Terroni - LA
802 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Terroni - LA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 3239540300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11am-4pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10am-4pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4pm-11pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4pm-12am
Happy Hour M-F 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Antonio Giordano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Terroni - LA
New location in downtown Los Angeles.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Terroni - LA - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Terroni - LA reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (56)good for groups (54)notable wine list (36)hot spot (31)special occasion (28)vibrant bar scene (24)romantic (24)great for lunch (23)late-night find (21)great for brunch (10)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- We keep coming back!NikizfDined on 10/19/2014This is our 3rd time at Terroni (2nd time on Spring) and (once on Beverly). The Spring street location is my favorite; its a former bank building with high ceilings, interesting architecture and a beautiful ambiance. The pasta is fabulous, (my favorite is the lemon pasta)-my husband has the seafood liguini and loved it. We will definitely return and continue to enjoy this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Stunning place, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I've eaten at Terroni on Beverly when they first opened and the food was just amazing. Haven't been back since so I thought I give their new location a try, especially because the place looks amazing. This seems to be another sad case of restaurants that are great till they make a good name for themselves and then decide they can let quality go. A tactic I've never understood, because I for one ain't going back. I had a simple pasta with tomato sauce that tasted like Prego from the supermarket. I had recommended the ragú to my friend which I remembered to be amazing, and it was so meh I was embarrassed. Get the quality of the food on par with the quality of the architecture, people! After all people go to restaurants mainly to eat!
- Way too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/18/2014So loud, you cannot have a decent conversation with your dinner mates.
- billchinVIPDined on 10/16/2014very good food and the barista is excellent for cappucinnoSpecial Features:
- Worth it !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Loved looking at the design renovation ..lighting, black and white movie , ceiling ..etc.. Pasta was nice small proportion . Good flavor . Only complaint ...VERY noisey.Special Features:
- Buon AppetitoChefBaldieriDined on 10/11/2014In a beautiful building downtown. Beautiful architecture with the old italian movies playing from a projector onto the wall is very unique. Food was authentic and spot on. The mezzo e mezzo meat and cheese plate was amazing! Very fresh ingredients, fresh pasta made for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great italian foodsam47Dined on 10/10/2014Have been numerous times and food is always great.Special Features:
- Lunch with StaceyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014The duck proscuitto was amazing. Service was great. Loved that you could taste the wine before ordering!Special Features:
- Truffle Sausage PastaezedinerDined on 10/6/2014It's delish and you must try it! They have a great Happy Hour from 4:30 to 7pm I will be coming back for!Special Features:
- Great pre-show spotswim2kkVIPDined on 10/5/2014Perfect place to dine before we attended the Best in Drag show at the Orpheum Theater located just around the corner. Great food. Terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okMikeyuVIPDined on 10/4/2014We went here on Saturday for a birthday dinner and it's a fin place but the music is really loud and it was difficult to talk across the table without screaming. Our waiter was really nice and great with the suggestions on the menu. Everything was pretty good but nothing so amazing that I'd run back with all the other choices for this type of food in LA. Were the pizzas better than Mozza? Nope! Was the pasta the best ever? Nope!, but it was all pretty good. I think we probably would have preferred the weho location because it looks a lot more quiet.Special Features:
- My New Fav Restaurant in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014This place is a gem! Everything was soooo delicious. I loved the mushroom salad. I have never tasted anything like it. All of the homemade pastas were scrumptious. I highly recommend this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok brunchkittyVIPDined on 9/28/2014came here for brunch, tried out items on their regular menu instead of the brunch menu, it was fair. Nothing really special about but pretty average pricing if people come here for dinner. Brunch would be on the expensive side and nothing 'wow' about.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodEBR325Dined on 9/26/2014We went to Terroni before seeing a show at the Orpheum around the corner. Both food and service were very good. I'd definitely recommend Terroni if you are looking for a good Italian meal in the downtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly AwesomeHappyLadyVIPDined on 9/23/2014Four of use went to meet up at a restaurant that would have a good ambiance, a bar and a vibe fit for talking and catching up after a year apart. Terroni fit all of our needs and more. The grilled calamari was so good, blew my mind. Also we were impressed with the orchid alcoholic beverages and the penne. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceKatushkinzVIPDined on 9/21/2014It may be a custom in my mind, but I always thought that due to various food allergies and restrictions, Italian restaurants were able to accomodate the requests of their customers for substitutions or modifications. Being lactose intolerant, I can't have cheese, which is a staple at Italian restaurants. And before my visit to Terroni, I have never been denied the exclusion of cheese from any Italian dish, including in Italy. However, according to the hostess at Terroni, its plates are "authentic" - really, authetnic Italian food in Downtown LA?! - and, therefore, may not be modified in any way. The food at this place was pretty good; however, the snobby attitude of the hostess /waitress was a real turn off.
- PSmithVIPDined on 9/19/2014My third time here at Terroni. A fine Italian eatery! BUT, the noise level is almost too much for any conversation. The next morning a sore throat and I'm not sure that the food is worth my bad throat, since I use my voice for work...but, I really do love the pizza and everything that I have eaten! So, maybe a "silent" dinner would work...? Why is is that several new restaurants in downtown feel they most not do an adsorbing material on the walls...I love an acoustic in a church or synagogue...!Special Features:
- Better service is all you needserversVIPDined on 9/19/2014The servers are too casual in their attitudes there. When you are paying $50+ a person (the last time I was there the bill was $362. for 4 people,) I wish I would get the service to go along with the prices. I would never bring a client here, just go with good friends so that you don't get distracted by the fair service. Sorry guys.Special Features:
- As usual, DivinrSitablueDined on 9/14/2014Have loved the Terroni on Beverly...finally tried the one On Spring and 8th...grrrrrrrreat! The only thing that was a slight problem, I had to keep asking for things...like cutlery, plates, etc. Food is outstanding, restaurant,beautifully designed.Special Features:
- Too snotty for their own good!coupdetatDined on 9/12/2014As much as I like Terroni, their policy of no substitutions and no additions to most of their dishes is ridiculous and simply rude. It's not like it's a Michelin Star rated restaurant, or dishes that one can find no where else in the world with the rarest of ingredients that would be ruined otherwise. If my wife asks for a penne arriabata and it's not at all spicy enough for her, how hard is it to offer your customer a side of garlic or side of red cracked pepper to the dish? Get over yourself Terroni!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni - Good but not greatJessicaDined on 9/9/2014This has been a neighborhood go to for me and I've been going there regularly since they opened. I've argued with friends about how great it is and they insist they cannot stand how inflexible the service is and how mediocre the food is. I have 5 standby items here that are fabulous. All their pastas with Ragu are great, their Panna Cotta is fabulous, their Piatto Stutare a great deal and snack and their salads are good as well. The not so good: The deal breaker is their complete lack of understanding of casual dining in LA (yes, you are casual dining at a higher price point). They have an inflexible policy of making slight changes to their dishes. Even for a pregnant woman or someone who has a food restriction.Special Features:
- tRIED AND TRUE NEVER TO DISAPPOINTHelenandPattifavVIPDined on 9/7/2014the food is always better than many other spots serving similar fare....BUT the wine list is so great! Ask to try something you have never had and the sommelier will be sure to make you love it! Some of the appetizers are to die for...zucchini blossoms...calamari grilled...pasta always worth trying...but do not skip the ricotta fritters for dessert!Special Features:
- Great spotMrsTDined on 9/5/2014Amazing food every time. Great service. Lots of good food to choose from and the specials are always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- California GirlCaliforniagirlDined on 9/2/2014This is one of my daughter's favorite restaurants in downtown LA, and after tonight I can see why. The food was delicious, unique and not your run of the mill standard Italian. We shared two appetizers, both very good, then we had pasta for our main course, all the dishes were fabulous! Mine was heaving with truffles (something you don't see that often). But the highlight of the night was our waitress, just so fun and friendly, definitely made our evening special. If your in downtown LA, give this place a try, it won't disappoint.Special Features:
- Great Foodtheloyl1Dined on 8/30/2014I went a couple of weeks ago to celebrate an anniversary and I liked that we arrived (7pm) it wasn't packed. I say that because I felt like service would be quick. However, on this particular evening that was not the case as our server took forever to check up on our table of just two. I can overlook things like that Aside from that the food was excellent. I kept it simple and got the spaghetti and not having spaghetti for a long time it was perhaps the best I'd ever had.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceMwm33Dined on 8/30/2014Barely saw our waitress, waited over 20 minutes for out check....
- CVATDined on 8/28/2014Very nice for a low key birthday celebration. Refined but not stuffy.Special Features:
- A Different ItalyTioBoniVIPDined on 8/26/2014A good selection of appetizers and not your standard pizzas made for a tasty and filling evening. Digestion was aided by several glasses of Soave. Pizzas are large enough to be shared with another and, true to their Italian heritage, are delivered to the table uncut. It was a quiet Tuesday night and the restaurant was only a little more than half full, but it was still pretty noisy. Our server was attentive and very familiar with the menu, wine list and cocktail list. Good food, good service and a good time. We'll be back!
- Good food but limited selectionDoorahDined on 8/23/2014The food was good. However, u had better be in he mood for pasta or pizza which they had a huge selection of. They had 3 or 4 protein selections only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All AroundToroDined on 8/22/2014The surroundings are stunning, the food is superb and the service is very good. The only drawback is the very lively noise level.Special Features:
- My latest favoriteFriendsandfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014I've always enjoyed Terroni on Beverly but, living in Silverlake, it's usually too far. We've gone to the downtown version several times now and it's made more special by the beautiful building and decor that feels more "upscale." The food and drinks each time have been delicious and the pastas are simply wonderful. All I our guests have been equally impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch in downtown LAChrisH3040VIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to this restaurant after a downtown Art Deco Walking Tour. We loved that they had the option of wines by the glass, carafe or bottle. Great selection of menu items. The Tagliotellin with Ragu was one of the bests I've had, even from Italy. My husband ordered the goat cheese eggplant pizza and didn't enjoy it as much. Not the restaurants fault but he didn't care for the taste of goat cheese. Service was quick as the weekend lunch crowd was light. Really cool atmosphere. Would love to come for dinner sometime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!VoraciousVVIPDined on 8/14/2014Arrived at 6:30 on a Thursday for dinner. Good time, not too busy. We were warmly greeted immediately upon arrival and the hostess arranged for a highchair for our grandson. We were seated within 2 minutes. Our server, Sean was very friendly, attentive and accommodating with our gr. son. We ordered an arugula salad. Fresh and delicious-- not overly dressed, as most restaurants tend to do. The crust on the Margarita pizza was thin and crispy. Not too much sauce, and just the right amount of cheese. The Branzino was fresh, tender and the best I've ever had. The steak (not sure of the cut) was tender, flavorful and delicious. Kim, the manager was fabulous, checking in to make sure all was well! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time in a weekakrrDined on 8/5/2014That's how much i like this place. The staff has been consistently great and the food is good (lots of prosciutto and pork, beware). Parking is easy, valet $8 or street/private lot.Special Features:
- Great for lunch meetingsFraxalatoDined on 8/4/2014Great lunch specials, good for lunch meetings, not super crowdedSpecial Features:
- Great for groups, super service!akrrDined on 8/2/2014Some of the best service that i've seen in downtown LA, they almost treat you like loyalty. All the staff were this way, not just one guy. The pizza is genuine and delicious. Pasta portions are on the smaller size, but the taste is outstanding. Nice building, high ceilings, $8 valet parking right in front on spring street, $5 private lot parking or paid street parking until 8pm (free after 8pm).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian!JonjonjonDined on 8/2/2014I rate my Italian restaurants based on how well the food makes me feel I could be in Italy and this one does very well. I loved the spaghetti in lemon and truffle oil. And basil! Awesome. So simple, so good. This was a first visit so I look forward to coming back. Good, wide variety on the menu. Nice, fun, restored-bank, very LA, interior space. Great addition to downtown. Nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but otherwise greatSiliobearDined on 8/1/2014Had a reunion with former co-workers here but found the place too noisy to have a suitable conversation across the table. The menu was great...handmade pasta dishes (a bit salty due to extensive use of olives), wonderful desserts, half carafes of house wine so our party split one red, one white. Beautiful space, hip vibe. Maybe quieter on weeknights? Parking valet, street or nearby public lots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very loud thoughRosebudDined on 7/26/2014It was perfect for us, as we were seeing a show at the Orpheum and needed a place that was open after 10pm. The food was good but the noise level was BEYOND LOUD. It was hard to hear yourself think or to order with the waitress. But we enjoyed ourselves and were surprised that it was one of only a few places open after the theatre lets out in the evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall dinnerSomecallmeoweyDined on 7/26/2014Went here last Saturday with my girlfriend for date night and had a wonderful experience. From the wine selection to the service all was top notch. Would definitely head back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.