507 Franklin Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://terrazza.us/
- Phone: 9736614300x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Rocky Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact Terrazza for all of your on and off premise catering needs.
- Entertainment: DJ Every Friday Night
Live Entertainment Every Saturday Night
- Special Events: Please check out our facebook page for special events. www.facebook.com/terrazzanutley
A word from Terrazza
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrazza reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Closed Restaurant!JennMaDined on 7/7/2014This restaurant is closed and still let me make a reservation. That's ridiculous! I had made reservations to have a celebration dinner with my husband and when we arrived, they are temporarily closed.
- Out of Business!JVVVVIPDined on 6/27/2014Made the reservation for Friday night, went there and they were closed.....first time Open Table let us down......
- The following 31 reviews are from the Terrazza reviews archive.
- An acceptable local restaurantBobGVIPDined on 5/30/2014We tried Terrazza on the spur of the moment on Friday. I would best describe the food as typical and certainly pleasant southern Italian fare. It is a pleasant room with a nice bar and seems to attract a loca crowd. Our waitress was very very pleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nutley GemJJVVDined on 4/1/2014Terazza is a great for a slightly more modern, up-scale feel/ambiance for an average weeknight out. Many of the restaurants in Nutley and the surrounding areas are places that have been around a while and have a "dated" steakhouse aesthetic. Terazza rebukes this kind of atmosphere in favor of modern dining options more akin to a NY restaurant. I'd recommend it as a great casual, weeknight dining option. Though, it's clear they don't quite hit the mark. The food is tasty, but I'd think twice about paying ~$20-$25 for pasta. They do have some nights where entrees and pasta dishes are half-off. Overall, I'd definitely recommend Terazza. Great atmosphere and a solid menu in an area fraught with limited dining options.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRAZZA FAILS TO IMPRESSFastEddieVIPDined on 3/29/2014Terrazza, located on Franklin Avenue in Nutley, NJ. fails to impress. I ordered the long hot Italian frying peppers with potatoes. Terrazza served the peppers in too much oil and the potatoes turned out to be real potato chips to my disappointment. For a main course, I ordered their rib eye steak ($29) medium rare. The cut was enormous (which frightens me because portion size is no substitute for quality) and the steak was tough & chewy. The peppers & mushrooms were swimming in vinegar, the mashed potatoes OK. My wife ordered the linguini in white clam which was surprisingly tasty. The service was attentive and somewhat concerned that we weren't pleased. Overall, only go to Terrazza if a martini & potato chips are your only crave.Special Features:
- Food was OK, but overpricedEmilyDined on 3/22/2014Food was good, but not great compared to all of the Italian options in the area. Overpriced for what you get in my opinion. It was very loud because they had live music- live music was fun, but so loud you couldn't have a conversation. Great drinks!
- Sunday dinnerMike19Dined on 2/16/2014We had a very pleasant late Sunday afternoon dining experience here. The Sunday Gravy dinner we all ordered was delicious and our servers were courteous and efficient. Very friendly staff at Terrazza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall. Second timecasualdiningDined on 2/15/2014Food and service has been great both times. Those who seem more 'regular' seem protective of their place with strange glances when you enter but your meal is uninterrupted and served promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMelvDined on 2/14/2014Everything was amazing! Service and ESPECIALLY the food! Very affordable! What's not to like?! Me and my friends had an awesome time, and we will surely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok not greatdinakalDined on 12/28/2013with all the wonderful Italian restaurants in that area..we would not recommend this one. The food was ok..not great.
- Always greatMicDenBurVIPDined on 12/16/2013It has been awhile since we had dinner here, but it was as good as we remembered.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our experiencekaramiaDined on 11/23/2013We chose this restaurant because we were able to get a last minute 7:00 reservation on a Saturday night. We had never been there before. The food was great and in ample proportions (two of us brought food home). There was a duo providing music but they were not too loud as to interrupt our dining. We will probably go back again. Parking lot in the rear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything tasted pre cooked.MARIEVIPDined on 11/15/2013Everything tasted pre cooked. Veal tasted like it was microwaved. Chicken in the Penne, chewy. Nothing crispy about the calamari tasted like elastic bands.Special Features:
- Vibrate Bar scene was enjoyedBarflyVIPDined on 11/10/2013Gina the bartender was AMAZING and I mean AMAZING !! The food was good too! I had the Chicken MAMA and desserts were homemade. We will be returning soon.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice…butGinoVIPDined on 10/26/2013Actually a very nice place and our dinner (when we got it) was good… not great but still tasty. The server was very nice but got my wife's appetizer wrong then got my dinner completely wrong and by the time I got my dinner, my wife had finished hers. I'm sure you will like the restaurant but just make sure you double check that the server has your order right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More a bar than a restaurant.......AllanDined on 10/25/2013After a busy week, I looked forward to the restaurant as it is described on the internet. It is more bar, less restaurant. Very noisy bar, with radio music being overwhelming. The menu, very limited, is different that that shown on the website. Service was nice, and food was acceptable. By the end of the meal the noise was overwhelming, not able to hear the hostess as we left. Not a place to relax and enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- Great Italian Food1njgalVIPDined on 10/13/2013We had been to Terrazza a few times but not too recently. We were in the neighborhood and remembered it was quite enjoyable. The rigatoni pasta with eggplant was excellent. My dining partner had the sesame crusted salmon...also very good. For a nice casual dining experience, we would recommend Terrazza...always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningLandLDined on 9/7/2013Perfect for dinner out with my husband or with friends. Nice atmosphere, acoustic duo playing, not too loud. You could still carry on a conversation with the music. Food was delicious, large portions and rich. So you may need to pace it out. Service was excellent, we never felt rushed. Overall just a very nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpeccablemibattDined on 8/10/2013The food was wonderful. I had the Sunday Gravy and as usual it was terrific. Our waitress (I'm sorry I don't remember her name) was great. She was very attentive.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutJoJo17Dined on 7/13/2013A few neighbors decided to get together for dinner to celebrate a birthday. I had forgotten about Terrazza but liked what I saw on the menu so I made a reservation for 5. I'm assuming summer vacations and the heat caused folks to stay away because the restaurant was not as crowded as I assumed it would be for a Saturday night. The food was amazing...not a bad mouthful to be had among the five of us! The avocado crab appetizer was such an unexpected treat, my pasta with shrimp and crab was delish, and my neighbor raved about the braised shortribs with risotto. Surprisingly the service was a little slow, so I'm not sure how you'd fare if the restaurant was really crowded - but the waitress was very friendly and the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMbdnng63Dined on 7/13/2013that's all i can say...salads are fresh and delectable....the avocado/crab appetizer is fantastic...chicken mama was so good! oh, and i know you shouldn't drink your dessert, but ...the canoli martini was out of this world..can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Definitely has taken a stepJRCCVIPDined on 6/15/2013Definitely has taken a step backwards since new owner and staff changes.....very average food, too many other options in the area.
- Lousy at BestgenerouscriticDined on 6/15/2013I went for dinner over the weekend. I ordered Veal Milanese. It arrived swimming in balsamic vinegar. Veal did not taste fresh either, in fact, it had no taste at all other than the vinegar. Although this restaurant has a nice atmosphere, the menu is way over priced for poor quality food.
- It's the little things...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Took mom there for Mother's day. The hostess at around 3pm was so sweet. At the end of the meal, she presented each lady with a rose. Really a nice little touch.Special Features:
- One of A Kind DiningCherylDined on 5/10/2013The restaurant was fabulous and the manager friendly as well as the staff. I had a salad that was out of this world and a chicken dish that was scrumptous. I asked for a table that was situated away from a group of people at table and the staff was happy to fulfil my request. The young lady who's the hostess named Loddi is very friendly and excellent hostess. If you like a socialble as well as intimate environment serving marvelous food, this place is one to patron.Special Features:
- Great place! Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Great place! Great food!! I ordered the long hot peppers with chips and they were so hot just like i like them. For my entree i had the lobster ravioli and it was one of the best I have ever eaten! They were huge!! My fiancé had the steak and it was cooked perfectly. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- We had been to Terrazza severalnotpleased4Dined on 4/6/2013We had been to Terrazza several times before. When I reserved for this time, I noticed that the online menu seemed different. Indeed, the food that we had on this occasion was not the quality that we had in the past. And, the restaurant was deserted - on a Saturday night at 730 pm. We drove 25 minutes to get to the restaurant and brought friends. It worked out fine b/c we got to watch a game on TV that everyone wanted to see and it was good for the kids. Just not sure I would make a return visit b/c the food was not special enough as it has been in the past to warrent the longish drive.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013The food was excellent. There might have been a special event going on at the bar, but it was extremely noisy at the restaurant for a Wednesday evening, to the point where I could barely hear someone at my own table. I think this also caused them to be a little short on waitstaff. From what I can tell, this place generally advertises their events ahead of time so I would not have gone had I known it was going to be more of a nightclub rather than a nice evening out with my wife.
- Haven't been to Terrazza sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2013Haven't been to Terrazza since 2007 when I lived and worked nearby - at which time I was a weekly regular. Was passing through the area with my family on our way to West Chester County and timing-wise, it was the perfect opportunity to come in for a dinner visit and it didn't disappoint. Terrazza makes the Best (with a capital "B") pasta fagioli, bar none. So glad the recipe hasn't changes since my last visit. Orichietti was also excellent as I remembered it. Nice wine list. Efficient service. So glad we were able to stop in and we'll look forward to doing so again when passing through the area!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/20/2013Excellent food and service! Would highly recommend !Special Features:
- Food was very good, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013Food was very good, I had three business dinners in the last two months and was very good.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. TastedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/4/2013Food was excellent. Tasted freshly made. Portions were more than adequate. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Too expensive for such poor serviceAmazingDined on 12/24/2012Went on Christmas Eve where there was a smaller menu to choose from instead of their larger menu. There weren't that many people eating there but our waiter still took forever to serve us. He never came by to check on us, the bus boy actually had to give my husband utensils since he didnt have any sitting at the table. We had to ask the bus boy for a refill on drinks since.We finished eating and our food was taken away buy we sat at our table for 20 minutes with no waiter coming by us to ask us if we wanted dessert or coffee. Finally after the waiter came to check on us, I asked for our dessert to go because I couldn't take staying there for another minute. It's a shame, this place has such poor service for such expensive and amazing foodSpecial Features: