967 Old Country Rd
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tesorosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (516) 334-0022
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Giannuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Full service off-site catering including staff, tents, chairs, entertainment, any theme.
- Private Party Contact: Tony or Angelo 5163340023
A word from Tesoro Ristorante
Comfortable atmosphere and professional service and fine dining with your choice of atrium room overlooking natural setting or main room with full bar where it all happens, or our private dining room with warm fireplace setting the mood bon-appetite !!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tesoro Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (22)romantic (13)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014My first experience with tesoro's cuisine was at a house party that then catered the food and staff were amazing. I had to go visit the restaurant with my family for dinner the was again excellent service very professional we will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite hot spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2014My first visit to Tesoro was at a private party. They had regular dinners in their beautiful room which has a fireplace. The food was exquisite and the service was excellent. I returned recently with family and again the food and service was second to none definately my new hot spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/14/2014We came to this place for the first time, and I must admit I cannot WAIT to go back. No exaggeration, this place is amazing. Our waiter, David was simply wonderful. For starters he suggested Portabello Mushroom & Mozzeralla Puff Pastry which was simply delicious. It' is not listed on the menu, you have to request it. Try requesting when you are making your reservations so they have it ready by the time you arrive. For the main course we decided on Rigatoni a la vodka; needless to say another mouth watering dish. The service is impeccable and the manager, Tony made sure to come to our table to ask us how everything was and then even upon our leaving. Being that we are vegetarian he also suggested making several other dishes for us, even though they were not on the menu. We are going to take him up on his suggestion very soon! This has now become our favorite Italian restaurant. It was a bit out of our way, but trust me the drive was worth it. I have already suggested it to all my friends . If you're in the area please do yourself a favor and go there! You will not be disappointed. BTW, if you want a good secluded corner table, ask for table no 45. Bon Appetit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaWDined on 11/8/2014We had an 8 reservation for 7 on a Sat evening & the hostess didn't seem too concerned about how long we were waiting when we were still waiting at 8:35. She merely informed us that she couldn't ask the table we were slated for to get up. When we finally sat down, the service was okay, not great; we had to consistently ask for more water. The food was delicious but the ambiance is nothing special, the service was just okay and for $160 per couple (everyone had two drinks, an appetizer and an entree) there are SOOO many nicer places to go to. If the restaurant would had offered us a round of drinks while we waited or apologized or sent over anything at all, we may have felt better about it but they did absolutely nothing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We were coming to Long Island from CT to see a show at the Westbury Theater and had no idea where to eat so this was chosen at random. Boy was it a good choice!! The food was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Our waiter even gave us a bag of ice so we could bring our doggie bag home to CT safely. If it wasn't 2 hours away it would surely be my new favorite restaurant! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to a friendEdG1111VIPDined on 11/1/2014A friend of ours has been dining here for (literally) decades, with "never a bad meal". No complaints here, and it looks to me like the next time will be very good, too. If you want very quiet dining, however, the main room will not do for you. You might request the back room if your party is large enough.Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Another great meal at Tesoro. Finally brought some friends after dining here numerous times (all great experiences). Our group of 6 was taken care of excellently by Joseph. Everything from the appetizer to dessert was prepared exquisitely. Will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly goodJNeumanDined on 11/1/2014We've eaten here numerous times and the food is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Truly Wonderful!!AuntieDeeDined on 10/30/2014We were celebrating a dear friend's birthday, and this was our first visit to Tesoro. The restaurant had been enthusiastically recommended by another Tesoro admirer. The welcome was cordial and warm and the ambience cozy. We were approached for our selection of beverages immediately which set a lovely tone of attentive but not frantic. Our server, Joseph, a very polished but never pretentious and really quite young man, seemed as though he had been doing this since birth. He was so relaxed and natural in his conversation. The list of specials was so extensive and impressive, that one hardly needed a regular menu which was just as tempting. The food was delicious, the presentation inviting and the service impeccable. A great night out. Go!Special Features:
- love this placefatboynellyVIPDined on 10/26/2014i have been to tesoros many many times.this time it was for my mothers birthday.she loves this place.the owner and his staff are amazing.we are greeted right away,had a really nice table step up for us.food was perfect.service was priceless!mom had a great birthday.great job guys!!see you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Our visit to Tesoro was amazing for a Saturday night. The atmosphere was busy but service and food was still on point like always. Which is rare for busy restaurants like Tesoro.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK ..STEVENFROMSETAUKETNEWYORKVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was average at best. Been there once is enough!
- Stay away on Saturday nights!BozoVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had previously dined here on a Sunday and had a pleasant experience. Not so on Saturday night. The service was spotty at best. Orders were forgotten or served without regard to the diners's requests. The noise level was absurd, even though we were seated in an alcove. They had booked a large party in their back room which added to the chaos. That created a mob scene in the bar area as people co narrated there. No return visits for us on Saturday night, that's for sure!
