967 Old Country Rd
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tesorosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5163340022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Giannuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full service off-site catering including staff, tents, chairs, entertainment, any theme.
- Private Party Contact: Tony or Angelo 5163340023
A word from Tesoro Ristorante
Comfortable atmosphere and professional service and fine dining with your choice of atrium room overlooking natural setting or main room with full bar where it all happens, or our private dining room with warm fireplace setting the mood bon-appetite !!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Tesoro Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
Tesoro Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)good for groups (21)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Stay away on Saturday nights!BozoVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had previously dined here on a Sunday and had a pleasant experience. Not so on Saturday night. The service was spotty at best. Orders were forgotten or served without regard to the diners's requests. The noise level was absurd, even though we were seated in an alcove. They had booked a large party in their back room which added to the chaos. That created a mob scene in the bar area as people co narrated there. No return visits for us on Saturday night, that's for sure!
- one of our best dining experiencesoldfoodieDined on 10/18/2014our family comes here for special occasions-graduations, baptisms, new year's eve, and now my husband's 60th birthday...always a great meal and a memorable time. friends coming for the first time with us Saturday night were very impressed.Special Features:
- Good eatsLikesfoodDined on 10/17/2014Food was delicious, Service was good, is there anything else I have to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real ItalianwhereweatethisweekDined on 10/3/2014Tesoro's offers real Italian food at its best, fresh, delicious and cooked perfect. The daily special halibut excellent, baked clams as good as it gets. the veal Tesoro is my favorite.Special Features:
- Fabulous!VortexDined on 9/27/2014The food is wonderful. The service is attentive. You are treated like family. A great Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red carpet roll outRosaDined on 9/19/2014Staff and even the owner checked on us constantly. Price was great, and food was great. Definitely returning to this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceDiningDanDined on 9/13/2014Intimate bar setting. The friendly staff and good food made for a pleasant evening. It was our first time there and we will be back. Ask the owner, Tony, about his role in "Boardwalk Empire"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Traditional Italian menu but perfectly prepared. Very knowledgable and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Food is amazing and the service is just as good. Ask for Joe, he knows how to take care of his customers. Every dish I've gotten here is better then the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Dinning at Tesoro was like dinning in manhattan, with reasonable prices. Food and service was out of this world. The name Tesoro is true, it really is the treasure of Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleaseant surpriseNicolevDined on 8/17/2014My family has lived in the area for many years and have always said we wanted to try this restaurant. I don't know what took us so long but I'm glad we did try it! The owner was very friendly and the food was good. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodMykidsmomDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and portions very substantial. . If you go ask for the waiter joseph, he's excellent and very efficient at what he does. Also has the best table locations in the house. Owner/host very accommodating and they don't rush you through your mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMmmmmmVIPDined on 8/2/2014For over 30 years Tesoro is still the go to place for an excellent meal. Besides the full menu they will make you any dish that you can think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!happy2eatoutDined on 8/2/2014I love Tesoro! Great food .. Great service.. Always eager to accommodate & please.. Not super expensive.. I have eaten there with my husband.. With A few friends and with my whole family of 10 including 2 toddlers & I also went to a 50th wedding party in their private room and the experience was terrific in every scenerio! And I have always used open table to make my reservations! Also great!ZSpecial Features:
- Old reliableFazio55VIPDined on 8/1/2014We go here often and never dissapoints. Its not great but always good, fair price and great service. Family owned and operated with old school italian flareI would recommend this to a friend.
- LesterbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always great food and service never had a bad meal at Tesoro
- RedfoxVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite Italian restaurants. The service and food are consistently great. It really is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!Gail1023Dined on 7/19/2014I love this place. I have made two parties here and food and service is superb!! I have dinner here on Saturday nights often with friends and always have a great meal.Special Features:
- great foodshels1818Dined on 7/19/2014My favorite dish is the whole branzino fish with a side order of pasta marinara. They also have great salads and desserts. A neighborhood gem located in Westbury NY.Special Features:
- Excellent -food -service -ambianceScooter19Dined on 7/18/2014Not living locally - I haven't been to Tesoro's in many years. I suggested we meet some friends at Tesoro's being that it was half way between both our homes. Being a Friday night - I had made a reservation - so we were still able to be seated as soon as we walked in the door. The food was excellent - the choice was difficult - since everything sounded so delicious. All of us ordered a different meal - from fish - pasta - meat - & we were all sampling each others b/c they were all so good. We made sure we had room for the raspberry crumb cheesecake - which was outstanding. The staff is very attentive. Complimentary after dinner cordial a plus..we will definitely be back very soon - b/c of the food - service & hospitality we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiredDiner63VIPDined on 7/5/2014This Italian restaurant feels old and tired. There was really no ambiance in the big open room. In fact the restaurant was quiet but it took an awfully long time to get our meals. The ceasar salad was overly dressed and the rest of the meal just ok. While the food was fine, the experience was nothing special. We left feeling there was no real reason to return
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Very pleasant dining experience. ...clearly a neighborhood family restaurant, they were quite welcoming to the newcomers. Food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Tesoro Ristorante reviews archive.
- Doesn't disappointkittyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Dependable and pleasant. Never rushed and food is consistently good.Special Features:
- ReviewnoneDined on 6/10/2014Food was outstanding, as was the service, it was prompt and available without hovering. We live out in Eastern Suffolk County but try to stop by when we are in NassauSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 6/7/2014best food in town.been going for 10 years and never dissappointsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Tesoro's is always a great meal and wonderful service. The staff is friendly and the kitchen is always willing to make something that is not on the menu.Special Features:
- Kathy EfluffyVIPDined on 4/19/2014My favorite place! The service was wonderful and the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMichelleDined on 4/12/2014WOW...the food is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! The service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restuarant. This was my first time hear and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudlauraDined on 4/5/2014Could not hear person across from me. Server was Rushing us and seemed arrogant. We go to many restaurants And wanted to try a new place. Would not go back The food was very good. Too bad the rest was not Appealing.
- always a pleasurealfieDined on 3/29/2014always great eating at Tesoro. Thank God i made reservations with Open Table because it was packed. Ordered the crab cakes with lobster sauce which was delicious. For dinner i had the Chilean Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection. The waiters were extremely friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entered the restaurant thegracieDined on 3/22/2014Entered the restaurant the gentleman at the front continued his conversation as we stood there not even greeted.they need to work on there presentation of the food . Not what I expected from a for starred resturant..Special Features:
- One of my fav'sPhillnDined on 3/15/2014We have been going here often for years. One of our fav's. the veal tesoro is a must. Great service & my wife loves Tony!Special Features:
- great foodJosephDined on 3/14/2014Noise level is a concern, but the food choices and quality are wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner.Beauty7Dined on 3/9/2014I have been to Tesoro's for Client Meetings & Dinners in the past & always appreciate the Food & Service here. Early Sunday Lunch / Dinner of 13 people to commemorate my Parents. We started with Hot Antipasto for the Table consisting of Shrimp, Mussels in red sauce, Eggplant Rollatini, Fried Calamari & all were delicious. Entrees : Veal Rollatine (one of the Specials), Veal with Castagna, Chicken Parmigiana, Linquini with Mixed Seafood, Salmon, etc. Everyone enjoyed their dishes & portions were ample. Stag's Leap Cabernet & an Italian Pinot Grigio rounded out the Meal nicely. Desserts: Tartufo, Italian Cheesecake, Gelato, Cappucino, Expresso's Wait Staff was attentive & friendly at our Dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolFazio55VIPDined on 3/7/2014Classic new York southern Italian food. Service is smooth with personality. Beet salad is the best. Calamari rules. Sauce is rich souther Italian style. Place has been there 40 yearsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfully surprised!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Ive lived near this restaurant for over twenty years and never ate there. Aside from the ridiculously long line to valet park, it was a fabulous experience. The food was wonderful, the company my favorite- and all in all a place I would certainly come back to. The portions were very large n nicely presented. Go try it for yourself -great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines daycrisDined on 2/14/2014We went here for Valentines day and ended up getting the specials. shrimp wrapped in bacon was delicious. wine was good price. Zuppa di pesce was absolutely delicious. will be returningSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent. IFLLPVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food was excellent. I enjoyed being able to have a business meeting while having a great lunch.Special Features:
- Never disappointing , theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/24/2014Never disappointing , the host and owner Tony is such a great and friendly host. He is on top of every thing that is going on! I love to dine at Tesoro for a delicious dinner....Special Features:
- Excellent food, old world feelOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/24/2014Food was great, hard to judge the service because there was a party and the place may have been more busy than usual. Would definitely go back thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.