1114 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tetechicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 733-1178
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, French
- Executive Chef: Thomas Rice & Kurt Guzowski
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our Chefs will work on an individual basis to craft a menu that works for both parties and budgets
A word from TETE Charcuterie
Driven by the history of Chicago, the traditions of France, and the pursuit of excellence, Chefs Thomas Rice and Kurt Guzowski aim to create a resounding passion for life and food by sharing the art of charcuterie with their hometown. We come together as family to create a charcuterie experience that honors its neighborhood origins in France while strengthening our local Chicago community through the shared passion for food that brings us greater meaning.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
TETE Charcuterie - Best Restaurants in West Loop ›
TETE Charcuterie reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (26)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (17)notable wine list (15)late-night find (10)romantic (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not only CharcuterieDancinartDined on 11/21/2014We didn't try Tete Charcuterie for 8 months because we figured it would be heavy meats and just weren't in the mood for that. Surprise! It's extraordinary, with amazingly delicious meats, yes, but also the most glorious fish, veggie and pasta dishes as well. You could actually come here as a vegetarian and leave happy. Don't skip dessert! Just go. And if you're heading to City Winery, it's 1/2 block away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be brave and trust in your serverCleoDined on 11/15/2014Whether you're used to head cheese or simply prefer cheese and crackers, I suggest heeding your server's recommendations and save your questions until the end. A small charcuterie plate, some pickles and the American dog (I think it should be chicago style but I'm not complaining) hit the spot on a first date. The table next to us had a bowl of like 50 vegetables and I think that will be a must for next time. And oh, yes, there will certainly be a next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDmgp712Dined on 11/8/2014This experience was reserved for my parents. They had a great time and are definitely planning to go back. Go Tête! Winning over the young and old alike. :)Special Features:
- Great Food!AlexDined on 11/6/2014Every dish we tried was great, and the service and overall hospitality matched the great food. Try the Philippines Sausage and the Winter Garden - both fantastic.Special Features:
- Tête is Têrrific!Dmgp712Dined on 10/23/2014I have been to Tête several times and I'm never disappointed. It's great for group dinners and sharing. The charcuterie is delicious and I love the fish and vegetable entrées as well. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- Great as always!Dmgp712Dined on 10/22/2014Enjoy my time at Tête, every time. Great food and drinks. Love going with groups and sharing!Special Features:
- Good for what it isH20skier66Dined on 10/18/2014Charcuterie is what Charcuterie is. Tete Charcuterie does a nice job of preparing what they prepare. I liked very much their cured meats and sausages. Unfortunately for them Head Cheese is well...Head Cheese either you like it or you don't. Same goes for certain Bologne, Patte, and other types of non-cured sausages. In fairness this is not my favorite type of food. HOWEVER - Tete may be the best option for it in Chicago.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceFoodIsLifeDined on 10/16/2014I enjoyed a delicious and unique birthday dinner at TETE Charcuterie and I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere! The food was amazing both in presentation and taste, and the laid-back nature of the restaurant made me feel comfortable and at ease as a first-time patron. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Meat Wavejody987Dined on 10/11/2014As a avid charcuterie fan, the meats are great and would pass even the most discerning critics. My suggestion would be that boards come with a cheese option for an additional cost. It would just serve the enhance the pairing of the meat and wine. What is better than meat, cheese, and wine together? If one existed, I did not see it, or it was not prominently featured. Great wine list too.Special Features:
- Excellent Choice!JLChicagoDined on 9/20/2014I selected Tete off of Open Table to celebrate my birthday with friends from out of town. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Surprise birthday dessert. Thanks for a lovely evening and perfect birthday celebration.Special Features:
- OhgirlfriendVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food at TETE was good, but it took us almost an hour to receive our entres. Something was clearly up when we dined here. We heard the table next to us voice multiple complaints and the GM was making the rounds. The staff was friendly, but for the price of the evening the experience was lacking. We ended up taking our entre home after waiting around. We also noticed several people around us getting comped things due to the wait. This seemed to be in situations where diners voiced clear complaints. In situations like this, it would be nice to receive some of that love without having to complain. Off nights happen and I'm O.K. waiting things out while the kitchen catches up. A bonus glass of wine would make that hour wait way better.Special Features:
- Home run addition to the West LoopTomBowenVIPDined on 9/13/2014Tete Charcuterie is a fantastic addition to the West Loop's already impressive lineup of restaurants. My wife and I had items from each section of the menu: Charcuterie (the Coppa), Pate and Terrine (Duck Rillette), Starters (an impressive tomato salad), and Entree (Monkfish to die for). Presentation was exquisite, flavors jumped off the plate, and the service was courteous and knowledgeable. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- New AdventureTALLDined on 9/12/2014For our annual culinary adventure we chose Chicago and specifically wanted to dine at TETE. It was an exciting and fun experience. It was perfect because the server was willing to guide us through menu selections step by step. As others recommended we took his suggestions and sat back and enjoyed. Great presentations and so tasty. Having a group of at least 4 allows for lots of sampling and a great time. It was a young crowd so quite energetic and enjoyable for we seniors. We highly recommend this restaurant for a great dining adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!thepupDined on 9/4/2014A great overall experience, we let our server, Dudi, choose all of our dishes and he did a excellent job! New and interesting flavours at a reasonable price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantjobaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Outstanding, creative food in a beautiful setting. Knowledgeable staff. Excellent service. Desserts not up to the rest of the menu.Special Features:
- Best Dinner EverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Tete Charcuterie is one of the best restaurants in Chicago. Hands. Down. The chefs are masters at what they do and I can't wait to go back again and again. It takes a special skill-set to do what they do and I hope the rest of the city wakes up and makes a reservation as quickly as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star Charcuterie!!!GabyVIPDined on 8/29/2014We decided to sit outside, it was a great evening for it and since the noise level inside was too loud. We started with Burgundian Pate to start then followed by my all time favorite beef cheek salad (YUM), perfectly seasoned and so tender. Chefs Tom and Kurt sent out a=their heirloom tomato terrine with a parmesan crisp. Stellar! Philippine sausage (longganiza) with garlic friend rice. I would have wanted this more crisp on the outside and still juicy inside, the way most of the longganisas are prepared in most regions in the Philippines. Then we had the sweetbreads topped with black truffles. Another star! YES, I would definitely go back again and again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/20143 meat-lovers went to a charcuterie and were sadly disappointed by the large board -- it all basically tasted the same! The French and Moroccan sausages were tasty but the accompaniments were minimal. Dismal dessert selection. Only one cheese selection. Extremely noisy!! None of us will go back.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I stopped in on a weekday evening and had a great meal. We ordered a bottle of the chenin blanc and asked several questions about the menu so our helpful waiter stepped in and offered to put together a menu for us. We then were served the duck terrine (really, really good), the beef cheeks (fantastic, would definitely order again!), and the shisito peppers to start. Next was the Philippines sausage which was SO good - reminded me of bibimbap (my favorite Korean dish) and the bacon - amazing. We were starting to fill up so just had one more course - the summer garden. I would never have ordered it but I am so glad we got to eat it - probably my favorite vegetables ever! We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- GWC1VIPDined on 8/15/2014Everything was thoughtfully done here. The staff from top to bottom was excellent and understood their roles. The server we had was one of the best I have experienced. The food was so flavorful and complex, a great dining experience, will return.Special Features:
- They know what they are doing!LisaEDined on 8/15/2014We had a truly memorable meal...makes Chicago a city worth visiting just for the food. The charcuterie board was the highlight (love the head cheese). Gracious and responsive service; the waiters clearly loved the food and wanted our experience to be the best it could. Will certainly return.Special Features:
- Great Selection of cured meatseriestDined on 8/15/2014We had a group of 8 ladies dine here one night, staff is very friendly and has a lot of great recommendations. They were patient with us and allowed us to take our time. Great drinks and a great time what more could you ask for! :)Special Features:
- Not just charcuterieSPGChicagoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Don't let the name of this restaurant limit your thinking, or your appetite. While the cured meats, pates and terrines, and sausages are diverse and outstanding, so is the rest of the menu. On our visit our group ordered the fish, the scallops and the duck. Each person raved about their choice. But perhaps the most wonderful surprise was the vegetable (summer) medley which we shared. Dozens of different vegetables were served together but tasted as if they'd been cooked individually and creatively. A virtuoso dish! And the fact that there is only one dessert should also be a plus, because it appeals to everyone. Truly a fabulous meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014I really liked the food - everything was delicoius and I can appreciate that the menu was focused on meat but it would have been nice to have some more choices as an accompaniement to the meat dishes, like veggies, salads, and/or cheesesSpecial Features:
- tulipVIPDined on 8/7/2014great waitstaff ! knowledable and personable . menu items are very light portions thoughSpecial Features:
- Delicious diningDmgp712Dined on 8/6/2014I've been to Tête several times since is April opening and I've loved every visit! The food is fantastic, the signature cocktails are yummy and the atmosphere is great. I plan on many more future visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but LimitedSeriousFoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014The Charcuterie is great but the menu is very limited. If everyone in your part likes cured meat and wine then you will love this resturant but if you don't like the cured meat there isn't much more to choose from. I also found that the accompaniments where a little stark. We choose 3 different curred meats no cheese on the menu so it came on a board with a couple of slices of toasted bread and a small ramakin of butter pickles in the middle of the meat and then a small ramakin of mustard seed on the side. I personaly like a little something sweet with my meat and some cheese so even though the salumi itself was great I probaly won't go back. I need a little more to choose from.Special Features:
- It's be tough to compete with Tete!MLH82Dined on 7/30/2014Great new spot in the West Loop. Love the open kitchen idea and the displayed cured meats made me looking forward to dinner as I enjoyed a great old fashioned at the bar. As my date arrived, we took it out side and ordered with the help of our server suggesting what would be great for two to share and would work well together. We loved everything. The beef cheek and fluke were something different than I'd ever tried and I loved them. Fluke had great kick with a curry-esque bite. Pork belly was decadent and perfect. Salad was so simple and delicious. Duck was a great way to end the meal. The team at Tete made for a great experience! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the TETE Charcuterie reviews archive.
- retiredfoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014We liked the design, atmosphere, friendliness. A comfortable feel. The charcuterie board was great and we appreciated the inclusion of the one we requested. If you order a meat it won't be included on the board which is great. Loved the fluke and the boudin and philippine sausage.There are choices for those non meat eaters as well as an American hot dog.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find on Randolph!!wjmrVIPDined on 7/19/2014We LOVED our meal at TETE Charceuterie! The food and device were exceptional. The four of us shared the large Charceuterie board and loved it. The pate, meats and accompaniments were exceptional!! We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got the Meat Sweats?mblackweVIPDined on 7/16/2014We let the waiters pick and choose the menu for our 5 person group and it was a great idea (even too much meat...)Special Features:
- TETE CharcuterieChicagoMariaVIPDined on 7/16/2014This place is excellent for charcuterie lovers! I almost always order the charcuterie board when I see it on a menu so this place was right up my alley. The charcuterie selection was great and had some really interesting choices. The entrees were more limited but also very good. Drinks were an A+! Our bartender Matt was very friendly and made some delicious drinks - we even decided to forego a table and eat at the bar since we were having such a good conversation. Chef Brian was also extremely helpful and friendly. Not to mention our server Carlos who made some wonderful recommendations. We would definitely go back and can't wait to try other dishes at this hot new charcuterie focused spot on Randolph!Special Features:
- Charcuterie DisappointmentUrbanFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Listed on the Chicago Magazine "Hot List", my husband & I asked our foodie friends to join us at 7pm on a Saturday evening. Upon arrival I noticed 2/3 of the tables were empty, which is not a good sign. Our "ascot wearing" waiter was quite pompous. Was he confused and thought he was working at Sixteen @ The Trump? Then the mgr. came over to our table and asked how we heard about the restaurant. Considering the other tables were filled with suburban/tourist type, I'm sure she was surprised to see city dwellers. The food was average. Plain and simple. Maybe our expectations were set too high by our waiter, who replied "exquisite" each time we inquired about an item on the menu (?). Sadly, we will never know. We will not be returning.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Great great sausage dishes. Wondwrful avocado gazpacho. Large board had enough food to be a good start for dour people. Also great La Colombe coffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014good friendly service, fairly priced menu sausages are great - looking for more gluten free items on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great food ad servicesoptayVIPDined on 7/3/2014I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the food, was concerned it would be all meat (not a bad thing). The variety was awesome and the summer salad is a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Tete in your headRscar1VIPDined on 7/2/2014Great vibe, knowledgeable eager to please staff, decor perfectly paired with the good concept and remarkable fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall IncredibleTurkDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant has a great atmosphere, but the service and food set it apart. We got there a tad late for our reservation and they were fully accommodating to that. We were going to see a show at 7:30 and got to the restaurant around 6:15. I know that is rushing it, but it was the only time we had. The waitor immediately recognized we were in a bit of a time crunch. He made his suggestions, and we placed our orders. The small board for the appetizer was perfect. Then we tried one of the sausages as a shared appetizer round 2. Then we each got an entree (scallops and lamb, both phenomenal). Within an hour we had had 2 appetizers an entree each and a bottle of wine. We made it to the show on time with full bellies and completely satisfiedSpecial Features:
- Great food and attention to detailsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/18/2014Tete delivers exactly what it promises with delicious cold cuts, pates and the likes. There are still a few vegetable dishes (the garden salad is amazing!!) for everyone to find something suitable. Service was great with the owners stopping to chat. It was my birthday and they brought me a T shirt and clever cute bday card as a surprise. Was unexpected and cute! Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25 for 10 slices of cold cuts?ValouVIPDined on 6/7/2014This place is way overpriced. We ordered the small cold cuts board and were really disappointed by the quality and quantity. The finocchiona and one of the pates were good but the rest was not. We also ordered a merguez sausage which had nothing to do with the real Moroccan sausage. The portion was also ridiculously tiny. Honestly I don't recommend going there. It is overhyped, overpriced and the food is not particularly good.Special Features: