65 East Adams
Chicago, IL 60603Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tesorichicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 786-9911
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
Monday - Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
Bar & Lounge
Monday - Friday at 11:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef Andrew Deuel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Hosting a party? Whether you're planning an intimate gathering or a festive reception we have the ideal space to create a memorable experience for your occasion.
Our culinary team can craft menus in the style of your event, or you may select one of our pre-set options. Guests will enjoy sipping hand-crafted cocktails with the urban backdrop of tesori’s patio, while the restaurant, lounge and private dining room create a casual, yet vibrant atmosphere for any size party.
A word from tesori
Chef Andrew Deuel is at the helm bringing Italian-inspired cuisine and global wines to this new neighborhood spot in the loop.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
tesori reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (51)special occasion (44)good for groups (38)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (20)late-night find (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (10)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wonderful and ConvenientcityplaceVIPDined on 11/25/2014This restaurant is attached to Symphony Center so is very convenient. It is also wonderful. The new menu has added more casual items such as pizza. Service is very professional. Food and presentation were wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak Park River Forest Community AssociatesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014Excellent food, immediate service for refills. I will be booking, hopefully, for a group of our Associates for December 10. I do not know the number until Dec 3 but will call as soon as I know the number. Hope you can accommodate such a group. I think it could be around 20-30 +. They would order from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Symphony GoersKarenDined on 11/16/2014Before or after symphony, you can't beat tesori! Beside the convenience, we appreciate that the wait staff works attentively to meet performance time constraints and/or train schedules. Our light-dinner choices have always been tasty. Never a hitch with reservations and that's a plus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very TastyPUgrad05Dined on 11/12/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dinner. The service was very friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieover40VIPDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed everything. We all had different entrees; chicken cacciatore, pork chop, branzino and one of the other fish dishes along with the brussel sprouts for a side. Delicious! Also had the chocolate cheesecake and the cannoli. The raddish salad was yummy. The service was great!! Something to note, on a Saturday night there is an early crowd that goes to the Symphony and a late crowd after the Symphony but in between the restaurant is somewhat quiet. We didn't mind, we had great food and great service. Would eat here again.Special Features:
- tesori exceeded our expections!RichardDined on 11/7/2014tesori was an excellent dinner choice before the evening Symphony. Great service, a varied and interesting menu and generous portions of very good food. This was our first dining experience at tesori, and we will be sure to return!Special Features:
- DisappointingnellyDined on 11/7/2014Though the room is lovely and the location most convenient pre-CSO, the food was not as expected. I expected more refined dishes. My duck breast with lentils was undercooked and the plate looked like a homemade stew. Also our order was extremely slow getting out of the kitchen. A free glass of wine helped, but there was no time for dessert or coffee. We were seated at 5:20 and weren't done till 7:30!
- Excellent food and serviceRonSDined on 10/26/2014We go here from the theater whenever we can. The people are always pleasant. The food is always fresh and prepared perfectly. The drink selection is also inviting. Enjoy
- pre-theater excellence!FoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014We went here before seeing Swan Lake -- the food was excellent -- I had the red snapper -- it was cookded perfectly -- moist with an artichoke sauce --ordered the brussel sprouts as a side -- very tasty. I would definitely go back before a concert at Orchestra Hall.Special Features:
- SurprisingstonemaniiDined on 10/23/2014We chose this restaurant for dining prior to enjoying Joffrey perform Swan Lake at Auditorium theater. It is one of the restaurants recommended by the theater and a delightful surprise for us. We had reservations for an early dinner (5 PM) and was treated to the best antipasto plate I've seen in awhile. The menu offers slight variations on the typical Italian theme with a few surprises. I wasn't expecting duck fat fried potatoes, for example, or lasagna layered with paper thin, delicate pasta with Italian veal sausage and kale - most delicious. The overall experience was wonderful.Special Features:
- Pre-concert mealconcertdinersDined on 10/21/2014As we were attending a concert at Symphony Hall that evening, dining at Tesori was very convenient. The food we ordered was very tasty. My only complaint was some limitations in the choices. Over half the menu had bussel sprouts as a component and if you are not a brussel sprout fan, that limited your options for a vegetable. This situation included appetizers. The soup, large meatball, and lasagna were all very tasty and served hot. Good size portions and reasonably priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service neess attentionJohnVIPDined on 10/19/2014We were there for 40 minutes before I got my beer. We allowed an hour and a half for dinner and had to leave before we had a chance for coffee, desert or an after dinner drink, because we had concert tickets. They were friendly and working hard, they just need a better system or twice as many workers. Next time I have symphony tickets, I shall go elsewhere so that I can have a nice meal and get to the concert on time. The food was good but the experience was nerve wracking. And they were out of th beer I wanted, they were out of the soup I wanted, at 6:45 on a sunday.
- great before the ballet!sunfish917Dined on 10/17/2014This was exactly what I wanted prior to seeing the Joffrey ballet. The menu has an assortment of items, so you don't have to feel like you're spending a ton of money. I had the butternut squash risotto and it was delicious. I loved that you got a hefty portion, so I was full just with the risotto. The atmosphere was calm and classy.Special Features:
- Great for pre-theatre mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Can walk to BofA Theatre, Symphony Center, Art Institute or Millennium Park. Huge patio but was cold and rainy when we visited. Lasagna sauce was so hearty and delicious. The fish was fresh and flavorful. Wish we had ordered a side of veggies tho. Second time here before a show and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Wonderful pastas, taste of the two different main dishes were perfect! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyEricDined on 10/11/2014We ate linguini with duck confit and it was awsome. But the noise was too loud we couldn't ear what each other says.
- Great place for dinnerGreaTesoriDined on 10/11/2014Great service, great food and a great place. It's amazing that the prices are still accessible with all this skills and good things. Since the email reservation, the waiter service, the taste of the food, the place, I mean, everything was great. Thank you so much for this great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great !DanydcDined on 10/11/2014Really a great restaurant... Homemade Fresh pasta are excellent !Special Features:
- Terrible service, dingy roomWilmetteBoxerDined on 10/9/2014It took nearly an hour to get our main courses, 25 minutes to get 2 glasses of wine. I asked a question about two different pastas and was told that at *this* restaurant I should read the menu horizontally, not vertically--as if I thought linguini were an ingredient in lasagna? Ignorant and incompetent service. Food not cooked to order--2 duck orders both overcooked, salmon as well. Front of restaurant is nicely lit, but the back tables are dark, lit only with greenish lights over paintings. Staff at front of house is confused, unable to handle rush-hour crowds smoothly. Table service is awful. Food so-so. No reason to eat here.
- Not justWhalesezDined on 10/8/2014Tesori is not just for the Symphony crowd (although plenty of patrons are there) it's for anyone who enjoys gourmet Italian food in a smart atmosphere with excellent service.WhalesezSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant tesori40yearpluschicagofoodproDined on 10/2/2014very convenient for brunch, dinner, or bar snack when attending symphony, with close and easy parking, or combined trip to art institute, with very tasty food, good drinks. and good service! Try the meat ball yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantbabsieDined on 9/30/2014Tesori is a wonderful restaurant with fabulous food and excellent service, even when they are booked solid before the symphony concert. The food is always perfectly prepared and beautifully presented at the right temperature; the wine also is the perfect temperature. A tad heavy on the truffle offerings, but excellent variety and "something for everyone" on the menu.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem!MyOpinionDined on 9/25/2014I had never seen or heard of Tesori and tried it with a couple of girlfriends. It has a beautiful interior with gorgeous woodwork and tiled floors. There is a side yard with trees. The food was fantastic! Our server was very helpful in explaining the menu and led us to some terrific salads. Several of us had the beet salad which compared to many restaurants was large enough as an entree. It was terrific. We split a couple of desserts including a teramisu that was heavenly. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner after going to the Art Institute or even for a business lunch. It is conveniently located near Grant Park Garage, the El and the Loop. I would love to go back for dinner and sit at the beautiful bar next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at bestmelsea0379Dined on 9/23/2014The restaurant itself was very charming and very convenient door the Chicago Symphony Theatre, however the service for getting our food out was extremely slow. I had the chicken, and it was terribly dried out. My friend had the lasagna and liked it. The manager did come over however and apologize and removed the item from the bill. I would definitely go back for a drink due to the ambiance being so nice, but would not waste my time for dinner again.Special Features:
- NickyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was not impressive. We were asked what we wanted for dinner, but had not been given any menus. Limited choices on the menu. Just a so-so meal.
- tesori specials hit the markCharlieBDined on 9/23/2014Four of us enjoyed dinner prior to the CSO concert in fine style at tesori. The service was excellent and delivered with good humor, The evening's specials of beef tenderloin (2/4)and smoked tomato soup (2/4)were pleasant surprises in combination of ingredients and flavors. The pork chop was huge and well sauced, just right for the big guy who ordered it. Dessert was tiramisu, of course....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed my dinner!BandLawDined on 9/22/2014It was a nice restaurant, and the food was pretty good. The menu was a bit exotic, and there wasn't much in the way of more traditional, standard dishes, but it was nice. The service was SLOW - there was a symphony concert that evening and they only appeared to have 1-2 waiters on staff at all, so it took 15+ minutes to get a refill on a drink, etc. Fortunately for myself, I was meeting a friend I hadn't seen in a year so we had plenty to catch up on, but it was unacceptably slow. I will say that the dessert was fantastic! The server was very nice and professional and clearly enjoyed his job. For the price, I was a little disappointed but I would go back and eat there again.
- tucsonbadgerstucsonbadgersVIPDined on 9/21/2014This was my second visit to tesori. When in town, we enjoy going to the Chicago Symphony and visit the Art Institute, both of which are located within a city block of tesori. All previous visits have been exemplary; thus, I was deeply disappointed by this trip where I found the service to be abysmal. Typically, waitstaff in upper class restaurants have been trained in all aspects of a fine dining experience. Usually, they are not allowed to serve customers without such intense training. In this visit to tesori, the person assigned to my table was either ill-equipped in the skill set needed for waitstaff, or simply failed to grasp how to deliver a high quality dining experience--sadly, the entire experience suffered as a result.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Two of us shared a beet salad and a wild mushroom pizza. It was the perfect amount for a "before the ballet" lunch. The quality was fantastic!Special Features:
- Great after a concertjmkoonDined on 9/20/2014We came after seeing the CSO and even though they were probably slammed with other concert goers at the same time, the service was fine - quick and accurate and the food delicious. Would definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- Bar better than restaurantMusicloverDined on 9/20/2014I've always enjoyed stopping at Tesorifor a glass of wine and an appetizer after CSO afternoon performances. The pizzas offered in the bar area are wonderful and the wait staff is friendly and helpful. I've dined in the restaurant twice with far less satisfactory results. Granted, both times were on a Saturday evening and the place was packed to overflowing. I found the menu to be limited and overpriced. Service was mediocre at best.i I will continue to enjoy the offerings in the bar area but will skip the restaurant next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining before the symphony.SaltySueDined on 9/20/2014I've eaten at Tesori several times before attending a CSO performance. The service is always great as is the food. The menu offers something to please everyone. I loved the spumoni bombe that was recently featured on the dessert menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyhDined on 9/19/2014Beautiful setting Tasty food Lovely wine and bread basket My dining companion was seated at another table despite reservation creating confusion for both of us. Staff was apologetic and offered free dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu selectionsTapas4twoDined on 9/18/2014Entrees were vividly described but very bland in actuality. The portion size of the seafood pasta and sausage risotto were kids size. The beet salad was a nice portion and very tasty. The room was full and the noise level made conversation for normal hearing patrons difficult. Server very attentive.
- Decent Dining With PotentialChiJVIPDined on 9/18/2014I've been here for lunch and dinner and have always enjoyed the food. Our recent lunch service was not professional both because of the server and because of the staffing. It appeared that our waitress had many, many tables in the dining room and she had adopted that manner of not surveying all her tables as she moved about, because clearly she wasn't able to get to them all. So that is her manager's fault. But she also did odd things like asking if we'd like a drink but failing to see if we had a drink menu. She also didn't know what certain ingredients were in the drinks on the menu. She was pleasant but not very effective. For the price point, this restaurant's lunch servers should be a notch above.
- poor timingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Food here is typically very good. This time, however, the kitchen did not time the preparation well so tht my salmon was ready 10 minutes before my friend's pasta. The result is that my dish sat under the heat lamps for ten minutes so that by the time it arrived it ws dry and the medium rare salmon had become well done. I was disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Great for business lunch & dinner or a special occasion. Tesori is a lovely space with great food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful!fabfoodieDined on 9/14/2014I had dinner here with two colleagues. The setting is beautiful and calming. The jazz music piped in is enjoyable. I had the kale salad, and spinach ravioli. Both were excellent; delicately flavored.i also ordered a banana swizzle that was not great and filled with so much ice it was complicated to find a way to drink it. I did not taste any banana. Our waiter was new and did his best to get answers for all our questions. We were delivered the wrong dishes and drinks multiple times. Also, we asked that are bills be individual as this was a work dinner. It was not done well. However, the food and atmosphere were top notch!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014We were visiting from Ohio and found this restaurant on Yelp. The food here was fabulous! I enjoyed the kale salad and the scallops appetizer-both were amazing. We were sat next to a large party of about a dozen people who were extremely loud and full of vulgar language this ruined the dinner to an extent. Our service was below par. We waited probably 10 minutes to order wine. Our server brought our bill at the end of the meal and we placed our card with it. She then came over again and set down another bill (the same copy of the first one) and didn't say anything and walked away. It seemed she was too busy with this larger party to give us the appropriate attention.Special Features:
- A conversation-friendly lunch spot!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 9/4/2014So many loop restaurants are loud and crowded that one can barely converse. This wonderful restaurant is great for business lunches and just for catching up with a friend. The menu has just enough choices so as not to be overbearing and the service is always good. It really is my favorite place to dine in the loop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.