Terrain Garden Cafe
561 Post Road East
Westport, CT 06880Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Terrain Garden Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.shopterrain.com/westport-restaurant
- Phone: (203) 226-2742
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alissa Svorka
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Allow terrain in Westport to host your next special event.
Our services include: Personal Chef Dinners, Showers, Afternoon Tea, Rehearsal Dinners, Anniversaries, Engagement Parties and Fundraisers. Please email PrivateEvents@shopterrain.com
- Private Party Contact: Coltan Bloom 203-226-2732x7
A word from Terrain Garden Cafe
Share our local, organic meals with close family and friends as you create lasting memories in our charming indoor/outdoor setting. We work tirelessly to craft an environment that aesthetically and gastronomically reflects the cycle of the seasons and the local Westport community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Terrain Garden Cafe - Best Restaurants in Westport ›
Terrain Garden Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (56)great for outdoor dining (55)fit for foodies (54)great for brunch (37)neighborhood gem (32)good for groups (20)romantic (16)special occasion (15)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (8)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great atmospherePaulaDined on 11/14/2014The steak for two was realy good and it came with delicious sides - the roasted tomatoes were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WiltonDined on 11/13/2014Have enjoyed every meal I have had at Terrain. Lunch or dinner are very good, the food is very fresh. The service is also excellent and friendly. Love the industrial setting wich mingles garden and home accessories with the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysPSFoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Not only a great place for lunch, but dinner is always beyond our expectations.Special Features:
- Cafe in a storeChattyCathyDined on 11/4/2014Terrain has a small, locavore menu but there is still something for everyone including a delicious hamburger. Even though it's patio sits on the Post Road, it is surrounded by the garden store's vegetation so you are not aware of traffic. Really lovely for brunch on a sunny day. The store is great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am telling all my freinds!MossLadyDined on 11/1/2014Terrain was everything I had hoped it would be & more! all the touchpoints were well met & many exceeded! keep up the amazing job!Special Features:
- lovely restaurantrobinxtooVIPDined on 10/26/2014lovely restaurant in beautiful setting. Great for lunch or brunch.Friendly and attentive service.Feels like your eating in a garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itNormDined on 10/25/2014Have eaten here 4 times for brunch, both inside and out. Consistently excellent. Love this place, charming and delicious.Special Features:
- lunch with the birdssoutherngal1Dined on 10/25/2014very "natural setting".......birds flying in and out of forest-like dining area. Food/wine were overpriced, and disappointing. Pulled pork had no taste, save for the bottled sauce.Special Features:
- like always I was happyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014U can't go wrong here everything tastes great and i love that menu is changing all the timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden Dining Delightc2edinerDined on 10/23/2014Love the ambiance of the garden and the food was delicious. I brought two girl friends from out of town and we had a lovely time browsing the shop after lunch.Special Features:
- Fabulous!NickyCDined on 10/18/2014Second visit to Terrain and this place does not disappoint! Consistent great food, service and ambience! Wonderful neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal!PaulNewmanDined on 10/18/2014I have been here multiple times and never leave unhappy. The food is excellent and the atmosphere you can't beat. Lunch seems to be busier than dinner cause they valet during lunch but not dinner. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good food or experince.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Atmosphere and Good Farm FoodNYfoodmavenDined on 10/11/2014Took friends visiting from NYC to lunch on Saturday. This was the perfect intro to a fall weekend in the country. Food was delicious, service excellent and the garden atmosphere so uplifting. Since the cafe is part of a gorgeous shop, we had the added benefit of grazing for books, kitchen, bath and garden goodies.Special Features:
- good food, spotty servicelauriegDined on 10/10/2014Second time visiting, both times it seemed our food was forgotten. We had to ask, after 20 minutes, where our apps were. After that things were ok in terms of speed -but- would prefer a more reliable delivery. VERY NOISY by the kitchen, the next time I go I would hold out for a table anywhere but there.Special Features:
- DisappointedsusanneatkinsVIPDined on 10/8/2014I won't be returning. The food, although interesting, was not very good. Salmon was tough and kale too tough to chew. Dessert nice, but way too sweet.Special Features:
- Always dependableEdsworldDined on 9/24/2014I've eaten here at least 10 times and everything is always presented beautifully as well as using healthful ingredients. Mellisa is extra spectacular but all the servers are attentive and professional. It's hard not to go there for lunch! The displays and plants lend such a comforting environment both indoors and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal!!julesengDined on 9/21/2014Have eaten at Terrain many times now and my experience always exceeds my expectations.The food is fresh and delicious, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. I have often lately whenn asked for a good restaurant in Westport name Terrain first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love love!Lom33Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time dining at this location. Typically I go to the one in PA. It was just as wonderful if not better. Beautiful place and amazing food. Had brunch and our waitress was lovely. Was very busy and handled it very well, never felt ignored. The cheese board is not to be missed along with an extra pot of bread .. Or 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot On!UrimanDined on 9/18/2014First time at this restaurant and I couldn't be more thrilled w/ the experience! The setting is calm and beautiful. The food is incredible and beyond fresh and creative in presentation! The staff (especially Melissa) are very cool, laid back, approachable, fun and very knowledgeable and proud of what they represent at Terrain. I would..... and already have, recommended this spot to anyone who truly appreciates good (both taste and quality) food and a great laidback setting, surrounded by good people and inviting plants / environment I'm truly SOLD on Terrain...Top 10 in FFLD County EASILY (cost, food, comfort, atmosphere, etc...)....Special Features:
- Lovely family brunch.SusanDined on 9/14/2014There were four of us at Sunday brunch on a gorgeous day. We arrived 40 minutes early for our reservation but were seated within 5 minutes of arriving at an outdoor table as requested. The brunch menu has a nice variety of items available. A couple members of our family can be somewhat limited on what they will eat and we were all able to find something delicious. The food was hot and arrived in a timely manner. We enjoyed the Monte Christo, the pesto gnocchi and scrambled eggs and perfectly cooked bacon, sausage and pork belly. My daughters love the presentation of the bread in the terra cotta pot and it tastes great too. It was delightful to enjoy the crisp, sunny day viewing all the pumpkins, plants and fall offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was healthy creative and delicious. We had 3 different lunches and all were fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliably pleasantfoodiefestVIPDined on 9/6/2014food is always very good. service is always excellent. beautiful outdoor setting.Special Features:
- very good.muffinloves2eatDined on 9/6/2014great brunch,delicious food,great ambiance.fun and helpful wait staff..delightful store after you finish brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden likefoodloverDined on 9/5/2014I loved sitting among the plants for dinner al fresco. We had 3 course prix fixe which was delicious and not too pricey. Highly recommend Terrain.Special Features:
- lunchladiesDined on 9/4/2014We were a group of 8 for lunch and all our food came out at the same time. It was delicious and the waiter was extremely accommodating. There were plenty of options for dietary issues on the menu. We spent a long time over lunch, chatting etc. and we were not hurried at any point in the meal. Will go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could go more often!DriveAnHour4GoodFoodDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely LOVE this restaurant. Excellent food that is well crafted every step of the way.Special Features:
- Great fresh foodRumorredDined on 8/30/2014We've eaten here several times. It's a very nice atmosphere. The staff is usually very helpful, and the food is fresh and good. We are mainly vegetarian, so can only address that part of the menu. Generally gets four stars. This last meal was not up to the usual expectation. The mushrooms had a wonderful rich taste but too much salt in the soy sauce. The side of lentils was nice, but could have used a tangier vinaigrette. The quinoa salad is super (as always). This one was a mix of barley fresh vegetables greens and herbs. The main dish of lentils was very good, especially if you dig deep for the garlic sauce. The celery lime sorbet was a great palate cleanser. In Westport, it remains a great option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable outdoor yummy mealSageDined on 8/28/2014I went to Terrain with a friend and ate outside. The food was great - fresh and well done. The ambiance is great outside - you can't believe you are in Westport on the Post Road! So quiet and surrounded by nature. The service was excellent and attentive. My only complaint is that the outdoor chairs are uncomfortable. Otherwise, a great place. I've been for brunch, lunch and dinner and like it for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinning in garden atmosphere .GlobetrotterVIPDined on 8/27/2014If you go to dinner plan to get there way before six if you want to shop in the retail section because it closes at 6, and it was disappointing . We will go back to the restaurant again and again. Very fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine & ShopOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014Lovely outdoor dining. Shop while you wait for your table.Special Features:
- kiki123Dined on 8/20/2014The food is outstanding as well as the service. We are foodies and give Terrain a 10! Staff are true professionals and chefs go beyond the call of duty with the freshest food available that season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect placeWillReturnDined on 8/15/2014For a solid, low key dinner or lunch experience. Service was prompt, food delicious. The burger is arguably one of the best in town. The chicken is also delicious (and we don't usually go for the chicken). It's all done quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly goodLoisAveDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I went for the novelty and were happily surprised by the fresh, well prepared brunch options and special touches (bread baked in a flower pot accompanied by herbed butter). It was a bit more than we'd typically spend but a worthwhile splurge on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful brunch!macdlcDined on 8/10/2014We had yet another outstanding and creative meal at Terrain. Sitting outside in their garden cafe is very pleasant, but when combined with a great meal, it makes a very special time. All our meals- burger, omelette, monte cristo and breakfast plate had unexpected elements. Loved it. And our server Melissa made the meal even better. She is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestportfactorDined on 8/2/2014ate outside in garden area--most pleasant. Rib eye was excellent. Haddock overcooked. Carrot five ways was misconceived mush. Waiter most helpful. Wine list short but well drawn up and very appropriate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014very good food, service and atmosphere! Enjoy for date night with your spouse !Special Features:
- Enchanting!MelBDined on 7/27/2014We came for brunch on a Sunday and we're blown away by the beauty of the place. We enjoyed everything from the delicious bread to the creative cocktails. All in all we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a dreamLgm1984VIPDined on 7/26/2014Went here on a whim because they had a dinner reservation fast. Everything was so amaIng that we returned for brunch the next day. It feels like a fairy tale. The food was so flavorful and creative. I can't wait to see how they change things for upcoming seasons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Terrain Garden Cafe reviews archive.
- Great brunch!Arm818VIPDined on 7/26/2014Great cocktails, cheese board was the best I ever had! Meals were so fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!BobbiVIPDined on 7/25/2014I heard it was great but a little leary of eating in a store's nursery dept. Couldn't have been lovelier. Great waitstaff. Salad was good but Halibut was amazing. Felt like a private garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.