57-A Adelaide St. East
Toronto, ON M5C 1K6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 4162033093x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 9 am - 10 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 9 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanna Alonzi, Boris Buttner, Selvano Thiru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live DJ daily "DJ RAY"
- Cross Street: Adelaide & Church Street.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station: Walk north one block to Adelaide St East. Walk East along Adelaide . Terroni is located on the South side
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking along Adelaide.
Underground parking & pad parking on Court Street, located one block south of Adelaide & west of Church Street.
A word from Terroni ADELAIDE
Terroni ADELAIDE features an authentic Southern Italian menu. With our 20 year anniversary, Terroni remains committed to continuing to provide fresh quality ingredients in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Trust us with your Italian experience. Located in Toronto's beautiful and historic Adelaide Courthouse Building circa 1853.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terroni ADELAIDE - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Terroni ADELAIDE reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (99)fit for foodies (81)hot spot (65)notable wine list (61)great for lunch (58)great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (46)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (7)Show More
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Food and service are great. The only downside is the noise level. But we go there often for the food and the wine!Special Features:
- Reliable Italian FoodTODinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Terroni is not the best Italian food in town but it is close enough and it's casual dining experience makes you want to come back again. The food is very good....I have never had a pizza that I did not like and the grilled calamari is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2014Food is good and I LOVE the peppers. Service is spotty. At 5:30 pm on a Tuesday night, they were out of most of their specials. Our wait staff person was knowledgeable and friendly about my wine selection. Staff are hit and miss and it took a very long time to get the bill. They forgot to bring my jar of peppers to take home with me, so we settled the bill & went back to the hostess and asked her. She directed us to a location on the wall. I picked up the jar & was pushed aside by one of the employees who was suddenly in a hurry to get back to the floor. We stood at the hostess station, while people chatted but no one took our money until the manager (?), literally walked up and tapped a hostess and asked her to help us.Special Features:
- Just okReviewDined on 9/13/2014Asked much in advance to have the semi-private room for a group and was told that a note would be made to allow this. When I arrived this was not the case (although I was warned that this could be the case due to the seating plans). My group was placed in the least private space possible (right in front of a set of stairs) and we were told that a larger group was given the room instead. Not too pleased about the room being given to a larger group as I had called quite in advance and asked for this. I was also told that our table had been double booked and if we could finish in an hour and a half. The service was just OK-the server was not particularly friendly nor made any attempt to engage with the group. Beautiful atmosphere though.Special Features:
- Amazing night outMrGBGDined on 9/11/2014Amazing service with great food Impressed with the speed of food delivery with a packed restarant Quality of the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- PainfullivetoeatDined on 9/10/2014The old court house is a beautiful building but, unfortunately, is unsuitable for a restaurant due to the hard surfaces and high ceiling. There must be some materials that could be installed to mute the noise. The level was so high that my friend and I could barely carry on a conversation. Everyone was literally shouting to be heard, including the wait staff. The food was fine. I had the barbecued shrimp and veggies. The shrimp was overdone but the veggies were perfect. I will not be going back - it felt like dining in a mad house.Special Features:
- Have some weed with your pasta!!??!YummDined on 9/8/2014The outsude patio is quite lovely but with no patio heaters it has a pretty short season and unfortunately that season is over. It was cold. Food was quite good. I would have given a higher rating if it weren't for the terrible wine list by the glass...not enough choices and very over priced for 5 oz. And then there were the staff who all sat and smoked up on the steps besides table. Hard to enjoy what I'm sure was a great aroma of my pasta, when all I can smell is their weed . They even saw me look around and see where the smell was coming from, and continued to sit and smoke away. Not sure how management doesn't know their staff are doing this, but I'd like to suggest it's probably not great for business!Special Features:
- Need a new bartenderlovetoeatoutDined on 9/6/2014I arrived for my 8:30 reservation at 8:25 and was told to wait for the rest of my party before being seated. The hostess suggested I have a drink at the bar. The bar was completely overcrowded with no room to order so I stood off to the side of the main bar. The bartender eventually acknowledged my presence because his assistant indicated I was waiting to be served. The bartender threw a wine list at me and said "here is the wine list - you have to order around the other side - this is the service area". He was haughty, rude and arrogant and didn't ask me what I wanted to drink (not wine). If I had been 30 years younger, I am sure his attitude would have been completely different. He is bad for business and needs to go.Special Features:
- First timeHappycustomer31Dined on 9/6/2014I've heard a lot about Terroni with my friends and they all gave great reviews and now i know why. The food was really good. We started off with Pizza " Mangiabbun " wow! so far best pizza i've tasted mmm. Then for my Primi i had "Pappardelle alla Iosa" which was very tasty as well. Service was great! . Good job Terroni!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014the food at Terroni is very good, although somewhat pricey. I only go if I can get a table outside because it is very noisy inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Friendly but relaxed staff. Good seating. Varied menu. Attentive service. Opinion of each of us -- great food!Special Features:
- Great food and great atmosphere!eleganceDined on 9/3/2014Food was really good and the atmosphere was amazing. Love the look of the restaurant and the basement is just fascinating as it looks like prison cells....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to our hotelmadimattVIPDined on 8/30/2014I loved every thing about this restaurant! The food was great, the ambiance and decor too! The only negative was that it was very hot inside the restaurant which made it a bit difficult to enjoy it as much as I could have. They have lots of different zones in the restaurant that have completely different vibes so you might want to call and ask for a specific area.Special Features:
- Terroni Adelaide Always SteadyFOODLIFE49Dined on 8/30/2014I had reserved for a family group of 12 and was surprised to receive a very officious telephone confirmation, outlining all the house rules including cancellation of reservation if group was 15 minutes late. Surprising because place was clearly not busy. Staff were very cooperative; I arrived 3 hours before reservation to confirm table location, pick wines, etc. Hostess was charming and even stored a gift for us till the lunch. Charcuterie plates arrived with fresh bread. Not rushed to order our lunch. Food was good and arrived hot, in a timely manner. Server was attentive and very hospitable. Room is full of character and adds to the experience, including the courthouse cells downstairs that house wine storage and bathrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLuv2eatDined on 8/26/2014I went to Terroni with my 6 year old grand daughter. The service was great. They accommodated my grand daughter's dinner request. There were many other families there as well so obviously they are family friendly. As always the food was delicious! The home made pasta is fantastic. The patio is much quieter than inside the restaurant. Great evening! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good food. Average service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good food. Average service. Could tell they wanted us out quickly .. Started dinner at 9:30Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedsallyeatsDined on 8/23/2014After reading several reviews I was a little unsure about how the night would go. It was a slow start for our large party waiting to be seated quite a bit past our reservation time. That said, once we were seated at a nook in the back of the restaurant, everything got better. We were a party of 10 and the spot in the back was perfect for us. The dj that night was great, our server was excellent...friendly, helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable and thorough. Also the good was really good. Everyone loved their meals including selection of salads, pizza and pasta, fish. Finished off with dessert - the flourless chocolate torte and also the butterscotch pudding..perfection. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal not hot, poor communicationcakegate2014Dined on 8/23/2014Took my international visitors for one of their birthdays. Took a cake with us and upon check-in, left it with the maître'd, who accepted it with no comment. After our mains, I asked our waitress for the cake, and she advised they don't allow outside cakes. I addressed this with the maître'd, who said that I handed it over so confidently, she assumed I knew their policy about not allowing outside cakes. ie blaming me for her mistake. No apology from her. Also, the agnolotti was cold, despite being marked on the menu a hot dish. Wouldn't go back.
- great food, service and winechelbelleDined on 8/23/2014With a party of 6. We were well taken care of. The food was phenominal. Our server was great. The wine suggestion was out of this world. We regret not spending our entire night at terroni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PizzaPizzaAmoreDined on 8/23/2014Chose this restaurant on a recommendation that it will be the eat pizza in Toronto. Bang on! It was the best pizza I have had in Toronto! Second best to am Italian pizza place in Northern Italy...north of the city Brescia. A great pizza experience with a great Italian atmosphere. Well done Torrone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchAdamDined on 8/19/2014Top quality service. Reasonable prices. Food portions are appropriate size. Would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall nice experienceeat2enjoyDined on 8/15/2014overall enjoyed and would return, service good plus. 3 out of 4 meals were fine, one (seafood pasta) below average. Great assistance in selecting a wine.Special Features:
- A fair dining experienceFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014The food portions were small, and the price was expensive. No protein (chicken) was offered with pasta. The servers brought the food in late. Everything was written in Italian, which made it difficult to read and follow. Washrooms were dirty.
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great food but the tables are so close together & very noisy so difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Made the transitionTravellingDinestarsDined on 8/11/2014When Terroni first moved from its Victoria St. location to the Courthouse I was concerned that it would lose some of the character, ambience and coziness that defines it's other locations. Although not as cozy the ambience has remained, as of course has the wonderful food and personable staff. And the outdoor dining overlooking Courthouse Square was superb. Thanks for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING. Per usual.RGBYDined on 8/11/2014Terroni is my FAVOURITE restaurant in Toronto. The experience is consistent every.single.time! So is the food. PLEASE do not change what you are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won"t be backfoodfanDined on 8/8/2014We were here once before and not impressed. Thought to give it one more try - because they are a large restaurant so you can always get a table it seems. But the food and service disappointing. The Ribeye steak was so thin it reminded me of a frozen salsbury steak that had been defrosted and grilled. appetizers (zucchini flowers) could have been great - but this deef fried dish came lukewarm. Later we noticed that more of this appetizer was added as a side to one of the mains - so that explains why they are lukewarm. They are made by the 100s in advance and thrown on to whatever plate needs something extra. Dessert of chocholaste flowerless cake was good. Service was unenthusiastic to say the least.Special Features:
- Great service, great pizzaSleepyDined on 8/7/2014You have the best pizza in Toronto, I wish you did takeout/delivery. Great service as well, our server knew the menu well and was prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- Vibrant place for lunchpeabersDined on 8/7/2014We like Teroni for its courtyard in the back. It gets really busy at lunch and service slows down. The hostess are a bit snooty and don't try to ask one of them for help ... I got quite the attitude from one when I asked her if she can help settle the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patiotablefor4Dined on 8/5/2014Service was seriouslyy bad- unnecessarily rude. Shame because all our dinners were delicious and wine was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni Missing Its Old CharmbonvivantfoodsterDined on 8/4/2014My dinner date hadn't been to Terroni since the "old days" when it was small, busy, quaint and tasty. To try and avoid some noise, I asked for a table away from the kitchen when I made the reservation. We were immediately seated as close to the kitchen as one can get. The wine was great and my pasta perfect. My date's fish was flavourful but over-cooked and a little dry. The waitress always seemed disinterested and the noise level was obnoxious. Confusingly, at least four different people brought food or wine to our table. At least in the old days, the place, though busy had friendly engaging staff to go with the cheaper prices. And one felt like that single server cared.
- Relaxed atmosphere and great foodSamuraiPizzaKatzDined on 8/1/2014The delicious food, friendly staff, and patio ambiance combined to make for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014In a city with many wonderful restaurants offering great food and bar at reasonable prices... Terroni is coasting on a lost fame. A gorgeous yet extremely loud place. I couldn’t hear the person next to me the or waitress. They can't make a proper Manhattan to save their lives... And although food is tasty the portions VS prices is ridiculous expensive. The lamb trio consisted of a dime size chop, a tiny piece of lamb meat and a 1/4 of sausage. The salmon dish promised artichoke hearts but they never showed up... When we asked the waitress for them… she returned with a side dish with the most blend tasting artichokes. On a restaurant of that calibre it's unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014This is a great restaurant. It is reliable, it has good food, is in an attractive space and has a good vibe. I always look forward to a visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food as usualtotorotakaVIPDined on 7/30/2014good service with very good suggestion of wine. Ordered the daily special prosciutto with fig and cantaloup, white pizza with prosciutto and fig, BBQ shrimp with vege, and Canna a Mare. the white pizza was not thin as usual. But taste was still good. prosciutto with cantaloup was tasty. especially like the BBQ shrimp with vege.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceluv2dineDined on 7/30/2014For my most recent birthday celebration a group of six friends accompanied me to dine at Terroni on Adelaide. After many positive experiences at the Queen St. location we were excited to see what the Adelaide location had to offer. Disappointingly, the server was not willing to discuss the menu as we ordered and he forgot to place an order for my meal. Furthermore, the server refused to separate the bill for our party and enforced a mandatory 18% gratuity despite the terrible service. We were required to calculate our own share of the meal, including the gratuity and tax. The food at Terroni is consistently delicious, but they will not accommodate groups.Special Features:
- True Italian DiningsarahmoDined on 7/28/2014Terroni is the authentic Italian food experience. If you are a picky eater, note that you cannot alter items on the menu or substitute ingredients, staying true to the Italian cuisine. This is noted on their website. The wine selection is outstanding and are exclusive to the restaurant. I highly recommend their grilled calamari and any of their pizzas - my personal favorite being the Natalina.Special Features:
- wow!FrancisDined on 7/26/2014This buiding on Adelaide is beautiful and i especially enjioyed the quietness of the garden terrace. It was like having dinner in the forest but in the middle of the city. This is my new favorite place when i visit Toronto. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousterronigreatfoodDined on 7/26/2014We have been here numerous times and are never disappointed, always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni's has outgrown its rootselRonconVIPDined on 7/25/2014Use to be able to get a quick and very good meal at Terroni. Although the food is still superb, the service has become more apathetic than every. 20min for water and a drink order. No bread offered, until requested. When i asked for the bill, it was dropped off promptly however when i wanted to pay with debit, our server decided to clear all of the empty tables in their section instead of taking our payment. 15min later and fed up with the wait, i paid with cash instead, and as we were leaving we caught our server chatting with her colleagues and bar staff. A quick salad and pizza turned into a 3hr ordeal. NEVER AGAIN!!