57-A Adelaide St. East
Toronto, ON M5C 1K6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terroni.com/
- Phone: 4162033093x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 9 am - 10 pm
Thursday - Saturday: 9 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giovanna Alonzi, Boris Buttner, Selvano Thiru
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live DJ daily "DJ RAY"
- Cross Street: Adelaide & Church Street.
- Public Transit: King Subway Station: Walk north one block to Adelaide St East. Walk East along Adelaide . Terroni is located on the South side
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking along Adelaide.
Underground parking & pad parking on Court Street, located one block south of Adelaide & west of Church Street.
A word from Terroni ADELAIDE
Terroni ADELAIDE features an authentic Southern Italian menu. With our 20 year anniversary, Terroni remains committed to continuing to provide fresh quality ingredients in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Trust us with your Italian experience. Located in Toronto's beautiful and historic Adelaide Courthouse Building circa 1853.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terroni ADELAIDE - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Terroni ADELAIDE reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (114)fit for foodies (104)hot spot (78)notable wine list (72)special occasion (68)great for outdoor dining (61)great for lunch (58)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (50)vibrant bar scene (22)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (15)scenic view (8)Show More
- Consistent and good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The funghi assoluti appetizer remains a classic some 20 years after we first tried it. The grilled calamari was also perfectly cooked. We were served two wines by the glass that were very nice: a rose and a 2008 white that was almost caramel coloured and quite complex. The ravioli stuffed with duck confit was delicious, although the fig couldn't be detected. The garganelli with dandelion and sausage was a bit oversalted and could have used more dandelion, but was still pretty good. Panna cotta for dessert was simple and well executed. The sponge cake with ricotta was also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014THE ONLY TIME our waitress smiled was when we were leaving. We were a large group in town for the Marathon. I guess the basis of my review is the fact that we ate at Mercatto on Friday night....and had no problem accepting and paying the automatic 18% gratuity as we received incredible service from the staff (not just our waitress - the entire staff helped clear tables, refill drinks). For Terroni to charge the automatic 18% gratuity - was an insult for the condescending/poor service we received - as stated above the only time we saw our server smile was when we were leaving other than that when guests asked about the menu (which they could NOT see in the poorly lit basement) the waitress was quite rude/condescending.
- I wouldn't rush backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014I've been to Terroni before with a group and was happy with the experience. We came with our daughter who's 12 and not very pickey before going to the theatre. I was not impressed with the server who did not have any recommendations for our daughter when asked. I would like him to provide some clarification on the pizza's or suggest something that the kitchen would be able to make for her. My husband and I had the duck ravioli and it was fair, the stuffing was not as flavourful as I would have liked. The cheese plate we had as an appetizer was great, I realy enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Torontogirl1313Dined on 10/11/2014The Garganelli Geppetto is what makes me want to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, rustic ambianceFoodie27VIPDined on 10/11/2014Convinced hubby to go out for Italian and the food was consistent (good) and service better than I've experienced in the past at Terroni.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experienceDoris406Dined on 10/10/2014Asked for a less noisy table and were put next to a table for 20. We moved. Bread was burned. Pizza arrived completely cold. When i asked to have it warmed, i was told that wasnt possible, but that they would make me afresh pizza. Since my husband was already eating, i knew he would be finished before my fresh pizza would arrive, which isnt very enjoyable.Special Features:
- The best pastarsbrazDined on 10/9/2014Great food and nice prices! the right place to go with friends, family, for any occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Terroni has a great ambiance that makes the whole restaurant feel romantic. However I was disappointed with the number of loud children on a Tuesday date night at 9pm. The food is always amazing and the wine is even better.Special Features:
- CropytDined on 10/5/2014Nice interior, service was good at best, considering it was a Sunday evening and they weren't overly busy. Food quality was fair, our pizza was night, though annoying that they don't serve them cut in any way - this makes it very messy, especially when you aren't given quality tools to do the job. Grilled calamari was burn on the ends, overdone. Salad dressing was quite nice for it though.Special Features:
- terroniLoveFoodDined on 10/5/2014The food was amazing, service was fantastic, and food was amazing. With fresh meat, and a large selction of pizzas, it was unbelievable. And after ordering two pizzas, a huge variety of meat and cheeses, a gelato and tea, the bill was only 70$. Such a great find for great Italian food, and for a cheap but romantic dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, service & atmosphere!jeansonlDined on 10/4/2014I have been to Terroni Adelaide several times, and have always had a great experience. This past Saturday, I went with a group of 12 for my friend's bachelorette, and we were all very satisfied with the whole evening. We had a great little sectioned off area, our server was attentive and accommodating, and the food and wine were impeccable. We all had different salads and pastas (I had a truffle oil and homemade sausage pasta that was to die for), and they even had a gluten free menu for my friend who has a gluten allergy. The atmosphere and ambiance were perfect - noisy, but not so loud you can't talk - and it has warm, dim lighting. Only complaint was that the bread was a bit burnt, but I know that's not the norm. Just loved it overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dining experience all aroundTorDiner28Dined on 10/4/2014I enjoyed my dining experience here overall. The food was very good (well-prepared and decent portions) and the wine list was very nice. Lots of good Italian reds if you like them. The ambiance was very energetic and lively, and it got a bit loud at times to the point where I couldn't hear my friend talk. However, its a very spacious place with a bar in the front so good to relocate afterwards for some drinks.Special Features:
- MicheDined on 10/4/2014The building was fun, the food was mediocre. Our waiter was very good although the pour guy was the only one in sight and seemed to be taking care of a very large area. Despite this he was very prompt and as attentive is he could be. This was my first experience which came highly recommended and I will not return!Special Features:
- Great italian experience!Dom69Dined on 10/3/2014Very good food and ambiance ! I will highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Could have been great.PaggroDined on 10/1/2014The service was good and the food tasty. That being said, the pizza I ordered was boring, which was probably my fault for ordering wrong, and the glass of red wine was pretty one-note. I probably should have asked more questions. The server didn't go above and beyond to make sure I had the most memorable experience, but she was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable, so I can't really complain. I've had better Italian to be sure, but the menu here is solid and the ambience is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food n ambience, bad dessertstgenDined on 9/30/2014We come here quite often. The mains are good, we love the ambience. However there isn't one dessert we like any longer.Special Features:
- TibsDined on 9/30/2014I would not make a return visit, the Item that we wanted was not available after 5PM ????? Why???? The pizza sucked and overpriced!!!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014dolls hanging in the wall were eerie, especially knowing that restaurant is placed on an old court house, with prison cells on the lower level, and where persons were hanged food was of average quality, not compatible with price
- Hit the SpotMacri75Dined on 9/28/2014Great place to entertain people from out of town. The pizza and pasta dishes really hit the spot with us and our guests.Special Features:
- rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Our waitress was very rude which made our experience unsatisfying. We asked for bread after 20 minutes of sitting down, she responded in a condescending way. We asked for water and it was a hassle. It became a joke between my friends that we were terrified to ask for what was needed for the table. Really unfortunate since I've been coming to the restaurant since they opened and it was my friends first time. Next time, we'll choose another spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terroni AdelaideHeyRedDined on 9/25/2014Food was good despite my Margarita pizza being cancelled by the waitress and the wrong pizza arrived so my companions ate while I waited. The Burrata salad was fabulous The biggest issue is that there are only 2 bathrooms for women in the restaurant. This is not to code and given the size of the restaurant is utterly ridiculous and unacceptable. I don't know who made this possible but given the renovations and cost they could afford to add more. Not increasing number of bathrooms for women is insulting to female guests who have to wait in line to use the bathroom. There are more sinks than toilets. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- Loved it!B2BlovedherwineDined on 9/24/2014The food and service was phenomenal! Not to mention the décor and ambiance! Had a great night with the girls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingmaresDined on 9/24/2014We came to celebrate a special occasion but several things put us off. Server was barely friendly and definitely rushing us - dinner came way too early. Beer servings are small and the gingerale bottle served was laughable for its small size. Restaurant was freezing and the music was so loud we could hardly hear each other. The stipulations on the menu of absolutely no substitutions, no parmesan with a seafood dish, no balsamic on a caprese... is snooty and dictatorial. If I like my pizza without meat - why not oblige? Have to say it all left a bad taste in our mouths. Shame because the building is interesting and the meals despite the other drawbacks, were good. BTW, I love dining out and rarely whine when someone else is cooking...Special Features:
- Great Pizza!!NatureGirl27Dined on 9/23/2014Second visit in less than a month... First time there I had pasta which was amazing, but I saw someone else's pizza and knew I needed to come back and try it for myself. So second visit, after thinking about it all day I had the pizza and it did not disappoint. The food is excellent. The wine is expensive, which means we skipped on a second glass, if it was more reasonably priced we would have had more. Our table was VERY close to our neighbours, which made for an awkward exit. The restaurant is so big, not sure why they need to have the tables so close together?Special Features:
- Good foodDax64Dined on 9/18/2014Food and service are great. The only downside is the noise level. But we go there often for the food and the wine!Special Features:
- Reliable Italian FoodTODinerVIPDined on 9/18/2014Terroni is not the best Italian food in town but it is close enough and it's casual dining experience makes you want to come back again. The food is very good....I have never had a pizza that I did not like and the grilled calamari is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ups and DownsFoodieDined on 9/16/2014Food is good and I LOVE the peppers. Service is spotty. At 5:30 pm on a Tuesday night, they were out of most of their specials. Our wait staff person was knowledgeable and friendly about my wine selection. Staff are hit and miss and it took a very long time to get the bill. They forgot to bring my jar of peppers to take home with me, so we settled the bill & went back to the hostess and asked her. She directed us to a location on the wall. I picked up the jar & was pushed aside by one of the employees who was suddenly in a hurry to get back to the floor. We stood at the hostess station, while people chatted but no one took our money until the manager (?), literally walked up and tapped a hostess and asked her to help us.Special Features:
- Just okReviewDined on 9/13/2014Asked much in advance to have the semi-private room for a group and was told that a note would be made to allow this. When I arrived this was not the case (although I was warned that this could be the case due to the seating plans). My group was placed in the least private space possible (right in front of a set of stairs) and we were told that a larger group was given the room instead. Not too pleased about the room being given to a larger group as I had called quite in advance and asked for this. I was also told that our table had been double booked and if we could finish in an hour and a half. The service was just OK-the server was not particularly friendly nor made any attempt to engage with the group. Beautiful atmosphere though.Special Features:
- Amazing night outMrGBGDined on 9/11/2014Amazing service with great food Impressed with the speed of food delivery with a packed restarant Quality of the food was outstandingSpecial Features:
- PainfullivetoeatDined on 9/10/2014The old court house is a beautiful building but, unfortunately, is unsuitable for a restaurant due to the hard surfaces and high ceiling. There must be some materials that could be installed to mute the noise. The level was so high that my friend and I could barely carry on a conversation. Everyone was literally shouting to be heard, including the wait staff. The food was fine. I had the barbecued shrimp and veggies. The shrimp was overdone but the veggies were perfect. I will not be going back - it felt like dining in a mad house.Special Features:
- Have some weed with your pasta!!??!YummDined on 9/8/2014The outsude patio is quite lovely but with no patio heaters it has a pretty short season and unfortunately that season is over. It was cold. Food was quite good. I would have given a higher rating if it weren't for the terrible wine list by the glass...not enough choices and very over priced for 5 oz. And then there were the staff who all sat and smoked up on the steps besides table. Hard to enjoy what I'm sure was a great aroma of my pasta, when all I can smell is their weed . They even saw me look around and see where the smell was coming from, and continued to sit and smoke away. Not sure how management doesn't know their staff are doing this, but I'd like to suggest it's probably not great for business!Special Features:
- Need a new bartenderlovetoeatoutDined on 9/6/2014I arrived for my 8:30 reservation at 8:25 and was told to wait for the rest of my party before being seated. The hostess suggested I have a drink at the bar. The bar was completely overcrowded with no room to order so I stood off to the side of the main bar. The bartender eventually acknowledged my presence because his assistant indicated I was waiting to be served. The bartender threw a wine list at me and said "here is the wine list - you have to order around the other side - this is the service area". He was haughty, rude and arrogant and didn't ask me what I wanted to drink (not wine). If I had been 30 years younger, I am sure his attitude would have been completely different. He is bad for business and needs to go.Special Features:
- First timeHappycustomer31Dined on 9/6/2014I've heard a lot about Terroni with my friends and they all gave great reviews and now i know why. The food was really good. We started off with Pizza " Mangiabbun " wow! so far best pizza i've tasted mmm. Then for my Primi i had "Pappardelle alla Iosa" which was very tasty as well. Service was great! . Good job Terroni!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/4/2014the food at Terroni is very good, although somewhat pricey. I only go if I can get a table outside because it is very noisy inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Friendly but relaxed staff. Good seating. Varied menu. Attentive service. Opinion of each of us -- great food!Special Features:
- Great food and great atmosphere!eleganceDined on 9/3/2014Food was really good and the atmosphere was amazing. Love the look of the restaurant and the basement is just fascinating as it looks like prison cells....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find close to our hotelmadimattVIPDined on 8/30/2014I loved every thing about this restaurant! The food was great, the ambiance and decor too! The only negative was that it was very hot inside the restaurant which made it a bit difficult to enjoy it as much as I could have. They have lots of different zones in the restaurant that have completely different vibes so you might want to call and ask for a specific area.Special Features:
- Terroni Adelaide Always SteadyFOODLIFE49Dined on 8/30/2014I had reserved for a family group of 12 and was surprised to receive a very officious telephone confirmation, outlining all the house rules including cancellation of reservation if group was 15 minutes late. Surprising because place was clearly not busy. Staff were very cooperative; I arrived 3 hours before reservation to confirm table location, pick wines, etc. Hostess was charming and even stored a gift for us till the lunch. Charcuterie plates arrived with fresh bread. Not rushed to order our lunch. Food was good and arrived hot, in a timely manner. Server was attentive and very hospitable. Room is full of character and adds to the experience, including the courthouse cells downstairs that house wine storage and bathrooms.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceLuv2eatDined on 8/26/2014I went to Terroni with my 6 year old grand daughter. The service was great. They accommodated my grand daughter's dinner request. There were many other families there as well so obviously they are family friendly. As always the food was delicious! The home made pasta is fantastic. The patio is much quieter than inside the restaurant. Great evening! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Terroni retains it's hipster statusRapman58VIPDined on 8/25/2014I'm of two minds when I go to Terroni's, which I've been to dozens of times over the last 15 years (starting at the orig location on Victoria street). Food is good, attitude - especially re substitutions of any kind - insulting and condescending. Otherwise people are nice, service is a little too, when I get around to it vibe, but generally competent and friendly - on their terms. They still make a wicked pizza and the outdoor patio is nice in the summer. I don't go nearly as often as I used to (partly geography but partly because of the above annoyances) Hipster on dudes and babes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.