3 Big Shop Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrasoleridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034385352x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 11:30am - 9pm
Brunch: Every day
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Pietro Polini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: caters all events
- Private Party Contact: Pietro Polini 2039181756x
- Entertainment: Live music.
- Special Events: brunch every day, happy hour, live music, wine tasting, 20% off takeout
A word from TerraSole Ristorante
At Terrasole Ristorante our wine selection is diverse and complex enough to complement any palate, our cuisine is Northern Italian , traditional dishes with chef's contemporary spin. Experience a taste of Italy at Terrasole Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
TerraSole Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Ridgefield ›
TerraSole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)great for outdoor dining (35)neighborhood gem (31)notable wine list (20)romantic (17)special occasion (17)great for brunch (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed a perfect meal outside on the patio. The weather, food and service were spectacular. The menu was expansive and offered something for everyone and the wine list was fantastic. The staff was very knowledgable and offered great suggestions. A must go if in the area. Highlights...authentic, fresh, nice portions, welcomingSpecial Features:
- Hidden perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I grew up in the area and didn't know this restaurant existed for the past 5 years. Hidden from the main traffic in the center of Ridgefield, this place was delicious..I am glad I found it!! The food is absolutely mouth watering until the last bite. The staff was warm and welcoming and very attentive and the outdoor patio was perfect for summer...even though the parking lot is a few feet away the atmosphere and the food and wine make you forget your surroundings. Terrasole is a must try...even if it's for some wine and appetizers...We loved it and plan on being back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I give this restaurant a 10 out of 10. Starting with decor, the service and the food was fantasic. Entertainment was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute of our visit at terra sole. Our server Veronika was very helpful and we ejoyed the fact that the owner visited our table to make sure everything was perfect. I will recomend this place to my friends and family. 5★★★★★Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Easily the best restaurant in Ridgefield and top 5 in Fairfield County. The food is fully 5-star. Salads are all from local farms, meats are organic and the combinations of flavors are such that this is a destination restaurant. Over my visits I have enjoyed several salads, pastas, entrees and desserts. In each instance I am incredibly satisfied. The prices commensurate with the food quality. Start with a selection of cheeses, move to a salad or a half order of pasta and then an entree. And speak with owner Pietro for a choice of wines to pair with your meal. Great authentic Italian food, very lucky to have TerraSole in Ridgefield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ridgefield Restaurant my fav.AmousDined on 8/23/2014Love going to this restaurant. The kitchen was backed up and we were offered nothing but an "I'm sorry" a drink or desert on the house would have been wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot, busy place!LildisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Went to dinner with my wife and another couple. The atmosphere was very energetic and busy. I enjoyed sitting at the bar waiting for our table, great little bar area. Service and food were acceptable, I would go back again.Special Features:
- Amazing food and servicefudluverDined on 8/17/2014A must go restaurant that I plan to return many times! I went there for brunch with my wife and kids, and I must say that it was a very pleasant Experience. All of the food was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly. We even got to meet the owner, Pietro, who was not just welcoming all of the guests but took the time to have a personal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticfromCTDined on 8/17/2014can't understand the negative reviews, they should be ignored. Have eaten there several times, lunch and dinner. Always outstanding food, very innovative, very authentic. Takes a little longer then usual because all is freshly prepared. Just had a Sunday Lunch/Brunch with a family group of 7 and everybody was happy. What's with all the service complaints? These complainers have self-loathing problems or are they total prima-donnas? The service has always been super professional, friendly and efficient. Maybe these people like "Hi my name is Debby" type of restaurants with the kneeling by your side? I am glad we have TerraSole in Ridgefield, would be at home in any large world city. It' a great place and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- At long last...A great find!PaulDined on 8/6/2014We have been trying to find a good restaurant since moving from the Boston area, where there are many very good restaurants and after being disappointed so many times was sure that they didn't exist in CT. It has only taken us 10 years, but my wife and I finally discovered TerraSole Ristorante and were very pleasantly surprised! We have been fortunate to visit Italy many times and have dined in many high-end restaurants there. This experience was outstanding...comparable to any meal we enjoyed in Italy! Would highly recommend TerraSole to others who know and appreciate high quality food. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of RidgefieldLeapsVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for the right spot to celebrate or just to experience il meglio del meglio, make sure you hit Terra Sole. It serves well as a dinner spot or just a good stop over for a glass of wine. Le cibo and vino are always an experience. Rivaled only by the excellent service and ambiance. Since I'm local, I also love seeing friends from around town. Pietro runs the restaurant with a higher end classy Italian touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Our server was spot on with recommendations for food and wine. Everything was wonderful and looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special placesoutherngal1Dined on 7/27/2014As always, the food and service were wonderful. An especially delicious surprise was the "short rib" Lasagna which we all tasted and loved. The grilled fish platter was supurb, as was the crusted salmon. We continue to enjoy and recommend this gem of a restaurant in Ridgefield.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ambience!SaraK6Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and ambience! Perfect date night location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!WestportJenVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I dined at TerraSole pre-theater on a Sunday night. We were seated outside at a quiet table. There was a guitarist, which was very pleasant. We were tantalized by the many options, so decided to order a selection of appetizers. I must say that we had one of the best meals we've ever had (and we live in Westport, so have had a lot of great meals). We had the gazpacho, beet salad, calamari, burrata and the ravioli special, and all the dishes were delicious! Our waitress was very knowledgable, and made recommendations. We finished the meal with a stellar tiramisu. We'll definitely be making the special trip to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightsoutherngal1Dined on 6/30/2014Our anniversary, like many special occasions, is spent at Terresole and it never disappoints. The food is always fresh and delicious, the service is always attentive, informed and friendly, and the management goes out of its way to insure that you enjoy every morsel. The featured special wine is always a new,enjoyable surprise.Special Features:
- Great FindWillDined on 6/28/2014Not a whole lot of options in Ridgefield but this restaurant is one of the best. Quality of the food is superb. Proprietor took interest in our satisfaction. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2014What's a surprise! After having past the restaurant many times, we decided to try it after commenting on how crowded it was. We were totally impressed by the food and will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- great dinnerrobertDined on 6/21/2014Excellent time. Food was great. Wait staff very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite! Consistently Great FoodRidgefieldRuthDined on 6/15/2014I have hosted a birthday gathering here, been for a romantic dinner here, taken the family here - and we know we can count on great service and great food. They accommodate vegans, vegetarians, and gluten-free folks with finesse - a must in these times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie paradiseCaroleDined on 6/4/2014The foods here reflects the best of Italy, but goes a few steps further by intoducing diners to fine sauces, careful preparation of every element including the too often neglected vegetable accompaniments, and elevating each dish to a level that transcends topical "Italian food"generally found in the USA. You will not be disappointed in the pastas, seafood or meats. None of this comes cheaply, but be assured that the value of this dining experience is worth it. Mangia bene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerreSole Shines in Ridgefield, CTFoodieVIPDined on 5/27/2014Truly the most inventive Italian Restaurant around Fairfield county. Owner/Chef Pietro Polini designs the most innovative menus with some of the most finest organic ingredients and develops a dish as if you're in Liguria or Cingue Terre. Tuesday nights are even more grand with 1/2 off bottles of wine. I love his creativity, generosity and how he and his lovely wife Lana treat their guests. It's also the kind of place I can go by myself and have a glass of wine and some small plates and feel at home and welcome. Love this place--Highly recommend any of the pasta dishes and all of the seafood dishes. My favorite restaurant and I'm picky!Special Features:
- Love itJbrfld1Dined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant. We have dinner here several times a year and are always impressed. Having a charismatic owner in the dining room mingling with guests is a traditional aspect of the restaurant business that has gone out of favor. Not here and it's welcome. Food was excellent as always. The limoncello espresso at the end of the meal was a great surprise. And the amaretto tiramisu was off the charts good.Special Features:
- FantasticdissapointedDined on 5/10/2014If TerraSole was in Rome it would be 4 stars. Great food, great service, and an owner who cares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the TerraSole Ristorante reviews archive.
