Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club
1880 Main Street
Tewksbury, MA 01876Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tewksburycc.com/
- Phone: 9786400033
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Invite us to your next party! The same quality food that is prepared and served at the Tewksbury Country Club is available for your gathering. Sorry.....Pick Up Only!
- Private Party Facilities: For private dining or large reservations we offer Andrea's when available.
- Private Party Contact: Judy Vasas 9786400033x10
- Entertainment: Piano with Vocal Entertainment is enjoyed in the Tew-Mac Tavern on Friday & Saturday evenings from 7:00 to 10:00 by several local talented musicians
A word from Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: Dine in the Tew-Mac Tavern for panoramic views of the Golf Course and a cozy atmosphere year-round. The Tavern which is considered the "Best Kept Secret in Town" is open to the public, casual and is known for its Outdoor Patio in season. The traditional New England menu is extensive and offers fresh seasonal dishes for everyone at affordable prices. All menu items are created from scratch by our experienced culinary staff. The Tew-Mac Tavern offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere with magnificent detailed woodwork, a beautiful baby grand piano and a native fieldstone fireplace. This dining experience is not to be missed. for panoramic views of the Golf Course and a cozy atmosphere year-round. The Tavern which is considered the "Best Kept Secret in Town" is open to the public, casual and is known for its Outdoor Patio in season. The traditional New England menu is extensive and offers fresh seasonal dishes for everyone at affordable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club - Best Restaurants in Tewksbury ›
Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)scenic view (18)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (14)good for groups (10)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Tew-Mac TavernmaxiedogDined on 9/26/2014Always a great dining experience. A very nice place to take friends. Service is fast and efficient. Food was well prepared and hot. On this particular visit the piano player was a bit loud, making normal conversation extremely hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRinnyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Everyone in our party enjoyed their food. The service was super!Special Features:
- Good spot to eat outdoorsRedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything was good...nothing was great. Nice chance to eat outside before the weather turns cold. They hired a guy to sing - he was like really good karaoke (sorry if I spelled that wrong). If he played an instrument or sang songs that came out after 1980 it would have been OK but, it wasn't.Special Features:
- Once again!WallyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Our second time this month. As good as it gets, food and service was great. Met up with four other friends for dinner and drinks. Just plain terrific, and all our guests were very happy with the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice outdoor diningRaylafVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nice fireplace and beautiful view. The food was good but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stumbled in, Boy am I happy I did!WallyVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had come to this restaurant quite a long while ago and it was good. But after making a quick decision to get for some food, my wife and I found them here on Open Table site. The food was outstanding, and the service was great also. Come for casual dining for just the two of you, or bring your next family gathering or party here. You cannot go wrong.Special Features:
- Scenic Patio DiningReneeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We got a table outside on the patio behind the club for dinner and we had a great view of the golf course. Wait staff was very busy and it seems like a hopping spot for dinner. Had great martinis as well as a surf and turf which were really good. Menu has a lot of GF items for celiac customers, so we hope to check it out again with our family who needs this option.Special Features:
- Tewksbury's JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Party of 4. Pleasant atmosphere, great food, great setting, reasonably priced and close to home. Frequent at least 2 or 3 times a month. Mussels were cooked to perfection, pear and blue cheese salad fresh and great dressing, pan-seared scallops fresh and firm, prime rib very tender. Only negative comment waitress needed a little professional mannerisms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tccfanDined on 8/8/2014Went with 7 other people for a birthday dinner. Service was great and the food was delicious. The hostess, Molly, was so pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- EnjoyedRinnyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Like to try the specials. The veal cutlet was very tasty!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014The Tew Mac Tavern at the Tewksbury Country, was as expected, wonderful. We hVe never been disappointed when we go there. Our waitress, Molly, was superb! She was very friendly and the service was great. The food never disappoints no matter whatever we order.Special Features:
- WilsonDined on 7/20/2014We were looking for quiet patio dining & found the Tewksbury CC. Easy to get a table outside overlooking the golf course. We shared the eggplant rollatini for an appetizer and I had the pear salad with turkey tips for dinner, both were very good. My husband had the scallops, which looked delicious as well and my daughter had the mac and cheese - very rich. All in I would go back.Special Features:
- Outdoor Patio DiningRinnyVIPDined on 7/12/2014The outdoor patio dining was busy, which left the inside quiet & cool. The food was very good & tasty: salmon & chicken marsala. The staff 8s always efficient & friendly.Special Features:
- What a Great Dinner OutMarcVIPDined on 7/5/2014I thought going to a country club for dinner might be a little snooty and expensive. This was neither, but the property was beautiful. The food and the service was outstanding, down to earth and comfortable. The clam chowder was amongst the best I've ever had and my roast turkey dinner was great. The turkey was juicy (not easy for poultry) and the serving was ample. The rolls too (with the baked garlic) were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The more things change...TCCNeighborDined on 6/30/2014excellent remodel job, outside was great. food excellant as usual. service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Perfect evening on the patiowoodieDined on 6/23/2014On a recent summer night, a group of friends met on the patio for dinner and had a wonderful time. The food was great, the patio was beautiful, and the waitresses were great. I would recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- DubbyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food was Average and lacking flavor. Will not go back due to very limited menu!!!
- RinnyVIPDined on 6/18/2014There were no problems with our food. Tried the Tew-Mac & Cheese. It was different, but tasty. The eggplant rollatini was very good.Special Features:
- Great for special celebrations!GREATDined on 6/15/2014Great Food even for kids, Beautiful View and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the Tew-Mac Tavern - Tewksbury Country Club reviews archive.
- Tew-Mac, Too BadMikeVIPDined on 5/17/2014We gave Tew-Mac a 2nd chance after last month's fiasco with under cooked seared scallops (sent out twice barely cooked). 20 minutes after ordering, I had to track done the waitress for our salads, rolls never came. Finally the entrees, my ($22) scallops were hot and cooked fine however only (3) scallops were served with the meal instead of the usual (5). My wife's New England Schrod was ice cold and under cooked. After taking a small piece from the corner, I called the normally friendly manager over. The now disinterested manager took it and said he would have another piece cooked. Less than 5 minutes later, the same piece w/corner missing was sent back to us. After tasting the twice cooked fish, we were done.
- Tewksbury CCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Great food, atmospher and the piano player was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside seating gem........ERL1VIPDined on 5/17/2014I was looking for a place close to where I live and noticed this available on a Sat night--it was a great find and a perfect night to eat outside.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRinnyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Always like coming here. The staff is always friendly & the food is good. I like the specials every week & the new menu has some interesting items.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Good morning! I made reservations the morning of Mother's Day to dine on the patio with my mother, the Queen. And that's exactly how we were treated; like royalty. Despite a slight wait because of their overwhelming headcount on the holiday, Robert (the GM) made us feel right at home and seated us on the patio, as requested. The food was excellent and our server Tim was a delight. Great job Tew-Mac! I will definitely recommend and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Although our server was super friendly, I don't feel like our needs were heard. Little things like bringing mashed potatoes with my plate when I asked for sweet potato fries, the drink order was not accurate when we asked for one a similar one came but not what we ordered, then four of the same cocktails were ordered, two came in one glass and two in smaller glasses. It just didn't look good. The veal parm. was very dissappointing but the sirloin tips were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass on this one.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went a few times and the latest time for Mother's Day. Service was awful. Our umbrella flew out of its holder and hit one member of our party in the head (the umbrella was not properly secured). Food was just average. Pass on this place - many better places in the area that are much better.
- Service a slow tonightCarol55Dined on 5/9/2014For the first time we found the service to be very slow. We ordered appetizers and asked for bread, neither came out before our meals were served. It was very busy, not an empty table in the place and the waitress manager was very quick to apologize and offer to comp us a round of drinks so we did not feel as though we were just left hanging. Our meals were great, we ordered deserts and they were also fantastic. I will chock this up as an off night as far as the service went and will definitely be back.
- Traveller's GemJohannaDined on 5/6/2014Spent a couple of days in Tewksbury and found this lovely eatery on the web. Both Terry the bartender and Bob the manager were very friendly and helpful. the food was well prepared, not too rich or greasy, the portions were ample and the price was reasonable. Nice touch of roasted garlic with the hot dinner rolls. Beautiful view of the golf course.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/6/2014Simply wonderful in all areas! We have been to the Tew Mac Tavern at the Tewksbury Country Club many times! It has been superb each time! The food, service, friendliness of the staff, the reasonable prices are the things that keep people coming back.Special Features:
- TCC - Tew Mac RestaurantNewplaces2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food's really well done. That said I marked this as special occasion because it's a bit expensive. But what can you expect from a country club? Service was o.k. But had to ask waiter for more coffee. Second time he asked on his own but took his sweet time about it. Maybe that's their policy to cheap out on the coffee. But not at a country club where they shouldn't be doing that. Also, he'd never seen us before. It didn't even occur to him to ask if our coming there was for a special occasion. It was. If their employees need to be told what to do, rather than simply doing it as a matter of course? Between that & the prices, probably not going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014The only complaint/disappointment I have is that I arrrived earlier than the rest of my party and I mentioned to the waitress and hostess we were celebrating a birthday and would like the chocolate cake as a surprise. The waitress did not take the hint and when it came time for dessert she asked if I still wanted the cake in front of everyone and when it was brought over the candle had already gone out and she just put the cake down and very quitely wished her a happy birthday. Not sure what your procedures are with regard to birthday wishes but I feel a better effort could have been made.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- son and granddaughter's birthdaytopaz123Dined on 4/29/2014There was a league gathered after golf and the noise level was very high. By the time we left at 8:00 it was much quieter. The specials of the night were unremarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!OrelseDined on 4/21/2014Eaten lunch several times with old friends, has always been perfect setting, service and food. Looking forward to trying it for dinner, especially because it has a pianist at night.Special Features:
- Great Place Meeting with Friends!NancyIDined on 4/12/2014This has become our "go to place" for a gathering with friends that we don't get to see very often. We have met on a Saturday at Noon and had drinks and appetizers - which are wonderful, especially the eggplant rollatini, followed by our favorite lunch item which is the Thanksgiving wrap. Our waiter, Ahmed, we had more than once, is excellent. We love our lunches at Tew-Mac Tavern and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE had made reservations forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014WE had made reservations for 6 were seated as soon as we arrived.which was the best .enjoyed ourdinner very much . we will do this again. thank you for for good service good food ,and a over all good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodie5Dined on 3/8/2014Tew-Mac is a great place for some homemade food. Piano player was a bit loud on this particular night. Food was hot and tasty. Service was excellent. Warm bread with garlic to spread. Salads have a lot of variety. Chicken dish was amazing. Too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LulubellDined on 3/8/2014We have been to the Tavern before, but kind of forgot about it. Then a friend was talking about how involved in the community the owners of the TCC are and we decided to go back for dinner. It has a great view of the golf course, and it is a small intimate setting. The service was great (our waiter was Ahmed). The rolls arrived with oil and roasted garlic. That was a treat. We each had one of the specials and both were delicious. There was also a piano player starting around 6 PM playing Billy Joel, Elton John and the Beatles. We will be going back.Special Features:
- SpecialsRinnyVIPDined on 2/28/2014Love trying the items on the specials list. They are always introducing somrthing new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menu, the drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014Love the menu, the drinks and the service. The noise level is loud though for a place you would consider fairly romantic . They have nice soft lighting, a fireplace and a piano lounge singer but the noise level is more like a bar . There is no separation between the bar and the dining room and with the servers gathering and talking at the bar getting drinks and food orders for pickup the place is noisy . It won't stop me from going back - everything else was excellent and the prices are reasonable for big portions.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningfolsDined on 2/21/2014Group of six. Drinks, food, service and clean table. All well done. First time to restaurant for all. Each plan to come back when weather permits outdoor dining. Would recommend.Special Features: