57-A Adelaide St. East
Toronto, ON M5C 1K6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 4162033093x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 9 am - 10 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 9 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanna Alonzi, Boris Buttner, Selvano Thiru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live DJ daily "DJ RAY"
- Cross Street: Adelaide & Church Street.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station: Walk north one block to Adelaide St East. Walk East along Adelaide . Terroni is located on the South side
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking along Adelaide.
Underground parking & pad parking on Court Street, located one block south of Adelaide & west of Church Street.
A word from Terroni ADELAIDE
Terroni ADELAIDE features an authentic Southern Italian menu. With our 20 year anniversary, Terroni remains committed to continuing to provide fresh quality ingredients in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Trust us with your Italian experience. Located in Toronto's beautiful and historic Adelaide Courthouse Building circa 1853.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terroni ADELAIDE - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Terroni ADELAIDE reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (86)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (63)hot spot (56)great for lunch (54)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (47)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (39)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (14)scenic view (6)Show More
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014I went to Terroni with my 6 year old grand daughter. The service was great. They accommodated my grand daughter's dinner request. There were many other families there as well so obviously they are family friendly. As always the food was delicious! The home made pasta is fantastic. The patio is much quieter than inside the restaurant. Great evening! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good food. Average service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Good food. Average service. Could tell they wanted us out quickly .. Started dinner at 9:30Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedsallyeatsDined on 8/23/2014After reading several reviews I was a little unsure about how the night would go. It was a slow start for our large party waiting to be seated quite a bit past our reservation time. That said, once we were seated at a nook in the back of the restaurant, everything got better. We were a party of 10 and the spot in the back was perfect for us. The dj that night was great, our server was excellent...friendly, helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable and thorough. Also the good was really good. Everyone loved their meals including selection of salads, pizza and pasta, fish. Finished off with dessert - the flourless chocolate torte and also the butterscotch pudding..perfection. Overall great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal not hot, poor communicationcakegate2014Dined on 8/23/2014Took my international visitors for one of their birthdays. Took a cake with us and upon check-in, left it with the maître'd, who accepted it with no comment. After our mains, I asked our waitress for the cake, and she advised they don't allow outside cakes. I addressed this with the maître'd, who said that I handed it over so confidently, she assumed I knew their policy about not allowing outside cakes. ie blaming me for her mistake. No apology from her. Also, the agnolotti was cold, despite being marked on the menu a hot dish. Wouldn't go back.
- great food, service and winechelbelleDined on 8/23/2014With a party of 6. We were well taken care of. The food was phenominal. Our server was great. The wine suggestion was out of this world. We regret not spending our entire night at terroni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Chose this restaurant on a recommendation that it will be the eat pizza in Toronto. Bang on! It was the best pizza I have had in Toronto! Second best to am Italian pizza place in Northern Italy...north of the city Brescia. A great pizza experience with a great Italian atmosphere. Well done Torrone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchAdamDined on 8/19/2014Top quality service. Reasonable prices. Food portions are appropriate size. Would recommend anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall nice experienceeat2enjoyDined on 8/15/2014overall enjoyed and would return, service good plus. 3 out of 4 meals were fine, one (seafood pasta) below average. Great assistance in selecting a wine.Special Features:
- A fair dining experienceFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014The food portions were small, and the price was expensive. No protein (chicken) was offered with pasta. The servers brought the food in late. Everything was written in Italian, which made it difficult to read and follow. Washrooms were dirty.
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Great food but the tables are so close together & very noisy so difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Made the transitionTravellingDinestarsDined on 8/11/2014When Terroni first moved from its Victoria St. location to the Courthouse I was concerned that it would lose some of the character, ambience and coziness that defines it's other locations. Although not as cozy the ambience has remained, as of course has the wonderful food and personable staff. And the outdoor dining overlooking Courthouse Square was superb. Thanks for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING. Per usual.RGBYDined on 8/11/2014Terroni is my FAVOURITE restaurant in Toronto. The experience is consistent every.single.time! So is the food. PLEASE do not change what you are doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won"t be backfoodfanDined on 8/8/2014We were here once before and not impressed. Thought to give it one more try - because they are a large restaurant so you can always get a table it seems. But the food and service disappointing. The Ribeye steak was so thin it reminded me of a frozen salsbury steak that had been defrosted and grilled. appetizers (zucchini flowers) could have been great - but this deef fried dish came lukewarm. Later we noticed that more of this appetizer was added as a side to one of the mains - so that explains why they are lukewarm. They are made by the 100s in advance and thrown on to whatever plate needs something extra. Dessert of chocholaste flowerless cake was good. Service was unenthusiastic to say the least.Special Features:
- Great service, great pizzaSleepyDined on 8/7/2014You have the best pizza in Toronto, I wish you did takeout/delivery. Great service as well, our server knew the menu well and was prompt and courteous.Special Features:
- Vibrant place for lunchpeabersDined on 8/7/2014We like Teroni for its courtyard in the back. It gets really busy at lunch and service slows down. The hostess are a bit snooty and don't try to ask one of them for help ... I got quite the attitude from one when I asked her if she can help settle the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patiotablefor4Dined on 8/5/2014Service was seriouslyy bad- unnecessarily rude. Shame because all our dinners were delicious and wine was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni Missing Its Old CharmbonvivantfoodsterDined on 8/4/2014My dinner date hadn't been to Terroni since the "old days" when it was small, busy, quaint and tasty. To try and avoid some noise, I asked for a table away from the kitchen when I made the reservation. We were immediately seated as close to the kitchen as one can get. The wine was great and my pasta perfect. My date's fish was flavourful but over-cooked and a little dry. The waitress always seemed disinterested and the noise level was obnoxious. Confusingly, at least four different people brought food or wine to our table. At least in the old days, the place, though busy had friendly engaging staff to go with the cheaper prices. And one felt like that single server cared.
- Relaxed atmosphere and great foodSamuraiPizzaKatzDined on 8/1/2014The delicious food, friendly staff, and patio ambiance combined to make for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2014In a city with many wonderful restaurants offering great food and bar at reasonable prices... Terroni is coasting on a lost fame. A gorgeous yet extremely loud place. I couldn’t hear the person next to me the or waitress. They can't make a proper Manhattan to save their lives... And although food is tasty the portions VS prices is ridiculous expensive. The lamb trio consisted of a dime size chop, a tiny piece of lamb meat and a 1/4 of sausage. The salmon dish promised artichoke hearts but they never showed up... When we asked the waitress for them… she returned with a side dish with the most blend tasting artichokes. On a restaurant of that calibre it's unacceptable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014This is a great restaurant. It is reliable, it has good food, is in an attractive space and has a good vibe. I always look forward to a visit here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food as usualtotorotakaVIPDined on 7/30/2014good service with very good suggestion of wine. Ordered the daily special prosciutto with fig and cantaloup, white pizza with prosciutto and fig, BBQ shrimp with vege, and Canna a Mare. the white pizza was not thin as usual. But taste was still good. prosciutto with cantaloup was tasty. especially like the BBQ shrimp with vege.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dining experienceluv2dineDined on 7/30/2014For my most recent birthday celebration a group of six friends accompanied me to dine at Terroni on Adelaide. After many positive experiences at the Queen St. location we were excited to see what the Adelaide location had to offer. Disappointingly, the server was not willing to discuss the menu as we ordered and he forgot to place an order for my meal. Furthermore, the server refused to separate the bill for our party and enforced a mandatory 18% gratuity despite the terrible service. We were required to calculate our own share of the meal, including the gratuity and tax. The food at Terroni is consistently delicious, but they will not accommodate groups.Special Features:
- True Italian DiningsarahmoDined on 7/28/2014Terroni is the authentic Italian food experience. If you are a picky eater, note that you cannot alter items on the menu or substitute ingredients, staying true to the Italian cuisine. This is noted on their website. The wine selection is outstanding and are exclusive to the restaurant. I highly recommend their grilled calamari and any of their pizzas - my personal favorite being the Natalina.Special Features:
- wow!FrancisDined on 7/26/2014This buiding on Adelaide is beautiful and i especially enjioyed the quietness of the garden terrace. It was like having dinner in the forest but in the middle of the city. This is my new favorite place when i visit Toronto. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousterronigreatfoodDined on 7/26/2014We have been here numerous times and are never disappointed, always a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni's has outgrown its rootselRonconVIPDined on 7/25/2014Use to be able to get a quick and very good meal at Terroni. Although the food is still superb, the service has become more apathetic than every. 20min for water and a drink order. No bread offered, until requested. When i asked for the bill, it was dropped off promptly however when i wanted to pay with debit, our server decided to clear all of the empty tables in their section instead of taking our payment. 15min later and fed up with the wait, i paid with cash instead, and as we were leaving we caught our server chatting with her colleagues and bar staff. A quick salad and pizza turned into a 3hr ordeal. NEVER AGAIN!!
- Five starsLuv2DineVIPDined on 7/25/2014Thank you for the great service!!! We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The food was great. The service was ok (we asked the waitress for an additional item with our appetizers but it never showed up) but the restaurant is WAY too loud. Conversation is almost impossible.Special Features:
- Yum!TorontoTatDined on 7/22/2014Food is consistently good (shared fried calamari and had the pizza) and the servers are lovely.Special Features:
- Food is awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I don't know if that's the norm for all Italian restaurants in Toronto or just because of people's high tolerance for food in general, this restaurant, which has good ranking on Yelp, served food that is both ugly-looking and barely edible. Service is nice, though.Special Features:
- Fantastic Wine Listgldfngr707Dined on 7/21/2014Went out with my wife and daughter whilst on vacation in Toronto. Superb selection on wine list, and although we didn't order from it...had an extensive array of pizzas to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zucchini Flowers... that is all.AlexaDined on 7/21/2014The room at Terroni is beautiful and a great setting for our mini baby shower. Before the rest of the gang arrived, my friend and I had a drink at the bar. I had a grapefruit based cocktail with a sprig of rosemary. Amazing. For dinner I had a pizza with zucchini flowers and the tiniest zucchini I'd ever seen and some kind of delicious soft cheese that had been "massaged with cream". Heavenly. I was brought back to earth by the anchovies though. It overwhelmed the other delicate flavors. But I let my neighbor enjoy the anchovies. We had a great time sharing a meal and talking. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Lunch OptionLocalLuncherDined on 7/21/2014Great location and a nice patio. Food was great. Salads are fairly small and pricey. $60 for 2 salads and one glass of wine. Struggled a little on value but the location made up for it. Friendly service and the weather was perfect for it.Special Features:
- energetic or noisy?Doris406Dined on 7/17/2014Others would say too loud. A place with pretty good food and service, where you can gather with a bunch of friends without having to listen to them talk, this is the perfect place. But seriously, its a good place with great pizzas, an interesting selection of beers, and knowledgable wait staff. My only gripe is that the bare walls bounce and garble the sound around so badly, that all you have is loud, without the advantage of good music to listen to. A shame given they put the effort into hire someone to spin tunesSpecial Features:
- Not a good experienceDisappointedDined on 7/16/2014Sat on the patio which is quite nice. After being seated by hostess who after 10 minutes asked how we were doing. We asked to order drinks but were told that she was hostess and unable to take drink orders. We waited another 10 to 15 mins before a server appeared. She asked if she could bring us some appetizers. We said that we wished to order drinks. A big sigh, disappeared, and we waited another 15 minutes. She returned to again ask about appetizers. We responded that we were still waiting for drinks. After 40 minutes, we finally received our two glasses of wine and one beer. Would not return and would not recommend.Special Features:
- DianeDined on 7/15/2014I find the food at Terroni's good. Great place for a night out. The main reason we choose Terroni Adelaide is for location and for the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectparrotticus10Dined on 7/15/2014we dined at Terroni before a concert nearby. the restaurant is close to where we generally stay overnight in Toronto and having eaten there many times never disappointsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful. I'm a big fan of this restaurant. Great wine list, innovative menu. Only one negative thing... Our server wasn't friendly at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni AdelaidePolentoniDined on 7/11/2014I have always loved Terroni. The food is great, and the ambient always different and friendly but very noisy. Last night there were 6 of us and when we received the bill we noticed an 18% Tip included. We were told by the lady who took care of us for the evening that the Tip was going to be shared among the people working at the restaurant but, 3% of the tip would stay with the Restaurant. Now, I am really sorry Terroni Owners, this is not ethical! I am not leaving a tip for the owners, after all you are making a pretty good living with your restaurant and definitively you do not need my tip. Please, rectify this issue.Special Features:
- food is going downfoodieextremeDined on 7/11/2014we are frequent diners there but the last experience makes us hesitant to come back -Special Features: