1150 Douglas Ave Suite 1040
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://terramiaorlando.com/
- Phone: 4077748466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine Bar
A word from Terramia Ristorante
TerraMia presents contemporary Italian cuisine inspired by seasonal and regional simplicity. The executive chef creates elegant and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Terramia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Altamonte Springs ›
Terramia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (13)romantic (11)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We love Terramia and are so glad it is in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Pick any wine on the list and ask a question about it - their extensive knowledge is mind-blowing! I was able to discover a new favorite wine. Server was very attentive without being too intrusive. Food was excellent, reasonably priced - we will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- BeckyBecARNPDined on 9/27/2014Great food, great ambiance, great cocktails! Took my girl's group there and we had a blast.Special Features:
- Great service! Great food!LoveToEatDined on 9/20/2014We visited the bar first and the bartender immediately recommended a great drink for me since I wanted a sweeter, lighter wine since I'm not much of a wine drinker. Her suggestion was perfect, I loved it! Once seated, our waiter was wonderful. He recommended the perfect wine for our friend's meal. The waiter told us the history of this particular wine and region. He provided great service and was very attentive. The live musician came to our table at the beginning of the night to serenade us and then again at the end...nice touch! He has a wonderful voice and plays & sings great. Our food was wonderful...linguini with clams and husband had lasagna. We also had sausage and peppers for appetizer. We can't wait to dine here again :-)Special Features:
- RelaxingCettaDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter was very busy with a large table and many others, and though we sometimes were looking for him, it was also an excellent opportunity to relax and enjoy a slow dinner, not rushed and not being shoved out the door for the next seating. A really lovely night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodCaligulaDined on 9/3/2014I eat here every few months. I think the quality of the food has gone down. My order was not filled properly, the food was barely warm, and the taste was bland. Disappointed. Will try one more time, and if no improvement, will stop coming.Special Features:
- Best Italian food in townJJOrlandoDined on 8/30/2014We love to eat here - it's a touch of Italy right here in Altamonte Springs/Longwood. We arrived a little later (8:15) as the early evening crowd was thinning out. As always, the quality of the food and the service were great.Special Features:
- Great food and servicelovethisplaceDined on 8/30/2014This is the first time that we have eaten at Terramia, we have had several friends recommend this restaurant and now that we have eaten here I now know why! The service and the food was very good, we tried different dishes to get a little taste of everything and all of us at the table loved the sausage and pepper appetizer! The special Osso Buco was very good as was the fish special. Lots of little special touches that they do at this hidden gem, such as bringing my mother a piece of their homemade Tiramisu for her birthday desert! We will be visiting this restaurant and telling friends as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best italian food in seminole co.Eddie2Dined on 8/22/2014Our party of 5 had a 7pm reservation on a busy Friday night. We were seated promptly & our server quickly took our drink orders. Although the restaurant was very crowded our server was attentive, helpful & very knowledgeable about the food. Our appetizers arrived quickly, all were well presented, well prepared & very tasty. For mains 1 person chose the veal shank special (mouthwatering good) three chose pastas (prepared perfectly) and one chose a seafood "sampler" (fresh & flavorful). Everyone loved their selections. Portions were ample, with two people taking leftovers home. Desserts were of the classic Italian variety. My only issue with the restaurant is the noise level -- simply too loud for much conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best spaguetti alle vongoli EVER!GabiFleuryDined on 8/5/2014Amazing food, kind and efficient waiters. Great place! Deffinately recommended for lunch, dinner and special occasions. Must try the Spaguetti alle vongoli, best EVER!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tennisdr99VIPDined on 7/17/2014We ate outside - it was quiet and pleasant. Had pizza and salad. Great service.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingAnonymousDined on 7/16/2014We went to Terra-Mia for my daughter's birthday. We were very disappointed with our dining experience. The service was absolutely terrible. Our server was not trained at all. We waited about 15 minutes to give our drink order. Two in our party ordered Lemonade. ABout 5 minutes she came back to tell us they don't have Lemonade. Then she told us they had grape juice only to find out they do not. She explained that she just started and wasn't familiar with what they carried. Then she proceeded to tell us the specials for the day. One of the specials was grouper but she said she didn't know how the chef was preparing it. We waited an hour and a half for our food. We would not go back and not recommend to anyone.
- Great Service and Food!lekamarieDined on 7/15/2014We loved our dining experience. We went on a Tuesday night and they were busy for a Tuesday so I would highly recommend reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 110 reviews are from the Terramia Ristorante reviews archive.
- Wonderful experienceMary840Dined on 6/17/2014This was the second time that we have taken clients to this restaurant. They have raved about the food and service. We will definitely use it again for company function. Our local crew will be going too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating Father's Day and everything was excellent. The service was on point and the server was very helpful and professional. They had live music, a gentleman playing guitar and that was very nice. At first i was a little nervous as we were dining with my toddler; but they made us feel very comfortable and welcomed, and there were a couple of other families with young children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014Sat on the patio and it was very quiet and enjoyable. Our server was very attentive and personable. The hostess at the front desk was also very friendly. The service we received from them is the only reason i would go back there. The food was nothing to brag about. We ordered the flank steak and was told it would be cooked medium. What we received was well done with burnt edges. I made a comment to the waiter and he gave the impression that criticizing the food is not something you do there. We also had some pasta which was not bad at all. If i go back again, will probably get the pizza as i don't think the chef can mess it up. If you do want want a good atmosphere to have drinks with friends, this would be a good spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food falls a bit short at the priceCeeAreDined on 6/6/2014I had the grouper special with pasta, $28.00. The fish was fresh and well prepared, but the entire dish was served cold...it had obviously sat at the pass longer than it should have. The pizza ordered by one of my companions was virtually inedible, an ubber salty mixture of anchovy paste and kalamata olives drenched in enough oil to drink it instead of chewing it. The oil would literally run off when a slice was lifted from the plate. Disappointing considering the upscale prices, and put a damper on the excellent service provided by a very professional staff.
- Always WelcomingjulzDined on 5/31/2014With some hesitation, I brought my elderly parents (90 and 93) to Terra Mia to taste the wonderful food. The staff was so unexpectedly (compared to other places) welcoming and accommodating. They made us all feel comfortable; friendly and helpful. I was so appreciated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Better !OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/30/2014Our experience was just awesome. The food was amazing. Staff Excellent. We live 2500 miles from Terramia. Used Open Table to look for a good Italian restaurant north of Orlando. There was no disappointment all. Everything was over the top, and I think I can be a tough critic. Food recommendations were right on. Help with the Italian wine selection was honest and got us what we needed. Terramia will be our first choice in the Orlando area !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableBosspilotDined on 5/26/2014I chose the restaurant from searching online and then joining Open Table. Frankly the food, ambiance, service and wine selection was absolutely outstanding. I found it to closely resemble dining in Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014The drinks were great as was the ed wine my meal and the fellow of the couple with my wife and myself were great but the skirt steak salad entree the two women was unbeatable but was removed from the bill showing at least the professional waiter staff and the restaurant concern for content customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurant in Longwoodluv2dineVIPDined on 5/9/2014Terramia in Longwood, best in the area for great food, fine wine selection, best service.Special Features:
- Noise and restroomsDavidDined on 5/3/2014Everything was great about this restaurant except that it has an extremely high noise level which may be due to tile and wood floors. Also, the men's room is for one person at a time. For a busy bar and restaurant, where lots of people are drinking, it would be nice if the rest room could at least be set up for two persons at a time. That would be a tremendous improvement. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLongwooddinersDined on 4/19/2014We hadn't been to Terra Mia since they moved into the new building. Beautiful location. Excellent food. The service was wonderful.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A WINNERGEO40Dined on 4/18/2014ANOTHER GREAT EXPERANCE AS ALWAYS...GREAT FOOD AT BOTH RESTAURANTS...BOTH OWNERS KNOW HOW TO TREAT THEIR GUESTS WITH WORLD CLASS DINING....A TRUE TASTE OF ITALY.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood lunch spotHollyDined on 4/17/2014I've been to this restaurant 3 times. Each time the food was very good and our waiter was top notch. However, each time we arrived the woman who greets you at the front was unfriendly and never smiled. It made us feel unwelcome, but the food and wait staff keeps bringing us back.Special Features:
- FavoritechuckDined on 4/16/2014Have been enjoying the wonderful food and ambiance at Terra Mia since its inception, and along with many friends consider it our go to restaurant. Rosario and Massimo are outstanding hosts and always make everyone feel like we're dining in their home. The bar is in the capable hands of Lisette who always sees to it that you have the best pour in our area. ChuckSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ,excellent service......LMSPRSDined on 3/29/2014Great food ,excellent service...........very enjoyable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelMattDined on 3/28/2014We were placed in the back with a party of seven and It was nearly deafening. No one could hear anyone speaking so we hurried up and eat to get the heck out of there. Something needs to be done about the acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First vist, food was goodmikecDined on 3/26/2014First vist, food was good as was the service I'll be back !Special Features:
- Needs to work on servicewinetymeDined on 3/19/2014We have been to this restaurant for private parties and always loved it! We recently decided to take the family for dinner and were not as thrilled this time around. The food was great but service was not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsvisitorDined on 3/14/2014The food was okay, but I was a little disappointed. The Capers salad would have been good, however it was very heavily salted. The veal parmigiano was okay, but the sauce was somewhat bland. I was seated on the patio next to a group celebrating a birthday, which would have been fine, but one member of their party was quite loud. Smokers came out to smoke on the sidewalk, & unfortunately the tables were downwind, so they might as well have been smoking at my table. The server was great. I would be willing to give this place another try with different food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I tried the squid ink pastaFoodieVIPDined on 3/14/2014I tried the squid ink pasta and my husband tried the fish for the day which is halibut. The food was very fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local RestaurantdavidDined on 3/10/2014Recently had a business lunch at Terramia Ristorante. Great place. Very good food, quite and upscale. Could not have asked for anything better. Will definitely be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014Great Italian Food. Fantastic Service. Great Wine Selection. Well Priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Food, Wine and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014Absolutely my favorite Italian restaurant in Orlando area. The pasta and appetizers were delicious, and the wait staff attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding ValueBDLDDined on 2/26/2014Food and dining experience outstanding, all at a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulPaulineDined on 2/14/2014Always enjoy dining at Terramia! The food is fabulous and pricing is very affordable....which keeps us going back. The restaurant looks upscale so it's nice that you get that romantic feel for dinner without the heavy price tag. The service is great and makes you feel at home. One of my top favorites in town!Special Features:
- Everybody loves Italian food!BigGoombaDined on 2/14/2014A nice upgrade from the usual Italian restaurant, Terramia restaurant sports a diverse menu (pizza, paninni sandwiches, full dinner entees, great desserts, impressive wine list, full bar) in a bustling but warm and inviting layout. Well informed and attentive wait staff provided great service on a busy Valentine's Day. Their old location, just around the block, seemed a little more intimate, probably due to the lower ceilings, darker color scheme, and general feel, but the newer location is vibrant and comfortable. Service , as mentioned was excellent, we did not feel at all rushed, even though our group arrived at staggered times due to local traffic. Certainly ranks highly among local Italian restaurants, and is worthy of repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurant......LMSPRSDined on 2/14/2014Great neighborhood restaurant......with excellent service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.