Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
111 W. Water St
New Buffalo, MI 49117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.terraceroomhg.com/
- Phone: 2694697950x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jenny Drilon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate rooms for 8 to a event spaces for 80.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Kemper 2694699900x
A word from Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand
Enjoy rustic Italian cuisine with a waterfront view. Handmade pastas and regional dishes inspired by the season are complemented by a carefully curated wine list and Terrace Room’s intimate fireside setting. When weather allows, the outdoor terrace is one of Harbor Country’s most beautiful dining spots.Continued
Dinner and drinks daily from 5pm.
Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Dinner and drinks daily from 5pm.
Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand - Best Restaurants in New Buffalo ›
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (47)scenic view (39)special occasion (32)romantic (24)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Not as expected!funtimeDined on 8/23/2014Sorry to report that the restaurant did not live up to the advertising expectations..For one thing, the outdoor boasts a lake view when all you can see are the tops of the boats...! Plus it was not crowded at all & we still were not able to be seated outside, which is why we chose the place. We were told they were 'short-staffed' ~ All in all, a so-so place - probably would not go back - but our server, Amber, was fantastic!Special Features:
- Very niceunionpiervisitorDined on 8/22/2014Great restaurant overall. Nice atmosphere! If you are in the area eat here, much nicer than some of the other casual places. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront dinning at its best.BillDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderfull dinner this week under the stars. The food was excellent and the service the same even though they seemed to be a server short. The buss staff was on the ball. They are open for dinner only, but if your in New Buffalo at dinner time, make it a point to get there.Special Features:
- Rude waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We had a terrible experience at this restaurant from start to finish. The waitress was incredibly rude and the food was fair. We never had our water glasses filled throughout the entire dinner. The waitress went out of her way to be nicer to other tables that we could obviously hear and she had an attitude with my family. My son was served a small plate of the smallest amount of pasta which took up @ 1/4 of the plate. It was evident in surrounding tables of kids dishes that other children's plates were over flowing with food. The waitress at the end had the nerve to come up to my father and tell him that he should be nicer to his son-in-law. I wanted to share with others our unfriendly, unequal, and overall disappointing experience.
- Pricey for average food.LucaDined on 8/16/2014This place is average. They charge big city/Chicago prices for food that's notably sub-par by comparison ($18 for a basic Pappardelle Bolognese that should rock, but screams amateur).Special Features:
- Very goodSouthWestDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed a pleasant dinner here. Our waitress was great! Top-Notch service at every level. Our entrees were well prepared and the apps we address were very tasty the Shrimp Scampi app was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace TreatIUTravellerDined on 8/5/2014This is the restaurant of the Harbor Grand Hotel, located on Lake Michigan in New Buffalo, MI. Lovely setting: willow trees, boats, wild geese. Food was excellent with many interesting choices. We had a pasta dish of orchiette, asparagus, sugar snap peas, Caesar salad; tomato basil soup, caprese salad; good wine options, good bread. Might instead have ordered choppino stew. Wonderful dessert menu too. Service was first rate. A real treat.Special Features:
- Biased Chicago ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Caprese appetizer salad was fresh and flavorful, but my papardelle Bolognese was average at best. Waiter brought me a beer glass that had lipstick on it, but in his defense he caught it before pouring and brought me another clean glass. Maybe I am biased being Italian and from Chicago where Italian food is a dime a dozen but you have a better chance finding something better than the Terrace Room in New Buffalo. Try Bentwood Tavern or Stray Dog.Special Features:
- DianeOHDined on 7/25/2014Ate on the patio overlooking the marina. Good menu that was scaled down & not overwhelming. Had antipasto app and some of the best homemade ravioli with spinach and ricotta. Yummy. They had a gas fireplace outside at nite too. Enjoyed it and would definitely recommend and go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and deliciousLindaODined on 7/24/2014It was a cool evening so it was delightful to be sitting in sunshine, looking at harbor. Food was great tasting from salad thru dessert . Enjoyed experience and will go back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peter13009Dined on 7/23/2014Sister restaurant to Bentwood Tavern. Italian menu and we enjoyed the food and service.Special Features:
- Very pleasant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Very pleasant experience. Enjoyed dining on the patio with our out of town guests.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our second visit. The food is extremely good. Great antipasto platter and very good bruschetta. The pappadelle bolognese was rich and delicious. We had a fabulous dessert-chocolate with a hazelnut crust. Good choice of local wines. Our server Amber could not have been nicer. Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerfun2dineoutDined on 7/10/2014The terrace room is a very charming, warm and attentive dining option in New Buffalo. We ate on the outdoor patio that was very comfortable with wonderful views of the harbor. The food from the thoughtful menu was very good and carefully prepared. The service was also very good. There was plenty of staff tending to guests with our server being very attentive. If there was a time she felt she didn't attend to us as quickly as she would have liked to, she acknowledged it and apologized, but in our minds it was never an issue. She surprised us with a complimentary desert to celebrate our anniversary (which she learned about from the comments section at Open Table). Overall, a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrace RestaurantTraveler2Dined on 7/6/2014Great Italian food! The only disappointment was the Pinot Noir. Very weak flavor. Otherwise, everything was super!Special Features:
- Enjoyed dinnerCarrieDined on 7/4/2014Very accommodating - pricey though. Waitress was great. Beautiful night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014First of all, the food was fantastic. We each had a pasta dish and it was served hot and tasted fresh and homemade. The only thing we noticed was the restaurant was quite noisy. It was small and cozy, but hard to have a nice conversation over the noise. I think they could use something to buffer the sound.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarydmfoodDined on 6/17/2014We have dined here on many occasions. We went here for our wedding anniversary a few nights ago. The service was great as was the food. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Everything was awesome!HappyDined on 6/13/2014My favorite is the rainbow trout. Our friends had the linguine and clams, chicken Parmesan, and Ceaser salads. All were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary dinnerVito46383Dined on 6/13/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary. The staff acknowledged it and brought our dessert with a little candle on it for the occasion. Great food, reasonable pricing. Good wine and beer list, and my wife enjoyed a peach martini. I have already recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close getaways.liketotravelDined on 6/7/2014We have probably had dinner here at least a dozen times. Entries have always been VG-Italian-and lean toward the healthy side-never a disappointment. The wine list has a very good selection, however, I just love their good old fashioned Vodka Martini-straight up. The restaurant interior is elegant, though we always eat outdoors because of our traveling companion Remy-Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. The outdoor dining area surrounded by trees, the fire pit in the center, and a wait staff that has always been outsanding, makes it a truly relaxing experience. Well worth the 75 mile drive from Chicago and get away from all those restaurants that are spoiled by too close seating and noisy, obnoxious patrons.Special Features:
- TheTerrace RoomAFChicagoDined on 5/23/2014I had heard good things about the Terrace Room - and it was good. Not terrific but I thought the food was well done. We started with a vegetable "tempura" - liked it. Our salads were fine. I ordered the trout and it was ok - nothing special. My friend had the salmon that I liked better. Others ordered the papadelle and it was chewy. The sauce was ok but not spiced enough. Nice staff - I would try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2014As good as always. One of our favorite restaurants in Harbour countrySpecial Features:
- Very nice!FirstTimerDined on 5/10/2014It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It was a lovely day, so it would have been perfect to sit out on the patio. We were inside, however, and that was just fine. The food was delicious, I had the ravioli and my husband had the steak. Both were excellent! They have a nice craft beer selection, although they should improve the glasses that they serve their beer in - my only complaint! The wait staff was very nice and attentive and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining gemChidinerDined on 5/9/2014The indoor dining room is nice, but the real star is the outdoor patio that overlooks the marina. The food is excellent. It is billed as 'rustic italian', and it translates to many appealing choices. There are a variety of pastas, most of which are somewhat elevated by unique sauce combinations. The home made pappardelle with short ribs is served with a porcini cream sauce that is so good it makes one want to lick the bowl. One complaint would be that the al dente pasta is really somewhat underdone. The pappardelle were still too firm to twist with a fork, and have just too much chew to be enjoyable. Overall a good dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand reviews archive.
- Too saucy2vegseniorsDined on 4/16/2014We had the eggplant Neapolitan. It looked great, but when you got down to taste, it was too tomatoey and saucy, no other flavor to it. We were looking forward to a nice dinner and since we are vegetarian chose the eggplant. Salad, bread, and the tiramisu were good. Wouldn't go back!Special Features:
- Good find!PCKJDined on 4/11/2014The Terrace Room was a nice find in New Buffalo. It's close to the main artery, and easy to find. It is not too large, so the noise (we were outside ) level is good if you have any hearing issues. We had a nice birthday celebration and the food was outstanding. The unusual endive/asparagus salad was amazing. The Friday choices of seafood and vegetarian are numerous. I enjoyed the whole evening, and especially the fire outside, some'mores and general ambiance was a nice surprise to find. We will definitely make this our restaurant of choice in New Buffalo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantCompletelysatisfiedDined on 3/22/2014I highly recommend the Terrace Room. Excellent food and drinks, the service was outstanding, very accommodating, friendly, and knowledgable about menu and specials. Beautiful fireplace inside, and out as well, with complimentary s'more kit upon request!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat dinerFireplacedinerDined on 3/9/2014My husband and I love this whole dinning experience. The staff is professional, friendly and attuned to your needs. The drinks are generous, wine list affordable, and the ambience comfortable and we love the winter view. We come to the H. Grand every year for 10 years, with family, friends etc. we especially enjoy the pasta dishes, and the special chicken entrées. Wayne is the best!! He is on top of every thing. Bartender/waitress, night of March 9,2014 was also excellent! (Forgot her name) Keep up the excellent work and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little hideaway spot !!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Great spot to sneak away and enjoy the quaint size and breath-taking views! Our server was fantastic as usual, appetizers were outstanding (we had the baked asiago & goat cheese app & Bruschetta app), and the entrees were exceptional (Seafood Cioppino, Pappardelle Bolognese, Chicken Cacciatore and the special of the evening which was a Lobster w/ risotto). Nice selection of wines, vodkas, and local beers. Highly recommend and we will certainly be back. Cheers!!!Special Features:
- Cozy atmosphereZnw2000Dined on 2/28/2014This was our first time at the Terrace Room but it won't be our last. It was very cozy and romantic. My husband and I had a wonderful dinner next the the fireplace. It was freezing cold outside but we were comfortable inside. The food was very good and the pear martini is my new favorite. I would definitely recommend the Terrace Room to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentDrDadDined on 2/22/2014We have been going to the Harbor Grand several times a year for several years. Within the past couple years we discovered the gem of the Terrace Room. Previously we would eat somewhere else in town. Now, we wouldn't miss the Terrace Room for at least one meal on every visit. The service, the atmosphere, the people and the food are always excellent. We love this place. Everyone is so helpful and friendly; it is wonderful to have the fireplace inside and the fire pit outside. There is a feeling of a lodge in a perfect venue and delicious food no matter what we choose on the menu. Definitely a favorite spot of ours in this or any other town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANK YOU!!!!DiningandDashingDined on 2/16/2014I owe a very big THANK YOU, to everyone that worked on Sunday 2/16. I proposed to my girlfriend that evening and it couldn't have worked and gone off as smooth as it did without everyone's help! A special Thank You to the host, who I was able to hand off my camera to and caught our special moment through a barrage of photos! On top of the outstanding service and friendly staff, the food was excellent and ambience perfect for a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite placesoldsaltDined on 2/16/2014One of our favorite places for an special evening for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBoombastic108Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I ate here on Valentine's Day. The food was terrific, and the prices were very reasonable. I expected to shell out $30 per plate, but this was not the case - our entrees were each well under $20. Service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive while at the same time not hovering nor bothering us. The view was great, we had seats by the window overlooking Lake Michigan. On the other side of the glass was an outdoor, open fireplace where we were able to make s'mores. I will definitely go back here again. I recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic getaway, or even just a night away with your loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands Downjdoolz5Dined on 2/7/2014Hands down BEST hotel dinner I have ever had . The ambience , service and food were hands down fantastic.Special Features:
- Ambience better than the foodWaldenDined on 12/21/2013Had the special salmon and was very fishy and dry. Disappointed in their fish entrees. Pastas better.
- Great food and serviceluvfoodDined on 12/21/2013This was a great find. The fireplace outdoors thru our window, very Christmasy and special. Service was excellent and food was outstanding. Recommend the duck.Special Features:
- Love the place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2013Little hidden Jem in the lowest level of The Harbor Grand. Call for reservations in holiday and summer season as it is a smaller restaurant!Special Features:
- business meetinghoosier1docDined on 12/2/2013was great atmosphere for a small group setting for business meeting. Our needs were well taken care of by helpful staffSpecial Features: