1150 Douglas Ave Suite 1040
Altamonte Springs, FL 32714Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://terramiaorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 774-8466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine Bar
A word from Terramia Ristorante
TerraMia presents contemporary Italian cuisine inspired by seasonal and regional simplicity. The executive chef creates elegant and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Terramia Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Altamonte Springs ›
Terramia Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (11)romantic (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great neighborhood restaurant......LMSPRSDined on 2/14/2014Great neighborhood restaurant......with excellent service and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedElcondidoDined on 2/14/2014Had great expectations, place looks great and seems to have a good following. Food was dissapointing and poorly plated. Wife had a chicken dish that had very little flavor and was plopped on the plate. I had short ribs which were very tendor but the sauce was overly salty.Special Features:
- Very NiceMarkDined on 2/14/2014Took my girlfriend there for Valentines day dinner and it was very nice and romantic we both had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New DigsnaplesfoodieVIPDined on 2/8/2014With a move just around the block it appears that they are trying to be more like their Lake Mary location. I missed the nice intimate setting and the menu from their old location. New location is too bright and way to loud. Food and service is still outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- awsome Italian foodLove2eatalotDined on 2/7/2014Quick and simple.....The best Italian I've ever had in Florida. The sauces are fresh and light and I will definitely be going back more and moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRazlDazlDined on 2/7/2014Food is great but not cheap. Everything is made in house except a dessert or two. Appitizer are large enough to share. They have an outside patio but it was raining when we went. Really enjoyed it. Next time we will go during the week to try out happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!suedDined on 2/6/20144 girlfriends decided to give the Terramia on Douglas Avenue a try instead of our usual one in Lake Mary. What a nice change. It was bigger obviously than the location in Lake Mary and was pretty crowded for a Tuesday night. While it was pretty loud we still could have conversations without shouting. The food was outstanding (as usual) and like always left with a box of leftovers in hand. Terramia is probably one of the only restaurants that I can say that the food is always consistence and the service is always great!!!Special Features:
- Still the best aroundJJOrlandoDined on 1/31/2014Terra Mia continues to be a neighborhood gem in Longwood/Altamonte Springs. A pleasant change from the chain restaurants along SR 436, the food, service and ambiance are unequaled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the driveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014We drove over an hour on the recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed, the food was amazing. The service was great, attentative but not overbearing . Would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- SeatingSurprisedDined on 12/31/2013The last 2 times we have been there, we have been seated immediately next to the service areas where waiters and waitresses pick up additional silverware, etc. Very disruptive to totall enjoyment of their fine foods and wines. We will refuse next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, One bad serverRickDined on 12/31/2013Food is great, but this one time we got an actual Italian server, who thought he knew what he was doing but does not. Really poor service and bad attitude. The rest of the people were very good, and food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ItalianMelonDined on 12/27/2013We were a large family group that met for dinner here. Everyone loved their meal and desserts. Service was great and the musician was entertaining and friendly. We would definitely return when we come to Orlando again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home run, but too way much noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2013Food is amazing. Service warm and friendly. Styling is elegant. Noise level however is atrocious. I've always loved this place. The new location has definite noise problems. Even the servers complain that the echo from the restaurant's industrial ceilings make it difficult to hear their customers. At a table for 4 (with the fifth sitting on the end) no one on one end could hear what someone at the other end of the table was saying. When confronted, the owner just brushed it off as a busy and festive that evening. I hope he gets the message and fixes the noise problem. But, until he does, all of us who went there that night will not come back. Other than the noise issue, this is a great place to go if you like scrumptious food. Yum!Special Features:
- Impressive for OrlandoFromMadridDined on 12/7/2013We are picky eaters meaning that we love good food and well prepared. Coming from Spain we have a large repertoire of cuisine and styles. We have to say TerraMia is very good. Their Ceasar salad was as good as mine. The Calamari was excellent although they could have cut a bit on the salt. The Ortelana pizza was outstanding! Very pleased with the food.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013Excellent food, service, and ambiance. One of our favorites!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep ReturningTripdadDined on 11/23/2013We found Terramia by accident 4 years ago and have been wonderfully pleased each time we return. We live 1 hour away but don't pass by without stopping. We have introduced Terramia to over a dozen of our friends and they are always very pleased with the visit there and many return own their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Italiansince2011VIPDined on 11/16/2013The food here is comparable to what i had in Italy: beef carpaccio so tender it was like butter, short ribs likewise, and a meat sauce that elevated simple cavatelli pasta to gourmet heights. it can get pricey if you want to sample every course- hard to resist!- but for the quality, it's worth it. Limit yourself to two courses and you can eat like a king for a moderate amount. Service is attentive and also authentically Italian :) The restaurant is large and when they're busy a bit loud, but otherwise it has a pleasnat ambience. Patio dining is available for smokers or those who prefer fresh air or more quiet.Special Features:
- Can't Have DessertJenniferDined on 11/14/2013I made reservation for my husband's birthday. After our entrees, the waiter stopped by to ask if we would like coffee. We said no but would like dessert. We were told no as the kitchen is backed up due to the overbooking of the wine dinner. If dessert is a MUST we would have to wait 30 minutes. We declined and asked for the check and a manager. When the manager arrived, we explained our disappointment. She did apologize and said they over booked and there was nothing else she could say. She said that she would give our names to the "real" managers and perhaps they would call us. When asked her position, she claimed to be the bar manager as the others were too busy to talk to us. Apparently, this place doesn't need our business.
- Fabulous FooDaisyDined on 11/12/2013We had out of town guests who wanted Italian food, so, of course, Terra Mia came to mind. They were certainly impressed and ate everything on their plate which is more than I can say of me. I'm never able to finish their ample portions. They loved it as did we.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChuckVIPDined on 10/26/2013I've been a fan of Terra Mia for a long time, but was disappointed by my first visit to their new location. The table spacing was cramped, they were out of the wine I ordered, and my dinner arrived just warm enough not to be sent back for re-heating. The service was very good, and the good tasted fine - just not hot enough.
- Sorry to say we won't be back.Texas1976VIPDined on 1/25/2013The waiter seemed arrogant when we inquired if traditional Italian dishes were offered. Waiter was impatient (rude) with us all. The 3 orders of antipasto, combined on one tray, seemed skimpy. It took several requests for each water glass to be filled. No one in our party was offered a second glass of wine. It took quite a while and several requests to finally get a high chair for the 9-month-old. Two of the six had Chicken Parmesan and it was mediocre: grizzle in chicken piece, under browned. Three in our party had the special: seafood, including lobster, and the piece of lobster, although a 1/2 lobster tail, only had a tiny piece of lobster under all the shell. Of the 6 diners, no one wants to return to this restaurant!
- I travel quite a bit and tryixlr8VIPDined on 1/21/2013I travel quite a bit and try to find locally owned and operated places to dine. I found this place, thanks to Open Table and I couldn't be more happy. I took a colleague out for a celebratory meal and though the place was much more suited for couples, we had a great evening and a fantastic meal. The service was top notch, the food was prepared wonderfully. My only complaint, if at all, was the price. However, my ratings should reflect a more than satisfied customer. Thanks.Special Features:
- Eh!BridgeVIPDined on 1/18/2013The food was just ok. If I didn't have a gift certificate I would never have gone. Although our bartender was very good, the food did not leave me wanting more.
- Wonderful, as always! GreatLarrytheComputerGuyDined on 1/16/2013Wonderful, as always! Great Italian and excellent wine selections! Attentive service. Delightful fresh pasta.Special Features:
- 1st time dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/20121st time dining experience at TerraMia for New Year's Eve dinner. Special menu for the night and the food was out of this world. Can't wait to go back and see the full menu. We had a great experience!Special Features:
- I have been going to the restaurantJoeBDined on 12/26/2012I have been going to the restaurant for about 2 years now. The food is excellent and I have never had a bad meal at this establishment. The restaurant is located in the Orlando area and I live in Tampa. Well worth the two hour drive.Special Features:
- TerraMia is an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/12/2012TerraMia is an outstanding Italian restaurant which I would recommend to anyone. The food and service is excellent!Special Features:
- Party of six. Table was situatedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Party of six. Table was situated adjacent to front door entrance and was not the best ambiance for that reason. Food was a tad more expensive than I felt it deserved but it was very well prepared. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Canceled reservation---naplesfoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2012My reservation was canceled by me with Eric by cell phone at 8:54 pm, Friday November 9.
- PHENOMINAL EXPERIENCE....EVERYTIME!NicNapDined on 10/19/2012We have been bringing friends and family to TerraMia since it's opening. The food is always fantastic, the ambiance magical, the staff friendly and the overall experience HIGHLY enjoyable!Special Features:
- Great place. Good food. ServiceSicilianChefVIPDined on 9/22/2012Great place. Good food. Service was outstanding thanks to Joe our waiter.
- We will be going back soonOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012We will be going back soon for another delicious meal! The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Great service.Special Features:
- Absolutely stellar experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2012Absolutely stellar experience again! The food is as good as being in Italy and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- There are just a few goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2012There are just a few good Italian restaurants in the Orlando area and this is NOT one of them. The food is as fake as the partition walls put up in a strip mall to make it look like old Italy. Of the four meals served at our table two should have been sent back but weren’t. Al dente is one thing, under cooked is another thing. An experienced chief can do it but it’s tricky for someone just out of culinary school. I’m not sure why but this Longwood Terramia could take a few lessons in management, service, and quality of food from Terramia Lake Mary.
- 2nd time we visited. A bitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/20122nd time we visited. A bit over priced, glass of wire, 2 dinners and split a dessert was $105 w/ tip. Felt the meal was 25% to high. We would eat there more if it were just a little better priced.Special Features:
- A Good Meak RuinedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2012This is one of the best restaurants in metro Orlando but on the evening we were there the dining area was not available and the bar area was extremely noisey.Special Features:
- Had to wait a bit to be seatedMeg91Dined on 6/30/2012Had to wait a bit to be seated even though we had reservations. Nonetheless, great restaurant.Special Features:
- We went for mostly the entertainmenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012We went for mostly the entertainment [Dave Witte] and found the food as excellent!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian fare inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012Authentic Italian fare in a quiet neighborhood plaza. Service was a bit slow though efficient. Did not go above the required tasks. Food was tasty. Great sauces. Entres a bit on the small side. Hoped for a bit more adventure and imagination in choices offered.Special Features:
- Dark! I literally had toXcvbnmDined on 6/20/2012Dark! I literally had to use a flashlight to read the menu ( the waiter provided it). Portions are large.