- one of our best dining experiencesoldfoodieDined on 10/18/2014our family comes here for special occasions-graduations, baptisms, new year's eve, and now my husband's 60th birthday...always a great meal and a memorable time. friends coming for the first time with us Saturday night were very impressed.Special Features:
- Good eatsLikesfoodDined on 10/17/2014Food was delicious, Service was good, is there anything else I have to saySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- real ItalianwhereweatethisweekDined on 10/3/2014Tesoro's offers real Italian food at its best, fresh, delicious and cooked perfect. The daily special halibut excellent, baked clams as good as it gets. the veal Tesoro is my favorite.Special Features:
- Fabulous!VortexDined on 9/27/2014The food is wonderful. The service is attentive. You are treated like family. A great Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red carpet roll outRosaDined on 9/19/2014Staff and even the owner checked on us constantly. Price was great, and food was great. Definitely returning to this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceDiningDanDined on 9/13/2014Intimate bar setting. The friendly staff and good food made for a pleasant evening. It was our first time there and we will be back. Ask the owner, Tony, about his role in "Boardwalk Empire"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2014Traditional Italian menu but perfectly prepared. Very knowledgable and friendly staffSpecial Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Food is amazing and the service is just as good. Ask for Joe, he knows how to take care of his customers. Every dish I've gotten here is better then the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Dinning at Tesoro was like dinning in manhattan, with reasonable prices. Food and service was out of this world. The name Tesoro is true, it really is the treasure of Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleaseant surpriseNicolevDined on 8/17/2014My family has lived in the area for many years and have always said we wanted to try this restaurant. I don't know what took us so long but I'm glad we did try it! The owner was very friendly and the food was good. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodMykidsmomDined on 8/16/2014Food was excellent and portions very substantial. . If you go ask for the waiter joseph, he's excellent and very efficient at what he does. Also has the best table locations in the house. Owner/host very accommodating and they don't rush you through your mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMmmmmmVIPDined on 8/2/2014For over 30 years Tesoro is still the go to place for an excellent meal. Besides the full menu they will make you any dish that you can think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!happy2eatoutDined on 8/2/2014I love Tesoro! Great food .. Great service.. Always eager to accommodate & please.. Not super expensive.. I have eaten there with my husband.. With A few friends and with my whole family of 10 including 2 toddlers & I also went to a 50th wedding party in their private room and the experience was terrific in every scenerio! And I have always used open table to make my reservations! Also great!ZSpecial Features:
- Old reliableFazio55VIPDined on 8/1/2014We go here often and never dissapoints. Its not great but always good, fair price and great service. Family owned and operated with old school italian flareI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 105 reviews are from the Tesoro Ristorante reviews archive.
- LesterbVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always great food and service never had a bad meal at Tesoro
- RedfoxVIPDined on 7/19/2014This is one of our favorite Italian restaurants. The service and food are consistently great. It really is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!Gail1023Dined on 7/19/2014I love this place. I have made two parties here and food and service is superb!! I have dinner here on Saturday nights often with friends and always have a great meal.Special Features:
- great foodshels1818Dined on 7/19/2014My favorite dish is the whole branzino fish with a side order of pasta marinara. They also have great salads and desserts. A neighborhood gem located in Westbury NY.Special Features:
- Excellent -food -service -ambianceScooter19Dined on 7/18/2014Not living locally - I haven't been to Tesoro's in many years. I suggested we meet some friends at Tesoro's being that it was half way between both our homes. Being a Friday night - I had made a reservation - so we were still able to be seated as soon as we walked in the door. The food was excellent - the choice was difficult - since everything sounded so delicious. All of us ordered a different meal - from fish - pasta - meat - & we were all sampling each others b/c they were all so good. We made sure we had room for the raspberry crumb cheesecake - which was outstanding. The staff is very attentive. Complimentary after dinner cordial a plus..we will definitely be back very soon - b/c of the food - service & hospitality we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiredDiner63VIPDined on 7/5/2014This Italian restaurant feels old and tired. There was really no ambiance in the big open room. In fact the restaurant was quiet but it took an awfully long time to get our meals. The ceasar salad was overly dressed and the rest of the meal just ok. While the food was fine, the experience was nothing special. We left feeling there was no real reason to return
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/5/2014Very pleasant dining experience. ...clearly a neighborhood family restaurant, they were quite welcoming to the newcomers. Food was excellent and the service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't disappointkittyVIPDined on 6/25/2014Dependable and pleasant. Never rushed and food is consistently good.Special Features:
- ReviewnoneVIPDined on 6/10/2014Food was outstanding, as was the service, it was prompt and available without hovering. We live out in Eastern Suffolk County but try to stop by when we are in NassauSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 6/7/2014best food in town.been going for 10 years and never dissappointsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Tesoro's is always a great meal and wonderful service. The staff is friendly and the kitchen is always willing to make something that is not on the menu.Special Features:
- Kathy EfluffyVIPDined on 4/19/2014My favorite place! The service was wonderful and the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMichelleDined on 4/12/2014WOW...the food is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! The service was exceptional. I would highly recommend this restuarant. This was my first time hear and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.