Terroni - LA
802 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Terroni - LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 3239540300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11am-4pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10am-4pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4pm-11pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4pm-12am
Happy Hour M-F 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Antonio Giordano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Terroni - LA
New location in downtown Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Terroni - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Terroni - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (45)notable wine list (38)special occasion (32)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (24)romantic (23)late-night find (21)great for brunch (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- As usual, DivinrSitablueDined on 9/14/2014Have loved the Terroni on Beverly...finally tried the one On Spring and 8th...grrrrrrrreat! The only thing that was a slight problem, I had to keep asking for things...like cutlery, plates, etc. Food is outstanding, restaurant,beautifully designed.Special Features:
- Too snotty for their own good!coupdetatDined on 9/12/2014As much as I like Terroni, their policy of no substitutions and no additions to most of their dishes is ridiculous and simply rude. It's not like it's a Michelin Star rated restaurant, or dishes that one can find no where else in the world with the rarest of ingredients that would be ruined otherwise. If my wife asks for a penne arriabata and it's not at all spicy enough for her, how hard is it to offer your customer a side of garlic or side of red cracked pepper to the dish? Get over yourself Terroni!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni - Good but not greatJessicaDined on 9/9/2014This has been a neighborhood go to for me and I've been going there regularly since they opened. I've argued with friends about how great it is and they insist they cannot stand how inflexible the service is and how mediocre the food is. I have 5 standby items here that are fabulous. All their pastas with Ragu are great, their Panna Cotta is fabulous, their Piatto Stutare a great deal and snack and their salads are good as well. The not so good: The deal breaker is their complete lack of understanding of casual dining in LA (yes, you are casual dining at a higher price point). They have an inflexible policy of making slight changes to their dishes. Even for a pregnant woman or someone who has a food restriction.Special Features:
- tRIED AND TRUE NEVER TO DISAPPOINTHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/7/2014the food is always better than many other spots serving similar fare....BUT the wine list is so great! Ask to try something you have never had and the sommelier will be sure to make you love it! Some of the appetizers are to die for...zucchini blossoms...calamari grilled...pasta always worth trying...but do not skip the ricotta fritters for dessert!Special Features:
- Great spotMrsTDined on 9/5/2014Amazing food every time. Great service. Lots of good food to choose from and the specials are always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California GirlCaliforniagirlDined on 9/2/2014This is one of my daughter's favorite restaurants in downtown LA, and after tonight I can see why. The food was delicious, unique and not your run of the mill standard Italian. We shared two appetizers, both very good, then we had pasta for our main course, all the dishes were fabulous! Mine was heaving with truffles (something you don't see that often). But the highlight of the night was our waitress, just so fun and friendly, definitely made our evening special. If your in downtown LA, give this place a try, it won't disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Foodtheloyl1Dined on 8/30/2014I went a couple of weeks ago to celebrate an anniversary and I liked that we arrived (7pm) it wasn't packed. I say that because I felt like service would be quick. However, on this particular evening that was not the case as our server took forever to check up on our table of just two. I can overlook things like that Aside from that the food was excellent. I kept it simple and got the spaghetti and not having spaghetti for a long time it was perhaps the best I'd ever had.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceMwm33Dined on 8/30/2014Barely saw our waitress, waited over 20 minutes for out check....
- CVATDined on 8/28/2014Very nice for a low key birthday celebration. Refined but not stuffy.Special Features:
- A Different ItalyTioBoniVIPDined on 8/26/2014A good selection of appetizers and not your standard pizzas made for a tasty and filling evening. Digestion was aided by several glasses of Soave. Pizzas are large enough to be shared with another and, true to their Italian heritage, are delivered to the table uncut. It was a quiet Tuesday night and the restaurant was only a little more than half full, but it was still pretty noisy. Our server was attentive and very familiar with the menu, wine list and cocktail list. Good food, good service and a good time. We'll be back!
- Good food but limited selectionDoorahDined on 8/23/2014The food was good. However, u had better be in he mood for pasta or pizza which they had a huge selection of. They had 3 or 4 protein selections only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My latest favoriteFriendsandfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014I've always enjoyed Terroni on Beverly but, living in Silverlake, it's usually too far. We've gone to the downtown version several times now and it's made more special by the beautiful building and decor that feels more "upscale." The food and drinks each time have been delicious and the pastas are simply wonderful. All I our guests have been equally impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch in downtown LAChrisH3040VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to this restaurant after a downtown Art Deco Walking Tour. We loved that they had the option of wines by the glass, carafe or bottle. Great selection of menu items. The Tagliotellin with Ragu was one of the bests I've had, even from Italy. My husband ordered the goat cheese eggplant pizza and didn't enjoy it as much. Not the restaurants fault but he didn't care for the taste of goat cheese. Service was quick as the weekend lunch crowd was light. Really cool atmosphere. Would love to come for dinner sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!VoraciousVVIPDined on 8/14/2014Arrived at 6:30 on a Thursday for dinner. Good time, not too busy. We were warmly greeted immediately upon arrival and the hostess arranged for a highchair for our grandson. We were seated within 2 minutes. Our server, Sean was very friendly, attentive and accommodating with our gr. son. We ordered an arugula salad. Fresh and delicious-- not overly dressed, as most restaurants tend to do. The crust on the Margarita pizza was thin and crispy. Not too much sauce, and just the right amount of cheese. The Branzino was fresh, tender and the best I've ever had. The steak (not sure of the cut) was tender, flavorful and delicious. Kim, the manager was fabulous, checking in to make sure all was well! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time in a weekakrrDined on 8/5/2014That's how much i like this place. The staff has been consistently great and the food is good (lots of prosciutto and pork, beware). Parking is easy, valet $8 or street/private lot.Special Features:
- Great for lunch meetingsFraxalatoDined on 8/4/2014Great lunch specials, good for lunch meetings, not super crowdedSpecial Features:
- Great for groups, super service!akrrDined on 8/2/2014Some of the best service that i've seen in downtown LA, they almost treat you like loyalty. All the staff were this way, not just one guy. The pizza is genuine and delicious. Pasta portions are on the smaller size, but the taste is outstanding. Nice building, high ceilings, $8 valet parking right in front on spring street, $5 private lot parking or paid street parking until 8pm (free after 8pm).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian!JonjonjonDined on 8/2/2014I rate my Italian restaurants based on how well the food makes me feel I could be in Italy and this one does very well. I loved the spaghetti in lemon and truffle oil. And basil! Awesome. So simple, so good. This was a first visit so I look forward to coming back. Good, wide variety on the menu. Nice, fun, restored-bank, very LA, interior space. Great addition to downtown. Nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but otherwise greatSiliobearDined on 8/1/2014Had a reunion with former co-workers here but found the place too noisy to have a suitable conversation across the table. The menu was great...handmade pasta dishes (a bit salty due to extensive use of olives), wonderful desserts, half carafes of house wine so our party split one red, one white. Beautiful space, hip vibe. Maybe quieter on weeknights? Parking valet, street or nearby public lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very loud thoughRosebudDined on 7/26/2014It was perfect for us, as we were seeing a show at the Orpheum and needed a place that was open after 10pm. The food was good but the noise level was BEYOND LOUD. It was hard to hear yourself think or to order with the waitress. But we enjoyed ourselves and were surprised that it was one of only a few places open after the theatre lets out in the evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall dinnerSomecallmeoweyDined on 7/26/2014Went here last Saturday with my girlfriend for date night and had a wonderful experience. From the wine selection to the service all was top notch. Would definitely head back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too noisy.GolfncpaDined on 7/26/2014Food was excellent. Some reviews said that the service was terrible. This was definitely not true for us. Our waiter was very attentive without being overbearing. Only problem was the noise factor. It was so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other at a table of 4. Went there with clients from out of town, wanted to catch up so I asked to be seated at a quiet table when I made the reservations. If where we were seated was one of the quietest tables, than I pity the other diners. They must have had to shout to be herd. Even with the loud noise factor, would definitely go back for the delicious food. By the way, had pizza and yes they didn't cut it before bringing to the table, just like in Italy.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food with horrible serviceEvelyndarlingDined on 7/20/2014Food was excellent. We were as easy of customers as one could be, we knew what we wanted, we were patient when our server took our forever to come to our table, we even ordered beverage with our food. However, she was distant, not friendly, spilled our wine and with out saying a word just walked away, and put the check down as soon as we got the food. Busser said he would be back with share plates and never returned. Food was great just still quite expensive for that level of service.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodAnneDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food is delicious. Our server was excellent, the restaurant is very trendy and the food is authentic Italian food. Gluten free options would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot onOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014Terroni consistently delivers tasty, authentic Italian dishes served with pride. There olive oil is the best!Special Features:
- Incredible! EVERYTHINGKaviDined on 7/18/2014I had an amazing experience. The food was incredible. The server was knowledgeable and kind. She told us all about where the food came from and helped us make decisions. She was patient and wonderful. The pizza and pasta was AMAZING!! So was the dessert. I can not wait to go back. I have nothing bad to say about Terroni!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hello?Where is everyone?HelenandPattifavVIPDined on 7/16/2014Love the food here...but the poor service this time -by the servers from the kitchen-actually made us not enjoy the food. Great wine list...but we never had anyone serve it! Waiter took our order and never returned..Food was still better than average but they need to keep their fans happy! Still love the zucchini flowere and carpaccio..pasta was great...make room for cannolis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So authentic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014So close to Italy you almost feel like you are there! I will not eat Italian food anywhere else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2014They need more staff so they can hit all the details. Were a bit understaffed the night we went.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014The food and drinks were great. I shared a grilled octopus salad and spaghetti dish with fresh basil with a friend. Both plates were delicious. Can't wait to go back and try more from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni DelightsSwimFinnDined on 6/21/2014The high ceilings and open interior is inventively designed, mixing contemporary with the historic: e.g. tin ceiling vs huge graphics. I was still being surprised w/interior details after a really stunning dining experience. The foods also blended the traditional with inventive new flavors, textures, colors and aromas. From start to finish, we all were all delighted with the experience. Started with the baked oyster mushrooms - crisp complex flavors. I then split the lemon pasta, having had something like it (we thought) elsewhere. But this was another original experience, with so much deep rich flavor it was like nothing I've had. Then pizza w/smoked salmon, fresh tomatoes - wow! Our waiter's help w/Italian wine was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They call this good food???!!!FoodfitDined on 6/21/2014The food was inedible this can't possibly be considered award winning! A tremendous disappointment!
- Never disappoints!!!!HelenandPattifavVIPDined on 6/19/2014We LOVE this new Italian find...and make sure we always have the stuffed zucchini flowers and save room for cannolis...Best wine list but ask your server for obscure recommendations...This is a great place anytime!Special Features:
- Always GreatDowntownFoodieDined on 6/14/2014We have been to Terroni multiple times - the food is always great. Glad it is only a few blocks from our place!Special Features:
- Amazing Foodjsky286Dined on 6/13/2014Arrived on time our table was ready and we were seated right away. Our food was amazing. We got the Fritelle for dessert and it was so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billchinVIPDined on 6/13/2014Excellent food and service. I don't like their approach of saving the guest's silverware and bot changing to clean silverware between coursesSpecial Features:
- Terroni Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014This is my go to restaurant for taking clients out to lunch or dinner. Fabulous ambience, great food & excellent tables for conversation. a true neighborhood gemSpecial Features:
- Exceptional food lackluster serviceAlohaannaDined on 6/11/2014Ordered the fried zucchini blossoms, which were perfectly crisp and light, the porchetta special was incredible with beautifully roasted potatoes and rapini. The porchetta's flavor was deep and the meat was roasted perfectly. We ended with an arugula salad, wonderfully dressed. The food is not the issue here, it's the snotty, eye-rolling service. Maybe they are understaffed. Who knows? They forgot to check on us for more drinks, silverware, etc. But the food, that is where it's at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Weeknight GetawayDineLADined on 6/11/2014Vespars and pasta with Truffles - how great is that in this old bank establishment bringing back the district to life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, great everything elsewesofancyDined on 6/10/2014The ambiance and service were outstanding. Very romantic for a date night. The cocktails were also delicious! The food was just so-so Italian- not really memorable at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.