3 Big Shop Lane
Ridgefield, CT 06877Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.terrasoleridgefield.com/
- Phone: 2034385352x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:30pm;
Sunday: 11:30am - 9pm
Brunch: Every day
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $31 to $50
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Organic, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Pietro Polini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: caters all events
- Private Party Contact: Pietro Polini 2039181756x
- Entertainment: Live music.
- Special Events: brunch every day, happy hour, live music, wine tasting, 20% off takeout
A word from TerraSole Ristorante
At Terrasole Ristorante our wine selection is diverse and complex enough to complement any palate, our cuisine is Northern Italian , traditional dishes with chef's contemporary spin. Experience a taste of Italy at Terrasole Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
TerraSole Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (38)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (23)good for groups (17)romantic (16)special occasion (16)hot spot (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Terra Sole TrendyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014A busy, buzzy happening! Informal setting with better that average Italian food. Small, but fun bar. Excellent service with an on-scene owner. Only negative, wine list badly needs a mid priced American champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lacalmDined on 10/16/2014The food was absolutely fantastic. Our waiter knew our every need before we did. Best dining experience of the year for us! Very authentic Italian wine and food of top caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fuzzy1Dined on 10/11/2014Outstanding food, outstanding service staff. Our server was very helpful with gluten free options. The owner was so gracious. A real find!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The food and wine was delicious! Our service was amazing all night long. A little loud which made it hard to talk as a large group but we made it work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- localfromCTDined on 10/10/2014Live in town, superb food, great service always, it's a destination place, can and have always highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night!mtnest30Dined on 10/6/2014Our meal was wonderful. The chef had prepared a ravioli as a special that evening, that was very light and tasty! Our evening was a special occasion that was perfect, as we did not have to get overly dressed to enjoy fine dining. The staff was wonderful, we were able to enjoy our meal with just the right amount of interaction. It is sometimes scary going into a new restaurant, not knowing what to expect..then being a vegetarian! We will plan to go again. I would suggest that you go during the beginning of the week, as I hear they are very busy on the weekend. We had made a reservation online that was easy!Special Features:
- A Special PlaceKendorVIPDined on 9/27/2014There's lots of Italian food to be had in these parts, but TerraSole is a notch up from others in the area. The menu is diverse and isn't just run of the mill staples. The service is attentive and genuinely friendly. My GNOCCHETTI DI CAPRA CON SUGO D’ANATRA, a goat cheese Gnocchi with duck ragu, crispy wild mushrooms, and goat cheese was a standout and a dish worth going back for. My wife's Veal Chop Milanese was out of the ordinary, and a healthy enough serving that there was plenty to take home for lunch the next day. We finished the meal off with chocolate and banana beignets that were lick the plate good.Special Features:
- Impeccable ItalianJuliesChoiceDined on 9/24/2014Our first experience at TerraSole was memorable. Fantastic attention to detail and to diners, the service was terrific in this well-appointed, bright room. The homemade pasta was the star but other main sources and the appetizers were terrific, especially the grilled calamari and the composed bur rata salad with beans, tomatoes and avocado. The goat cheese gnocchi with duck ragu was completely unique. Loved their own 24K infused EVOO. Desserts hit the sweet spot--sampled beignets and profiteroles, both with outstanding fresh whipped cream. Go very hungry!Special Features:
- Good Food, a bit expensiveKathBonVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a place to eat before a concert at Ridgefield Playhouse, and Terrasole is a perfect fit.... good Italian food, very close to our evening venue. We each had a glass of wine...and an appetizer (1 soup, 1 salad), I had pasta, hubby had meat dish and we had dessert. The bill? $200, which seemed a tad high to me.Special Features:
- Great fun for sixBigDandPeniDined on 9/13/2014We never stopped talking and laughing. The service happened around us so perfectly without interfering with our conversation. The food and wine came and all perfectly done. Everyone enjoyed their food and time together. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great once againRJGADined on 9/10/2014We are never let down by the service or food at Terrasole. We hosted a party of eight, sat outside, enjoyed the cheeses and meats and a great Italian wine before a fantastic dinner. The waitstaff is always top notch and accommodating, the food is always fresh and delicious with unique offerings every week. This has become one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant outdoor diningMjsctDined on 9/5/2014Lovely terrace and welcoming owner and waiters. But food was just OK on the night we were there, and we had to wait 45 minutes between salads and main course. Our waiter alluded to some problem going on in the kitchen that night. But the location was so enjoyable and the staff so welcoming that, at least in weather warm enough for al fresco dining, we might go back and give the kitchen another chance.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor Casual Dining!JoeSkripDined on 9/4/2014I love sitting outdoors on a summers night listening to live music and having a nice meal with some close friends. Just great time. We found this place a few weeks ago and came back with friends of ours. Our friends who know Ridgefield pretty well were amazed that they hadn't been there before. They loved it as did we. I think its one of Ridgefield's best kept secrets. Food is great. Service wonderful and its just so relaxing to sit outdoors and listen to the soft live music. Will go again soon!Special Features:
- excellent fresh ingredientsjakeDined on 8/30/2014we had lunch on their outdoor terrace, lovely. . . . two of us had sea bass which was very fresh and well prepared, one person in our party had chicken and the other veal and both of them liked their dishes very much. will definitely go back there for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Relaxing!!JoeSkripDined on 8/28/2014Great find!! Sitting outside listening to soft live music coupled with excellent food and service....All the ingredients for a wonderful evening. will definitely go again!!Special Features:
- Will definitely be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014My husband and I recently dined here for the first time and we will definitely be back! Everything was wonderful from the wine list to the service and most of all the food. I had the panzanella salad topped with super creamy butta cheese it was so flavorful. For dinner my husband had the ravioli special it was delicious I had to steal one. I had the rolled stuffed chicken, if I could eat it seven days a week I would. Neither of us had room for dessert but the table near us had the tiramisu which looked to die for. The server was super knowledgeable and very attentive, we never had to ask for anything. The restaurant is amazing and we will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLove2eatDined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed a perfect meal outside on the patio. The weather, food and service were spectacular. The menu was expansive and offered something for everyone and the wine list was fantastic. The staff was very knowledgable and offered great suggestions. A must go if in the area. Highlights...authentic, fresh, nice portions, welcomingSpecial Features:
- Hidden perfectionMorwineDined on 8/27/2014I grew up in the area and didn't know this restaurant existed for the past 5 years. Hidden from the main traffic in the center of Ridgefield, this place was delicious..I am glad I found it!! The food is absolutely mouth watering until the last bite. The staff was warm and welcoming and very attentive and the outdoor patio was perfect for summer...even though the parking lot is a few feet away the atmosphere and the food and wine make you forget your surroundings. Terrasole is a must try...even if it's for some wine and appetizers...We loved it and plan on being back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night out...freekeveeDined on 8/27/2014I give this restaurant a 10 out of 10. Starting with decor, the service and the food was fantasic. Entertainment was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute of our visit at terra sole. Our server Veronika was very helpful and we ejoyed the fact that the owner visited our table to make sure everything was perfect. I will recomend this place to my friends and family. 5★★★★★Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian foodrybavsDined on 8/27/2014Easily the best restaurant in Ridgefield and top 5 in Fairfield County. The food is fully 5-star. Salads are all from local farms, meats are organic and the combinations of flavors are such that this is a destination restaurant. Over my visits I have enjoyed several salads, pastas, entrees and desserts. In each instance I am incredibly satisfied. The prices commensurate with the food quality. Start with a selection of cheeses, move to a salad or a half order of pasta and then an entree. And speak with owner Pietro for a choice of wines to pair with your meal. Great authentic Italian food, very lucky to have TerraSole in Ridgefield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ridgefield Restaurant my fav.AmousDined on 8/23/2014Love going to this restaurant. The kitchen was backed up and we were offered nothing but an "I'm sorry" a drink or desert on the house would have been wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot, busy place!LildisappointedDined on 8/22/2014Went to dinner with my wife and another couple. The atmosphere was very energetic and busy. I enjoyed sitting at the bar waiting for our table, great little bar area. Service and food were acceptable, I would go back again.Special Features:
- Amazing food and servicefudluverDined on 8/17/2014A must go restaurant that I plan to return many times! I went there for brunch with my wife and kids, and I must say that it was a very pleasant Experience. All of the food was delicious and the staff was extremely friendly. We even got to meet the owner, Pietro, who was not just welcoming all of the guests but took the time to have a personal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticfromCTDined on 8/17/2014can't understand the negative reviews, they should be ignored. Have eaten there several times, lunch and dinner. Always outstanding food, very innovative, very authentic. Takes a little longer then usual because all is freshly prepared. Just had a Sunday Lunch/Brunch with a family group of 7 and everybody was happy. What's with all the service complaints? These complainers have self-loathing problems or are they total prima-donnas? The service has always been super professional, friendly and efficient. Maybe these people like "Hi my name is Debby" type of restaurants with the kneeling by your side? I am glad we have TerraSole in Ridgefield, would be at home in any large world city. It' a great place and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- At long last...A great find!PaulDined on 8/6/2014We have been trying to find a good restaurant since moving from the Boston area, where there are many very good restaurants and after being disappointed so many times was sure that they didn't exist in CT. It has only taken us 10 years, but my wife and I finally discovered TerraSole Ristorante and were very pleasantly surprised! We have been fortunate to visit Italy many times and have dined in many high-end restaurants there. This experience was outstanding...comparable to any meal we enjoyed in Italy! Would highly recommend TerraSole to others who know and appreciate high quality food. Looking forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of RidgefieldLeapsVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you're looking for the right spot to celebrate or just to experience il meglio del meglio, make sure you hit Terra Sole. It serves well as a dinner spot or just a good stop over for a glass of wine. Le cibo and vino are always an experience. Rivaled only by the excellent service and ambiance. Since I'm local, I also love seeing friends from around town. Pietro runs the restaurant with a higher end classy Italian touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Our server was spot on with recommendations for food and wine. Everything was wonderful and looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special placesoutherngal1Dined on 7/27/2014As always, the food and service were wonderful. An especially delicious surprise was the "short rib" Lasagna which we all tasted and loved. The grilled fish platter was supurb, as was the crusted salmon. We continue to enjoy and recommend this gem of a restaurant in Ridgefield.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and ambience!SaraK6Dined on 7/26/2014Fantastic food and ambience! Perfect date night location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!WestportJenVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I dined at TerraSole pre-theater on a Sunday night. We were seated outside at a quiet table. There was a guitarist, which was very pleasant. We were tantalized by the many options, so decided to order a selection of appetizers. I must say that we had one of the best meals we've ever had (and we live in Westport, so have had a lot of great meals). We had the gazpacho, beet salad, calamari, burrata and the ravioli special, and all the dishes were delicious! Our waitress was very knowledgable, and made recommendations. We finished the meal with a stellar tiramisu. We'll definitely be making the special trip to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightsoutherngal1Dined on 6/30/2014Our anniversary, like many special occasions, is spent at Terresole and it never disappoints. The food is always fresh and delicious, the service is always attentive, informed and friendly, and the management goes out of its way to insure that you enjoy every morsel. The featured special wine is always a new,enjoyable surprise.Special Features:
- Great FindWillDined on 6/28/2014Not a whole lot of options in Ridgefield but this restaurant is one of the best. Quality of the food is superb. Proprietor took interest in our satisfaction. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 164 reviews are from the TerraSole Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2014What's a surprise! After having past the restaurant many times, we decided to try it after commenting on how crowded it was. We were totally impressed by the food and will definitely come back again.Special Features:
- great dinnerrobertDined on 6/21/2014Excellent time. Food was great. Wait staff very attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite! Consistently Great FoodRidgefieldRuthDined on 6/15/2014I have hosted a birthday gathering here, been for a romantic dinner here, taken the family here - and we know we can count on great service and great food. They accommodate vegans, vegetarians, and gluten-free folks with finesse - a must in these times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie paradiseCaroleDined on 6/4/2014The foods here reflects the best of Italy, but goes a few steps further by intoducing diners to fine sauces, careful preparation of every element including the too often neglected vegetable accompaniments, and elevating each dish to a level that transcends topical "Italian food"generally found in the USA. You will not be disappointed in the pastas, seafood or meats. None of this comes cheaply, but be assured that the value of this dining experience is worth it. Mangia bene!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerreSole Shines in Ridgefield, CTFoodieVIPDined on 5/27/2014Truly the most inventive Italian Restaurant around Fairfield county. Owner/Chef Pietro Polini designs the most innovative menus with some of the most finest organic ingredients and develops a dish as if you're in Liguria or Cingue Terre. Tuesday nights are even more grand with 1/2 off bottles of wine. I love his creativity, generosity and how he and his lovely wife Lana treat their guests. It's also the kind of place I can go by myself and have a glass of wine and some small plates and feel at home and welcome. Love this place--Highly recommend any of the pasta dishes and all of the seafood dishes. My favorite restaurant and I'm picky!Special Features:
- Love itJbrfld1Dined on 5/10/2014Great restaurant. We have dinner here several times a year and are always impressed. Having a charismatic owner in the dining room mingling with guests is a traditional aspect of the restaurant business that has gone out of favor. Not here and it's welcome. Food was excellent as always. The limoncello espresso at the end of the meal was a great surprise. And the amaretto tiramisu was off the charts good.Special Features:
- FantasticdissapointedDined on 5/10/2014If TerraSole was in Rome it would be 4 stars. Great food, great service, and an owner who cares.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WillDined on 4/30/2014I took my wife here for lunch on her birthday and we could not have been happier. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. We spent a little over two hours there for lunch as we were in no hurry to leave. The staff was very attentive and the owner came over to say hello and bought us an after "lunch" drink. I would highly recommend TerraSole to anyone looking for a good meal and a wonderful dining experience.Special Features: