57-A Adelaide St. East
Toronto, ON M5C 1K6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: (416) 203-3093
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 9am - 10 pm
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 9am - 11 pm
Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanna Alonzi, Boris Buttner, Selvano Thiru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live DJ "DJ LazyRay"
- Cross Street: Adelaide & Church Street.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station: Walk north one block to Adelaide St East. Walk East along Adelaide . Terroni is located on the South side
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking along Adelaide.
Underground parking & pad parking on Court Street, located one block south of Adelaide & west of Church Street.
A word from Terroni ADELAIDE
Terroni Adelaide features a traditional southern italian menu. With our 22 year anniversary,Terroni remains committed to serving traditional homemade dishes made only from the freshest quality ingredients. Come dine in our beautiful and energetic atmosphere where we invite you to trust us with your authentic italian experience. Located in Toronto's beautiful and historic Adelaide Courthouse Building circa 1853. Join us for an after work drink every Wednesday from 5pm-7pm in the Enoteca for Terronitivo…. the italian happy hour - live DJ & special complementary appetizers!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terroni ADELAIDE - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Terroni ADELAIDE reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (133)fit for foodies (115)hot spot (92)notable wine list (73)special occasion (73)great for lunch (59)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (16)scenic view (6)Show More
- It was delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The waiting staff were very friendly and helpful when we asked about the menu. The food was delicious and I found the overall experience to be quite pleasant. A note about the pizza is that it wasn't sliced for you ahead of time, and I thought that was kind of neat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good foodSassafraz235Dined on 11/22/2014Terronis is just great for overall good Italian food. I've been there a couple times and am always happy with my food. The service is a bit less consistent. I've had great service and also not so great service where the server forgot about us a couple times, the food was slow even though it wasn't really packed but I enjoyed my company so it was really a huge deal and we weren't in a rush. Pizza is always good. The standout pasta is the Tagliatelle a la Bolognese hands down. I had the nizzarda salad and that was delicious also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni ReviewcmliuDined on 11/21/2014I made a reservation for party of 14 for my birthday dinner at Terroni. They were very diligent in following up with me to figure out the details for the dinner beforehand. During the dinner, the server was very professional and friendly. The food was fantastic, and the restaurant was beautifully decorated with holiday theme. Overall, a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Surly staffVeggiedinerDined on 11/20/2014Food was excellent but the staff were "cliquey" and unsmiling. Seemed like the diners were in the way of their social club. The woman that seated me seemed resentful that she had to leave the front of the restaurant to take me to my table as she had to leave a gossip session. When we got to the table she tossed down the menu and quickly turned her back and walked away. The server was not much better. Thank goodness the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- History PlusDDR520Dined on 11/19/2014What a cool place. It starts as soon as you walk through the doors. You get a sense of history that is overwhelming. And after finding out the back story of the restaurant, I knew there was something unique about it. Then, after a trip downstairs and seeing the jail cells, that justified it. Oh, and by the way, the food and wine list is good too. Plus, I was a big fan of the cute waitstaff as well. Little bonus there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAlinaDined on 11/16/2014Ambiance and food was delicious. We went on Sunday and I believe the restaurant up until recently used to be closed on Sunday. I assume that they're still trying to get the word out because the usually filled restaurant had only moderate traffic. I fail to understand why then the service was rushed? Please ensure wait staff know to not take the pizza pan away while the patron is still munching on the last slice. It simply wasn't necessary. Odd - They don't serve diet coke because of the aspartame. Yet regular coke is ok?? The did do a lovely presentation for our dessert. The flourless chocolate cake is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMarebear618Dined on 11/15/2014With so many wine bars and Italian reataurants opening up in the city I wanted to book something special for my best friend's birthday. So I made dinner reservations at Terroni's since she's never been before. Our entire experience was pleasant form start to finish. Earlier on in the day the restaurant had called to confirm our reservation. Upon arriving we were seated immediately and had great service throughout dinner. Other than running out of the special mushroom risotto, we were happy with all the food we ordered, and trust me, we ordered a lot of food! At the end of the dinner the birthday girl said "This is the best pasta I've had since Italy!" She ordered the Tonnarelli alla Norcina, and man was she right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favourite.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food at Teroni is always so fresh and delicious. The ambiance of the courthouse is beautiful, love the fireplace and the charm. Server wasn't consistent. Felt a bit rushed when food came out right away. Did not like being seated in the basement by the washrooms.. but when we asked to move up stairs they accommodated that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedCansuDined on 11/8/2014Reasonable prices, great menu especially pizza with aragula and pruchetto, and ravioli is amazing. Service is good, anyways overall perfect dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyMapleDined on 11/8/2014There was a big restaurant and first atmosphere was good but a table was too small and very tight with next table because so noisy. Food and wine weren't my taste.That was uncomfortable for me.If you like busy place,it's a good restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Food was good. Atmosphere could have been better. Didn't like being asked if I would finish my dinner by "x" time because another party was coming in--especially considering that I had a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great value2bcatDined on 11/7/2014Delicious hearty meal, great ambiance add very good value for money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Table Setting & ServicesPleeDined on 11/5/2014The restaurant was extremely noise & the table was small. I'd 3 people for dinner & they gave us a corner couch seating with a 2-people table. I asked them how to fit 3 big plates on a 2-people table plus a jar of water bottle, 1 wine glasses, 3 glasses of water, 1 juice & 3 sets of knives & forks. They said they used to do so & if I needed to change another table, I had to wait for 45 mins. I didn't sit comfortably due to the corner seating was very narrow. I was squeezing myself to slide into the seat. I almost thrown the plate & fork on the floor when getting out to the washroom. The waitress was impolite and squeezed the dishes on the table due to limited spaces. She lastly didn't say "Thank You" when we're leaving. I'd never recommend!
- Good food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2014The food and the service were very good! Great location downtown TO. The restaurant is noisy.Special Features:
- Frigid Cold DinnerSotnosRCVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was my first time at Teroni's and I was celebrating my birthday with family. It will be remembered as a disappointing, uncomfortable experience. We dined at 5:30 on a Sunday so the restaurant was extremely cold. My entire dinner party had to eat dinner with our winter coats on. It was extremely cold and drafty in our area. It would have been preferable to have been moved to a warmer area but this was not offered to us. The food was ok nothing extraordinary in my opinion. The waitress was kind enough to give us hot water to compensate so I credit her for that. But overall not the most pleasant experience. In fact, because of the climate my 70 year old mother developed a cold. Needless to say we were not impressed.
- Great, but too loudpizzapizzaDined on 11/1/2014I dined in the main dining room, which was incredibly loud. The decor was nice and the service/food excellent, but I could barely hear the person across from me speaking. The music was way too loud, which made everyone in the room speak louder and only add to it. Would have been perfect if volume was turned down to make the atmosphere slightly more romantic and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST DINING SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014WORST DINING SERVICE ever experienced. This arrogance is more profound than refusing to indulge the customer’s own food preference. There is a subtle yet pervasive airs that I as the customer am privileged to spend my money in their restaurant. We waited 40 minutes before our orders were taken, our waiter didn’t check in on our satisfaction with the meal, the wine server allowed bottle condensation to drip on one of our party – and only then used a cloth to dry/hold the bottle (without apology of course), the room temperature was 18C and the manager claimed she could not control the thermostat, etc. Each of these, while relatively tolerable annoyances on their own, collectively accrue to a significantly disfavourable dining experience.
- Beautiful environmentFoodieDined on 11/1/2014While the environment was beautiful the service was awkward and the food Ok. By 6pm they started the music which made it harder to talk at the table and the menu is so confusing!Special Features:
- SarahDined on 11/1/2014Great food, great service, nice ambiance. Have dined here several times, will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBebeDollDinesDined on 10/30/2014A birthday dinner that went well! Besides the fact that you cannot bring in your own birthday cake, which is disappointing. Initially reserved for 8 and had to change reso for 11. Was well accommodated and attended to. Adam was attentive and was quick to respond to all requests. Food was delicious - not one complaintSpecial Features:
- It's Amore-ehBenPounderDined on 10/26/2014Had the pleasure of dining at Terroni Adelaide. Enjoyed wonderful thin crust delicious pizza with a fine bottle of Valpolicella. Bustling atmosphere in a large open room with very high ceilings. Absolute top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and distracted serverTheatretravellerDined on 10/26/2014Food is divine- no question there. Atmosphere is awesome and building has character. Poor service- server was overworked and hurried a lot. She also disappeared with the credit card for a long time while processing. Room is noisy but manageable. The atmosphere of the building is superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LarryDined on 10/25/2014I had a pizza which was good but the crust was a little tough to cut. My wife had a paste dish which was very good in taste and the size was just right for her. My daughter had the special paste dish which had lamb in it and she was very happy with it.Overall the meal was good and the restaurant we would go back to again, but not on a game night. Very noisy and tables a little close together for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!wineloverDined on 10/24/2014the ambience and service at Terroni never disappoint. The wine list is superb and the food is delicious. One of my favourite TO spots.Special Features:
- see belowbetsyDined on 10/24/2014had a confirmed reservations for 4:45p.m. but resto said their system shows it at 4:30 p.m.Special Features:
- always deliciousSimpleGirlDined on 10/22/2014had the special of the day - sea bream. it was crispy on the outside and tender inside and delicious. My lunch companion had the pappardelle with sausage and loved it. It was her first time there and we will definitely go back. only drawback is the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Consistent and good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The funghi assoluti appetizer remains a classic some 20 years after we first tried it. The grilled calamari was also perfectly cooked. We were served two wines by the glass that were very nice: a rose and a 2008 white that was almost caramel coloured and quite complex. The ravioli stuffed with duck confit was delicious, although the fig couldn't be detected. The garganelli with dandelion and sausage was a bit oversalted and could have used more dandelion, but was still pretty good. Panna cotta for dessert was simple and well executed. The sponge cake with ricotta was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Poor ServicerunDMCDined on 10/18/2014THE ONLY TIME our waitress smiled was when we were leaving. We were a large group in town for the Marathon. I guess the basis of my review is the fact that we ate at Mercatto on Friday night....and had no problem accepting and paying the automatic 18% gratuity as we received incredible service from the staff (not just our waitress - the entire staff helped clear tables, refill drinks). For Terroni to charge the automatic 18% gratuity - was an insult for the condescending/poor service we received - as stated above the only time we saw our server smile was when we were leaving other than that when guests asked about the menu (which they could NOT see in the poorly lit basement) the waitress was quite rude/condescending.
- I wouldn't rush backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Terroni before with a group and was happy with the experience. We came with our daughter who's 12 and not very pickey before going to the theatre. I was not impressed with the server who did not have any recommendations for our daughter when asked. I would like him to provide some clarification on the pizza's or suggest something that the kitchen would be able to make for her. My husband and I had the duck ravioli and it was fair, the stuffing was not as flavourful as I would have liked. The cheese plate we had as an appetizer was great, I realy enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Torontogirl1313Dined on 10/11/2014The Garganelli Geppetto is what makes me want to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, rustic ambianceFoodie27VIPDined on 10/11/2014Convinced hubby to go out for Italian and the food was consistent (good) and service better than I've experienced in the past at Terroni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceDoris406Dined on 10/10/2014Asked for a less noisy table and were put next to a table for 20. We moved. Bread was burned. Pizza arrived completely cold. When i asked to have it warmed, i was told that wasnt possible, but that they would make me afresh pizza. Since my husband was already eating, i knew he would be finished before my fresh pizza would arrive, which isnt very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The best pastarsbrazDined on 10/9/2014Great food and nice prices! the right place to go with friends, family, for any occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Terroni has a great ambiance that makes the whole restaurant feel romantic. However I was disappointed with the number of loud children on a Tuesday date night at 9pm. The food is always amazing and the wine is even better.Special Features:
- CropytDined on 10/5/2014Nice interior, service was good at best, considering it was a Sunday evening and they weren't overly busy. Food quality was fair, our pizza was night, though annoying that they don't serve them cut in any way - this makes it very messy, especially when you aren't given quality tools to do the job. Grilled calamari was burn on the ends, overdone. Salad dressing was quite nice for it though.Special Features:
- terroniLoveFoodDined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing, service was fantastic, and food was amazing. With fresh meat, and a large selction of pizzas, it was unbelievable. And after ordering two pizzas, a huge variety of meat and cheeses, a gelato and tea, the bill was only 70$. Such a great find for great Italian food, and for a cheap but romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service & atmosphere!jeansonlDined on 10/4/2014I have been to Terroni Adelaide several times, and have always had a great experience. This past Saturday, I went with a group of 12 for my friend's bachelorette, and we were all very satisfied with the whole evening. We had a great little sectioned off area, our server was attentive and accommodating, and the food and wine were impeccable. We all had different salads and pastas (I had a truffle oil and homemade sausage pasta that was to die for), and they even had a gluten free menu for my friend who has a gluten allergy. The atmosphere and ambiance were perfect - noisy, but not so loud you can't talk - and it has warm, dim lighting. Only complaint was that the bread was a bit burnt, but I know that's not the norm. Just loved it overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dining experience all aroundTorDiner28Dined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed my dining experience here overall. The food was very good (well-prepared and decent portions) and the wine list was very nice. Lots of good Italian reds if you like them. The ambiance was very energetic and lively, and it got a bit loud at times to the point where I couldn't hear my friend talk. However, its a very spacious place with a bar in the front so good to relocate afterwards for some drinks.Special Features:
- MicheDined on 10/4/2014The building was fun, the food was mediocre. Our waiter was very good although the pour guy was the only one in sight and seemed to be taking care of a very large area. Despite this he was very prompt and as attentive is he could be. This was my first experience which came highly recommended and I will not return!Special Features:
- Great italian experience!Dom69Dined on 10/3/2014Very good food and ambiance ! I will highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.