- WillDined on 4/30/2014I took my wife here for lunch on her birthday and we could not have been happier. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. We spent a little over two hours there for lunch as we were in no hurry to leave. The staff was very attentive and the owner came over to say hello and bought us an after "lunch" drink. I would highly recommend TerraSole to anyone looking for a good meal and a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Food always divineSABSHDined on 4/19/2014Food is always delicious, service always good, ambience good, but due to small size and dining room configuration always too loud for me. Also, tables are too close together and many diners end up facing a wall while they are eating. Certainly takes away from the ambience.Special Features:
- Delicious!FoodieliciousDined on 4/19/2014Although we were there at 2:30, which is an unusual time for Lunch, they were able to serve a a 5 star lunch. The salads were creative and delicious. The pastas are home made and had the perfect "chew." The pasta sauces were fantastic! We didn't have entrees, but they all looked so good. The cocktails are very creative. We will definitely be back and would recommend TerraSole to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceNikita2007Dined on 4/17/2014Fantastic Experience Food Service Ambiance Noise LevelModerate This was thrid time at the restaurant. We sat bar area which was so charming and welcoming. We had cocktails and wine which were recommended by the waiter and we are grateful for that recommendation! Our waiter and all the wait staff were attentive but not intrusive. Instead of ordering one entree per person we decided to order Tapas style. The house bread and oil was amazing. The food was exceptional...my favorites: truffle flat Bread,tuna tartar, veggie meatballs, brussel sproud Salad ,grilled calamari,mission figs.The amaretto cookies tiramisu was a great way to end a lovely meal. Special Features: fit for foodies, notable wine list, romantic, special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely deliciouseatoutDined on 3/28/2014wonderful food, great shaved brussel sprout salad, marvelous pasta, lovely wine, friendly, personal service and not crazy expensive We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise, surprise!RedgloDined on 3/22/2014Going back to a restaurant after you've been there already almost always disappoints, but not Terrasole. If anything it was even better the second time around. The greeting at the door, the servers demeanor, the food, the wine were all top notch. A visit by the owner at the end of the meal was a nice touch. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Good food, long waitCantitoeVIPDined on 3/8/2014We had a 7:30 reservation and weren't seated until 8:15 in a deafeningly noisy dining room. Yes we were served a very nice bottle of sparkling rose, compliments of the house when we were finally seated which was a nice touch but I would have preferred to be seated closer to on time. There were a couple of very large parties that made the room incredibly loud and very difficult to hear and I am not very old! That said, the food was delicious. My appetizer and entree were both terrific. If you order the Veal Milanese, split it with someone as it is enormous! I might go back again on a weeknight when it is more likely to be less crowded and noisy but doubt I will visit again on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Food, over staffedDinnerdinerDined on 3/7/2014The food and wine were excellent but my husband and I both noticed that the staff seemingly hovered over the guests. Perhaps this was more evident simply because the place is small and there was nowhere for them to go. It almost seemed as though there were too many people working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!ShopgirlVIPDined on 3/1/2014We always have a fantastic meal at TerraSole. My husband used to own an Italian restaurant, he feels this is one on the best eateries ever! The menu is very inventive. It always pleases us. Their wine glasses are beautiful and generous in size. Makes a big difference when you sip a fire vintage from a delicate glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014Really a special kitchen. Two in out group had the special seafood ravioli and both raved about the fact that you could taste every ingredient in the dish. The pastas continue to be outstanding- tastes just like how they prepare them in Italy. Delizioso!Special Features:
- would definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/8/2014we had a very nice evening at terrasole. the food was delicious. i had the grilled seafood platter and loved it. we will be back!Special Features:
- One if the best in RidgefieldsouthsalemDined on 2/7/2014Just came back from trip to Italy and for a moment I thought I was back there eating. Flavor was authentic and presentation was beautiful. We were a group of 8 and they handled it perfectly. Did not rush us, spaced courses out perfectly and were extremely attentive. Our friends came up from Westport and they all agreed that they would add this to their places to go when they wanted to get away from their usual choices at home.Special Features:
- Love it!Foodie918VIPDined on 2/1/2014This is our second time dining at Terra Sole and once again we found everything to be excellent. From start to finish an overall great dining experience. So happy that they offer half portions on pasta, as it allows you to order more of a variety. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terra SoleSueandJimDined on 1/25/2014Four adults on a Snowy Saturday night-prime time 7pm. The atmosphere was warm, friendly and inviting. Our host greeted us in Italian and we were seated promptly after meeting our friends, who were waiting for us in the cute bar area. Let's just say we loved the food, once it finally arrived. I ordered a salad, and no one else ordered apps. We waited about 45 minutes for our entrees, and my husband's salmon was room temp, at best. Apologies were offered after a while, nothing else. Luckily we enjoyed each other's company, and weren't enroute to a movie, theater, etc.Special Features:
- Inventive Italian Food with a flairFoodieVIPDined on 1/7/2014Pietro, the owner, designs the menu based on the best organic, locally sourced ingredients. He tries unusual types of fish -such as Barramuda--and prepares the dishes with the use of herbs and amazing privately bottled EVOO from the Terresole restaurant--with gold flakes no less. Try one of Pietro's signature cocktails with gold flakes. The food is fresh and can be tweaked for dietary reasons if needed. Pietro and his staff go out of their way to ensure you're dining experience is like being a guest in their home. If you're not sure what type of wine to choose--you will never go wrong with Pietro's picks--most of the wines are from Puglia and simply amazing. Summer time is the best time to dine outside--Mangia bene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ProfessionalRIGHTANGLE1Dined on 1/3/2014I had a group of six celebrating a special milestone. Although mine and two others had wonderful meals, the other three whose entrees were pasta with sauce just didn't like it. I would try it again giving it another chance.Special Features:
- Delicious New Year's Evesoutherngal1Dined on 12/31/2013Food/Service were outstanding despite the mega-noise level and filled-to-capacity New Year's Eve crowd. Lobster appetizer with special dipping sauce was truly memorable as was the "house choice" white wine. Our NYC friends were amazed at the freshness and quality of the food, and the kindness and care of the chef/owner.Special Features: