273 High St.
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrazzanj.com/
- Phone: 7324428100
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Terrazza Restaurant
Terrazza is a modern restaurant inspired by Cuban, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American cuisines. Here we provide a casual upscale dining experience, including an outstanding selection of the finest food and beverage quality at an affordable price. Our mission is to serve exquisite Latin food that represents diverse Hispanic culture with an innovative approach of blending traditional dishes with a creative touch, which delivers a unique experience to fulfill our guests’ expectations. Our restaurant offers unique décor and atmosphere that provides an inviting space for social gatherings, casual or sophisticated dining occasions, and private events for large groups. Whether you are coming in for lunch, dinner, happy hour, take-out service or late night drinks, Terrazza will quickly become your favorite place to dine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Terrazza Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)romantic (4)special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- jenoDined on 9/20/2014Staff was very attentive, inside seating was very noisy. outside much better. Did not like the mofongo, but mariscada was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The SameDFoodStarrVIPDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I used to frequent Terrazas pretty regularly, but I dont think that will continue. The appetizers we so-so, the pork was good, but the shrimp and plantains were average at best. The best part of the meal was the $20 bottle of wine that was from South America and very tasty. Dinner was not pleasing at all I got the Mofongo which was very dry and my wife got the churrasco which needed a healthy dosing of seasoning. All and all Terrazas is not the same place we fell in love with.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014excellent food, drinks, and service. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and dancingTeachDined on 8/16/2014Great food and sangria. Reminds me of a supperclub. Dancing around the tables with an old Cuba feel. Bring a dance partner or enjoy just watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprizing findfredschoiceDined on 7/26/2014When choosing a restaurant blindly, it is rare to select one that meets the standards of a Terrazza. From our youngest diner, 8 years old, to myself as the oldest Terrazza met our expectations of a great dining experience. I could list the reasons, as there are many, however I simply say if you wish to try a new restaurant call and make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place Good foodKimCookiesDined on 7/25/2014Came out for a late dinner and ladies night dancing and drink specials. The food was good and our waiter was very nice. We waited for the dance floor to fill, but I guess it was a slow night, so we ended up being the first ones out there. The DJ was good and he took our requests (prob cause we were the only ones dancing for a while. The floor filled up some little bit later, but we didn't stay too late - our bellies were quite full. Over all a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuban delightMedArts1VIPDined on 7/19/2014It was our first time there, and we'll definitely be back! Great menu, delicioso!Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Terrazza Restaurant reviews archive.
- NoisydinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Unfortunately this experience was the worst we've had at this establishment. The noise level was extremely annoying. Couldn't even hear each other have any conversation. Additionally, we only ordered 4 appetizers as our main meal and everything was served together. I would think that being a waiter/waitress they should understand that you can't eat 4 things at the same time and should stagger their timing. Don't think I'll be returning to this place.
- You'll be a fanBells123Dined on 4/19/2014Terrazza is warm & friendly. Food is delicious & service is excellent. Noise level was a little high because we were there on Easter Eve & there were several families with children. Also there were a couple of large parties there too. However, it was a very happy & homey atmosphere, so we didn't mind at all. Terrazza has seating at several pub tables in the bar area as well as outdoor seating. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!HauntedHayRiderDined on 4/5/2014In a pretty gated strip mall just east of the High Street circle. Parking is a breeze - plenty for all. It's a new clean place with lots of space and a cool separate bar area. Food is very nice and very reasonable! Great Mojitos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timenick52948Dined on 3/29/2014We celebrated a birthday here and were very pleased. Most of the food was outstanding - the pork chop was, however fatty and not very good. Service was great and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for Latin FoodFrequentShowDinerVIPDined on 3/28/2014We LOVED this place, everything about it. Picked it because it was a good location to meet friends halfway, but were so pleasantly surprised when the food and service was so great. A great drink selection followed by authentic and tasty Cuban food, plus everyone was so friendly and welcoming. And there were strolling musicians too! We thoroughly enjoyed both the seafood and meat dishes and so did our friends. The calamari and empanadas are a must! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlgrantDined on 3/21/2014food is great the drinks are good place to relax and grab a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could improveAndyDined on 2/14/2014I arrived at 8pm for my 8:15 reservations, the host forgot about us and gave everyone else that walked in a seat before me. I ended waiting until 8:30 to be seated. The waitress took my drink order and forgot to bring my drinks. Food was really delicious. I think the staff was not fully prepared to handle the valentines day rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant findMustangmaggieVIPDined on 1/1/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. Good menu selection and well prepared food. Pleasant dining area but got a little louder as place filled up. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fresh, Crisp MariscadaMTNesterVIPDined on 10/17/2013We were expecting your typical Spanish restaurant - a pot filled with saffron rice, peas and some flavorful but overcooked melange of seafood. This was anything but. Each item must have been freshly and independently prepared and set on our plates with the same pride as a French pastry chef would decorate his dessert plate. We marveled at the fresh, crisp and flavorful seafood. Now, we know the difference, and this is our new favorite Spanish restaurant. The only drawback is if we dine inside: more than loud - THUNDEROUS and impossible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent appetizers.....wow!!DonnaDined on 9/2/2013We sat at the bar and had a wonderful time ordering amazing appetizers that were so delicious! We are going back very soon. We had one main course and it was also amazing.Special Features:
- Cigar Friendly!TomBDined on 7/20/2013The place is very well run. Busy and delicious food. Well stocked bar and very friendly staff. You can buy quality cigars at the bar and smoke them outside under a covered patio. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cuban Food Plus SalsaSalsaGirlVIPDined on 6/15/2013My husband and I have been going to Terrazzas for the last 8 months. We take salsa lessons in Highland Park and one of our fellow dancers recommended the bands and DJ. We enjoy coming early for dinner first. I LOVE their avacado and mango salad (I could go for 2 servings) and my husband usually gets the jicama and apple salad. I've tried some of their specials as well as standard pork and beef dishes. Everything is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.