65 East Adams
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tesorichicago.com/
- Phone: 3127869911x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
Monday - Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
Bar & Lounge
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Andrew Deuel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hosting a party? Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive reception we have the ideal space to create a memorable experience for your occasion.
Our culinary team can craft menus in the style of your event, or you may select one of our pre-set options. Guests will enjoy sipping hand-crafted cocktails with the urban backdrop of tesori’s patio, while the restaurant, lounge and private dining room create a casual, yet vibrant atmosphere for any size party.
A word from tesori
Chef Andrew Deuel is at the helm bringing Italian-inspired cuisine and global wines to this new neighborhood spot in the loop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
tesori reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)special occasion (53)great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (33)romantic (29)notable wine list (26)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014My take away was not secured properly and leaked. The restaurant was lovely ; we had the whole place to ourselves.Special Features:
- Perfection before the SymphonyLesleyswcDined on 8/24/2014We ate here with our son to celebrate his birthday and let them know we had tickets to the concert. The service was thoughtful and efficient but not rushed. The good was excellent and we got great wine advice as well. It is a lovely setting connected directly to the Symphony Center via a concourse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvieniencelawsparkDined on 8/24/2014The location was super convenient for the show at CSO. Service was alright, a little pushy at the start, then barely existant. The food was good, although for the price to portion not particularly amazing. Except for its proximity to our event, I don't know that I'd go a second time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TesoriOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Thought most of the reviews were pretty accurate. Food was very good. All 3 of us loved our dinner. My son was disappointed that they were out of the lasagna but loved the duck ravioli. The roasted vegetables were also very delicious. Service is a bit slow. We were going to a 7:00 symphony performance so I made reservations for 5:15. Timimg was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Prior to SymphonyRandKDiningDined on 8/24/2014We dined prior to taking in a symphony concert and were tremendously impressed by the staff, food, and service. Our waiter was knowledgeable and personable. The food was fantastic, portion sizes were just right, the wine suggested was lovely. We will definitely be back the next time we venture into the city for a concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicagoFoodieDined on 8/17/2014We enjoy the food and service but especially like being able to hear the conversation at our table. Also, it's within walking distance of where we live.Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We had a little trouble picking something off the menu we wanted but my god were the things we ordered tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Millenium Park Concert VenuedinealotVIPDined on 7/30/2014My friend and I stopped in for an early pre-concert bite at Tesori and found exactly what we had hoped: variety of entree, gracious, attentive service, and excellent food. We opted for pizzas which were very fresh, crispy, and dessert. The wine list is robust, the setting beautiful, and the restaurant is very careful about food allergies and sensitivities. We will return!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/18/2014The cuisine is a little too clever, a little too "creative" for its own good. Standard Italian menu terms are used but what arrives can be very different. Fopr example, my "saltimbocca" did not resemble any dish by that name that I've ever had at any Italian restaurant, either here or in Italy--the veal was overdone and too aggressively seasoned, there was a gluey starch underneath it, and the broccoli rabe was overcooked. All in all a big disappointment for rthe money.
- Great foodMoxieDined on 7/9/2014friendly spot, nice bar, had something really good every time i've been here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spotFordoDined on 7/8/2014We decided to go here for a pre-theater meal. The food was excellent, service was spot on and the price was right. We were happy with the experience and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space and foodPowerLDined on 7/8/2014Food was very good and tasty. Service was nice as well. This place has great interior lighting. It only needs more access to tables outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European style diningLeslieVIPDined on 7/8/2014The meal was lovely, but lunch took over two hours due to slooooowwww service. Luckily, we weren't in a hurry and the food, atmosphere and company were worth the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably terrificDennyVIPDined on 7/7/2014Food, service, ambience always top notch. Creative and excellent menu as wellSpecial Features:
- Pleasant SurpriselafmDined on 7/6/2014We were seated immediately and there were only a few other diners in the room. I thought our *waiter was a little slow in acknowledging us, so to speed things up when he came to take our drink order we also placed our food order. The food was EXCELLENT!! We had an appetizer of scallops. For our entrees, we ordered chicken cacciatore, spinach ricotta ravioli, and seafood linguini. Every dish had its own unique flavors. The chicken in the chicken cacciatore was very tender, the ravioli was in a light butter sauce and the red sauce in the linguini was delicious. *Although the waiter was a little slow, to be fair all the other help in the dining room did an excellent job in assisting. We would definitely eat there again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014delicious food! lovely romantic anniversary evening dinner for a couple.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/5/2014We chose the restaurant because it was very close to the theater we were going to. We arrived on the early side so it was not yet busy. We did not have drinks or wine so we could be awake for the 2.5 hour play that was to follow. The service was exceptional and the food was great. I had the smoked trout salad and it was unusual and a wonderful surprise as well. They had a veal special that was sliced thin, rolled and served on a bed of spicy greens......really excellent. We are definitely headed back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceBillplDined on 6/29/2014Tried the resturant before going to the theater; food was very good and our waiter was excellent. He was very knowledgable about the menu and offered good suggestions. Atmosphere is great and service timely I have recommended this resturant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014I just dined at Tesori on 06/28/14 with my wife. She ordered the salad of the day and the scallops appetizer while I had the fava bean salad and the risotto. The food was fresh and delicious, all prepared or cooked to perfection. The one thing that made the evening an experience to remember was the service. We were not sure what rose to order and the waitress ended bringing us both bottles to taste and the tasting portion were quite generous. In addition, she overheard my wife trying to convince me to order the brussels sprouts and me not going for it. When our entrees arrived, the waitress had added the brussels srpouts free of charge because she really believed we would love them. And we did. I cannot recommend Tesori highyl enough.Special Features:
- A treat for my nieceSnowellenVIPDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I visited my niece in Chicago over the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed Tesori. It was a relaxing way to end a busy day of sight seeing. The pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Good servicelocalpatronDined on 6/25/2014Good staff. We weren't in a hurry and we never felt rushed Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan for an Early ReservationPaperclipVIPDined on 6/21/2014To avoid being late to a performance of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, this very nice restaurant in Symphony Center can't be beat. However, service is a little slow, and standing in the Orchestra Hall ticket line, then finding your seats takes a little time. Doors close promptly at 8:00 pm, and you won't be able to enter till after completion of the first performance. We'd recommend a reservation a little earlier than you normally would, and use the bathrooms in the restaurant rather than in Orchestra Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMikeDined on 6/20/2014The service was excellent and great atmosphere. The food was very good especially the desert . Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnWDined on 6/20/2014A good, convenient option for CSO events. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014I have eaten at Tesori (and Rhapsody) many times and always enjoy the ambience and food. However, I ordered the steak salad and found meat was overcooked. Also steak knife should have been provided. Right amount of salad dressing. Needed butter on table in addition to oil. Special soup was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before CSOCherDined on 6/19/2014For fabulous, upscale Italian food before the symphony or after the Art Institute, you can't find a more perfect spot. The wait staff is knowledgeable and makes everyone feel welcome. Looking for a small plate & a drink, the bar area was packed, but also has small tables with seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for After the ConcertKrysiaVIPDined on 6/17/2014Located in Orchestra Hall, tesori is a superb venue for concert goers. The food is always excellent and the service is always good; however, the server this time went well beyond her duties to make our dinner most pleasurable. The bartender made one of the best cocktails I have ever drunk, a Grassy Gimlet.Special Features:
- great location, fair foodML03VIPDined on 6/17/2014The shrimp in my dish were severely overcooked. Two complaints to the waiter did not accomplish anything. The 3 other people at my table had very good mealsSpecial Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2014Excellent food! The veal cheek appetizer is absolutely incredible - melt in your mouth, smooth and savory. We also loved the beet salad. Our fish dishes were excellent (though the salmon was not medium rare as requested; just a tad overdone). Excellent wine list, with very good offerings by the glass. Our service was excellent too. We can't wait to come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a little expesiveAYoungDined on 6/17/2014Good but, a little expensive for fairly simple food. Nice atmosphere. I ordered a kale salad with salmon. simple, straight forward, nothing too special or unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRonAIADined on 6/13/2014Excellent spot for a quiet dinner before a concert!!Special Features:
- we enjoy repeated visitsFresserVIPDined on 6/12/2014we are 10 concert CSO subscribers and generally have dinner at Tesori before each concert, not because there are no other choices, but because we always enjoy the experience. The food is varied and interesting and we look forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- SandyMobDined on 6/12/2014Our food was excellent and the service impeccable. I had noted in my reservation that it was my husband's birthday and our dessert came with a chocolate message of "Happy Birthday" and a candle. What a nice ending to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding OvertureLady29VIPDined on 6/12/2014The best way to begin an evening at the symphony - but equal to being the featured performance of any evening's entertainment!Special Features:
- Dropped in for a treatMLynnDined on 6/9/2014Was at the Art Institute and looking for an Italian restaurant nearby ... Settles on Tesori and was rewarded for doing so. The soup special of the day (sweet potato) was smooth and flavorful, the seafood linguine delicious and the spumoni bombe a smooth and yummy ending. I would go again anytime.Special Features:
- My best eating experience, ever!GeneDined on 6/7/2014I had Andrew's specially requested combination of veal cheeks and pork belly, and it was the most taste full foodie experience that I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/6/2014great, quiet, pre-Harris Theatre (or other show) dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little pricey, but pleasantComensalVIPDined on 6/6/2014A nice variety of menu options for all tastes and price points (ditto the wine list), casually classy décor, and friendly & attentive service. A fava bean salad with kale and speck was a delicious start. My lamb osso buco, a special, was hearty & tender, well-matched with rapini and a bit of polenta. My companion’s risotto was a bit salty (as is too often the case), but was nicely graced with fiddleheads, morels and asparagus. The cappuccino was very good, flavorful & creamy. For dessert, an affogato was passably good (and was overshadowed by the accompanying wickedly fine candied hazelnuts). I enjoyed our meal, though I wish it had cost about 15% less. (Is it just me, or are fine dining prices going up?) I’ll likely return…Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FresserVIPDined on 6/5/2014This is my regular pre-concert spot. The food is very good as is the ambience. I am going again this week !Special Features:
- Enjoyable Pre-Concert MealEagle779VIPDined on 6/4/2014Tesori is a very good place for a pre-concert meal. The food and service are good, and you don't have to go outside to get to Orchestra Hall. On our most recent visit, the pappardelle bolognese special was outstanding - al dente pasta, and an excellent traditional sauce. They have a very nice Caesar salad as well. The wine list is a bit weak, but you can usually find one or two adequate wines at reasonable prices. Wine service is always slow, although the food service is usually prompt, but can sometimes lag also, so be sure to leave extra time if you're going to a concert.Special Features: