55 Old Turnpike Road
Oldwick, NJ 08858Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thetewksburyinn.com/
- Phone: 9084392641
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm,
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:30 - 9:00,
Monday - Thursday: 5:30 - 10:00,
Friday - Saturday: 5:30 - 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Quintile
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Tewksbury Inn
Oldwick is in the heart of the Hunterdon County horse country, and the Tewksbury Inn is at the center of this 18th-century historic district. The Inn is a former stagecoach stop where the 21st-century traveler can enjoy the traditional friendly tavern atmosphere with fine food that reflects wide ranging influences. In 2008 the Tewksbury Inn began opening on Mondays for the first time and those who join us have been in for a real treat: Our entire wine list at half price. Our exquisite food deserves pairing with an equally great wine and at this value, we think you will agree.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tewksbury Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)great for brunch (9)good for groups (9)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Like seeing an old friendFinefoodfanDined on 9/10/2014Fine olde traditional place with buzz and space between tables. A great place to catch up with friends. You can converse without shouting, nor is it a library. Service with a smile, unhurried but attentive. Relax, enjoy the quaint bar or go straight to table, inside or out, dining room or bar area. Had been a long time. Good to see the place is even better than I remembered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Food always great! Always great specials , great drinks, good service! One of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday luncheonKTFgalsDined on 8/26/2014Four great friends met for lunch, the chef salad was so disappointing and not on par with the food at this inn. Greens were not fresh it had one piece of turkey and one of roast beef, we had to ask the server to bring more as it was so skimpy for the price it was charging. No bread to accompany the salads ordered. The rest of the lunch was ok, bees were a nuisance but that is the trade off when dining outdoors. Had dinner two weeks prior and food was great, will not return for lunch and don't recommend it.Special Features:
- First Time dinerfun2dineDined on 8/17/2014We received a gift card to eat at Tewksbury Inn as a wedding gift. We invited our good friends to join us for our first time experience. The hostesses were pleasant and accommodating. The server was a professional and attentive but not intrusive. The wine was superb and we enjoyed having quite a list to choose from. We enjoyed signature cocktails with our starters and a wonderful wine with our dinner. The food was superb! We savored every dish ordered from the carrot ginger soup to the salad to the lobster strudel. The swordfish melted in our mouth and was perfect with the risotto dish and perfectly cooked vegetables. We ended our evening with fresh baked peach turnover and 20yr port. Perfect.Special Features:
- Classic pub and moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014It's a classic pub with great food! The bar is a great place to hang out and eat great food, the dinning room is a bit more formal, and the out door dining is a great place to be see and be seen. Friendly serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, endless waitHurriedDined on 8/7/2014I took a business lunch group to the Inn. Beautiful day lovely table, incredible food (though my portion of fish was tiny), but we waited and waited and waited. We had a 2 hour lunch which needed to be under an hour. Won't come back for lunch with business associates. We were all antsy.Special Features:
- Will keep coming back!Chesterite2Dined on 8/2/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the area. Food is always great, have been a # of Xs and never disappointed. Wait staff well trained and versed but not at all intrusive. Fresh menu that changes with the season. Outside dining area is lovely. Stage coach stop in former days set in "downtown" area of Tewksbury - which includes perhaps 8 buildings of the same era. Very picturesque in itself. A definite find we keep sharing with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch4dinersDined on 8/1/2014Four of us celebrated a birthday lunch here. This was our first time at the Tewksbury Inn and were very pleased with the food and service. A great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmRdsawksDined on 7/30/2014I had high expectation after what I had read/heard...we arrived and waited several minutes before someone arrived to seat us. Brought to a table in the room with the bar. Fortunately, it was lunchtime and not very active. Our server was pleasant but most of the time MIA. Our food was grossly under seasoned. The Caesar salad had toe very large pieces of Parmesan cheese and looked unappealing. I hate when a server does not write down our order- especially since I have food allergies and order very specifically. To his credit everything was ok although my chicken was a little underdone and I ordered it well done. We were never offered coffee or dessert and took over 15 minutes after our plates cleared to ask for check. Not running back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Place to eat!CateDined on 7/27/2014It was my first time at the Tewksbury Inn . The food was great, the menu had many choices to choose from and the waitress was very courteous and professional. Eating lunch on the terrace was very relaxing and we were never rushed. I enjoyed myself and would eat there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experiencewillrecommendDined on 7/24/2014Overall, we had a nice dinner. We were there for a business meeting so the only negative was that we were sitting at a table too small for our party of six. Great outdoor dining.Special Features:
- chrisDined on 7/20/2014as always a very quiet sunday afternoon....enjoyed the ambiance, people and food ...usually hit the tewks 4 times a yearSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchSundayDined on 7/20/2014My Mother In Law loves this restaurant. We went for lunch on a Sunday. The food is excellent. Service is very good. We love the classic feel of the old home. There was an issue with flies buzzing around. The front door swings open and closed and they must have been coming in through the front door. So we were swatting at them all through the meal. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Exceptional food, service, ambienceNewtoTownDined on 7/18/2014Since we are new to town, this was our first visit to the Tewksbury Inn. We had dinner on a Friday night, and everything was superb. We enjoyed great seafood, wine and very friendly service (the host and owner both personally made sure that we were enjoying our dining experience). We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, people , Overall GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Have not been there in years, Still a Great Place to drink eat so - onSpecial Features:
- Really?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2014The chef wasnt very accommodating to my wife's dietary needs. They weren't even that difficult, to make everything plain (no sauce or what have you) No need for follow-up, I learned the reason thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We've been to the Tewksbury Inn several times and it does not disappoint. The food is delicious - I had the lobster appetizer and the Mahi Mahi main course and my fiance had the calamari and the filet mignon main course and we were very pleased! Another highlight from the night is that they carried our FAVORITE summer beer, it's called "come hell or high watermelon," which was awesome. We've never seen this beer at any restaurant and have only been able to buy it at whole foods. The atmosphere is incredibly romantic, quaint, and special, and we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dining experiencelsbianco57Dined on 6/27/2014I returned to the Tewksbury Inn for a birthday celebration after not having been there in over a year. Some old favorites were still on the menu as well as some new selections. Food was excellent, service was very good, and it was an overall enjoyable experience. Even parking was not bad. In the past I sometimes had to park in a nearby lot.Special Features:
- Understated EleganceRabbitsDined on 6/24/2014A delightful restaurant! A very special gem - much loved. Great bar;lovely dining room; nice outdoor patio; excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserved for romanceSaturdaysDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant with the perfect setting and fantastic food. Their chefs salad is one of the best, served with a slice of toasted garlic bread; nice touch. Their main courses are put together nicely, but I would suggest a "king" and "queen" size for some of the meals, namely the hangar steak which is a way too little portion for a big man's appetite.Special Features:
- Great lunch on a beautiful day!bougetgarniDined on 6/20/2014The lunch menu had great variety and all of our meals were fabulous! If you are in a hurry, be sure to tell the server, as our lunch took a while to come. But it was great to dine outside and we were not in a hurry. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back....for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingGrahamDined on 6/17/2014MY husband and I had a wonderful outdoor dining experience. We were celebrating an Anniversary. The whole evening was perfection. Looking forward to bringing friends. Also want to do lunch soon. Thank You for making this a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chrisDined on 6/15/2014MULTIPLE VISITOR TO THE INN!!! GREAT AMBIANCE AND GOOD FOOD...MENU CHANGES BY THE SEASON AND WE GO 4 X A YEAR...A MUST FOR ANY JERSYEAN WHO WANTS TO GO BACK TO A TIME WHEN LIFE WASNT 287 AND 78Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealsDonandJohnDined on 6/14/2014Nice presentation, friendly staff. We will dine there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Surprisingly GoodtristeandlawrenceVIPDined on 6/12/2014Have always enjoyed lunch here but finally made it to dinner here twice this week - really enjoyed it but by the end of the night it got difficult to hear conversation because the dining room got very loud.
- outstanding againOldhockeyplayerDined on 6/9/2014another great meal at TI. food was fantastic, wine is half price on monday's, so an additional bonus. everyone remarked how much they loved their dishes; grilled salmon, braise lamb shank, salads, etc. fantastic.Special Features:
- Roast chicken to drive miles for!DarkestPeruDined on 6/7/2014A lovely spot - indoors or out. Dishes prepared in a straight-forward way. From fish to chicken...just deliceious. Attentive service, too.Special Features:
- Great Local SpotKAL3Dined on 6/6/2014Reliably good food, wine and service. Charming spot in a charming town. Relaxed, upbeat atmosphere. Skirt steak is always good.Special Features:
- relaxed outdoor dininglauritaDined on 6/6/2014On Friday night I thought it would be a great idea to unwind at a restaurant that offered great food and outdoor dining. The only place I could think of to fit the bill was the Tewkesbury Inn. We were not disappointed. Stacey our serve, was friendly and professional, and our dinners were delightful. The weather that night was gorgeous so it was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect AfternoonMenoDined on 6/6/2014Gracious accommodating service, terrific menu selection and good food. We had a lovely lunch sitting outside on a cool beautiful day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Again!GenniferDined on 5/28/2014Thanks for another great date night with my husband. We always enjoy the staff and the food! Will see you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotRitzVIPDined on 5/28/2014Had lunch with a few friends and it was great. We usually go here for lunch and I always seem to enjoy it. There are always specials and sometimes those choices are good and other times just ok. They make a great burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the Tewksbury Inn reviews archive.
- Anniversary DinnerJumboVIPDined on 5/18/2014I wanted something quiet and romantic and the Tewks certainly didn't let me down! The Filet Mignon over Risotta was expecially good. I wish I had saved room for dessert. Next time!Special Features:
- Excellent findSammy55SneadDined on 5/14/2014The area and Inn takes you back in time. The tavern area was vibrant for a Wednesday evening. We ate in the dining area which is much quieter. Maybe because it wasn't a busy night. My wife enjoyed her starter salad and my bowl of mussels were tender and tasty. The main course of Cod was fresh and a good choice for fish lovers. I decided on the hanger steak and was delightfully surprised. The presentation gets an A and the food an A+. The steak was perfectly prepared, mash potatoes whipped nicely and asparagus grilled along with a delicious sauce. If you are looking for a little out of the way restaurant in the Jersey countryside which still has an 18th century feel to it, stop by the Tewksbury Inn.Special Features:
- Food Prep and Service below parBWNBWDined on 5/10/2014My wife & I dined at Tewksbury Inn on Sat. May 10. Having read many glowing reviews, I was looking forward to something special. We started with mixed greens & Boston Bibb salads, which were finely presented & very tasty. The waitress DID ask how our salads were. However, my spouse's filet mignon, which was ordered 'medium', was actually cooked 'well done'. She said it was tasty, but she was disappointed there was *no hint* of pink color. I was very disappointed in my stuffed veal top round. About 25% of it was *raw*. The parts that were cooked were actually done very nicely. The stuffed items- goat cheese, asparagus, roasted red peppers -were delicious. But about 25% of the veal, raw? The waitress NEVER asked how our entrees were. :(Special Features:
- marcDined on 5/10/2014staff was pleasant and helpful. Have small children and one has peanut allergies. They were understanding and accomodating. great soup. Enjoy the sandwiches and salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2014I can always rely on the food here being delicious. I usually get my favorites - Mixed green salad and Bistro Chicken. In fact, this is probably the only place I order chicken, its that good. My husband usually experiments a bit more and everything he orders is great. I would give the place 5 stars but for 2 reasons. They could change up the menu just a little; I think its been the same for at least 15 years. And the décor, while classic, is getting a little tired looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I was there in the outdoor cafe during the summer and it was delightful and the food was good. We came back for Easter dinner and the dining room was charming and food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GenniferDined on 4/15/2014Thank you, again for another wonderful dinner with friends. You are our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningmrhutchinsonDined on 4/14/2014This was our first visit to Tewksbury Inn. The food was very good to excellent, and they have an extensive wine list. We enjoyed a very nice Pinot Noir. We ate in the dining room (not the bar), which is better suited to conversation. Our server was helpful and responsive at first, then seemed to disappear for a while. I think they might have been a little short on wait staff that night. Tables are on the small side - if you have a party of four you really have just enough room for your plate and glasses - no more. All in all, we enjoyed ourselves and will likely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.