, have been a # of Xs and never disappointed. Wait staff well trained and versed but not at all intrusive. Fresh menu that changes with the season. Outside dining area is lovely. Stage coach stop in former days set in "downtown" area of Tewksbury - which includes perhaps 8 buildings of the same era. Very picturesque in itself. A definite find we keep sharing with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch4dinersDined on 8/1/2014Four of us celebrated a birthday lunch here. This was our first time at the Tewksbury Inn and were very pleased with the food and service. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmRdsawksDined on 7/30/2014I had high expectation after what I had read/heard...we arrived and waited several minutes before someone arrived to seat us. Brought to a table in the room with the bar. Fortunately, it was lunchtime and not very active. Our server was pleasant but most of the time MIA. Our food was grossly under seasoned. The Caesar salad had toe very large pieces of Parmesan cheese and looked unappealing. I hate when a server does not write down our order- especially since I have food allergies and order very specifically. To his credit everything was ok although my chicken was a little underdone and I ordered it well done. We were never offered coffee or dessert and took over 15 minutes after our plates cleared to ask for check. Not running back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place to eat!CateDined on 7/27/2014It was my first time at the Tewksbury Inn . The food was great, the menu had many choices to choose from and the waitress was very courteous and professional. Eating lunch on the terrace was very relaxing and we were never rushed. I enjoyed myself and would eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 178 reviews are from the Tewksbury Inn reviews archive.
- Good experiencewillrecommendDined on 7/24/2014Overall, we had a nice dinner. We were there for a business meeting so the only negative was that we were sitting at a table too small for our party of six. Great outdoor dining.Special Features:
- chrisDined on 7/20/2014as always a very quiet sunday afternoon....enjoyed the ambiance, people and food ...usually hit the tewks 4 times a yearSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchSundayDined on 7/20/2014My Mother In Law loves this restaurant. We went for lunch on a Sunday. The food is excellent. Service is very good. We love the classic feel of the old home. There was an issue with flies buzzing around. The front door swings open and closed and they must have been coming in through the front door. So we were swatting at them all through the meal. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, service, ambienceNewtoTownDined on 7/18/2014Since we are new to town, this was our first visit to the Tewksbury Inn. We had dinner on a Friday night, and everything was superb. We enjoyed great seafood, wine and very friendly service (the host and owner both personally made sure that we were enjoying our dining experience). We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, people , Overall GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Have not been there in years, Still a Great Place to drink eat so - onSpecial Features:
- Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014The chef wasnt very accommodating to my wife's dietary needs. They weren't even that difficult, to make everything plain (no sauce or what have you) No need for follow-up, I learned the reason thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We've been to the Tewksbury Inn several times and it does not disappoint. The food is delicious - I had the lobster appetizer and the Mahi Mahi main course and my fiance had the calamari and the filet mignon main course and we were very pleased! Another highlight from the night is that they carried our FAVORITE summer beer, it's called "come hell or high watermelon," which was awesome. We've never seen this beer at any restaurant and have only been able to buy it at whole foods. The atmosphere is incredibly romantic, quaint, and special, and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining experiencelsbianco57Dined on 6/27/2014I returned to the Tewksbury Inn for a birthday celebration after not having been there in over a year. Some old favorites were still on the menu as well as some new selections. Food was excellent, service was very good, and it was an overall enjoyable experience. Even parking was not bad. In the past I sometimes had to park in a nearby lot.Special Features: